******* cLEAN & tidy wednesday *******

Well, no snowflakes for me just yet. It is supposed to start between 6 and 8 am, just in time to make the drive to work nice and messy! They are calling for 1 - 3 inches. I hope we get a foot!

My weight has come back down from my freakish four pound gain over the weekend. Thank goodness, that kind of thing can really mess with your head! I know I shouldn't pay so much attention to the scale, but it's hard not to!

Workout today will be Drill Max Cardio Blast Timesaver. I think that I may need a day in between the heavy lifting days for optimal performance.

Menu today:

B protein shake
S half sandwich
L grilled chicken, pasta
S banana
D TBD, something tidy at least!

Good morning Katie & all who follow! I'm finally able to post in the morning again! Well, for today anyway!

Katie, Glad your ## came down. I feel great and am curious to know my number. I'll check it on Monday.

b - kashi, banana
s - apple
l - tortilla soup, grapes
s - ??
d - salad w/ grilled chicken

w/o - REST DAY!!!

Ah! Isabel is up (way too) early! BBL......

Well, the snow has officially started! A few small flakes, we will see how it progresses!

I am tired, do not feel like bouncing around. I think I am going to change my workout plan to 4DS Legs and extra-long stretch (per the 12/5 daily challenge!).

Check back after my workout!

Good Morning:)

Katie** Nice to see the scale working in your favor! When it goes up that much you know it can't be for real, or atleast we hope:)

Kate**enjoy your rest day!

Im up and ready for work, just waiting for DS to wake. I try to get as many things done in the morning as I can b/c it makes it a little easier on DH...but it looks as if he is gonna have to tackle everything on his own today. Its not 7:20 and I leave in 25 mins.

I weighed today and the scale was down another pound and a bit. 117.2 today. Thats very very good for me considering my prepreg weight was 128-130 and my goal was 125. Im not actually trying to lose weight though and Im hoping not to go to much lower with the hussle and bussle of christmas....I always lose christmas time and I think if I lose more, i will have people crapping on me!

Todays meals so far are:

B-All bran bite and fruit
L-Pita wrap and yogurt
S-?
S-Maybe the lasagna I spoke about last week!

Im hoping to get out while I am at work and pick up some fruit and snack food! I should also buy some protein bars. Much easier then drinks!

Lori:)

Katie - Enjoy your workout! I don't know how ANYBODY can bounce around right after waking up. But then again, if I got more than 5 hours of sleep at night maybe I could too!

Lori - You LOSE weight at the holidays?! Trade ya! Actually a couple of years ago I did but I know I was overexercising and not eating enough protein.

If you are reading this post and do not have a water by your side, stop what you are doing and go fill 'er up!

Have a great morning!

Kate** Does coffee count as water? LOL Im still in coffee mode, not ready for water just yet.
Actually, when I lose weight at Christmas time, Im probably working out less, on the go more and my eating is all over the place.Last yr of course was an exception cause I was pregnant and definitly gained! My sister came home for the birth of my son and we would get up in the morning, play video games and eat chocolate covered jube jubes! Nice hey? LOL

Katie** It hasn't really stopped snowing here the past few days. We have a pile of snow and more to come. Certainly brings christmas to life! I think I will ask my boss for some christmas decorations today.....that should pass a bit of time away!

Morning ladies. Ok Kate I'll put down my coffee :9 and pick up my water but if I don't get any work done today....

:D

Good job losing those extra #s Katie.

Good idea Lori I'll decorate the lab today. We have all kinds of crazy decorations, maybe I should buy better ones.

My w/o today Cardio and Weights
b-egg whites
s-?
l-chicken and salad
d-bake ziti (low fat cheese and whole grain pasta), veggies on the side

Water, Water. Hot Chocolate and Water today I promise.}(

Good Morning Fellow cLean and Tidy Friends,

Workout this am was 4DS Shoulders, Bis & Tris, cardio LIS & 4DS BC. I find the cardio in 4DS to be intermediate level. What do you think?

Meals went well yesterday until I ate chocolate turtle chex mix! I didn't over do it, but UGHH!

Lori, How are you losing the weight? You've lost more since the Circuit City Check-in. Good for you, you look beautiful, don't get skinny though, k. :)

Kate, Only 5 hours of sleep a night! Did you know they believe a lack of sleep keeps weight on? You are exercising too hard and eating well, so you need to get some more sleep. I have water by my side! ;) Thanks for the reminder.

Katie, Enjoy your workout! I'll send you some of our snow. :) Drive carefully to work.

I need to read yesterday's posts. I'll be back later.

Hi Everyone!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Robin** I think my boss hates decorating time b/c no matter who is doing the decorating...we always need something. He complains that the lights are left on to long, and then every yr we need more lights. Not to mention that some of the decorations are awful looking! Im hoping that someone bought some new stuff last yr!I may have to go buy some stuff on the sly! LOL

Shirl** Im not sure what I am doing. DH and I were talking about it last night b/c he said my legs were smaller and my knees were getting boney.He doesn't really notice though. Is it possible that my metobolism could be faster since having DS? I am definitly on the move more and DS doesn't let me sit for long. I thought that when I got back to work I might gain some back but Im still losing. Prehaps I have a worm! LOL GROSS! I can't beleive I just said that!!! HEHE I like being this weight but it can make conversations a little uncomfortable. I had baby group at my house yesterday and one of the girls commented on my weightloss and asked what I was doing, when I told her nothing, she looked at me like she didn't beleive me. And I can understand that b/c when people have told me that, I didn't beleive them.

Anyway...Im glad I have a min to be catching up with my check ins! I love checking in but when I am home with DS I find it hard to keep up with personnals. I don't want to be one of those people who writes about themseleves, expects everyone to read it but then does't read anyone elses post!

Hello cLean and tidy friends!!

Its cold here again today, like crazy cold! Its only early December, i better get used to it.

Katie, enjoy the snow, i love the snow when its not freezing!! And its my turn to have the 'craps' today lol!!!

Kate, ahh, DH too sore last night, you whooped him! Isabel is one of my favourite names, if i have a little girl, i might steal it:)

Lori, yeah, lose weight, good for you girl! I do as well, but i usually work out like nutso. This year, Christmas day and Boxing day, will be rest days!

Robin, i love C&W, havent done it in a while though.

Shirl, i agree, 4D is intermediate, but i like the short intensity of the workouts. My body responds to less cardio, more resistence. I find they're great too for getting the heart rate up!

Well, today, i will do LIS and B&G after work. I'm getting really overwhelmed here with new year projects. I dont even have a 2008 Calendar yet!!
I will post more later,
Have a great day everyone,
Steph

Robin - C&W is one of my all-time favorites. Gets such a good sweat going!

Shirl - I wish I COULD get more sleep - some nights are better than others, but we just have so much work to do.;(

Lori - I lost a ton of weight very easily (too much) after DD#2 was born. In fact, my period didn't come back for a LONG time (til I gained back 10 lbs). I actually had too little body fat!! Hard to believe for me.... I know I look healty and fit now, just would like to see a 6-pack... I used to get A LOT of flack from all family that I was too thin. I didn't see it then (and would get very defensive) but looking back at pics I was too thin. Glad to pack on some muscle now!

Steph - I wanted to spell Isabel as "Isabelle". I took 5 years of french and was pretty fluent so I wanted her name to reflect that part of me. But DH said people would call her "Isa-belly" and if she were even slightly pudgy she would get made fun of. So I got my name I wanted, and he got the spelling! I guess since he never got a boy (and probably never will!) I can concede on a few less letters in her name! ...I'm (im)patiently waiting for my Cathe calendar to come...

I get 5 new Cathes in the mail today!!!!

Doing great w/ eating. For some odd reason I am crazily motivated this week. I guess I'll take it!

Stephanie** I think we forget that Jack Frost usually visits this time of yr. We have had a lot of snow the past few days but its pretty mild today...but that just makes the roads slippery!

Kate** Im still having periods so thats not an issue. I don't think I am to thin but I wouldn't want to get any thinner. Sometimes I do wonder how people see me b/c I know we don't see ourselves the way others see us. Then when I look at my jeans I think "im not gonna get those on" they look so small. But then I do, and I think they just have alot of give to them. Then in an hours time they are to big for me. If I look bad I would like for someone(other then my mother!) to tell me! I remember a couple of yrs ago a friend of mine went down to 110 and we are the same height...she looked AWFUL...then I think, Im only 7 lbs away from that! I guess Im gonna have to start having some lunches with DH at night!:9

Time for lunch gals. Pits wrap here I come!

Just had my AM snack - banana and a few fiber crackers...yum!

Lori, At least you are conscious that there *could* be an issue. A good friend of mine is an RD and boy, did she get after me...a lot. Would DH give you an honest opinion? Enjoy your "pits" wrap!;-) :7

Yes, DH would give me an honest opinion, as would my friends but at the sametime DH sees me so much that I don't know if he notices that much! LOL I think I am fine right now. But I think if I were to go any lower I would get a far bet of heat from people. My MIL was giving me a hard time until she sat down and had some meals with me and she knew then that I wasn't doing anything on purpose.
I need to get to the store and get some fruit! I know bananas and peanut butter:9 I just haven't been able to get anywhere with all the nasty weather we have been having! Ugh..I can't wait to be off this weekend! A nice sleep in will be WONDERFUL!!!!

I just finished my lunch. So far today I have had;
*All bran bites and Yogurt
*1/2 apple turnover ( i know, I know..LOL)
*Ham and Cheese pita wrap,100 cals bag of sunchips,and a clementine.

Not sure what will be next. Probably another yogurt and apple!

Lori, What kind of pb do you buy? I've tried so many natural pbs, but can't make the switch from Jif Extra Crunchy...(hangs head in shame)

I'm hungry!!!! Waiting for Gina to get off the bus so we can eat lunch!

I am ashamed to have to come in here and admit this, but... Admitting that you have a problem is the first step in recovery.

My eating has been horrible today! First, my workout was not great, I just was not in the mood. Then I ate cheerios. When I got to work I was craving junk really bad, so I ate a Snickers bar. Then I ate my 1/2 sandwich. Then I ate a cookie bar that someone had brought in, then a cracker with cheese dip. Then I went and got Burger King for lunch. Uggghhhhh....

I have to wonder if it is the snow. When it starts to snow, I feel like I should get to lay around the house and eat whatever I want. Maybe since it didn't snow enough to close anything, and I still had to go to work, made me feel even more "entitled" to eat junk. IDK.

But what's done is done. The rest of the day will be squeaky-clean. I will have a banana for snack, then brown rice, peas, and vegetable egg rolls (baked) for dinner. If I get my eating on the right track now, maybe I will not have a food hangover tomorrow.

Sorry to be such a bad example. Will you all still be my friends?

Don't worry Katie I'm in the same boat. I had chinese food for lunch and now I feel like going back to sleep and starting this day over. For now on today clean and tidy!

I agree with you shirl the cardio section in 4-day is intermediate but the weight section is advance.

Shirl chocolate turtle chex mix? How do you make it?:)

Gross is right Lori you don't have a worm, you will be eating like crazy :eek: . Instead it may be that you are getting your body back and your metabolism is running high. Look if you really want some pounds just send me you address and I send you some of mine;-).

Sorry about your binge, Katie! It seems like if I allow myself a little, I end up doing a lot. I feel your pain! (But not today fortunately! I did have a tiny peanut butter cup after lunch though!) Maybe do a light cardio tonight to help. I remember before you said you didn't like 4DS legs and if I remember right, didn't you do that again today? Maybe this just isn't "the one" for you?

Robin - what was your chinese?:9 I lovelovelove General Tso but I don't eat it anymore!!! I miss it!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Sorry for the late post but my morning has been crazy. I live near DC and we got the snow. I didn't think much of it - just a dusting for my commute to work. It took me 45 mins. to drive 2 miles. I had to turn around and come back home so I won't be late for my meeting.

The good news is that I am home in sweats and loving it. I still have to work but it is slow since not many people made it to work.

Shirl - I agree that 4DS is more intermediate. I really wish it was more advanced
Katie - sorry you didn't get your snow day. Hopefully you can recover from your morning treats
Robin - mmm chinese food. I have not a had a nice greasy chinese meal in ages.
Lori - you are lucky to have the fast metabolism. I was like that while I was planning my wedding. I ate everything and never gained an ounce.
Jenn - welcome back!

w/o was BM2 Cardio Blast Premix
b: oatmeal
l: healthy chop suey with brown rice, clementine
s: tbd
d: ww spaghetti unless we decide to venture out in the snow :)

Have a great day everyone!

Colleen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.