*****Kettlebells Weekend Report*****

andilynn67

Cathlete
i didn't see a thread yet so I thought I would go ahead and start. I hope everyone's enjoying a restful Saturday morning! As for me , can u spell Procrastinate?! That would be me, after seeing that I was scheduled for a rest day Sunday I decided to wait till Monday to start ETK. I ordered my band to assist with pullups yesterday so I'm all set. I do think I will add a little cardio in at first, but the ROP looks really challenging so I probably won't need to. What kind of results are you guys getting with this program? I do so love my kettlebells!

Waves to Deanie, Vilma, Pascal , Farmer, Jane and Marcy and to all who come by later!:)

Hey Andilynn~ I slept in too and now am deciding if I want to workout today or bag it and do a workout tomorrow instead. I am seeing some definition in my arms and abs from ETK so far, and I know my endurance is getting better! I really think even the first 4 weeks is a great workout program. I agree, I have added stuff to the first 4 weeks, but once we start ROP, I am just going to do the program as is (that should be enough!!:eek:) I'm glad you are doing ETK with us!!:)

waves to everyone - hope you all are having a fun and/or relaxing saturday!!

Hi All,

I am taking a much needed rest day today. I'm exhausted.

We'll be back at it tomorrow.

Have a great evening!!!

Sunday

Good Morning

I ended up working out last night, so today is a rest day for me.

I did the Gym Jones jump rope workout that Jane posted. Thanks Jane :)!! A really good, fun workout. the time went really fast. The renegade rows were the hardest to do for 2 minutes, I had to take a break at the 1 min. mark.

I also tried snatches with my 30#kb!!:) I did 5 left and 5 right!

Have a great Sunday everyone!!

Today is a rest day for me also, and tomorrow I start on ETK! The ROP looks really tough! I will really be accomplishing something if I can keep up with those pull ups and swings! I ended up doing Firepower last nite and my TGU's are getting better on the right side but it amazes me how I'm so clumsy onthat side and so smooth on the other!

Everybody have a restful Sunday!

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Today I went for a 4 mile run and did the February Challenge. I was going to do more but just pooped out!!

Here is what the challenge looks like for day 22. Someone is doing kettlebell swings in between each exercise. I might do that on the last day.

22 Walking Lunges
21 Front Squats w/weight
20 Kettlebell High Pull
19 Figure 8 to a hold
18 Jump Squats
17 Upright Rows
16 Mountain Climbers
15 Bicep Curls
14 Kettlebell Thrusters (7 each side)
13 Russian Twists
12 Cleans (6 each side)
11 Walking Swings
10 Single Leg Deadlifts w/kb (5 each side)
9 Calf Raises
8 Kettlebell Push Press
7 Squat Thrusts
6 Windmills (3 each side)
5 Renegade Rows
4 TGUs (2 each side)
3 Planks
2 Mr. Spectaculars
1 Burpee
100 Jump Rope

Deanie ~ Glad you like the Gym Jones workout. Congratulations on doing snatches with 30#. You are amazing!!

Andilynn ~ Enjoy you rest day!

Waves hi to everyone else! :)

Hi Ladies!

I had my training session with the RKC today :). Here is what I learned:

I was doing my swings wrong. I had too much squat. She told me that it should look like I am hiking a ball. She also told me to pop my hips harder. She also told me that there isn't a reason to swing higher than chest level.

Cleans- she told me to visualize zipping up a jacket or holding a purse. I needed to keep the KB closer so that it doesn't bang the wrist. She also told me to imagine that there is a wall in front of me so that I don't try to bring it out too forward.

Snatches- Just punch the KB up. She said that there is a race between my fist and the bell and my fist needs to win. Otherwise, I end up with a banged up wrist.

I feel like it was worth the money. I will have a couple more sessions with her so I can work on some other moves.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.