%%%%clean&tidy hump day%%%%

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

Sorry I never checked in again last night. I had a crash and burn and was ultimately ashamed of myself. I honestly don't know what happened. I was doing so well and it was like a self fulfilling prophecy, like I knew I couldn't do it so I didn't allow myself to. I had a great afternoon with that British woman (more on that later) and went to the grocery store and she helped me find things which was awesome. I came home and planned to make grilled chicken salad for us and saw these chocolate covered waffles sitting on the counter. It was like I thought I was never going to be able to eat sweets again. I devoured the last two and then ate TWO 100 calorie packs of popcorn that MIL brought and THEN ate a strawberry tart thing (sufficiently getting rid of all of our French desserts) and THEN ate some bread and brie. UGH. Confession finished. I am SOOOO disappointed in myself.

I need to learn that depriving myself NEVER works. I just need to remind myself to eat (and DO everything) in moderation. This eating thing is such a difficult thing for me to grasp. My personality is so all or nothing that I don't know which end to be on.

Today my goal is to just be moderate. If I want something, I'll eat it - just not all of it. I don't know what else to do.

We are going to Kate's house (the british lady) to meet another family that just moved here from the UK who has young children. I'm really excited to have "plans" and so are the kids. I really feel like this will make a big difference in getting settled here.

Morris, I'm praying for you and your mom! Hang in there and like the others said, try to talk to her health care providers. Especially in a situation where you aren't sure she should be making decisions for herself. Great job keeping up with the WOs and I'm glad your kids are behaving.

Kate, you crack me up with all your nursing posts. I remember spending hours on the internet when I was nursing Annabel. And you guys are scaring me with your STS talk. I'm afraid to try it! :)

Katie, how was the rest of your night. Are you and Christ doing better? Sometimes I find that all that little stuff disappears after an hour in bed together with no TV... :D;)

Klaudia, sorry about the continued neighborhood drama! My family considered moving to FL when I was a kid (did I already tell you this?). My dad is a golf course supt so getting a job would have been no problem and he has to plow in the winters too and hates it! I wish we would have moved - I LOVE Florida! :) Glad your Spartans won! My Illini beat Purdue on Sunday and got themselves RANKED!!! WOO HOO! Too bad I don't get to watch any of the games...

Robin, your family story just makes me sad. I don't understand when women don't have a motherly instinct. How does this happen? I am also frustrated that anyone can have a baby! I can't believe that lady that just gave birth to octuplets and isn't married! And now has 14 kids! Geesh. I hope things get better!

Anne, that's so awesome that you're doing a recital! I'm so excited for you. I loved recitals when I was a kid. :) Did you at least get a little sun while you were on vaca? :)

Colleen, sorry about your micromanaging boss - that's so annoying! Did you get home at a decent time?

Ok, off to have some breakfast - think I'll have an egg white omelet. WO today will be step blast. I'm not sure I've ever done the whole thing.

Have a great day! (Half way through the week Katie!)

angie

Angie, (((HUGS))) I'm sorry that happened. I can definitely relate. I used to be like that in my teenage years and early 20s but I have really gotten a handle on it lately and I believe whole-heartedly that you will too. For me, my attitude about food changed dramatically when I started lifting heavy weight. Don't beat yourself up about it, just spend some time trying to figure it out (and it sounds like you have). (((Moderation vibes))) today!

So here is MY story of self-sabatoge.... When I am not following a structured rotation, I DO NOT WORKOUT CONSISTENTLY! I oversleep, then make excuses for it, then I just pick a workout in the morning based on how much time I have (usually only 30 - 45 minutes). STS starts on 2/16 (Monday) so I am really gonna have to get it together by then and get outta bed on time.

Off to figure out which workout to do with my 40-ish minutes:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

well, chalk another one up for feeling rotten about herself!
my eats arent awful but theres a lot of room for improvement!
im so tired of 830 wo's. no way i can do early wo's - j's up at 6 to nurse usually and i cant wake up at 5 after going to bed at 11 and being up nursing from 2-3.

oops - isabels up - bad dream - bbl...........

ginas up too now.....too early! they are gonna be cranky tonight!!

its so foggy i cant see our barn!!! why isnt school delayed!?:mad:

anyways......
today is a rest day and eats will be as clean as possible. no m&ms!!!!! im boing to put them inthe freezer - i dont like them cold. i snacked on them on & off y'day w/ peanuts!!!! yeah, thats a real calorie torcher!:rolleyes: i have isabel's vday party but the frosting is always nasty canned stuff so no temptation there.

angie. good luck today! ita w/ moderation! i hope you get to make some friends there - i know you will! you're as sweet as can be!
katie, you'll get your focus back! you always do! and theres nothing wrong w/ a 40-min wo!:)

morris, hows your mom?

man! hugs for all of us!
1-2-3....group hug!!!!!

Last edited:
goodmorning everyone

angie, hugs to you for yesterday. i know what that is like. like katie, i had a problem with that in my teens. it has been better in the last 10 years or so, but i can still overindulge for sure. and i know just what you mean about self sabatoge. maybe try for 85% clean instead of perfect? maybe giving yourself a break will help and you won't feel deprived? how exciting about the british family!! enjoy step blast.

katie, 40 min of workouts is just fine! your structure will be here before you know it. i did ps cst yesterday and enjoyed it - thank you!

kate sorry for the sleep deprivation. maybe a few days a week you could carve out some other workout time? i find aidan likes watching me lift, if it is short enough:) maybe julia would like to watch you do your versa climber? as for nursing and typing, well, here is aidan now - typos!!:confused:

anne , thank you or your input. my sister is going to talk to her drs for now. i am worried about after she is out of the hospital. my mom won't let me have access to her dr's. but, if she so much as mentions suicide again, i will force the issue. she has been way to comfy mentioning it the lsat 3 weeks, and now we know she means it. i'd love to see your recital too.

hi colleen - hope today is better.

hi robin. how close asre your cousin and her family?

hi klaudia, how is the weather today?

well,i am really struggling with sleep, and not b/c of kids:( i stioll got up and basically pushed my wo so i would not think about other stuff - 5mile interval run, then both bc cardios. i am wiped out now - it is only 7! but, another home day withe boys:) we will go foer another waljk as it is a balmy 29 here and may visit friends. also chore max - and valentines for school. bbl

morris, im glad your sis can be a help w/ your mom.
what morning wo!!!! my goodness!!!:D:cool:
julias nursing now too.....and i cant tell if shes trying to go back to sleep or not! doesnt she know i have to get her sisters ready for school???!!!:p

Morning

Angie when it comes to eating moderation is the key. Don't get me started with the octupletsmom/Angelina wanna-be. Not only is she not married she doesn't even have a home of her own and an income. I guess now she does because she get paid for her interviews.:rolleyes: The tax payers are paying for the care of octuplets...millions of $$$$.

Katie maybe went the weather get warmer you'll be able to pop out of bed early enough for a w/o. I don't think that STS has a timesavers.

Kate I'm cranky today too. I had a nightmare that monsters were following us (me and some other people) and we had to beat them over the heads with a cast iron pot in order to kill them. :eek: I woke up with a pounding headache.:( Napmax for me today.

(((Morris))) stay strong. My cousin Tracey is too close to her parents IMO and they treat her like she is 16 but she is 44. They have been bailing her out of her responsibilities for 20 years.

Off to do my w/o STS legs

There must have been something in the air yesterday because I had an off day too. Eating was stellar til late afternoon, then I had way too many honey wheat pretzel rods. Dinner was turkey Italian sausage and sauteed veggies-no pasta! Killed it with 1/2sleeve of thin mints! And NO workout to boot!! I just crashed around 4 and couldn't get the energy to do anything. I'm glad we have each other for support and motivation, because I need it today! Another slow day-just a workout and a trip to CVS tonight for Valentine's Day stuff and that's it! So no excuses! I think I'll do 3 total body workouts this week, so maybe PP or ME.

Angie, je te donnne des grosses bises! Nous avons tous les jours comme ca. Ne t'inquiete pas! We'll all start fresh today! Woo hoo for my Spartans!! Close game! We have to play Purdue next week-I'm nervous already! Have a great time today! I wish I had someone to visit:( No invites, alas.

Katie, think of it this way-how many of your friends or the general population for that matter, do anything fitness wise? Exactly! A random workout is a workout none the less. Think of it as muscle confusion;)

Kate, I can't workout past 7! Can you try for earlier workouts on the days when both girls are at school? And 1 rest day during the week. That way, you'd only be working out later 1-2 times/week? Super foggy here too, but it smells good:) A tease of Spring!

Morris, more hugs coming your way! You did a run AND 4DS BC/KB?! OMG, I really need to get moving! Have fun with the boys!

Hi Anne, Colleen, and Robin!

Morning, everyone! Well, I did get up this morning, as promised. I thought of all of you when my alarm jolted me awake at 6:10. I got up at 6:19 and did Slow and Heavy Legs and Shoulders. I hate the posterior delt raises in that workout, but I did all 3 sets nonetheless. And by the time I got to the rotator cuff stuff I was dyin'! But I got it done. I have a doctor appt. at 4 today, so I'll be home early and do some cardio and abs. Then I'll be caught up for the week.

Angie, are you familiar with the 80/20 rule? I learned about it in a management class, but I find it applies to many areas. Basically, do the right thing 80% of the time and don't worry about the other 20%. There's a lot more to it, of course, but it's along the lines of moderation. And, please don't be disappointed in yourself! That only leads to self loathing, which none of us need. Trust me, I beat myself up all.the.time. and it really doesn't help. I'm trying to learn how not to do that.

Katie, your focus amazes me and don't worry, I'm sure STS will help you keep on track. I'm also a big believer in 30-45 minutes a day, rather than an hour plus. What I've found is that as long as you do something most days, you're golden. It may not give you the aesthetic results you seek, but it will definitely give you the health benefits, such as more energy and living longer.

Kate, have fun at the vday party. If you're serious about the recital, it's on June 6th at EL High School. Don't feel obligated, tho! It is a fun recital and the guy who owns the studio does a really good job. Each performance is only about 2 minutes and there are only 7 seconds between them. So, it moves right along and is quite entertaining.

Morris, more {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}. I'm glad you and your sister can deal with this together. Enjoy getting outside today!

Robin, which STS legs did you do today? How was it?

Hi, Klaudia! Go Spartans, huh? Did you get to watch the game? Was it on ESPN? I looked for it on the Big Ten Network, but didn't find it. We have what I call "fake" cable, as we only get a few stations. Unfortunately, we don't get ESPN. I miss that and Comedy Central. I used to get to watch SportsCenter 5 times a day--lucky me! But we canceled cable in the hopes that we would spend more time outside. Now we just watch more PBS. Oh, well, once it warms up we'll have plenty of yardwork to do.

Hi Colleen!

Okay, I must close this novel and eat some breakfast (Fage nonfat yogurt and string cheese). See you all later.

anne

Hey all,

Quick check in. Today has been a much better day! I had a great time visiting with all my british friends - feels so good to just KNOW people! She made us some fabulous homemade mac and cheese with some cheddar from London and I had a "lovely" cup of tea! :)

Just finished step blast - I know now that I've never done the "full" version because it's awesome and I love it! I'm not crazy about the middle combo but the last one is super fun! Now I'm having a "good" snack - banana and 100 cal pack of popcorn!

Anne, I think that 80/20 rule is something I really need to apply. I feel like I'm doing it well enough everywhere else but eating just kills me! :) Great job with S&H this AM... are you following a rotation this month?

Katie, I'm totally with you on the rotation. I can't believe how much better I do when I have a plan. I can't imagine just trying to come up with something every morning. I would just sleep! And I think you'll do great with STS!

Kate, I'm totally in for the group hug! I love you girls! You seriously all are my motivation. Sorry about the cranky kids today! :)

Klaudia, so nice to hear I'm not the only sucker for thin mints out there - I'd eat the whole box if someone let me! Today is a new day though, right? Hang in there and get that WO done!!!

Morris, thanks for the support - I can't believe you get up even sleep deprived! You're a rock star!!! Keeping you in my prayers!

Robin, how was STS legs? I bet it was rough. Is there floor work? Floor work is my enemy!

Hey Colleen, how's work today? And STS? How's it going for you?

OK... need to clean and put some laundry away before Ryan gets home.

Talk soon...

i like annes 80/20 rule!
thecookies were homemade and i had one! but nt 5 so im considering it a victory!

bbl for personals!

Hi Everyone!

Just a quick hello on a busy Wednesday. My day didn't get much better last night when I received emails about additional items being added to my release. We are already maxed out and now we are adding more. That sucks.

I am really hungry today and I don't know why. I guess STS is finally catching up with me. I am really enjoying the workouts. It moves so quickly (sometimes too quick) and we are switching exercises so I don't get bored.

I will try to be back later for personals. Have a great day everyone!

Hey ladies, sorry I never made it back this am. I was able to squeeze in IMAX2 1-8, so not too bad. I am hoping to do MM upper premix tonight.

Collin's valentine's day party is today, and I am really upset about missing it. All the other moms were going (it seems) and I feel like a bad mom.

Back to work, yay:rolleyes: Not a good day for me....

Katie, {{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}. You are not a bad mom. I promise. I'm sorry you're upset, but Collin will be fine. Trust me. Great job on the WO this morning.

Hey, Colleen!

Angie, I'm not really doing a rotation. I decided to do S&H for the last 3 weeks of Feb. with 3 cardios per week and then see what the March rotation looks like. Having said that, I haven't even finished the first week and I'm already bored. I really want to do 4DS, but I feel like I *should* do S&H. I'm toying with doing one body part per day and 30 minutes of cardio each day next week. That would cut down on the concentration needed and give me my cardio fix. I can lift heavy, and enjoy the results, but cardio is where my heart is. My all time favorite? Going for a bike ride on the river trail by my house.

Gotta scoot. BBL.

anne

i have a no napper here today:( which is really too bad b/c i nmeeded one. we had a fun morning on a play date with a friend of mine. i made some brownies for v day - did have a lick of the bowl, a big lick. luckily the brownies are in a heart shaped pan, so i cannot have even a corner! what i really really want is a big warm homemade muffin - something truly yummy. a cup of real coffee would be good with it. ahh, my imagination.

i truly feel like i am still in shock. i need a day off i think, but, not going to happen. dh should be home tomorrow night, so that is good. he found a wonderful school for the boys in florida. he also found a nice area to live in but is talking about majorly downsizing our home. my biggest fear? where will i workout???

angie, glad your day is better.

klaudia, i think i will try some total body workouts after this next rotation.

okay, now aidan is up from his, gulp, 22 min nap. guess we are all going out for a walk. who needs muffins. bbl for more personals

Change of plans-did ME upper body premix including the abs. For some reason, there's a high dread factor for workouts that are an hour or longer. I think that's why I'm leery of STS right now-most of the workouts are long. Eats are good-kashi for breakfast, pear and string cheese for snack, leftover sausage and veggies for lunch.

Anne, we have a basic+ Dish Network package-no premium channels. I don't know what I'd do without ESPN! Great work getting up early!

Angie, glad to hear things are better today. I love homemade mac and cheese-the cheesier, the better:)

Colleen, sorry about the crummy work environment. Does Meso 1 really fly by? That's good to hear. I would hate to not get my money's worth out of it.

Katie, you are an awesome mom!! You missing one party is nothing. You're an involved, present parent. Don't get me started on true bad moms!

Morris, I'm making coffee right now. The weather here is dark and rainy and I definitely need a pick me up. How can you not be in shock? Major life changes and serious family problems?! Yeah, that's cause for shock and stress. We're here for you. Where in Florida are you looking? In case we move;)

Going to get my java...

Morris, the good thing about Florida is you could do most of your cardio outside, right? Then you'd only need a small amount of room for lifting weights. How will your DH react if you raise this concern with him? If you don't want to go there, no worries, you have a lot on your plate right now.

I got home early and did the 4DS boot camp cardio and kickbox abs. I feel caught up now, but a little tired from two work outs today. Tomorrow I'm going to do the 43 min cardio premix from Body Max 2, then S&H bis and tris on Friday. That one has a short ab segment, which will be enough, I think.

Klaudia, I totally hear you about dreading hour long work outs. I'm the queen of that!

Colleen, I'm sorry about your work situation. Having too much to do always stresses me out.

Angie, I'm glad today is better.

Hi to Robin, Katie, and Kate. I'm about to make dinner, we're having pork chops marinated in grainy mustard, salad, asparagus and some sort of starch, probably couscous. The food so nice they named it twice!

anne

im so behind!!!! what a non-stop day! more of the same tomorrow! i'll never catch up on personals!!! i did read everything tho!

see you in the morning!

Back for quick personals before I run out to get dinner with Chris. It is 65 degrees here today so I think we should enjoy it and get out of the house since we were couped up inside today.

Klaudia, so far STS has been fast and the time goes quickly. I am not sure if it is because it is new or I am running around changing weights that I don't have time to get bored.
Morris, FL sounds wonderful. I am sure you can find a workout area.
Anne, I get bored with S&H rotations too. Your pork chops sound yummy - can you post the recipe.
Katie, you are not a horrible Mom. I bet Collin didn't even miss you.
Robin, I am with you about the mom of octuplets. If they told me I was having 8 babies at the same time I think I would need lots of Ben&Jerry's, Coldstone, and chocolate to digest that news.
Kate, thanks for the group hug earlier. I really needed something today to get me through.

w/o was STS back & tri's
eats were mostly clean except for a piece of chocolate.

hey I had to get my taxes done today and she couldn't believe the taxes I paid in NYC. I'm glad I've moved south. :D

STS legs were rough!!! I guess I need a good night sleep.

Nite ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.