%%%%clean-chatty-cathe-thursday%%%%

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

Got up this AM to watch a video that goes along with my bible study (I LOVE BETH MOORE!) and I realized I didn't have the video so I had to download it and it just finished so I guess I'll watch it tomorrow.

My college roommate had her first baby last night! YAY! I'm so thrilled for her. I can't wait to meet her. They named her Tess Elizabeth.

Katie, as long as you don't eat 4 cookies everyday - I think you'll be fine. I had 2 cupcakes y'day! I win. :)

Kate, I love how you love Julia. Just makes me smile. When I had my ultrasound for my stones, I was so sad to see an empty uterus on the screen. Where's my baby? It was weird.

Morris, I have a great recipe for spinach/artichoke dip. It's soooooo yummy! It's pretty much the same as the artichoke dip but with spin too! Let me know if you're still looking. I've had the buffalo chix before though and it's awesome!

Anne, I think there are just times when you aren't as motivated. I think for me it's ultra important to just keep going when I get in a slump b/c it needs to be a daily routine or I won't do it. Find something you can do - take a walk if that's all you can muster!

Klaudia, how's your body feeling? I'm so jealous of all of you lifting these uber heavy weights. I don't have a BB and prob won't get one until we move back to the US so heavy weights are hard!!

Robin, so sorry about your Versa Grips! That stinks. I share your hatred for USPS - always regret it! :) Hope you get them sooner than later.

Colleen, where were you y'day? Everything OK??? You're so consistent... it worries me. :confused:

OK, Anna to school early for French lessons, I have french lessons, wo today will be another CTX... prob All Step? Need to find one with abs.

BBL!

HAPPY DAY BEFORE FRIDAY!!!

Happy Friday Eve ladies! It is cold and rainy here, yuck! Makes it easier to be at work, though.

Angie, that's very exciting about your college friend! And what a beautiful name!
Kate, glad Gina's art thing at school was fun. I wish I could see her art!
Morris, I make a dip sometimes that Chris LOVES and it is so simple but not very clean at all. It consists of melted Velveeta cheese mixed with salsa and sausage, served with pita bread. Very yummy!
Colleen, did you get out of meeting Wednesday at a decent hour?
Anne, are you going out of town anywhere this weekend? Forgive me if you've already mentioned that...
Robin, which workout did you pick yesterday?

My head is so full of soccer stuff and I am stressing. For some reason I went to bed last night thinking that I had a week and a half to get my act together. But as soon as I sat up in bed this morning, I though, oh sh!t, his first game is in two days! I have to think about how to teach these kids the game, plan a warm up, drills, stretches, cool down, etc. I have NO CLUE what I am doing.

Anyone here ever played soccer??? HELP!!

I will think about it while on the treadmill -- best thinking happens there (I know I've said that). Any ideas, please share them!

angie, Aw, that's sad about your little uterus!:( I think I would feel the same way tho!
you are so good at catching up on personals - it gets so daunting to me if I "miss"
That name is suer cute! Will you get to see them when you're bac next month?
I loaded pics into iphoto last night - wow, is all I can say. Still have so much to learn - like how to delete the bad ones! Guess I'm going to have to watch some tutorials!:mad::p

Katie, I have NO CLUE about soccer.....I'd be on the same boat as you! how many kids are there?
Enjoy your tm time...

No WO this morning for me. Sleep felt more important. I haven't really taken a rest da in a while - maybe today. Isabel has VIP night at her school with her Aunt until 8. By the time SIL leaves it will likely be too late for a wo, so looks like I'm restin'! BUT.....if I get J down early enough I could sneak in some CC before she gets back.....but Gina will be up still....oh, what;s a girl to do? Prob take a rest day - I'm overthinking this!:eek:

Had quite a bit of cereal and pistachios last night after STS back..."back" on track today....Coulda been worse - glad it wasnt sweets! I was ACHING for a giant coookie they had at Gina's art night but Mike wasnt indulging so I didn't either. You would not believe his will power - I bow to it!:p

Better get rollin' - places to go, people to see, baby to nurse!:D

French lesson done. New teacher = WAY BETTER. She speaks a lot of english to me which right now is really necessary. The other teacher I just stared at. My head always hurt at the end. :confused::eek::(

Katie, I know nothing about soccer. Always stressed me out to run back and forth like that. You'll figure it out - they're 4! How was the TM?

Kate, I was/still am overwhelmed by the Mac. So much to learn. I downloaded a 30 day trial of iWork and I need to watch all the tutorials! Take a rest day woman! It's OK!

Leftover tacos for lunch - I can't waste stuff! Fajitas for dinner... mexican day I guess!

I'll check in post WO (during Ellie's nap)!

a, why the teacher change? glad its better!! its so frustrating when you don't understand!
have a great wo!
i think i will take a rest day.....feeling slightly burned out.
all your mexican sounds so good!!!

argh! big girls are up....they;re goingto betired and craky tonight!!! and they'll be up late tonight too...

and i must say....I LOVVE VERSAGRIPPS!!!! i rowed 75# last night! it was fan-freakin-tastic!!!!
and i did 40# for a 1-legged dedlift - thats what i used to use for both legs!
i am loving meso2!!!!!!!

Can someone explain these Versa Gripps to me. I've read reviews on Amazon, but I'm still not sure I 'get it.'

TM was good -- I did a pyramid interval run/walk. Warmed up at 4.0, then did intervals of running (5.6 / 5.8 / 6.0 / 6.2 / 6.0 / 5.8 / 5.6) for 4 minutes, then walking at 4.0 for 2 minutes.

Better get going, hope to check in at lunch!

Salut a tout le monde!! (Hello to everyone!)

Killed my clean day with TB for dinner. Ate what was suggested in my Shape mag then had more! And the scale was down almost 2# today! I'll take it! Nevena has class today and I have to pick up Danica from school again. I love the bus! I hate having to make sure the baby gets an early nap so I don't have to wake her up to go. I don't get parents who drive if they don't have to-tax dollars at work and no rushing-why ruin a good thing?

Angie, congrats to you friend. I love that name, so pretty. I'm feeling better than I thought I would, suprisingly. I am really enjoying Meso 2 so far.

Katie, nice run! Did you do each interval for 4 minutes? No soccer help here, either. Although my dad was a youth referee when we were kids, he never signed us up. You'll figure it out!

Kate, take a rest day! And how in the world did you get so much stength after having a baby 5 months ago? I've been back at it for 2 years and haven't rowed 75# yet!! That's almost as much as you weigh! You rock!

Hi Anne, Morris, Robin, and Colleen:)

ETA: Today will be a run/walk and abs-if my legs let me:)

Last edited:
Anne/Angie/Colleen/anybody!!! Help! I;m trying to upload a pic! I get so far as to pick it out then it tells me "upload of file failed" WHAT am I doing wrong?!?!?!

Klaudia, I have NO CLUE how I can row that much! I'm shocked myself!:eek::cool:
Sorry about the TB....I mustve been feelin' your vibes with my cereal binge last night! No sweat tho for either one of us - we work hard and we are NOT body builders - tho I sure wish I looked like one some days! sigh......

Katie, Great run! VG's wrap around your wrist. Then theres this rubberish flap you wrap arund the bar. I was skeptical but I cannot believe the difference!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was just crazy and I am still not caught up. I had to come downtown again for a client meeting but this afternoon is open so hopefully I can finally catch up. Last night Chris and I both needed a night out so we went out to dinner and pigged out. I found out that a coworker is in the hospital with pneumonia and a collapsed lung and my friend's mom has breast cancer. Not a happy day at all.

Katie, versa grips are great. Kate described them perfectly. I had to use them last week with legs and they saved my poor forearms. Before I had them I had to stop early because my arms couldn't hold the heavy weight.
Kate, ^5 on the 75#. I am always scared to row too much because I tend to overdo it with my back.
Angie, congrats to your friend. Hope you can meet the baby when you come to the US. Is it 22 days now?
Klaudia, sorry about dinner last night, but ^5 on the weight loss.
Hi Anne, Morris & Robin!

w/o was CTX 10-10-10 & Step & Intervals
b: kashi w/ banana
l: salad!!!
s: strawberries & yogurt, chopped veggies
d: Chicken fajita salad

Kate, tell me the steps you're taking--I click on the paper clip icon, then click on Browse, locate the file and then hit upload. I've never gotten the error you describe. Hmmmmm...

Klaudia, my schedule is fluctuating and I don't think I'll be around 4/3 after all. However, it looks like I'll be at MIL's on 4/4 and NOT have to go to my parents, so I would be free to get together that day. I'm not certain, though, so if you don't want to deal with my crazy schedule, just say so. I understand, believe me.

Katie, I actually don't have to travel this weekend. I get to stay home all weekend! How freakin' awesome is that? Of course, Jim has to help somebody move on Saturday, but we'll have Sunday, which will be nice. And sorely needed. I think it's been 6 weeks since we've had an entire day together when we didn't need to do things for other people. And, you'll figure out soccer! Surf the web for tips. That's where I'd start.

Colleen, I hope you get caught up today. I'm sorry about your recent bad news. No fun.

Angie, yay for a new teacher! I'm glad she's working better for you. And congrats to your friend! What a beautiful name. Of course, my middle name is Elizabeth, so I'm partial to it.

Hi to Robin and Morris!

I have to get caught up at work today after missing yesterday. Should be fun. Ha!

anne

hey ladies

Sorry did not get back with you y-day. I was treated to lunch at a seafood restraurant y-day. No he is not my BF we are just friends.

Angie all of BETH MOORE's bible study are great. She is so nice, enjoy your french lesson today. That's good that your friend has a new baby and Tess is a pretty name.

Katie I ended doing STS 20 legs y-day and now I have a little DOMS but not to bad. Look it up on the internet....and do they sell Soccer for Dummies. I'mnot calling you dumb but these books are great! I'm going to read y-day posts to see how you got yourselve into this. LOL

Versa gribs I think (thanks to USPS) that there are just hooks that go around BB or DB handle. This way you don't have to hold onto the handle so tight and you can lift more weight.

Kate did you get my versa gribs. ;) yAY meso 2! You go girl.

Klaudia I here ya with the bus situation. every little bit helps

Colleen sorry about your sick coworker and friends' mom. I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner.

Anne I'm glad you are getting some time for yourselve

Morris what's new?

--------
Off to do my w/o sTS 21 Back bi and Kathy Smith 10 min abs

BBL with menu

Last edited:
RED ALERT!!! COLLEEN HAD SOMETHING BESIDES OATMEAL AND ALMONDS FOR LUNCH!!! :p

Robin, loved the colors you used in your post. Makes it pretty. How fun that you got to go out to lunch with a friend y'day!

Kate, I've never tried to upload a pic - is it too big? I changed teachers b/c the first one was just all over the map and I couldn't retain a thing!

Anne, I'm glad you're going to have a day to relax this weekend. That's wonderful!

Klaudia, what does Shape recommend at TB? That was one of my deepest weaknesses in the states. I love Mexican! (Have I mentioned this? :eek:)

WO was all step which I think is a misnomer b/c she puts in like 6 min of blasts... whatev. :) Anyway, it was good. I have 3 more CTX left and then next week I'm going to do Body Blast which I LOVE LOVE LOVE and maybe I'll do it for two weeks.

Need to go to the store but it's raining and Ellie's cranky. Maybe after we pick up annabel? Maybe I'll have Ryan go...

hi everyone - bad day here. our buyer backed out for some very minor things with the inspection. i should not worry, but it was so nice to have that one stress gone! i am grumpy from work today - my bosses are being obnoxious, but that is not new. i did get up to wo this am, but i wanted to stay in bad. did 5 miles of intervals and blasts from bm2. now i am home letting the dog out and catching up with you all and i just want to go to bed. must reset the attitude button. yesterday's eats got off track, and i am determined today's won't but i feel like my wilpower is flogging. ah well, that will ONLY make it worse.

angie, glad the new french teacher is good. makes such a difference. bb series will be fun!

katie, great tm time. robin's idea sounds perfect re soccer.

kate, not sure what to tell you about pics - i tried what anne said and it worked.

kl, i think i only just figured that tb was taco bell? i never eat fast food, but i hope you enjoyed it. and hey, if scale is down, it aggrees with you;)

colleen, hope today is better. glad you got out with dh - where did you go?

anne, hope you are catching up - it is so daunting, i know.

robin, how were the back wos?

so, i am glad i preordered, but i wish i could use my 20% on sts abs. does anyone know if a band comes with the travel wo? or, does cathe use the regular green band or do we need to get a new one? i am too lazy to search the forum for the answers:eek:

i'll be back tonight with a clean food day to report and hopefully a better attidtude on.

oh, and katie, tell me your address again so i can look for your house when we drive past:D

I am having the best day!
ShopMax all morning with my 2 littlest, out to lunch (J slept on me here), another store, and home! They are both napping - need to get some things done for work.
bbiab......

Morris, I'm so sorry to hear about the deal on your house falling through. How frustrating. I'd be disappointed too. Maybe it just means something better will come along. I wish we could use the 20% off on the STS abs as well. I still have a few other things to purchase. I want hardcore extreme and terminator. Hope your day is going better.

Kate, you make me smile. I am glad you're having a good day. I feel like you tonight. I baked! Zucchini bread in the oven. I just bought a food processor and it's changing my life! I have a friend coming tomorrow morning. Can't withhold food!

So, Ryan went to the store for me (YAY) but he brought home a cake! This is why I don't let him go shopping. So, I had a **tiny** little slice. Oh, and he bought this a few days ago: http://www.dolce-gusto.us/Public/Default.aspx - it's AWESOME! So, I'm currently having a choccochino. It's not as bad as it sounds. :)

OK, gotta watch Lost from last night. Probably signing off for the night...

Sweet dreams to all!

Sweet dreams, Angie! Bon soir!

Morris, I'm sorry the deal fell through on the house. Hopefully Angie is right and there's a better deal to come. Hang in there as best you can.

Kate, I'm glad you're having a good day! I'm trying, but not really succeeding. Oh, well, I can start again tomorrow, right?

[in sing-song voice:] Robin has a boyfriend! Robin has a boyfriend! Just kidding! How could I resist that when you put it out there like that?

Hi to everyone else! I was supposed to meet a friend for lunch, but she didn't show up. I'm sure something came up. I stood her up a few months ago, right after DFIL passed away, so she owes me one. She's usually very reliable, so I hope everything's okay. I can't decide if I should try to contact her. I don't want her to feel bad, but I want to be sure she's all right. What to do, what to do. bbiab

anne

anne, we couldve met for lunch!!! blast it!
hope tmrw's a better day for you!

angie, dhs and their evil grocery shopping!:p great portion control! but he obviously didnt listen too hard on your previous convo. try to think he loves you the way you are!

colleen, sorry for the bum day yday. i am aching for a night out w/ mike!

morris, im sorry abt the house! that stinks! when we sold our 1st house same thing happened. we relisted and got more tan our asking price!

robin, are you still watching traceys kids?
are u deadlifting 2 days in a row?? not sure whats on for wk 3......

Quick drive by, as I have to run, but I've been in touch with the foster mom about the dog and I think we're going to get to meet her on Sunday. Yay!

Kate, another time, okay? It's an open invitation.

anne

Just peeking in quickly!

I found a free e-book about coaching youth soccer, the basics, YAY. Also, you tube has a TON of videos. DOUBLE YAY! I'm getting closer to ready!

Morris, sorry on the house! And the eats!
Angie, what kind of cake?:p
Kate, your day sounds wonderful!
Anne, I hope you and Jim click well with the dog, how exciting!

I was determined to be 100% squeaky clean today -- then Collin's friend stuck an animal cracker in my mouth. I mean she really gave me no choice, she literally put it IN my mouth. I didn't feel right spitting it out, but I do feel defeated. I'm sick in the head...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.