A "MELTING" Wednesday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

No workout for me today:-( ..I woke up and was so tired I just turned the alarm off and layed there for a while before getting up...Just getting us started, so in case Shelly comes by, we don;t double post.. bb in a second.

Deb

RE: A

Morning all.

Deb, I'm taking a rest day today too. I have a haircut/color appt after work and won't be getting home until late.

tneah, glad you like the new doo.

Shelley, yeah, the visit was over by this time. Last weekend was the arts festival thingie in Lewisburg. But I have these major chores I try to do every spring and fall (windows, carpets, wood floors) and last year I was scurrying to get them done before you and Sophie arrived. I'm not expecting any company until Memorial Day, so I have more time this year.

Speaking of Memorial Day, my SIL and her family will be coming up. I have to work the entire weekend, and Memorial Day. I already warned my DH that I am NOT working 8 hours, then coming home and cooking. I love my SIL, but the whole family comes, parks their butts in front of the TV and sits there until dinner is ready. Then they head back to the TV!

Gotta go do some stuff before heading to work. I'll be back later to see what everyone else is up to.

Morning Deb!

Oh man, I've had way too many of those mornings lately. But today I managed to get up and do 4DS Bootcamp/Bis and Tris. I just LOVE that workout. And I even managed to do the heavy set of the first bicep curls with 20s and the hanging concentration curls with 20s!!!

I have to do Coremax 2 when I come home tonight, but then it's time for the comfies!

If anyone would like to share in the joy of the comfy pants, just let me know if you can't find them at your Costco and I'll send you a package.

Hi Robin - we were posting at the same time! Maybe I need to make a fall visit this time. I bet your area is gorgeous when the trees are in colour!

Okay, I have to ask what the heck the point is of visiting someone if all you're gonna do is watch TV?

Hi, I'm back,

Very excited about making plans to get the puppy. The
breeder has a yahoo group that is made up of all past people
who have her puppies. My are they a chatty bunch! We joined
in and are getting e-mails every hour!

I was looking at my calendar at work yesterday, and saw that
I am in Washington next week, Monday through Wednesday.. I
can;t believe I forgot all about that trip. I am tired of
traveling..I think this is the last trip until September..

Shelly:
I forgot to mention yesterday that I was up in your neck of the woods..had to visit a client in Oakville. I would not put a 10 week old in the cargo of a plane ( the breeder does not ship any of her dogs).. I would drive before doing that. It is an 11-12 hour drive and DH and I decided we did not want to spend the whole time in the car. We have to stay overnight one night when we get there. Plain salmon on lettuce? you poor thing! Sounds like you need a glass of wine and a blanket, good book or movie and some down time..maybe this weekend... glad ou felt better after your run yesterday..

Jennifer:
You poor thing..going to work on crutches? You are pretty dedicated! Most of my workers would be staying home that's for sure.

Leanne:
Hope your day was good..it sure started early!

Robin:
LOL at the ladies that "lift their legs"! Lots of extra testosterone where you work? No Costco around here..closest would be Canada. Wow..your aunt and uncle fell into a nice deal! I didn't know you had asthma.. how do you do the cardio that you do?

Shannon:
Did you get an x-ray? Sounds like you have been really busy at work.

Lainie:
You are so lucky to live in a place that you can walk to do your errands and things..It sounds like a cute village/town! Sounds like someone messed up in Cathe's "pic-n-pak operation. ( I run one of these too and know how easy it can happen!).

Tneah:
LOL at the picture of George lifting his leg and teetering over! He is a Bernese correct? Kelsey has been "fixed" since she was very young, but because she had to always show Clancy she was "alpha", she started lifting her leg after we got him. Post a pic of the new haircut..if not your own, then the Heidi chick's.

Have a great day!

Deb

Hi Shelly and Robin...

We were posting at the same time..

Do the Costco pants have pockets of any kind? do they look like sweat pants or yoga pants?

We don't have Costco here but I know they are across the border..not too far from here. Actually I had some spare time yesterday to kill before the meeting and ended up sitting in Tim Horton;s for an hour.. I could have gone to Costco!

Deb

No pockets, yoga pants.

Actually, I had asthma when I was a child, probably due to two parents who smoked, but thought it had gone away. I'd only have some wheezing if I caught a cold in the fall. I don't exactly remember why my doc decided to test me for asthma - maybe after my third bout with pneumoniae? - and I tested positive. He has me taking 2 meds for control, but I'd love to ween myself off of them. The asthma never seemed to impair my cardio workouts.

Shelley, fall would work. I just checked my calender, after Cathy said she may hook up with folks for lunch Friday before the RT. I'm off that Friday! Maybe I could get to NJ Thursday, do the Friday morning workout with the early birds and get to meet people for lunch too!

Hello Melters.

Some good news: my foot has gotten better. Right after work, I took off my ace wrap and iced, took a shower and felt great. the bruise is still there, just a little. Thinking shoes for Friday.

I might go two weeks without working out, but I have shopping to do. One week from Friday is our annual meeting at work, I think the new CEO is going to be announced. Although, I have to try BF once before I give it back.

Shelley-send us a link of these comfy pants you are talking about. I don't belong to Costco.

Have a Great Day! The snow never happened just a hard freeze that's messing up the plants and grass.

Just popping in to say "hi". I haven't had my breakfast yet so I need to eat soon and then take Ewan to school. Then I have a dental appointment--have to get a cavity filled. x( After that I hope to have enough time to run to the store before I pick Ewan up again. So I won't be back until at least lunchtime, probably. Need to do cardio some time today.

Hope to bbl and chat more. Love ya all.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Good morning, everyone!

It sounds like there's a lot going on here. Hopefully I can check yesterday's thread and see what's up. Yesterday I got wrapped up in a graphics project, which I still need to work on today. That sort of thing just steals all my concentration, and then the day is gone!

Yesterday was a rest day because I got my hair cut. Today is CC 7, I believe.

Robin - yeah, what Shelley said. What's the point? Though I'll admit, our family does the same thing. I'm all for unplugging the TV, or chasing everyone outside for a nice walk.

Shelley - Way to go on the 20lb curls!!! Didn't it feel great?

Deb - when will you ever get to stay home??? Poor you. All that travel is exhausting! No, I didn't get an x-ray. What's the point? The thumb still works, and if there's a little fracture, there's probably not much the doc would do. The swelling is going down, so I'll just baby it for a few more days.

Jennifer - What a relief that your foot is getting better! If you wear shoes Friday, wear very comfy ones.

Hi again!

Robin - OMG I'm so excited that you might come down to NJ for the Friday morning class! And let me know what weekends are good in the fall.

Jennifer - thank goodness that foot is getting better! There is no link to the pants, unfortunately. I haven't been able to find them on line. As Robin said, they're a very comfy cotton yoga-style pant with a drawstring waist. There's two pairs in a pack for around $17.

Deb - which Tim's were you at? I wonder if it was the one right next to my office! I could have come over and said hi!

Lainie - good luck at the dentist.

Shannon - the 20 lb curls felt GREAT!!!

Morning All:)

Deb, your breeder is a very good one, not wanting to ship her puppies. I had to convince our breeder to send us Georgie, but he was 14 weeks or was it 16 weeks by then? She really liked me and we talked for a month before she finally agreed to send Georgie. He is a Newfoundland by the way. He is from Middlesex-upstate New York, it was quite a trip for the little guy. He looked just like a little black bear cub when he was a baby. Do I sound like a proud mama?:) Is it Washington state? I am from Seattle! Let me know. How exciting for you if it is, although the plane ride is from hell anytime you go to Seattle.:)

Robin, those cozy pants sound delicious, I might have to head over to Costco and check it out, I am all about my "comfy clothes", sometimes I feel they are all I wear.

Shelley, way to go with those 20's girl! I was proud yesterday too, I did back, and did 1 arm rows for 12 reps with 45 pounds.:7

Jennifer, glad your ankle is healing up so quickly.:)

Lainie, did your DH love that hot dress you bought? Have fun at the dentist, I go back to complete this darn root canal tomorrow.

Shannon, you got your haircut too? I bet its cute, enjoy your rest day after what sounds like a really busy day yesterday.

Hi to Leanne and TK, Emily!

Today is busy, the boys are not coming down this week, it looks as if we will be heading south to SD to work for a week-the boys will be joining us down there. Which means I need to go get a PC to take down with me. On tap workout wise I have an itread this morning and then chest/arms/calves..bbl...

Here is a link to Heidi Klum, my haircut is just like that, wish my face was! LOL. Just kidding, well, maybe not. I have a hard time styling it perfect like that but its the same type of cut. I will wear it back in a ponytail or curly though, I have a hard time getting my hair really straight like that without totally damaging it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi_Klum

Good morning, all!

What a week of hair cuts! I've got my appt. on Friday, and I can't wait. My roots and grays look horrible, and my hair is super limp right now. I'm thinking about getting it cut shorter -- more like the Posh cut instead of a longer bob, which it's in now.

Today I'll be at home grading all day, so I'll be checking in a bit to take breaks. I was planning on taking a whole week off of weights, but I'm getting antsy and will be doing Tracey Staehle's new circuit workout today. (I've also been eating like cr*p this week; why is it that I have a harder time eating clean when I'm *not* working out as much? Do you all find that, too?) I ended up putting together a new rotation last night that will include a week of circuits (which I love, but never seem able to do lately since I've been focusing on harder weights), before doing a week of 4DS and then four weeks of S&H, with an extra day of legs thrown in. We'll see how it goes!

Deb -- Sorry that you didn't get a good night's sleep last night! It sounds like sleeping in is just what your body needed today. That is such fantastic news about the new puppy and the Yahoo group of owners! So when will you be leaving to go get the new little one? Yes, isn't the Capresso wonderful! We had a Saeco that just broke, but the Capresso really does seem to make better coffee. ^^^5's on the melting that you've been doing, even though those newly-tailored pants are no longer fitting! I think we all just need to do some clothes shopping.:) My dad and his wife picked up part of a round-the-world cruise, so they started in Singapore and then hit India, Dubai, Egypt, Italy, Greece, and a few other places before heading across the Atlantic. It sounds like they had a fabulous time.

Shelley -- Did you get a better night's sleep last night? I'm so sorry that yesterday was such an awful day for you. That mess at the Adidas store sounded awful, and, to top it off, the mistake with your lunch was upsetting. Why is it that when it rains, it pours? Are you doing better today? ^^^5's on using the 20's for those hanging concentration curls! That is awesome! So what brand is the comfy pants? Do they carry them at the Costco in the States?

Robin -- How wonderful that your aunt and uncle were able to enjoy those cruises and be companions to that kind woman. It sounds like it was a good match for all three of them. Can you maybe just order something in for Memorial Day so that you don't get stuck with all the cooking or clean up? Or how about a potluck?

Tneah -- Post some photos of your hair!:) I'd love to see what it looks like. OK, I've also been doing some serious thinking about the wedding outfit, and now I'm not sure about a black top with with the skirt since the wedding starts during the day and since it might not look right with those adorable straw shoes. Since the bride said to wear a cocktail dress, do you think that might be better? What are you thinking? Oh, and what is the creamer that you use in your coffee? I think I'll try it out, even though I'd miss my lattes! Now we really do have to get together sometime when you're out in SD this summer! I know we're both super shy, but it would be so wonderful to meet you in person!:) EDITED: That haircut is beautiful! I bet it looks gorgeous on you!

Shannon -- How is your thumb feeling today? How did your hair turn out? How have things been at work since the other writer left?

Lainie -- And how is your thumb, too? Ug for the dentist today! Did Brian like the new dress? I bet it looks fab on you!

Jennifer -- Glad that your ankle is doing better! I'm glad that the swelling is going down, too. It sounds like taking two weeks off is a good idea.

Hey Leanne, of course I had to say hi to you!:) I am drinking my protein shake before I do my workouts.

I HATE pics of myself. In fact, people always say that I look like a totally different person when they see me in person than I do in pics. My mother in law included.;) They do not want to say it,my DH will though,but I am not photogenic at all, so I guess we will have to meet in person so you can see my haircut.:) A dealer at the Palazzo told me I had Kim Basinger type looks, whatever that means, but hey, I'll take it right? Whatever, he was just being nice.:* I think I ended up tipping him quite good actually.:7
Your eating is probably really clean, you are so strict! Do not worry about it, but I totally understand about feeling antsy to go back to the weight training. I am the opposite of you, I despise circuit training..ugh. I use the Carnation fat free dry creamer, I know alot of people especially on these boards would faint if they knew I used it. But it is what trainer man told me to use and I like it.

I am going to wear the floral skirt for the rehearsal dinner with a black shirt like you suggested. Think I might add some black/or hot pink/red patent platform/sandal/pump type shoe and I have a wide black patent belt...it would be super cute, I know that will work in some form for the dinner. Even a white shirt with the straw pumps...You are right about the wedding though! I am going to shop in SD-they have to have something in that huge fashion valley mall, and if I buy it at a good store, chances are they have a tailor, then after its done, I will have it shipped to the house in Vegas. That is my plan. If only I could wear that hot pink dress, its just not "conservative" enough for DH.
The story behind this conservative thing is this. The bride's family is good friends with us, DH and her father go waaaay back. He owns a famous strip club...ok. The grooms family is "old money" conservative. So DH does not want me prancing in there with the boobage in full display...not that they would mistake me for a stripper, but you know what I mean. So downplaying this would be best in this situation. My breasts make people angry for some reason..really, I get dirty looks all the time from strangers. Anyway. So that is my self absorbed drama.

Have a fabulous day. :7

Tneah - your hair style is beautiful! I'd never be able to straighten mine enough to get anywhere near that. And no, my cut is not cute - not with this hair, LOL! I can't believe you're headed south again. Wow.

Leanne - I'm glad you get to play today and have a bit more of a relaxed workday at home. The thumb is still sore, but the swelling is starting to go down a bit.

Tneah - I bet your breasts make WOMEN angry. I bet they sure don't make men angry ;) I adore that hair. Absolutely adore it. I'm growing mine out a bit.

Leanne - today is MUCH better, thank you for asking. And I remembered to bring extras for my salad today:) I love circuits too!!!

LOL at what Shelley said about angry women. Probably true.

tneah, I love the hairstyle too. I would love to have hair long enough to pull back in a pony tail, but I don't have to patience to grow it out. So I guess I'll stay super short and easy to tend.

Leanne, I'm hoping we can go out to dinner when the company is here. The problem with that is, they are cheapskates. Both my SIL and her DH make WAY more than DH and I, but they have never picked up the check when we've gone out with them. The closest they came was when SIL offered to pay half when we took her mom out for a birthday. I think DH and I should head for the bathroom as soon as we see the waiter coming with the check!

Hey all,

Yes, I think Shelley had it dead-on when she said that it's probably *women* that get upset.:)

Tneah -- I bet photos of you look fantastic!! I know what you mean, though -- I hate photos of myself. My DH is like Mitch -- he also has told me several times before that I'm not photogenic and take bad photos. I guess at least they're truthful, right?! I'll have to try the Carnation creamer; it sounds good! The wedding outfit sounds perfect for the rehearsal dinner, and some smashing shoes would look great with that floral skirt. (Of course, I just adore that black skirt, and wish you could work it into the wedding plans, too!) Now I'm sure you have much more fabulous stores in Vegas, but Fashion Valley does have some nice places to check out. The Macy's there has a really nice dress selection (my friend swears by their dress department, and has bought about five dresses for weddings there in the past few years), and the Nordstrom might have a different selection than the one by you. I've only been to the new Bloomingdale's once, but I bet they have a nice dress selection, too. That history sounds complicated, but it does seem like a good idea to make sure that your dress doesn't cause any upheavals.;-)

Shelley -- I'm so glad that you're feeling better today! Sending you {{{HUGS}}}!! Is your hair still in that cute bob? What length will you be growing it to?

Robin -- That is just so frustrating about cheap relatives! My SIL can be the same way; when we go to dinner with the family, she never puts in enough money for them, even though there are three of them with my little niece. I like your idea about heading to the restroom when the check comes! }( Are they coming in from far away? If so, can you still ask about maybe doing a potluck so at least they contribute in some way? Or, could something like cold cuts also work so that you don't have to spend a lot for dinner when they're there? I'm with you on the short hair; I can never grow mine out, even though I'd love to have it longer.

Shannon -- Glad that your thumb is better! Has your shoulder also been better, too, with the new set-up at work?

Leanne, they will coming from VA Beach, in their own airplane! Yes, they can afford an airplane, but never pick up the check! And when they fly up, they don't have a car, so they borrow one of ours...and leave the tank empty. BUT, we do crash at their house for a week almost every summer (during which we do the housework and take them out to dinner at least once) so I should stop complaining.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.