Intervals: work/rest in seconds by round:

1. 30/25
  2. 30/20
  3. 25/15
  4. 20/10
This is my first WOD, and it should be interesting. :p

Be back later
Missy

Good Morning Missy and all who come after!

Providence today for me. Here is the post from my blog:

Providence:

*same weights as last week except:
went up to 30# with the triple crush
1 arm row: full ladder + 1 set 5 reps l/r, 1 set 1 rep l/r (extra reps this week)
* kept up with Anthony, all rounds except 1 arm row and c&p
- last week c&p: only got thru 5 reps, 4 reps and one set of 3 reps on right,-- this week got thru 5, 4 and the entire rung of 3 reps:)
*no rest between rounds
*30#kb for the 3 min. snatch test

Deadlifts:
*used 75#
*5 reps
*form is improving:)

Tababta:
*jumprope - reg jumprope, did 42-43 jumps per 20 seconds

hard to get up this morning. Hard to get motivated, even once I started. snatch test was hard, however didn't use gloves and my hands were okay. so snatch form is improving!
===============================================

Missy::: I like it!!!:D Enjoy your first WOD!!!

Marcy::: I hope you had a nice weekend!

Andilynn::: Hope you are still going to check in with us this week, even if you are doing STS!

Rhonda::: Good Luck with your finals this week...

Jane::: I like muscle max, but power hour is my favorite cathe full body workout.

Gayle::: Great job on the workout Saturday. I think 15ish minutes is a great time! I still want to do that workout, and was going to do it in my backyard (we have a total 1/2 acre of property) but my DH told me how far 100M is and there is no way my back yard is that big! I will have to try and figure it out on the treadmill.

Have a great day everyone!

By the middle of the last round I thought I was going to throw up... I LOVED IT!!! :D I feel sooooo accomplished this morning, that was HARD!!! I don't know when I will be able to eat again, though. Not including wu and cd I finished in 25 minutes, phew!

Deanie, 100 meters is just less than .7 (I think around .66?) of a mile on the TM. 1600 meters is one mile, and I can't do the exact math in my head but it's about that (I think.)

Hello everyone else! Sorry I don't have time to be more personal with everyone and catch up from this weekend, but I have got to get movin'. My nephew is coming over today and I need to get things done before he gets here - or it just won't get done!!! BBL :)

Missy

Good Afternoon!

Weekend:
Saturday: Bolero workshop
Sunday: 3 sets of chinups:
1 - 4&3/4
2 - 3&3/4
3 - 3&3/4-1

This morning I did Tracey Staehle's Results: Boost Your Metabolism. Lots of combination moves.
Rows: 15# and also with lunge
Straight Arm Kickbacks - 10# and then with lunge
Side Raise and with balance - 10#
Deadlift & Row - 15#
Overhead Press - 8#, alternating, with lunge and flutter (fast alternating pulses - had to go down to 5# and finished 2nd set with 5#) (toughest combo of workout)
Lat Raise - 5#, windshield wiper and then with squat combo move - 5#
Overhead Extension (and also with squats) - 8#
Side Lunge with Kickback - 8#
Biceps - Curl, hammer curl and reverse curl - 8# and then with plie squat
Step back lunge with curl - 8#
step back deeper into lunge and come up to balance - 8#
Legs - pulses in front attitude, straight leg to the side (feet parallel) and to the back - legs were burning after this. I think there were about 48 pulses in each direction.
Chest, Glutes and Hamstrings - 10# - chest press from bridge, chest fly in bridge, each from floor to bridge, one arm chest press and 16 pushups on toes.

3 min. cardio sessions between each strength set including mambo front lunge lifting up to jog, low squats to jump, chasse and kick to the back with punch, jacks, scissors, shuffle and cross, speed bag arms, shuffle and squat jumps, slam its (like in Low Max but without the step), line taps, jump rope, jump with knee up and with kick.

Missy - Max is a 2 yr. old reddish copper colored Pomeranian. He's about 7 lbs. I like running with him but he has a hard time keeping up with those little legs of his. Your May was like April for me with all the birthday cake. It was my birthday, DH's birthday and birthday celebration at work. I agree with the everyone: eat the best and forget the rest!:D

Glad to hear you got through your workout! Great job!

Deanie - Great workout with Santa Monica! I see you must like getting back to your DVDs.

Waves hello to Jane, Andilynn, Rhonda, Gayle and all who follow!

Marcy

Well, Monday's here and another weekend gone! Although next weekend is a long one so that is sounding really good and we have friends coming in from out of town and bringing their new puppy ( Boston terrier) with them so I'm really looking foward to the visit! :) This morning I started the second week of STS mesocycle #2 , Chest, shoulders and biceps, I really should have done all my 1rm's but I try to guess ahead of time how many reps I can do with good form with what weight and I think that I'm doing pretty well but the next time I do it I will try to get them done ahead of time!

Deanie- Don't worry I still intend to check in everyday, after this round of STS I'm pulling out my kettlebells , I'm really missing my ropes and Santa Monica!

Waves to Missy, Marcy , Jane, Gayle and all who follow!

Hi Everyone,

A rest day is on tap for me.

Missy ~ Congrats on completing your first Crossfit workout!! Doesn't it make you feel so accomplished?

Deanie ~ Good job on pushing through your workout even without the motivation. I feel like that sometimes too!!

Waves hello to Marcy, Gayle and Andilynn. :)

Hi everyone, I'm a little late today.

Missy - Great WOD! So many brutal elements in that (thrusters, burpees, jumping pull ups)...great job with it!

Deanie - Great job with Providence and your deadlifts! If your treadmill has an odometer, 100M = .06 miles, so you could use that to measure your distance.

Marcy - Good job on your chin ups! The Bolero workshop sounds interesting!

Andilynn - Boston Terriers are so much fun! I'm jealous. ;-) Good job sticking with STS.

Jane - Enjoy your rest. :)

Hello to Rhonda!

I did another 603 WOD today. Here 'tis (my mods in red):
Buy-in
3 rounds:
  • 10 light wall-ball throws or dumbbell thrusters (8lb)
  • 5 burpees
603 WOD

5 rounds, for time:

• 9 power snatch (PSn) 95#/65# (35#)
  • 6 pull-ups (1 unassisted chin up + 5 assisted pull ups each round)
  • 3 ring dips (assisted)
12:02

I've never done power snatches before, so kept it light.
I'll definitely use the unassisted/assisted pull up strategy again instead of assisted only.

Cash out

• 50 double-unders
Plus 6:00 of kettlebell snatches w/ 8kg...just for fun. :)

Have a good evening!

100M = .06 miles
Ah! That's what I meant to say, lol. :p

Marcy, I love those combo moves!!! I used to do Jari Love's RTTC all the time because I love the sweat that you get using all those limbs. That looks like you had a good workout, a real sweatfest.

Andilynn, the weekend can't get here soon enough, can it? We are planning to go camping with some friends, if the weather holds up.

Jane, hope you enjoyed your rest day!

Gayle, HOLY CRAP! Power snatches look crazy! I don't know that I will ever attempt one of those (total chicken), but AWESOME for you! HOLY CRAP!!! Great job, girl!!! :D

Hello to everyone else (Rhonda), hope to see you soon. :)

Have a great evening everyone!
Missy

Super Late Checking in

Hey everyone! I was super busy today but I did 120 swings for breakfast and 200 swings for dinner and the hip flexibility segment of Classical Stretch.

Will be back on track tomorrow to check in. Looks like everyone had a good workout.

Deanie- Thanks. My exams are Wed and Thursday.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.