**** Watercoolers TGIF ****

MommaPew

Cathlete
Morning All:

Just starting us off. Its raining here so not sure if we will have BB tonight. Hopefully we go ahead and have the potluck afterwards or else I have a whole lot of pasta salad to eat up!

Jeanette - I've only played VB here and there, certainly nothing formal. I'm usually game for any type of p/u sports though. Are you getting a new dish or replacing one? We're on digital cable here and can't decide whether to go satelite. Has the fire's calmed down yet? I don't know what's with the weather this summer. All of Ontario is getting rain rain rain so not just up in the North. Matthew even is starting to comment on it.:(

I guess if I don't play BB tonight I'll have some sort of strength training video on tap.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Morning,
Today was Pyramid Lower Body (up premix only), then Coremax #1. Today is an eye dr. appointment, then back to work afterwards, then golf lesson after work. It's going to be a busy day at work. Yikes.

Patricia, sure hope that weather cooperates and the potluck is a go. Send that pasta salad this way if it's canx. We are switching from DirectTV satellite to DishTV satellite. Hope he can make the switch in the house without me having to move everything off of the entertainment center as it's really heavy. Hopefully just a matter of unplugging cords and using the same cable into the house. Well, it's probably very green up in your area due to the rain. Even our golf course looks more brown and fried. It's so dry around here.

Good workouts everyone,

Didn't get to post yesterday, I finished PLB and CM2 and had a headache so didn't head on to the computer. Doing heavy weights for the lower body sometimes gives me a headache. I still have some DOMS from PUB on Tuesday.:rolleyes:

Off work today, not sure what we'll do. The kids have dr's appts at 3pm, dd has her annual checkup and ds has his pre-op check up/asthma check. I'm looking forward to watching the Olympics opening ceremony.

Cathe's rotation calls for 60 mins of cycling since my bike is broken that's not happening. I wanted to run but didn't get up early enough to do it before DH left for work and I guess I have to stay home as ds isn't old enough to babysit dd yet. The tm is packed still awaiting the carpet so I guess some kind of video maybe KPC??

DS survived his second day alone at home yesterday. My coworker realized that he was home alone when she heard me talking to him and gave me so much grief. Our provincial laws are that kids are allowed to be home alone at age11 (within reason) and can babysit younger kids at age 12. I checked the laws, took him to a prep course ("Ready, Set, Solo"), started him out staying home by himself for one hour after school in the spring, only planned 2 days at home all summer, DH came home and had lunch with him, etc. She made me feel like the worst mom ever. Another coworker stood up for me and said she did the same thing and her kids age 10 and 12 were spending 2 weeks home during her work hours. My ds is very very mature for his age and with all the safety precautions I feel very safe. DH works about 10 mins away and always has his cell phone on, and can leave work if necessary. Sorry, that's my vent she made me feel so bad.

BTW, if you heard about that killing on the Greyhound bus last week. The man who did the killing is at our hospital now undergoing his psych evaluation. :confused:

Will close this self involved post and open another window for personals. Kim

Back for personals

Patricia- That's too bad that you're not getting a very nice summer. Summer is so short that it's always a big disappointment when it's not nice. We're having a warm but not hot summer but not that much rain. This weekend is supposed to be hot, 30C and sunny. I hope you get to enjoy that hot tub tonight!

Jeanette Busy day for you! It's hard fitting in all those appts sometimes. I'm glad that I have Fridays off to do all those extra appts. Did they capture the inmate??Is the prison where you work minimum or maximum security? That was very nice of you giving DH the tv or was it just a good excuse not to finish Imax?

Laurie Sounds like the dentist was fairly painless! So you got tired of the + as well! Well, I don't feel so quilty for not finishing the rotation. What did you decide about the VB? So is that your SIL that you don't like much?

Debra A day at the beach sounds like fun. Tomorrow we have nothing on our schedule and it's supposed to be hot and sunny. I think we might head up to Grand Beach (which has been ranked one of the top 10 beaches in North America) for the day. It will be nice to be at a beach with just the family rather than at mom's or MIL's cottage where there is always chores to be done,etc. I bet the diva is having a blast with Wendy's kids to play with!

Wendy Enjoy the day with Phil. Are you already for your test on Monday?

Kim

Morning Coolers,

Just typed a great post to all of you and lost it!!! :(

Today I was able to get a 6m Easy Run in. I was at a 12min pace, so I had to get up earlier to walk the dog this morning.

Last night when we where at Linens-n-Things the girl at the counter gave me a 25% off coupon for our purchase. Then the receipt had another 25% coupon attached. I think I need some new sheets!

Patricia, It is very hard to find a good dentist. When I was young we had the worst dentist, and I was terrified to go to any dentist. But I now have a dentist that understands my fear, and I actually don't mind going to get my teeth check anymore. Hope you can find one that will be good for you and your family. I bet they still have the BBQ, because I'm betting everyone has food that they don't want going to waste. ;)

Jeanette, The cheese curds where not greasy. :) But of course I had to share, so didn't eat to much! My DB sent an e-mail again yesterday, and there is another place that we can play at that would be sand. It apparently is under a dome. I'm still not sure I want to commit 16 weeks to this, with both DD's starting school and their running and dance. We have been having the best weather this summer. Usually August is our humid/hot month. So far we have only had a few days of that combo. I can count on one had the number of days that have been in the 90's, and none of them on a faire day. Last night we went to Applebee's for our girls night out, and we had a blast. Don't know what we will do with ourselves when we don't have Thursday services.

Kim, Your son sounds like he is just fine with being left alone. Don't let that co-worker make you feel bad at all. Yep I think I had enough of Tony for a while. I may do a single workout, I have yet to try the new Plyo Legs that I received. My DB's wife is sometimes a bit manipulative. She actually started a fight between two of my brothers. Our family doesn't have those family squabbles very often, but she is a big contributor when there is something going on.

Debra, As of yesterday TB is no longer in the picture. But there is another boy waiting in the wings. When DD told her BBF that her and Marco where not longer together, she was happy because nobody really likes Marco. Just before DD went to PR her got in a fist fight with another boy. Had to go the hospital for pain meds. I'm so happy she is moving on. :D This other guy is a NICE boy!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Just finished Cardio Kicks, what a fun workout! Dd is glad that I'm doing Cathe workouts again because she can put the stickers on my Cathe calendar again. :D:D

Laurie, sorry about the lost post, nice of you to retype it all for us! Sounds like dd isn't too heartbroken over Marco! We might go out for supper tonight, I was thinking of Applebee's, just kind of a long drive to the closest one but I have a coupon. What did you have last night?

Kim

Hi all! No time for a long post right now....We are getting ready to head into town to take the girls to the arcade. We had another all day adventure at the beach today. Finally got pics of the whole brood. :) Hope everyone is having a great day....I am pretty exhausted, I gotta tell you! It will probably be an early night for me. We have to clean up the condo and get packed in the morning...then we are heading back to Wendy's MIL's for the evening. The Diva and I head back to NC on Sunday morning. I am looking forward to seeing CBL...sure have missed him this week! :rolleyes:

Just wanted to let you know, too, that Wendy lost a post this morning...and was too frustrated to write up another at the time :(...but I know she says 'hi' to all...And Kim, we both think your co-worker was way out of bounds by commenting on the time that your son is being left home alone. It sounds like maybe she is just jealous that her kids aren't as mature as yours...LOL!!! :eek:

Ta-ta for now!!!

Just got home. I had another really good lesson. I played 9 holes afterwards and was able to apply my lesson to it and hit the ball further than ever before. Afterwards, went to Wally World and bought a new cheapo watch. Then stopped at Starbucks to enjoy a latte and a couple of cookies. My bad, but a little indulgence :D. Am watching the Olympic opening ceremonies right now. What a spectacular show! DH is in Reno with DS having fun looking at the big classic car event. Guess they saw a new Dodge Charger that they were impressed with. Know they will have a great time.

Debra, thank you so much for keeping in touch with us while you are on vacation. Hope it's been a restive time for you, Wendy and the girls. Bet CBL is counting the minutes until you return. Boy, school is starting early for so many. Seems like when we were kids, school always started after Labor Day. Of course, that was many moons ago for me.

Kim, hmmmm, not sure what cardio I'll do tomorrow morning. I ought to go back and do that Imax2, but think I may do a combo of hi-lo, kickbox, and step. They haven't captured the inmate escapee yet. Still searching the area for him. The prison I work at has Level 1, 2 and 3 inmates, with Level 1 being the most minimum security. The prison right next door to us is Level 3 and 4, really bad guys. The program that I'm involved with is Level 1 inmates for the fire camps. Those are the ones you see working by the side of the road when they aren't fighting fires. Cream of the crap is what we say. For years I worked 4 10 hour days. I always scheduled my appointments on my day off. Can't do that now that I'm on a straight 8 schedule. You made me laugh about giving up the TV to DH so I could get out of Imax2. You are darn close to nailing it on the nose! LOL!!! I also think your co-worker was out of line to say that your DS shouldn't be home alone. Why do people think they can say whatever they want?

My eye doctor appointment was okay today. Contacts prescription has not changed. He did tell me that I have macular drusen, whatever that is. He said I need to start taking 500 mg of Vitamin C each day, preferably divided into 2 doses. I need to look online to see what this is. Some kind of deposits on the macula something.

Laurie, glad you had a great time at Applebee's last night. What did you have to eat? Glad that your DD doesn't have The Boy anymore. She sounds too smart to get hooked up with someone that doesn't deserve her. That's too bad that you had a bad dentist experience when you were younger. Some people have deep seated fears of the dentist, which is so unfortunate. It's later in life that I'm a bit jumpy about being "zinged". I never relax until they are done.

Okay, hope to check in with you gals in the morning.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.