************Clean & Tidy Tues. 9-4***************

chefkate

Cathlete
Good morning gals!

Robin, does your chest cold have youin bed this morning? Hope you're feeling okay!

ARGH! DDs are up - BBL!

Keep it clean today!

Hi Kate and good morning Clean and Tidy Peeps.

I saw Hairspray yesterday and boy was it different than the one with Ricki Lake. This one has a lot more dancing and singing.I liked it kinda cute. I may download the soundtract to do my power walking.

Thanks everyone I'm feeling a little better today, but I still have a cough. I did Kim Spreen Kickbox Bootcamp and it was hard for me, maybe bec. I'm still sick.:+

Yes Mikkia yesterday and today I'm off from work and the kids go back to school today. YAY!:eek:

Colleen how is Amy's Bootcamp?
Step D how is Amy's KBX?
I know no one compares to Cathe but is it advance or intermediate w/o?

Thanks for the recipe Trixie. I know Oxygen is very expensive. I'm going to check Ebay to see if someone is selling last months at a discount price.

Kate my kids will be out-of-here soon and I can really clean the house.

Plans:
b- egg whites
s-smoothie
l- chicken and salad
s-popcorn lite
d-?? maybe salmon cakes and whole wheat pasta
plenty of fluids...I'm going to try to drink

chat later

Hello Kate, Robin and all clean eaters to follow!

Kate, good luck with the first day of school!! I'm sure its a little hectic :)

Robin, I love KBX, its high cardio, a real sweatfest. Its long, over an hour or so, i try to do one longer cardio session/week, the rest i try to stay under 45 minutes. I wore my HRM yesterday actually, i dont know how accurate it is, but i burned 500 calories with KBX, so pretty decent

I'm still trying to shake off my Sunday family nightmare. I feel terrible.
Trixie, thanks for the recipe!! I'm a vegetarian, but i always just take recipes and replace with tofu, always works out 100%!

Today, workout, total body and Bar method tonight.
So far:
Oatmeal only..back at work, so i'll post later in the day.
all the best everyone,
Steph

Hey Guys, This weekend was a nightmare. I won't elaborate too much, but it included pizza (albeit organic), meatballs (soy, but still meatballs), bread, MILKSHAKES (made with soymilk, but still a milkshake). It wasn't pretty. Needless to say, I'm 2 lbs heavier. UGH!! So, I'm really going to try to clean it up this week and get back into the swing of things...

Workout today: Muscle Endurance

B-oatmeal and fruit
S-granola bar
L-salad with chicken
D-fish and whole-wheat cous cous

I have a bad habbit of really craving something sweet after dinner, so I'll probably do strawberries...

Please send your good vibes my way! I'm really hoping not to backslide again!!

oh i'm sorry about the extra weight Stephanie but a little cardio...ok a lot of cardio and plenty of water will knock out those pounds.

My DS loves banana smoothies/milksakes and I make it with soymilk. I thought that was considered clean. I don't add sugar.

Good morning everyone!

Robin - glad to hear you are feeling better! Workouts are always hard for me after I have been sick. Amy's Bootcamp is okay. Some of the cardios are hard but others aren't too bad. I also felt like I could have used heavier weights for some of the moves, and a little too much rest in between. I definitely like her Xtreme series better.

Kate & Robin - Happy first day of school for your little ones!

Stephanie0523 - sorry to hear about the weekend. It seems like it was a tough weekend for most people on this forum.

Here's the plan:

w/o KPC
b: shredded wheat w/ almonds
l: grilled chicken salad
s: fruit, veggies
d: taco salad

Colleen

Hi everyone,

Robin I was right there with you yesterday. I guess I finally got the cold everyone else in my family had. I was on the couch all day.

Kate our first day back to school is Thursday. I know it will be hectic until we get use to it again.

Stephanie I think a smoothie made with banana and soymilk is clean,but maybe not low cal.

Steph I've been eyeing Amy Bento's KBX video. I need more kickbox videos. But I really shouldn't be purchasing anything right now. I may just have to wait for Cathe's new workouts to arrive.

W/O BM2 cardio timesaver premix plus abs

B:Kashi cereal,skim,blueberries,2 egg whites
S: apple and Nat.PB
L: flounder filet,yel peppers,salad,1/2 mango,15 grapes
S:cottage cheese,blueberries,1/3 of a banana,crispbread
D: chicken,spinach salad, 1/2 mango
S: cottage cheese,peach,crispbread

I am recommiting to clean eating and I am tracking what I eat.

Have a clean and tidy day :) !

Elaine

Here is Mikkia post for today. I found her all by herself.

Good Morning!
I think I beat Robin to the computer this am! My little guy starts preschool today! I thought I'd better get a head start!
Hope everyone is feeling good after the long weekend and recovered from all we did, ate or didn't do!
Work out- this week is a busy one so I am pulling out my Timesaver DVD I forgot about and will do those all week.

b-ezekiel granola and strawberry and yogurt
l-left over artichoke quinoa from last night
d-cilantro chicken enchiladas-I just eat a chicken breast with the sauce on top of it and maybe a salad
(flank steak recipe will have to wait until Wed, can't wait!)

Artichoke Pilaf
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 cup chopped red onion
3 cloves minced garlic
1 c uncooked quinoa cook by package directions, but use chicken broth instead of water
1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
2 cups of frozen quartered artichokes, thawed
1/2 c reduced fat feta cheese
s&p to taste

cook the quinoa as directed and set aside. Saute garlic, onion in oil for 2-3 min. Add the artichokes, saute for 5 more min. Add tomatoes and cook until warm. Add the quinoa and salt and pepper. Sautee for 5 min. Add the feta at the end and take of the heat after stirring well. Let set for 5-10 min to let flavors soak in. I think it even tastes best the text day.

Have a great tuesday! (Mikkia)

Hi StephD - My husband used to be a vegetarian until about 2 years ago when he made a new years resolution to eat meat. It's been easier to cook now that he eats meat, but it is always a challenge to eat healthy.

I just received this vegetarian recipe via email (self.com sends a weekly recipe) and I thought I would share:

HAI CITRUS TOFU KEBABS
Serves 4

INGREDIENTS
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp minced ginger
2 packages (14 oz each) extra-firm tofu, drained
1 navel orange, unpeeled
1/4 lb snap peas
2 oz fresh shiitake mushrooms
Vegetable oil cooking spray

PREPARATION
Combine soy sauce, juices, honey and ginger in a baking dish; whisk until honey dissolves. Cut each block of tofu into twelve 1 1/2-inch pieces and place in a single layer in dish, spooning some marinade over tofu. Marinate at least 20 minutes (or overnight, if desired), turning tofu once halfway through. Cut orange into 1/4-inch-thick slices, then cut each slice into 4 wedges. Thread orange wedges, peas, mushrooms and tofu on 8 skewers. Coat grill with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Place skewers in a single layer on grill. Cook until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve immediately.

Thanks for moving me Robin, see what happens when you don't open up our post in the am? I get lost! Hope you are feeling better!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.