**********Kettlebellers May 12**********

Good morning ladies! I just wanted to get us started this morning. :) Today is a rest day for me. It is DS's birthday today, and he is 10 years old now! :eek: I can't believe how fast he is growing up. I am so proud of him, he is such a great kid! I am going to drop of my other DS (5yo) at his friend's house so that I can have a special date and take Layne out to eat his favorite, sushi, and then see Star Trek; there is one thing that both he and I have in common - we are sci-fi junkies! I just can't believe that he is now in the double digits... I am so sad! Where does the time go?

Have a great day everyone!

Missy

Good Morning

Today was Newport. I woke up late, didn't get to eat first, and since I was late, I didn't take any rests between rounds:eek: I still ended up 5 minutes late!! I did up some weights and used my 25#kb for a few rounds! see my blog if you want details:p;)

Missy::: Happy Birthday to your son!! I know time does go so fast!! Is he your oldest? My oldest and I have the same "likes" for books. We've read Harry Potter together and we've shared the Percy Jackson series. Enjoy your time together!!:)

Gayle::: Yeah! for getting thru CC!! Did you end up doing Providence last night? I am just practicing regular deadlifts with a barbell. When I do resolution (aos downloadable workout) I need to do deadlifts. Here is the deadlift I am practicing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqxim0YXr90 I really want to have the right form

Jane::: Hope you enjoyed your rest day. Love swimming for exercise! Hope you aren't still sore!!

waves to Andilynn, Marcy and Rhonda!!

Another busy day for me, I wanted to get back to the boards yesterday and chat, but never made it!! Today is work till 2, go to my ds's elementary school for the book fair, guitar lesson for ds9, baseball ds12, and soccer practice for ds9! Thankfully DH will be home tonight to help out (he is ds9's soccer coach!:))

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:
Good Morning Everyone!

Missy ~ Happy Birthday to your DS!!! What a fun day you have planned! Enjoy it!

Deanie ~ Glad you got your workout in today.

Here is my workout for today.

"2009" (courtesy of CrossFit Champions)
2 Rounds for Time
200m Run
40 Slam Ball
40 Sit ups
40 Box Jumps
40 Push Press
40 Jumping Pull-ups
40 KB Swings
80 Walking Lunges
200m Plate Carry

They have an option to add 69 burpees :eek: at the end or the 1st or second round. Ummm....I don't think so. I could probably manage 6 or 9 but not 69!! :rolleyes:

Waves hello to Gayle, Andilynn, Marcy and Rhonda (having fun in CA). :)

Hi everyone!

Missy - Sushi and Star Trek sounds like an awesome evening!!! I loooove sushi. Have a great rest day. :)

Jane - That looks like a great workout! It doesn't need no stinkin' burpees. :p

Deanie - Coach Rippetoe is an excellent resource for deadlift instruction. I have his book Starting Strength and it's excellent. He has another DL setup video that I also found useful: http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_RipDeadliftSetup.wmv

Rip also has a bunch of other DL lecture clips on the CrossFit site.

Waves hello to Marcy, Rhonda and Andilynn.

Last night I went with something I called "Swinging Annie"

50-40-30-20-10 for time
Double-unders
Kettlebell swings (16kg)

Time - 24:54

The original Annie is a couplet of double-unders and situps...but for some reason I *thought* swings would be soooo much more fun! :confused: I really need to practice my double unders, they took me forever. I think for ever one I made, there were at least one or two attempts that failed. There were a few bouts of dry-heaving during this.

Tonight I'm doing a WOD from CF 603: http://www.crossfit603.com/2009/05/stand-up-linda/

“Stand Up, Linda”
5-4-3-2-1-2-3-4-5 reps of:
  • 1½ x BW DL
  • 2/3 x BW press
  • 3/4 x BW PC
They recommend scaling to your 5RM if you can't do it as rx'd, so we'll see how the weight ends up after warm-up. Should be tough.

Have a great day! :)

Last edited:
Hi again!.... Look I made it back today!! LOL:D;)

Jane::: enjoy your workout for today! I don't think I could do any burpees after all that!! :confused: Let us know how you made out!!

Gayle::: Great workout! I copied it, may have to try it on thurs or fri this week- I like the swings better than situps too. thanks for all the deadlift info. I am off to check out the link you posted in a moment. the deadlift really is a great workout in itself! I saw that 603 "linda" workout posted the other day and thought of you!! funny:D:) I hope you enjoy it!!

Marcy::: Where are you chicka??? Hope you aren't working too hard!!

waves to everyone else!

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA. Been busy at work. I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day.

Here's my recap:

Saturday - Waltz workshop
Sunday - 10 Days - Lower Body
Monday - 3 pullups plus Squeeze Stronger Upper Body Premix and (gasp!) I went for a run!/walk. I only ran for half a mile and walked for 1.2 miles but it's a start, right?
Tuesday - Altar of the Heart - attempted headstand 5 times and managed to do one for a couple of seconds.

Andilynn - Congratulations on all your As!:p

Missy - I would say Firepower is more strength based and I would put it in terms of difficulty between Providence and Newport. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR DS! Yes, they do grow up very quickly. Sometimes I can't believe mine are in their 20s!

Gayle/Jane - I think I need a Cross Fit dictionary to understand all your workouts! But they all sound tough to me!

Jane - I know I couldn't do any burpees after that workout (that is, if I could even finish the workout)!

Deanie - I don't know how you get through Newport without rests! Great job!

Waves to Rhonda (who I hope had a great vacation!)

Marcy

Hi all! I'm off to the basement in a moment to do STS disc 14, I did #13 Sunday nite and was really feeling it the next day so I'm hoping this will be a burner too! I need to step away from the tv anyhow, I started watching the Alzheimer's project on HBO and I just want to cry watching how sad it all is I forgot so much since I've been out of that line of work and although I'm looking foward to going back into a nursing environment it's so hard to watch people decline and the pain their families goe thru. Yep, time to head to the basement and cheer myself up!

Marcy- I agree , I think I need a Crossfit dictionary! I'm way to intimidated by how tough these workouts sound to try them!

Missy- Enjoy your evening, I heard the new Star Trek movies is really a must see!

Jane- How many burpees did u do? I'm afraid I would need to be hospitalized after 69!

Waves to Deanie and Gayle and all who follow! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.