"We're Melllllltting."...Tuesday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning:

Today I did the 4DS Chest & Back weight work. I am down 2 pounds! Finally moved off of that plateau.

It was very cold and windy yesterday.. snow flurries, but nothing stayed on the ground.

Emily:
The play was Crazy Mary by A.B Guerney. It just came off Broadway in June.

Mich:
You will love 4DS!

Michele:
Don't you hate parties! }( They can destroy all the good work you have done in an hour or two! The play was Crazy Mary by A.B Guerney. It just came off Broadway in June.

Tneah:
Hope you feel better today:(

Lainie:
I think you are setting yourself back because you are not resting. Even light yoga can be taxing if you are sick. Please, please stop and rest!

Have a great day!

Deb;-)

RE:

Greetings :)

Deb - You are up early and all worked out too! hi Five! Didn't you get any snow??? We are slammed just south of Rochester! DD has no school, but DS has to go. ( he is at a private school in Rochester, and everything in Rochester is still open. He is not happy to know his sister is home!)

Yesterday was a good eating day. I did enjoy one oatmeal cookie but I knew dinner was going to be very late so I bought a cookie with my coffee. I just wasn't in the mood for another apple.

It took us an hour and a half to get home last night from DS's practice. So dinner was very late. I managed no starches at dinner. ( salad topped with baked fish and roasted brussel sprouts )

Robin- Whats up with the knee???

Lanie- How are you feeling today?

Hello To Shelly, Michele, tneah, and Emily and all the happy melters!

DE just told me he has a dinner meeting. I had planned a healthy version of eggplant parm for dinner . But I think we will keep more simple. We will see.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

RE:

Morning ladies!

Deb - good for you for getting up and working out. I had a visitor in the middle of the night (Aunt Flo) and decided that this was NOT the morning to be getting up early:p And YAY for being 2 lbs down and breaking that plateau!

Judy - your salad sounds delicious! I hope DD isn't gloating over the fact that she gets to stay home when her brother has to go to school.

Robin - I read that your knee is sprained! That's better than it could be.

Lainie - I'm really awfully worried about you. Even with meds this illness of yours doesn't seem to be getting measurably better. I agree that total rest is the way to go.

Michele - your fall off the wagon at the party didn't sound too terribly bad to me.

Tneah - sorry to hear about your debilitating cramps. That just sucks. I'm blasting myself with Advil in the hopes of staving mine off.

Shannon - how's the calf today?

Hi to everyone else and I hope that today is less busy for me at work so I have time to check in later!

RE:

Hi everyone -

Just when I think I can relax a little on the clean eating, BOOM. More calf problems. So that means no cardio, and you know what that means! I'm feeling rather grim and glum about this whole mess. I figure that if I'm doomed to be a couch potato, I might as well just dive right in, eat dinner at McDonald's and go buy a few boxes of Twinkies.

Deb - congrats on breaking your plateau! That must feel wonderful!

Judy - you are an inspiration to me, and I need to follow your menus to the T! In fact, I'm reading "Eat to Live" for the second time, so maybe I'll pick up some new clean habits.

Shelley - I'm glad you decided to get a bit of extra sleep this morning. Hopefully that'll make this little unwanted visit a bit easier to bear!

RE:

Hello Melters:

I did it -- I got up at 4:30 this morning -- wow does this feel good. Gee, why don't I do this every day??? The alarm went off at 4:30 and DH jumped up, turned the light on, and told me he wasn't letting me sleep in. (Boy, do I need motivation or what?) He got on the elliptical and I did Butt&Gutts - what a way to start the morning.

Okay, I still haven't heard from I-train. Anyone know anything about their customer service?? I tried to Log-in but it wouldn't accept my e-mail address. Strange. So I e-mailed customer service, probably a week ago -- and still haven't heard anything. I would be getting impatient - but I got an e-mail from Cathe that my 4DS has shipped -- so I'm HAPPY!!

Okay - there will be NO talking about Twinkies!! Hang in there!!

Seems like we've all been going through some rough spots - injuries, sickness, that darn scale!! I'm just grateful that we have each other to share all this with! My vote is to STEP AWAY from the Twinkies, but if you finally cave, just let me know I'll eat a twinkie with ya -- hey, what are friends for!! ha ha!!!:)

Chat with you later!
Michelle

RE:

HAHA - I love today's Wizard of Oz reference! ;)

Yesterday's eating was really good, and hopefully I can continue the trend today. I did IMAX3 Step Only and GS Legs Floorwork this morning - great workout! :)

Deb - awesome job on losing 2 pounds!!! That's great!!! :D

Judy - mmmmmm, eggplant parm! :9

Shelley - I hope AF doesn't stick around long!

Shannon - I'm so sorry about your calf problems returning. :( I know how frustrating it can be to not be able to work out. Don't let yourself fall into the trap of eating food for comfort. We're here to help keep you motivated and encouraged!!! Stay strong!

Mich - way to go getting up at 4:30!!! And your DH rocks for making sure you got up on time.

Michele - ugh. Christmas parties are the worst. I have one on Thursday night - fortunately it's at a steakhouse, and since I'm a vegetarian, there won't be much for me to eat besides the salad bar and a baked potato. But I don't know if I'll be able to resist the Skillet Cookie with ice cream on top. :9 :9 :9

Tneah - I hope those cramps are gone today!

Lainie - I'm sorry you're still sick. If this is the last day of your antibiotics and you still feel like crap, I would go back to the doctor.

RE:

Hi everyone. Yep, still feeling kind of crappy. I finished off the antibiotics and prescription decongestant this morning. At least DS Ewan is feeling fine now. Sometimes I think I need Dr. House to diagnose my many little symptoms.

I decided I didn't want to get out too much today, so I did some online shopping today. I wish I could order groceries here like I used to do in London. :(

Deb, congrats on the great loss! I'm so jealous. I figure I should lose weight this week because I keep feeling hungry when I go to bed--just don't feel much like eating at dinner time.

Judy, sounds like you are doing well--an oatmeal cookie is probably better for you than a lot of other cookies, right?

Shelley, I will try to rest, but even if I don't work out I find myself doing other things all over the house (or like yesterday I went ahead and went to physical therapy and then went shopping). But then every time I slow down I find myself lying down for a couple minutes. I'll be folding laundry in my bedroom and I'll shove the stuff over and lie down on my bed. Or I'll be putting something in Isaac's room and I'll lie down on his bed. Or I'll be in the living room and decide I want to lie down on the couch. Maybe I just need to lie down more.

Shannon, stay strong. I really wish I could do some cardio now, too and not have to be so strict about the eating. Luckily I'm not that hungry when I'm sick, at least. I kind of just want to do the cardio for the fun factor, too, of course.

Michelle, ouch, B&G at 4:30 am. You go, girl!

Emily, I totally envy your workout today. Imax 3 is my favorite of the Imaxes, and GS are my favorite weight work.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

RE:

Lainie - So sorry you are still feeling bad. Starting to really worry about you!! Especially since you are done with the meds! Maybe you need to call the doctor again.

Take care,
Mich

RE:

Up and doing the happy dance this am!:7 Cramps are gone, I spent yesterday in bed, seriously, ick. But today is a new day and I couldn't be happier-keep takin' that Advil Shelley. I got my doctor to prescribe 800 ibuprofen which works okay.

Lainie, go to the doctor again, sounds like you could have something more serious, like walking pnemonia (spelling) or something. Please take care of this, we all want to hear how you feel so much better!:)

Shannon, I feel for you, but just try and focus on what your body CAN do right now, "do your best and forget the rest" right? Oh, and ditch that Twinkie idea, they really aren't worth it-they kinda taste like shortening.x(

Deb, great job on the loss, I might get on the scale this AM, since I have not for a week....

Judy, I love cookies, one reason I never buy/bake them, I cannot stop at one, you did though.:)

Michelle, 4:30 am??You are a crazy lady}(

Emily, have fun with Imax, I never got into any of them except the original one because its more athletic based-not so "steppy".

I am doing Cathe's November rotation this month because I love, love , love the 4DS workouts. I seriously feel so worked out after starting the rotation last week, I am looking to get my legs more toned and hard again, since the surgery, they got smaller, but lost the hardness, and at 41, that means, looser skin too! Yuk. So even though I really do not need more mass, I am going to try this rotation and see what happens. Will not obsess over my diet like I did last month, but will try my best to limit the sweet stuff which is my downfall.

Enough blabbering on, everyone have a wonderful day, and a big hello to Robin (sorry to hear about your sprained knee)and TK (how did yoru turkey come out?)

RE:

Hi Everyone!!!!

I'm back from Florida. x( Got back yesterday and it was so windy up here that the plane was all over the place when trying to land. Pretty scary (and nauseating stuff)! So I'm sorry to report that I ate atrociously all weekend. My fiancee and I were down there for a wedding but did plenty of additional partying which means lots of junk and alcoholic beverages! Hopefully my great eating from the earlier part of last week offsets that horrible eating. We shall see when I step on the scale on Friday.

Hope everyone has a great day and glad to be getting back on the wagon!

RE:

And your little dog too!

Sorry to be here so late. For some reason, I thought I had posted quite a while ago, but I don't see it, so I must have imagined it.

Like Shelley said, the doctor thinks my knee is sprained. I'm sidelined for 2 weeks. I may try to come up with some kind of upper body rotation. I'm going to do a Gym Style DVD this evening.

Mmmmmm, Judy, roasted brussel sprouts sounds devine. I think I'm making a chicken chili for dinner tonight. Last night I just had a small salad.

Shelley, sorry to hear Auntie is visiting. It beats waiting for Auntie to show up though, doesn't it?

Shannon, hugs to you and your poor calf. I'll share the twinkies with you. Quick, hide them before the other "melters" take them away.

Mich, want a twinkie? High fives and your early morning workout. It must be nice to have someone help you get out of bed.

Emily, sounds like you are just going to town with your workouts. Good for you! I sure hope I can rejoin the cardio world in two weeks.

Lanie, I can't believe you are still sick!!! I've had "walking pneumonia" twice. It lingered and lingered. I still had symptoms after taking the antibiotics, except my low-grade fever finally went away. I think you need to reconsult your MD if you still have a fever.

Tneah, twinkies? What twinkies? Oh, those twinkies. (Sadly hands over the half eaten box) I'm glad to hear you so chipper today.

Hi B. Welcome back. Forget about the past and start all over. Here's a nice comfy seat on the wagon...

Well, I've wasted enough time and better get back to work. Giddie yup, Nellie!

RE:

Hi. Sorry I am such a crappy check in mate. Traveling too much lately I think.

I have been catching up on everyones posts.

I read recently that the average person gains 6 pounds at the holidays so by melting 10 we are 16 pounds ahead of the average. Not that we Catheites are average by any means I guess.

Deb - contratulations on getting over the plateau. Yeah.

Judy - I have to ask about the brussel sprouts because my husband loves brussel sprouts but for some reason for me I just don't like them. It's the mouth feel. Are you roasting them in the oven? Do they taste different then steaming?

Shannon - sorry about the calf problem return. You must be so frustrated. I wish you strength to keep up your clean eating.

Michelle - 4:30 in the morning - you are awesome. Keep it up and yeah to your DH what a great partner.

Emily - I love imax. Although right in the middle of the workout I am gasping to myself why did I pick this. But at the end I just love it

Lainie - Wishing you health. I agree you should call your doctor.

Tneah - I just finished the 4DS rotation. I have never felt stronger in my life. I really increased my weight lifting. It took awhile to get my diet in check though. I have never lifted so heavy before and I just was hungry all the time. Hope you see the results you are looking for

B- welcome back. You have worked hard so one weekend of letting loose I think is allowed.

I am traveling alone this week so that makes choosing my meals much easier. I started the December rotation this week. Although where I am this week I have a free pass to Gold's gym so I might try and get in a class. That would be fun for a change.

Well my computer is running out of batteries and for some reason my wireless is not working in my hotel room so I am in the lobby. That means time to sign off.

Night everyone.
Cari

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.