***** Cheetahs ***** Sunday, August 20th *****

Jess_jugs

Cathlete
Wow, I don't think I've started a Cheetah thread yet!!

This Cheetah was so exhausted that I crashed out at 9:15 & woke up for some reason & can't get back to sleep now at 12:45!! I had that restless leg thing going on, so I figured I'd just get up & stretch a bit again. I was also starving even though I felt like I ate a ton y'day. I guess burning over 1,500 cals for a run will do that!! ;-) So I decided to just eat some yogurt, I never eat in the middle of the night but figured I'd better!

My friend Erin & I are biking at 5:45 so I hope I can get back to sleep soon!! I have a major NapMax planned for the afternoon after church!! It's going to be a busy morning, I'm accompanying the choir & my friend Marsha's solo along w/ playing a solo myself (on my flute). We're having a special concert this morning so it will be fun! Plus I'm singing 2 songs w/ the choir. I'll be ready to crash after lunch!

OK, I'll try to post some replies in a minute! Thanks for all of the support- you ladies are awesome! I was on cloud 9 all day after my great half!

Hugs,

OK, some replies!

Wendy ~ Awesome job (oops, typed jog first!) on running 5 miles!!! What a milestone!! Keep up the great work, girl! I can't wait to hear how that 5K goes!!!

Cathy ~ WTG on getting in MM even though you didn't want to! And those crab fries sound delicious!!! YUM!

Judy ~ It sounds like you're being a very smart Cheetah! Good job on the hilly run!! I had a relatively flat half so that was a nice change for me!

Laurie ~ Woohoo on your fastest 5K time!! You're doing great! And thanks for the compliments on my half!!

Carole ~ How wonderful about the garage sale benefit for John. That's soooo great. How did it turn out?? So now you've got me thinking about the leg work. I've cut back on my leg work training for the half/ full. Maybe I should add some back in? I'm mainly just doing the floor work & cut back on squats/ lunges. I definitely get in good leg work just running & biking hills plus MM thrown in the mix!

Thomasina ~ I'm always happy to see my Cheetah post! Kids can be expensive, huh? Yes, I have a keeper of a dh!! He might think I'm a bit nutty for running but he's always super supportive! And glad I could make you laugh w/ my neighbor telling me I'm the cat's meow!! Yes, he knows I'm a runner but don't think he knows I'm a Cheetah in disguise! :p

Katie ~ Date nights are fun. We just had one for our 10th anniversary at the beginning of the month & had a couple days to ourselves!! (my best friend took my dd's!) It was wonderful! It is nice having the house to yourself once in a while!

Elaine ~ I'm kind of experimenting w/ the weights for lower body too. I think I'll do MM on Monday & see how I feel for my runs this week. I don't want to do too much since my 20 miler is on Sat! I know that lifting more for upper body has really strengthened & toned me a lot!!

Shelly ~ Hope you enjoyed your cross training y'day! Thanks for the good luck wishes! I do walk/ water breaks about every 2 miles also, it really does help!! Just a quick drink/ walk really helps keep me going strong!

Laura ~ Another cheetah shaving 8 min off of her half time- that's great! I'm also sorry about your Dad, I didn't get a chance to post earlier. How is he doing now?

Pamela ~ Happy 12th anniversary!! Any plans?? I hope your dd has a great time w/ MIL! And glad that you enjoyed the gym, good luck if you get a new job!

Christine ~ Thanks for the dance! ;-) Good job on the workouts y'day & the jazz sounds like fun! Wow- no novicaine??

Natalie ~ Again welcome to the cheetah checkin! I hope you love it here as much as I do!

Gayle ~ Always good to see you pop in when you get a chance, busy lady!!

Marcia ~ Are you busy w/ the Tastefully simple parties now?? I hope that's going well for you!

Karen ~ I haven't seen you post for a while. How is the ITB going for you??

Um.... I'm sure I'm forgetting someone & I'm terribly sorry!! My brain is starting to shut down now & I'm going to head back to bed!! Have a great day!

Hugs,

Thanks to everyone for the kind words about the 5 miles. :)

I ended up resting completely today and my eating was atrocious! BLECH! x( I have been pretty shabby w/my eating the past few days but atleast I know why now...the dreaded ttom. UGH. Atleast I know there's an end in sight and hopefully before much if any damage is done!:p

Later today I have to do Ripped to the Core and cardio.

Jess.....You must have jinxed me! LOL I went to bed around 9:30 tonight, woke up about 2:30 and couldn't fall back to sleep! I finally got out of bed around 3am! LOL I'm hoping to get back to sleep soon myself. Anyway...CONGRATS on the half! AWESOME JOB! You should be proud!!! I can't even phathom running that far-that's incredible! WOO HOO! :7

Good morning, Cheetahs!

Jess & Wendy :: our insomniacs :: hope you were able to get some shut-eye!

Jess :: biking the morning after a half?? Whoa! You are one tough cheetah! I wanted to ask you, our resident pilates expert...I was in the store yesterday looking at different pilates DVDs...There was the Winsor Pilates Basic 3-pack for 39.99 and a 10-minute solution Pilates for $15, and I couldn't decide between the two. Would you only recommend Winsor or are there others you're familiar with that you think are just as effective?

Wendy :: I try not to feel guilty about indulging a little when more it's TTOM - a maniacal appetite is just part of the deal for me. The good thing is, with us working out like beasts, I don't think we're doing any damage, as you said. How's that bug of yours? You feelin' any better? Any interest in driving down to Glassboro tomorrow morning and taking Cathe's cardio kickboxing class with me? I am realizing now that Cedie and Jai were also there last Monday - didn't recognize them at first!

Christine :: Well, then, we're gonna have to have a Philly GTG for crab fries! :) Running sounds interesting after cycling AND climbing. I don't know if I'd make it! I don't run on the TM often, but it's funny, my legs always feel like jello for the first minute or so after I get off.

Well, I am going to head out for a run shortly. Seems muggy out there.
Hi to all the cheetahs that follow!! Have a great Sunday!

~cathy :)

Good Morning Ladies..I'm 40 minutes away from a 16k run with our running group and can feel the butterflies churning. I don't know why I get nervous before long runs?! I haven't run with the group for a few weeks but feel the need for group motivation. Not sure what's on tap for the rest of the day. My 16 yo cousin is in an endurance car race (200 laps) at a speedway about an hour from here, I might take the Girls out to that, the races are noisy and smelly but my other cousins will be out and we always have fun together.

Jess, hope you had a good sleep, you sure are a well of energy and determination, biking after a half?}( :) Enjoy your Sunday!

Wendy, have fun with Ripped!

Cathy, it feels muggy here too, I think I'll have a very sweaty run (I break a sweat easily on a dry day!). Hope you had a good run.

I'd better get ready to run!

Later Cheetahs!!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Well, we did a 12 mile bike this morning. Nothing too strenuous, but some good cross training. It really does help loosen up our muscles after a long run! Erin's knee is feeling better, she's still struggling w/ some ITB. I finally got back to sleep around 1:30?? Definitely NapMax on tap for this afternoon!

Wendy ~ Sorry I jinxed you!! I don't know what my problem was last night, too much energy going on still I guess!!

Laurie ~ Hope your run w/ the group goes well! Let us know the details! I don't usually get nervous before long training runs but do before races!

Cathy ~ I haven't tried out the 10 min solution pilates so I can't review for you! My Mom has some Crunch pilates but I just don't like it as well as Winsor (and neither does she now that she has is hooked!). What are you looking to target? Abs? Buns/ thighs? All over workout? Let me know what you are looking for & I can point you in the right direction!

And adding on for Carole who posted at the same time!! That's fabulous about the donations for John!! How wonderful!! Don't ya love Allison's cheesy smile?? She's so funny! I'm glad you think I have good running form, it's funny that I don't notice how I run until I see a pic of myself! Hope you had a good 12 mile run today!

OK, ate breakfast & gotta get everyone ready for church! Have a great Sunday!

Hugs,

Good morning cheetahs

First off...the community raised about $9,000!!!!!! I could not believe the people and all the things that were there. I honestly did have tears...of joy! What an amzing experience to watch. They will do the Benefit again today. (they we only going to do it Sat)

And then of course...http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/5C/51/AnotherSweepersCorner/8/7c.jpg[/img] to our cheetah Jess!! I love Allisons cute face in the pic with you after the run! You really have great running form...:)..sorry about your not sleeping, I did that last friday night..have a great bike ride!

Wendy...sorry too you couldn't sleep....I don't like the tired feeling the next day...enjoy Ripped and cardio...:)

Cathy...I do calf raises 2-3 times a week. This was a great day for Johns benefit...:)..I hope the run today is not too muggy.

Laurie...its a bit normal to be nervous before longer training runs, and group motivation is good! I bet you will have a good run!

Katie...the music in SJP always gets me smiling. Hope you got to blast it.

Elaine...remember I am an old school runner...:)...when I started there was not much advice about weights and running. I will say though when I lifted heavy (and you have to work up to it, slowly) my running did improve. So if you try it there is nothing lost but maybe something gained. If it doesn't work for you then you know already what does...:)...I did buy a wooden bird feeder (my newest thing) and my DH got some life jackets for our boat. I did enjoy walking around though. But I confess I also hid from my oldest sister....hope the 8 miles went well and that you had fun with GS. Yes, I am a Seventh Day Adventist and go to church on Saturday. (cuz football is on Sunday!)...:)

Shelly...sounds like a nice workout yesterday..I think what you have planned for your workouts before the 25 miler race sounds good. I was also very touched by the community today..I know many pictures were taken to show John.

Natalie...that is great your DH rides with you when you run! I have never been too familiar with AWT workouts so what one do you normally use? Also how much do you want to work each body part weekly or does it matter?

Laura...I am glad your Dad is feeling better..:)...I didn't get much time for anything today so I will try and get that info to you tomorrow...we have the same hope with our Ellipticals...:)

Pamela...thank you...the support today was truly amazing. Sounds like the gym was fun and you do live near a few!! http://d21c.com/AnnesPlace/Anniv/Anniv24.gif[/img] and have a lovely day with your DH!

Christine...I don't have a place yet for donations but am working on it...thank you for asking...:)...I think when dentists go deeper it is like a burning sensation (I guess I should say I know!!) The only teeth they work on that don't bother me are root canal teeth...like when they replace the crowns. I am glad to hear iTrains are harder than CC's...so when is this GTG???? Good workout yesterday and it sounds like you and DH had alot of fun at the Jazz festival...:)

I'll be doing about a 12 mile trail run, unless I can go farther...

Have a good day...:)

Cathy: LOL, I don't think I'll make that class this morning but if you want to plan it for another time I'd seriously consider it...um, unless Cathe only teaches in the wee hours of the morning! :eek:

Carole: $9000!? That is freakin' phenominal! Is anyone selling a jogging stroller perhaps? :)

Laurie: How'd the group run go?

Well, I finally made my way back to bed around 4am but didn't go back to sleep until about 4:30. I read for a while. I hate insomnia!!! Grrr!

Not sure what's on tap for cardio today. Part of me ofcourse wants to hit the gym for some itrain spin or the elliptical. The rest of me says I should pay Cathe a visit since I don't see much of her lately! :eek:

I'd LOVE to do that killer kickbox circuit I created using Ripped to the Core for weight work instead of Cardio and Weights but Jari's stuff isn't chaptered so I'd have to fast forward through to get to what I need and I just don't want to have to do that. It'll waste too much time in between! Oh well...I'll figure something out...something that doesn't include a 2nd dvd player hooked up to the SAME tv! LOLOL ;)

Laurie :: hope you had a good long run...mine was only 3.5 miles but ROUGH in terms of the humidity. It was a super sloooow pace and still I sweated buckets. I don't mind a good sweat, but this is the kind where you just feel gross. As much as I love summer, I'll be happy for cooler fall temps soon.

Carole :: $9000!! Woo-hoo! What a turnout! Do let us know if you get something set up. I would be happy to help, too. GTGs keep being mentioned, but I don't think everyone's really weighed in on whether or not there's interest and it's do-able. (I am!)

Jess :: my fitness goals right now are to lean out and burn fat. I'd be interested in anything that would help me do that. I know you said you lost serious inches with the help of pilates...

Wendy :: the class is tomorrow, actually (Monday). I plan to go the following Monday as well, if it's something you can swing. It runs from 9:10 - 10:10. I do know they have a day care room...

OK, cheetahs...it's too humid to bother drying my hair (it'd just be a frizz fest), so I'm thinkin' it's a hat day. :)

-cathy

Hello,

I just got back from a 71/2mile run with my friend marci. It feels goog to be able to run longer distances again!YIPEE!!!!! I was checking out my garmin training info and so far since I got my garmin I have ran 141miles in less than 3months. I guess you dont realize how much you really run until you look at something like that . That is why I love my garmin!!!!!

carole no hurry on the info,whenever you get around to it!!

good morning to all,talk with you all later,off to take a shower, I stink!!

Morning ladies. Today is supposed to be my long run, but DH is at work for awhile and I don't like taking DD to the gym with me. I'll have to wait and see what time he gets home. If he doesn't get home in time then I'll probably do a Cathe workout while DD is taking her nap later and do my long run tomorrow instead.

I'll write more later because I hear DD awake in her room.

Katie

Katie,

I'm just curious why you don't like to take your DD to the gym??? My son LOVES the daycare room! I look forward to taking him! :)

Hope you get your run in today!:)

Cathy,

OY! That's too early! It would take me about 90 mins to get to the gym. ACK! Oh well! I'd still like to plan an NJ cheetah gtg though! :)

Great run Laura! Are you smelling fresh yet? :7

So I skipped cardio today. It's all part of a new plan/rotation I am trying to come up with. They say you don't need 6 days of cardio to get results and I want to test that theory out. I am considering a rotation that gives me 3 weight days and 4 cardio days every week w/1 complete rest day.

I'm back from my run, it was a really good one. Our group was about 30 people, I ran with the first 10 then settled into a chatty run with a guy and gal. We set a really nice pace and let the others pass, we kept our pace and at about the 12k mark ended up passing most of the folks who had pulled ahead of us. I struggled with the last 2k, (last k was all up hill x( ) but kept running, it made all the difference giving and getting positive feedback from my running mates! I bought some no blister socks as I keep getting a blister on my arches, I tried on some new shoes with a bit higher arch and will buy them on Tuesday. I really enjoyed the de-briefing banter and stretching after the run, I don't socialize enough and had a lot of fun this morning:)

Carole, that's beautiful that people have pulled together like that for John. The outpouring from our church and my husband's co-workers was amazing when he was ill. The guys that he worked with contributed 1 hour's wages per person per week to him for for almost 2 years, the money was nice and helped tremendously but the love and kindness of the gesture did more for my John's spirit than words can say. We hear so much about man's inhumanity to man but not enough of the good that we quietly do for each other:) Enjoy your trail run!:)

Jess, nice ride, enjoy your NapMax:D

Wendy, have a great workout...once you figure out what to do ;-) :7

Cathy, too funny about the hair, I left the house with cute straightened hair yesterday and came home with full tilt humidity hair, yikes!! :eek: :+

Laura, way to go with your 7.5, sounds like you're feeling very good!!

Katie, enjoy your workout, it's a real treat to do Cathe once in a while now that I'm running so much, like a visit with an old friend :)

I'm feeling pretty gross now, better go shower so I can feel human again:7

Take Care
Laurie

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I’m having great difficulty typing this morning!

Jess – sorry you couldn’t sleep – but great job on getting up and riding this morning. Yeah, I find myself hungrier after a long run.

Wendy – that crud you have seems to be catching. I think I’m dealing with allergies though. I’ll bet you are still walking on air after the fiver, eh? Good foryou!

Cathy – Oh, don’t forget the Philly Cheeseteaks, too!! It’s not entirely out of the question, actually – my sister lives in West Chester, so I’m in the area every now and again… I’ll let you know when next. You met Cedie and Jai, too? Oh, I want to hate you, but I can’t… :p So, I’ll just be majorly jealous!

Laurie – I get nervous before long runs, too, so it’s not just you. Hope it goes well!! Enjoy the race track!

Carole! YEAH!!! Sounds like the community is really behind your nephew – that’s WONDERFUL!!! I love stories like that! Elaine and I have determined the GTG – West Coast will be late October or early November in San Jose/San Fran or Napa – depending on everyone’s availability. Any ideas?!

Laura – I’m sooo glad you can run distance again! Good for you!!! Stinking like that is a good stink, but still – go take a shower… 

Katie – hope you get in your long run!

I have no clue what I’m going to do today. I seem to have picked up Wendy’s crud – I noticed it yesterday on the treadmill – I had one heck of a time breathing. I could breath okay on the elliptical and bike, but actually panicked a little on the treadmill. Had to turn the speed down a bit. Oh well… After I do whatever I do, it’s GroceryMax – already put together the menus for the week – just have to get the ingredients… Might take a rest day (I’ll end up changing my rest day to Sunday’s soon anyway – with Football season almost on us. Or I’ll do some light step or Kickbox. We’ll see.

Christine, Sorry you caught "the crud"! It's sounds like a VD, doesn't it!? DOH! :eek: LMAO! :7 I am still not 100% yet myself. :-( I'm still stoked about the 5 miler ofcourse! :+ Have a great work out...what ever it may be!:)

Laurie, Sounds like you had a fantastic run! Good for you! I already worked out today so :p ! I knew I was doing Ripped to the Core...I just decided to leave off the cardio at the last minute. I have to come up with my new rotation before tomorrow though...THE PRESSURE! LOL

Off to the showers now!

Wendy, it's nothing personal against the play center, but we have had problems in the past with parents bringing their children in when their kids are sick and then DD gets sick. DD is very prone to croup and gets it quite easily(in fact, she just had it last week)and sometimes she gets it quite severely. So, if at all avoidable we try not to take her there. I might try again in a couple months and see if things go better. It's just something DH and I think is best for her right now.

Katie

Good Afternoon Cheetahs :)

Yesterday was the rest day and today was HSTA.
Fun Fun Fun!

Tomorrow I will have a long rung with running girlfriends. I checked out a training plan onv Runners' World to follow for a 10K but will not run it. The plan is just to serve as a guidline for me. I'm thinking it will help me decide how far to run each run and not over or under training.

Jes- congratulations on a well done run!!!!

Carole- Wow, I neverhear d of anyone making that much on a garage sale!

Big Hellos :7 :7 to Cathy, Katie, Barb, BarbPace1987, Mattea, Thommasina, Colleen, Marcia, Shelly, and Elaine!

Christine- I hope you feel better soon

Laura and Laurie- nice runs!!!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Well, decided to change my rest day to Sundays and my long run day to Monday. I'm taking today off - incase you haven't figured that out. LOL. I just put my full rotation together through the Half in October, so I'm excited. I'm going with Total body workouts to be able to fit everything in, so I just bought Muscle Max - can you believe I didn't have that? And yes, Carole, I'm adding floorwork, and keeping LL in my rotation to get some heavier lifting for them.

Wendy - you had me laughing! YES! The Crud does sound like something you'd pick up in a dark alley with a gentleman of the evening... :+ I took some psuedofed, so I'm feeling better. Just figured that I've been pushing pretty hard these past few weeks, and a rest day today would be good - to clear the lungs and the stiff legs...

Judy - are you planning on doing an event? I like the training schedule from Runner's World - it's what I following for my half. It makes more sense than the others as I'm running 4 days a week and not 3. Although I sometimes sub a run for a trail run, hike or elliptical. Thanks for the well wishes!

Good morning! All week long I've had the "crud" that Christine now has. I ran my pace run yesterday and my 13 miles today. Let's just say I am glad that is behind me and that I hope I get over whatever this is soon. I felt better last weekend after running 26 miles in two days time!

So I just wanted to drop in and complain, I mean report, about my run and to tell Jess WAY TO GO!!!!

Talk to you all later after I go take a little nap!

christine I am all cleaned up now,no stinking!!

for all of you who want to know ,our finishline has there shoes buy one get one half off,dont know if all the stores do but sanduskys did. I bought two pair since I was in real need. My other shox are worn down so bad. I buy mine in the kids sizes,there cheaper! you can buy kids if you wear a shoe size up to 71/2 in ladies I think.I wear a ladies 7 with my orthotics anyway,usually a 6-6.5 but I wear a 5.5 in kids shoes.
elaine hang in there, it will get better,believe me I had months of not feeling great during my runs,it sucks!
chat with you all later!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.