The "Melting Pot" on ^^Friday^^

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning fellow Melters!

I just wanted to start the thread today... will be back a little later ..

Deb ;-)

RE: The

Goodmorning Deb and melters. I did my weigh in this morning. If I stand on the scale just the right way and the shadows fall in the right direction, along with the moon, the stars and the sun all lining up correctly, I think I lost a pound. Later today I'll be doing some kind of upper body workout. I think my back and shoulders are due. I'm headed for my MRI soon. Wish me luck.

Morning Deb, Robin and all who follow~

Deb - did those pups let you sleep in a little or were they whisper yelling this morning?

Robin - LOL at your alignment of planets/shadows for the 1 lb loss! Congrats:) Good luck with the MRI.

I'm hating my rest week. I think I might take today off and then start back up with some light workouts tomorrow. I'll check back in with y'all later!

Hey Ladies-

Robin- I 'll keep all my extremities crossed for good news from your MRI

Shelly- Having a rest week and a normal routine must feel weird. Can you do some extra walking and perhaps yoga if you like it?

HI Deb!

Well, DBrother and SIL from New Jersey are coming here for the weekend. I need to double my dinner recipe. I'll have to get to the store right after my run. Today will be a 5 mile TM run (too icy on the roads still today) Then Clean Max of second floor and Cook max.

Menu:
B- PB on Ezekiel bread toasted , fruit
S- maybe fruit or nothing (didn't fit one in yesterday )
L- quick veggie chili- dump soup! ( dump veggies, beans and spices in pan simmer and hope)
s- coffee & Lara Bar
D- Stuffed shells (Cooking Light Oct 2007) & Salad may add another veggie
S- one piece dark chocolate ( I may as well writ this down now!) I am keeping it to one I promise!

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Hi,
I'm back. The Hellions actually let me sleep a little later. I woke up at 3:50 and once they heard that I was awake, ( must be the difference in breathing or something), they were up and ready to go! I did an I-Tread and one of the Abs of Steel workouts. I think she even has leg warmers on for these! :D .

Robin:
Cudos on the weight loss! Moon, stars, we will take it! Good luck with the MRI.

Shelley:
I am the one doing the "whisper yelling" for them to KNOCK IT OFF!}(
Yes.. mine do that "get up already!" stare too..If you feel like doing a light workout go for it!

Judy:
The apple sounds almost like homemade applesauce.. yum:9 I am going to Wegman's to get that brocoli slaw and try that recipe!

Shannon:
We are shivering here too! I wonder how many calories you burn by shivering? I agree with Leanne.. maybe a protein/good carb snack in the car on your way home. A stringster ( cheese!) and an apple are what I have around 3:00 pm. It helps a lot.

Michele:
Your DH sounds like mine! Now he has a cold and it's even worse. The day before New Years Eve I slept on the couch because it was like a flock of Canadian geese invaded our bedroom. I know if he lost some weight it would help. He also has sleep apnea but won;t get it checked out. It is really my fault that the dogs don;t sleep past 4:00 am. They sleep all day, then I go to bed at 9:00 so 7 hours is enough for them.

Emily:
You weigh yourself after a workout? don;t you drink a lot of water while you're working out? I do, and I don;t want anything "extra" to show up on that scale!

Leanne:
I hope you are getting a rest in and that it helps you feel better. I probably will get Cathe's nutrition software. I am a sucker for these kinds of things LOL.

Tneah:
Glad you are feeling better! I may go over to look at that website.

Have a great day and "Keep on Meltin'"

Deb ;-)

Morning, Melters, and happy Friday!

I ditched the melting idea yesterday. I don't know if any of you experience this, but right before TTOM, sometimes I experience The Hunger. I'm absolutely ravenous all day long. At times like those, there's just no point in watching calories. I did manage to eat healthy though! Junk food usually works wonders for The Hunger, but I refused to go that far. Hopefully it'll settle down today.

Robin - good luck with that MRI. Let us know the results as soon as you can!

Shelley - I think it'd be okay if you started back into working out this weekend. There's no sense in being miserable, now is there?

Judy - your "dump soup" sounds like the way I cook all the time! I hope you have a good weekend with your guests.

Deb - you know, I used to think leg warmers were so cool. LOL! But I was always too self-conscious to wear any. Oh, and I do have an afternoon snack, but I usually can't wait until 3... it's usually yogurt.

Happy Friday, Melter's!

Hopefully I can get this posted before my computer shuts down...again x(. I need a new computer and I've been putting it off, but I don't think I can do that for much longer. Now if only I would come into some big financial windfall :p

Oh crap, I forgot to weigh myself this morning! I'll do it tomorrow. Of course, I'm lifting weights today so, according to Deb's rules of weights and measures, I should probably wait until my next cardio day -- lol!!

I did a new cardio workout last night -- Life Force with Anni Mairs. I found it on the Fitness Organica website and I was kind of intrigued by it. It was pretty good! It's about an hour long including a cool down and stretch, and it's made up of 50 one-minute intervals. You use 1 to 3 # hand weights throughout the workout which includes things like lunges, knee repeaters, etc., with lots of upper body movements. Here's a clip: http://www.fitnessorganica.com/products/LifeForce.html

Deb - Well thank God your hellions let you sleep an extra 10 minutes this morning -- lol! I love your "Canada geese" description -- that's exactly how my DH sounds. I've been after him to have a sleep study for years. He says he will but he never seems to get around to it. He's really busy and he doesn't take time out for things like this. x(

Robin - fingers and toes are crossed and prayers have been said. Good luck!

Shelley - How about an active recovery week where you do something different than what you normally do -- something lighter -- like a walk and yoga. Oh, it looks like Judy already suggested that. Ha! Great minds think alike :p

Judy - Your chili dump recipe is inspired. That's pretty much how I make it. I'm taking dinner to my IL's tonight -- the Fly Lady split pea soup recipe you posted :)

Cuz - I was ROTFLMAO at your description of "The Hunger" :p . Yes, it IS funny -- or at least the way you said it was funny :7. Kudos to you for avoiding junk food!

A big hello to everyone else. I may not make it back here today today because I have quite a bit to do and I'm not sure if my computer will hold up. I'm impressed that it hasn't shut down yet this morning. We couldn't get it to run for more than 3 or 4 minutes last night -- it just kept shutting down ;( . Take care and I hope you all melted a little today.

ETA corrections for the many, many typos :eek:

Yeah it's Friday!:7

Whatta weird week huh? I am so glad the holidays are over, but its has thrown me off a bit.

Robin, good luck at the MRI place, ask them if you can pick up a copy odf your results when they come back, you will have them before your doctor that way. That is what I did when I had my hip problem.My doctor at the time thought I had a cancerous tumor on my hip, he could not believe someone my age had arthritis like that (turns out it was a bone spur from the arthritis!) so you can imagine how anxious I was about the results, I went and picked them up instead of waiting for my doctor to call! I am just glad you can finally get it taken care of so you can start healing!
:7

Shelley, I think your rest week would have been easier to do during the holidays when you were running around like a banana head. Now that everything has slowed down a bit, its hard to "sit still" and not do anything huh? Drives me insane too, well, I can lay down with a good book or watch bad reality shows....

Judy, you are the soup queen! I may pull out the crockpot today and start "dumping!":D

Deb, Your dogs are so funny, Georgie actually wakes up once a night to "piddle", or rather "keep watch and raise a ruckus" forcing me out of bed again to "shush" him. This usually happens during those deep REM's.....x( Oh, and then he has the nerve to "sleep in!" I wake up and George is worn out from the night's antics and sleeps til 9!x( Love my doggy.

Shannon, "The Hunger". :) That is so right! I am the same way, its weird, I want lots of food period. Nothing special, just lots of food.x(

Michele, seriously, spring for that new computer, it will change your life!:7 We all spend so much time on our computers, its important to have a good one. You wouldn't continue walking in cheap shoes that killed your feet right? Well, that might be a silly analogy but you know what I mean.

Leanne, TK, Lainie,and the rest, hey there gals, whats up?:7

Today is Imax 3 which I ordered (was that stupid?)I do have Hardcore Extreme, it has some premix with LowMax and Imax 3 on it, guess that will have to work. Oh and Lainie, thanks for the suggestion, I ordered LowMax and Imax 3. I will probably regret the Imax 3, I think I remember it being really high impact, and I am NOT going to jump over the step and "tuck jump!" As one poster said, "that is just asking for a trip to the ER":)

I weighed in yesterday, did not gain, did not lose. Sheesh, its that "I am happy right here, thank you very much" thing my body does. Well, we shall see about that!:7 Grrrr....I counted my calories again yesterday, around 1,995 or something. I think I can only take a week of that counting thing. Boy, feels like a job, but it is good to be aware of what goes in the mouth, and I have the Dietminder now which makes it easy...ok, off to walk my mutt, exercise, and all that!:7

Hey there, all!

Well, according to the morning weigh-in, I lost 1.2 pounds this week and some body fat, so that's a good sign! This morning is Clean Max, and then I'm starting a three-week rotation of 4DS. I think that when I finish that, I'm going to start playing with some HIIT workouts. I asked people in the Open Discussion section for some workout ideas, and got some great responses. I'm excited to try it soon!

My DH went in this morning to take the first part of his test for his black sash in Kung Fu. He's been a nervous wreck b/c his back still isn't feeling well from pulling it out. If all goes well this morning, which it should, he'll take the second part on Sunday.

Deb -- Are you feeling alright after such little sleep? When we get the nutrition software (I'm such a sucker, too!) we'll have to check in with each other to see how we like it.

Tneah -- I think you'll really like Imax 3! It took me about 6 or 7 workouts, though, before I finally got all the step choreography, and then probably a few more workouts before I could get all the way through without having to pause longer than Cathe after each interval. It's truly hellacious -- but in that hurts-so-good way! Just be careful with your hip!

Shannon -- Ah, I know just what you mean about The Hunger! It tends to haunt me at all times of the month, though!;-)

Judy -- You always have such great recipes! I wish I had your creativity in the kitchen!

Robin -- Sending good thoughts your way for the MRI! Let us know what happens, OK?

Shelley -- Maybe you should cut your rest week short if it's making you nuts. I usually find that I can only take a few days off -- otherwise I go nuts and become a stress-ball!

Lainie -- How has your visit been? Are you feeling better? Are you getting psyched up for starting the 4DS on Monday?

Michele -- Hope you got a better night's sleep last night! That new Life Force workout sounds interesting. I'll definitely check it out! Hope your computer stays "alive," too!

Emily -- Hope you saved the world yesterday! We sure need it!;-)

Happy Friday, Melters!

Today was my weigh-in, and my weight has held steady. That's good, considering I'm PMSy and bloated. :) Maybe next week will show a loss. *crosses fingers*

I was uber-tired this morning, but still found the resolve to get out of bed and do IMAX2. I think I was still asleep while doing the first 5 combos, but I was definitely awake by the time blast 9 came around :eek: Then I was wondering where I could get myself a piña colada... :9

Robin, good job on possibly losing a pound. ;) I have a digital scale, so I can't use shadows and the gravitational pull of the moon to my advantage like that. That's a good argument for getting a needle-style scale!!!

Shelley, I know you hate to rest, but it is good for you. You're almost done anyway! :)

Judy, have fun with DB and SIL this weekend!

Deb, 3:50 still aint "late" in my book, but glad you got to sleep a little more today! You asked about weighing after a workout - I rarely drink water while I'm working out, unless I'm doing something really long (or running, but I haven't done that in months). I just don't like to. I drink after my workout (and after I weigh, of course), but not during. So yeah, if I guzzled water while working out, I probably wouldn't weigh myself right after either.

Shannon, I am always ravenous right before AF shows up. And it's always for unhealthy things. There's no point in trying to resist it completely (or I'll end up in binge-land), so I allow myself small treats just to calm the beast, so to speak.

Michele, get thee a new computer!!! We cannot have you missing out on valuable forum time! ;) That cardio workout sounds interesting.

Tneah, no, ordering IMAX3 was not stupid. Crazy? Perhaps. ;) It's a toughie, that's for sure! I have to modify some of the blasts, because I just can't jump as far/high as they can, and I would surely break my neck trying to jump over the step. The step combos are totally fun, though. The step-only premix is a good one when you want a short cardio followed by some kind of weights (I like to do IMAX3 step only, followed by either L&G floorwork or GS Legs floorwork). :)

By the way, I'm so jealous of those of you who get to eat 1800+ calories a day! *pout* I'm short and have a crappy metabolism, so I have to limit myself to about 1350 a day. Not much room for treats, ya know?

Leanne, way to go on the weight loss!!! Tell your DH good luck on his Kung Fu test from the Melters! I'm sure he'll do great. :)

Hi everyone--just flying by, again, though I hope to bbl for personals. My mom left this morning and I've been busy cleaning up, dealing with Ewan, dermatologist appointment, etc. I plan to do some Tracey Staehle stepping in a bit.

Overall feeling better but still very tired--not helped by DS waking up in the wee hours and Brian waking me before driving Mom & Wes to the airport super-early this morning--at least I didn't have to do that.

BBL.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Cuz - Did you say you enjoyed a cardio workout??? OMG!!! :eek: :eek: :p Now, please go computer shopping ASAP. We can't have you MIA, okay?? I'd miss you terribly.

Tneah - yes, Imax 3 is very high impact. But last year, or whenever it was that I had a stress fracture in my shin and had to avoid high impact, I converted all my routines into low or medium impact. I found that Imax 3 ended up making a great steady state workout that way!

LeAnne - congrats on on your weight and fat loss! Woohooo! Goodness - is there any way your DH can delay that test? A healing back and Kung Fu just don't sound all that compatible. I hope he's okay.

Sigh, I just talked to the doctor's office. They can't (or won't?) give me any information about my MRI until my visit next Friday. I hated waiting....

Robin, can't you go get the results at the MRI place yourself? That is what I did..and congrads on your pound!!

Leanne, congrads on your loss too, so sorry I missed that earlier. Way to go gals!

I just did Hardcore Extreme the high/low intervals workout and about died, it was so hard, really, really hard, then I twisted my ankle during the stupid KickMax drills, its fine, I walked it off, but I think I was tired and getting "sloppy". x( Freaked me out. Thanks for the tips on the Imax 3, I got a taste of this workout today, good grief:eek: I will be modifying alot I think. I just cannot (doctors orders for the hip) do too much jumping around-actually I never really have been the gymnast type, its harder for tall gals, thats my excuse!:7

I used to bellydance (no, not in restaurants) in SLC and am thinking about taking it up again, its good for your abs and alot of fun...anyway, time to shower...

Goodness, y'all have been chatty today! I've been busy here at work, so not much forum time.

Tneah - I adore Imax 3. I know, I'm weird. I do it on an 8" step because I'm tall and it's harder that way. I like when it's harder.

Leanne - good luck to your DH on his black sash test! I hope he doesn't hurt his back again!

Michele - for crying out loud woman, stop procrastinating and get a new computer! Yours has been acting up since late summer! Do I need to come there and take you computer shopping?

Robin - oh, I hate waiting. I don't know that I'd be able to wait a whole darn week for the MRI results.

Emily - yay for Imax 2! Enjoy your scrapping tonight!

Lainie - I'm glad your life is returning to some semblance of normal. Did you have a nice visit with your mom?

Shannon - I get the Hunger too. I think most women do during PMS.

Hi to everyone else! My SO wants to get pizza tonight, but we'll get a veggie one with a whole wheat crust, so it won't be TOO awful. I'm thinking maybe spinach, mushroom, feta.

Hey all! I'm still here. Just have been super busy with work so I haven't been able to read, let alone post for several days.

With all the long hours, I've not neglected my diet and exercise. I'll try to remember to weigh tomorrow. This will be first weigh in since Christmas (oh no!). I had some big eating days on Christmas and New Year's so I have no idea what to expect.

Tomorrow I'll catch up reading everyone's goings on and post personals. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.