"Melting on Wednesday!""

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Just want to get us started...I am sure Shelly is right around the corner..I just came upstairs from doing an I-Tread..feels really good to get back in the swing...

BBL for personals

Deb

RE:

Deb, it's so good to wake up and see you've been up and done your workout. It's good to have you "back."

I think I'm having sympathy PMS. I had a terrible night with nightmares involving terrorists and Oreos. The scale was not nice to me this morning. I hate my newest hairstyle and have to call the hairdresser to complain. I'm a little scared of him too. Does all this sound like someone who is going to paradise in two days? **Sigh**. I'll try to get back later in a better frame of mind. Hope the rest of you don't catch infectious PMS.

RE:

Hi melters!

I hope you don't mind a return visit from yours truly. Every once in a while I pop in to lurk, but truth be told I can barely keep up posting these days.

Anyway Hi to all of you lovely ladies :)

Robin-I was wondering how you have been healing. Are you leaving for you tropical vacation in two days? So are we! Have a great trip and PMS symptoms will probably be a memory in a short time!!!

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

RE:

Morning!

Deb, it's so nice to see you up and about again! I'm glad you felt good after your iTread!

Robin, I'm willing to bet all those PMS symptoms will disappear the instant you set foot on St. John!

Judy, great to see you! Pop in anytime.

I got up and did Amy Bento's ASC II this morning. Love that one. My SO is up with me this morning and throwing me completely off! I'm such a creature of habit.

RE:

Hi, I'm back,

I can't believe I still have DOMS from the 4DS leg work I did on Sunday! I really could feel it when I had the treadmill at 10% incline today..yowza! I feel sorry for all you ladies with PMS and Aunt Flo visits....at least that is one thing I don;t have to worry about any longer! :)

Shelly:
Isn't it great to have the workout done already? I hear you on the SO/DH messing up your schedule/plan...I am such a creature of habit, that I get real cranky if someone or something messes with my schedule!

Judy:
Welcome back!

Robin:
Oh how awful for you to be having nightmares! What happened with your haircut? too short? not the right style? I can relate! If you are scared of your hair stylist, change immediately! You are paying this person and you should feel comfortable telling him/her exactly what you want and expect to get it. The only thing is you can't expect them to "change" the type of hair you have...eg, I have wavy hair and want it poker straight...they can style it that way, but unless I am willing to do the same, I will always have wavy hair...you get what I mean.

Shannon:
Aren't pets wonderful for therapy! :D

Tneah:
What is "pretty cold" in SD? LOL! How about 20 degrees if we are lucky?}( ....and part of my sleeping problem is the snoring man I have, so no thanks I don;t need another one! I hope you don;t have sciatica...nasty to get rid of...I had to have surgery to fix it..I had a bout with piriformis pain too, but the stretching fixed that..

Lainie:
Glad to hear you are able to use a 4" step now...take it easy though, you don;t want to re-injure yourself...yes our governor is a slime ball! I can;t believe his wife stood by him like that...her face told the whole story..:( I would have tossed his butt right out!

Emily:
Thanks for all the tips on helping with piriformis issues...:7

Shannon:
I hope things get better at work...are you looking for another job?

Have a great day!

Deb

RE:

Hi, ladies -

Deb - I'm glad you're back into the swing of things! Yes, I'm looking for another job, but there isn't much out there at all in my field.

Robin - I agree with Shelley - you'll be sooo much happier once you reach St. John! I had a rather unpleasant dream myself - somebody was commenting about all my gray hair. :eek: I guess that might classify as a nighmare... ;)

Judy - HI!!! Glad to see you!

Shelley - why on earth did your SO get up so early if he doesn't have to? Crazy nut. ;)

Last night I came very close to skipping my workout. I was just so darned tired, but I knew it was more emotional than physical. So I made myself climb on the elliptical. Sure enough, Coach Sean worked wonders. There's nothing quite like a good endorphin rush to make a gal feel better, huh?

I have a TON of work to do today. The writer who is leaving has started to transfer her jobs over to me. Whoopee.

RE:

I am sooooo sleepy today. Ugh. I don't know why. Well, it could have something to do with waking several times in the night, having bizarre dreams (though I have those every night), and a terrible backache when I went to bed. I get this weird sort of backache sometimes out of nowhere. It's a sharp stabbing pain that seems to wrap around from the back to the front like a vise. I saw a doc about it a few years ago and they did X-rays and EKGs and what-not and couldn't figure out what it was. I'll go months without it and then suddenly it will hit me again. Oh well, I'm o.k. so far this morning. I know, you guys are probably thinking, "Jeesh, Lainie, not another weird ailment". I'm really not a hypochondriac. If I were I might have called an ambulance last night. :p

I'm about to leave to go to physical therapy. I am not in the mood but I think I really need it after overdoing it with lower body work last Friday.

BBL for personals if I can stay awake.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

RE:

Good Morning All!:)

I am up after a weird night of dreams myself--whats going on in the heaven's and the dream world lately? I had this really young boyfriend and we were going on a trip somewhere, and I was scared to use the bathroom in front of him--weird.

Deb, don't you love the itreads? I resisted for so long, and now they are my mainstay, especially here in San Diego where I can't pop in Cathe!Glad your workout felt good. Ouch about that surgery. I stretched alot yesterday and its not bugging me so far today. Now I just wake up with a totally stiff lower back. Good grief.:)

Robin, whats up with the hair? Is the cut wrong, or did he style it strange? I usually do not like the way they style my hair after I get it colored and cut...remember hair grows, and in two weeks you will not even remember how much you hated it at first. I am always battling some issue with my own baby fine hair.

Lainie, wake up girl. You can be tired, you have two young kids. Thats enough to wear anyone out! I am with you on that back pain today...

Shelley, why did SO get up with you? Hopefully to make you breakfast or something equally romantic.;)

Shannon, sounds like your workload is pretty heavy, keep your chin up and keep Coach Sean right there with you, exercise helps so much with the stress thing. I look at it as "time for me and me alone" lately with all the craziness and people running in and out.

DH is leaving to DC tomorrow morning...FTC stuff with our lawyers, in the supplement/beauty biz there is always legal baloney to deal with. The government is "looking out for you" and has to make sure no one is selling "snake oil" to the public, so we on occasion have to go with our doctors and scientists and prove that our stuff is everything we claim it is. Yippee. Been there done that a zillion times over the years. Although DC is one of my favorite cities, I love visiting the art museums, the memorials, etc...it really touches me as an American being in the city that so many presidents and great people have been...I get kinda teary-eyed.:)

Okay, time to don the bikini and get those pics taken this AM for Mr. Trainer man...

RE:

Happy Hump Day, everyone!

I missed you all yesterday, and it sounds like you all had busy days! *Warning: I'm about to vent!* The last two days have been days from he**. On Monday, I ended up having to do work until 7:30 that night, and then yesterday I had to get up at 3:45 in the morning to finish some grading. Today I really need to get another set of essays done, but I also have to get prep work done for three of my classes since we're reading new texts. I'm in a major funk right now, just feeling really run down and overworked. The good news is that I'll be on spring break for a week starting on the 21st -- if I can make it that long!;-)

Deb -- So glad to hear that you're back in the swing of things! Thanks, too, for the kind words about the bracelet. It was a lot of fun to make. Yes, that 4DS Legs workout will really get ya'! Just don't overdo it if you've still got DOMS!

Shelley -- Thanks, too, for the comments about the bracelet. I'll try to post a photo of the one I actually made sometime soon. How come the SO was up so early? I still don't have ASCII, but I know that you and Lainie love it, so I might have to try it. I have her first ASC, but had a hard time getting the choreography down.

Robin -- I'm so sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your hair! If you're a bit scared of your stylist, do you think that it might be time to find someone new? How exciting that you're so close to your trip! Is your DH on his spring break next week? We're going to miss you! Glad you had fun watching Greyor the other evening, even if it was unexpected.

Judy -- Nice to see you again! We've missed you!

Shannon -- Is it good for you that the head writer left? What kind of writing do you do at work? How great that your workout yesterday left you feeling energized!

Lainie -- Like Shelley said, I can see the Scarlett comparison, too, you lucky thing, you!;-) Sorry to hear that you had such bad sleep last night. I hope that your PT appointment goes well!

Tneah -- How long will DH be in DC for? I hope he won't be gone too long since I know you don't like him away. Keep us posted on what Mr. Trainer Man says. Are you still in SD? Wasn't yesterday a beautiful day? The marquee at my work yesterday said that it was 87 out! I don't think that it was quite that warm, but it sure felt nice.

Hi to TK and Emily in case you check in!

RE:

Leanne, sorry you are feeling so overworked, underpaid and well, I understand the rest!x( Spring break is right around the corner, you can do it, you can do it!:7 :7 How's that for a little "cheerleading?"Geez, sounds like alot of busy work/paperwork.We are here til this weekend I think.

I am taking a break from the working out today, I was taking George out to potty and it struck me that I really need a little "recentering" or whatever that means. Re-focus, there thats better. My heart isn't in it today, and that is okay. Time to rest. I have the rest of the week to workout right?:7 I sent pics this AM to trainer man, they turned out horrid because of the lighting here on the boat.I have lost 8 pounds of fat so far...weighed myself, same weight as when I left Vegas, no loss, but no gain either.

Now I'm off to "gather" stuff, garbage bags, water, etc....and need to clean the boat too.

RE:

Lanie - did you ever wake up? You poor thing! I hope PT goes okay!

Tneah - congrats on the fat loss! That's incredible, and you should be proud! :7 I hope your DH has a successful and safe trip to DC.

Leanne - Whew, you've had it rough lately. Thank goodness for spring break. I hope you get to truly take a break and not spend the entire week grading or something else awful. Actually, it's very sad that the head writer is leaving. She's a wonderful person and very talented, and I'm going to miss her. It won't make a difference in my position or salary, since we're doing away with the "senior" position and will just hire another writer. I do a lot of writing for Medicare and Medicaid patients, and their doctors. So lots of stuff about benefits, illnesses, etc.

I'm actually making progress on today's mountain of work! YAY! And I'm getting ready to take the head writer out to lunch. I have no idea where we're going... I'll try to stay healthy!

RE:

Hey again!

Deb - those are some long-lasting DOMS you've got going on! I hate inclines on the TM. Okay, not hate. It's a love/hate thing:p I love getting my w/o done in the morning!

Shannon - Chris got up because he was awake. That was what he told me when I said "why the heck are you getting up?":p I'm glad your workout made you feel better last night.

Lainie - WAKE UP!!! There... did that help?:p Sorry to hear that your back is sore. I had that wraparound pain a number of years ago but it was because I pulled all the ligaments that attach your ribs to your spine at the back. It was excruciating, lemme tell ya.

Tneah - HA! Yeah, the getting up early thing was not for any romantic reason, trust me. I have about the most unromantic SO on earth. Enjoy your rest day!

Leanne - your workload sounds horrendous! I hope you actually get a break during March break! The ASC II choreo isn't too bad, but I had to preview a number of times before I got it down.

It's beautiful and sunny here and around 0 degrees Celsius (so around 32 F). I think I can feel spring somewhere up ahead!

RE:

Tneah -- Thanks for the cheerleading! I appreciate it so much! And I'm so glad that you're taking the day off to re-center and re-group! You've been pushing yourself so hard these past few months, so an extra day off here and there will help keep you going! That is just fantastic that you've lost so much fat! Way to go, girl!!

Shannon -- Yes, I'm going to do absolutely NO WORK over my spring break. It'll be so nice! Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that the head writer is leaving when she sounds like such a fabulous person! Your job sounds really interesting; I bet you learn a lot about health that way! Are you still thinking of looking for something else, though, since your company is going through so many changes?

Shelley -- Thanks, too, for the encouragement! I'll have to check out ASCII soon, but I'm trying not to spend any more money on new workouts. Did you pre-order her new kickboxing workouts? I ended up getting both. She put some clips of one of them on-line, and it looks like it'll be fun! Shall I send you a bit of our warmth? It was in the mid-80's F at my work yesterday. Seriously, if you need to take a mid-winter vacation, my door is always open!:)

OK, I'm off to take a break and tackle Muscle Max before I get back to more work this afternoon. It's my last week of doing this endurance rotation, and I can't wait until Friday, when I'll be back to a few weeks of GS!

RE:

I'm back for a bit. What's with all the wierd dreams?

Judy, it's nice to see you. Pop in anytime. My knee is doing well. It's stiff right now and my calf hurts. I'm not sure if it is related to the surgery or if I overdid when I stared working out harder. It will get lots of rest next week. Are you going to Jamaica? I wondered if you were going on a tropical get away this year.

Shelley, I already feel better, knowing there is less than an hour left of this work day. I'm glad you are finally feeling impending spring up your way.

Deb, the thing about my hairdresser is I've been going to him for over 15 years and he really does a nice job. All I have to do is say I'm tired of whatever style I have and he comes up with something new and cute. This is really the first time I actually disliked the style. I loved it when he styled it after the cut, but for the life of me, I can't get it to look that way again. He's just opened up a styling school and is super busy, so it's hard to get in to see him. He's actually doing me a favor by keeping me on as a customer. One of the other girls at the salon will play with my cut tomorrow. She cuts my DD's hair and it always looks nice. Maybe, if I like what she does with mine, I'll switch to her. Finding a new hairdresser is soooo traumatic!

Shannon, your work sounds overwhelming. I hope you can find something else. How was lunch.

Lainie! I hope the pain goes away. It sounds awful. Especially since no one can figure out what it is.

Leanne, hugs to you. I'm so sorry you are working so hard. Aren't you taking a sabatical next fall? You sure need it. I struggle just to give and grade 4 tests. I can't imagine grading all that writing.

tneah, I love visiting DC too. It would be a great place to have a Cathe GTG someday, don't you think? Your comment about not having your heart in it really struck home today. I haven't been enjoying my workouts since my injury. I think I'm just tired of upper body and biking. I've decided to bag the workouts till we get home from vacation. I'd sure love to achieve that feeling of pride I used to get after finishing a workout, instead of the dread and clock watching I've been doing lately.

OK, back to work with me. I have a bunch to clean up before I leave for vacation.

RE:

I'm still a bit sleepy, but making it so far. I went to physical therapy this morning and decided that was my workout for the day. I'm scheduled to do lower body today, anyway. They put me up to 3 sets of 15 on my exercises--leg press, seated hamstring curls, abductions and standing, pulling my leg back (don't know what that's called). Then they did something called "Russian stim" which was downright painful. They put the little electrical stimulation pads on my quad muscles and cranked the sucker up. I had to tighten my quads as they were zapped all to heck--each leg was alternately zapped. Yowza. That's part of why I decided I was done with my lower body work after that.

Deb, good job getting back to it today. Yeah, they're now saying Spitzer's been using hookers for 10 years--I'd definitely dump my DH if he did that.

Robin, yikes, terrorists and Oreos? I had a bad dream about terrorists a couple nights ago, but no Oreos (though Oreos seem like a nice addition, actually).

Judy, nice to see you drop by!

Shelley, ooh, I love ASCII. That's one problem with BFL--I'm supposed to be doing HIIT all the time and I don't have much chance to do steady state step.

Shannon, good luck with the buttload of work, chica.

Tneah, I lived just outside of DC for a few months after college, and you're right, it could be very American. DC actually impressed me more than I expected. It's a shame it's swarming with politicians and bureaucrats. :p

Leanne, sorry about how overworked you are. Just keep looking forward to the coming break.

Argh. Still sleepy--barely making it through this.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

RE:

Robin, Yep, thats what I have been doing lately too, clock watching!x( Means its time to take a break and chill out for a minute. I had so much to do today anyway, the off day is good. Good for you! When you get back, you will feel differently I promise. Sometimes we need mental breaks as well as physical ones.

On a different note, I took my Mac to a "Mac Genius" today. Thought I wasn't connecting to the DNS server thingy. He "fixed" my problem, got back to the boat, and yep, didn't connect, it took me forever to get this connection. Whaaa. I am tempted to go back to PC because of all the San Diego trouble.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.