"MELTING" In Memphis on Monday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good morning!

Sounds like a song!..I did an I=Tread this morning and packed all my "electronic" gear for my trip, HRM, MP3, etc. I will miss you guys!:-( .. I hope I will be able to turn down some of the BBQ :9

Have a great week and make sure you MELT while I am away:)

Deb

RE:

Hi Deb!

Thanks for taking time to get us started this morning. We'll miss you! Enjoy your trip and try not to eat to much BBQ ;)

Well, I had a super-duper extra busy weekend. Busy even for me:p I have no idea what's going on around here, so I'll have to check and be back later. Oh, and I didn't work out all weekend, unless you count the four hours of yardwork yesterday and the two on Saturday, plus all the cleaning and dog walking!

RE:

Goodmorning melters.

Deb, yes, we will miss you. Have a safe, fun and productive trip!

Shelley, I think you can easily count yardwork as a workout. One of these days I'll have to start mine. I did get the patio cleaned off Saturday.

tneah, I go to a Baptist church. It's a pretty small congregation and at one time, we were the youngest members, but in the last several years, we slowly started growing. We've been members since we moved here almost 30 years ago and it feels like home to me.

Leanne, too bad the dress no longer fits, but way to go on the super melting!

Lainie, the park clean up sounds like a great church activity. Hey, a chin up is done with an underhand grip, with your palms facing you. Chin up is when you palms face away. It is harder. Of course, I can't do either.

Hi Jennifer. The snakes were all behind glass, except for the big python used during the Rain Forest Program. I'm not afraid of snakes unless I surprise one while hiking. Even then, it's more of a starle than a fear.

I woke up at 4 am with a tummy and head ache and called in sick. I'm not sure I'll be doing a workout today. We'll have to see what the tummy brings. HOpe you all have a marvelous Monday.

RE:

Hi everyone. Today's the first day of the kids' week off from school. Right now Ewan and I are watching a Schoolhouse Rock video (it's got like the top 25 songs) while Isaac does art in the dining room. Brian is out working on the yard--he's taking a semi-vacation day but still has some work calls to do.

The only thing I have to leave the house for is a trip to the post office to send some DVDs I sold.

I'm still trying to figure out my workout for today. I think it will be some kind of weights, but I'm still thinking about what rotation I'll do this week. I will be doing lower body work, but I want to keep my cardio low impact.

Deb, hope you have a fabulous time in Memphis. I haven't been there in years but I went there a few times in college and it was always a fun place (except when my car broke down one time, though I think it actually went kaput in West Memphis on the Arkansas side).

Shelley, hope we can see more of you around today. I had a bit of a busy weekend myself--I was on here a bit but I don't think I made it to the OAL at all. :(

Robin, um, you called both things you described "chin ups" but I'm guessing the underhand grip with palms toward you one is the pull up. Is that right?

OK, better get the post office trip over with and plan that workout soon.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

RE:

Good morning, Melters!

Well, I had a rather outstanding weekend! Lots of family time - dinner on Saturday to honor my BIL - he's a state trooper who received the Medal of Valor, the highest honor a trooper can receive. And Sunday I attended my mom's church, because they were throwing a potluck in her honor, since she does so much for the church. That was very nice.

Deb - I guess you won't be around much, but HI anyhow!! I hope the Memphis trip goes okay.

Shelley - wow - you got serious about the yard work! Six hours of it! Whew. Yes, that counts as a workout, and then some!

Robin - I sure hope you feel better soon. Snakes?? I guess I need to read this weekend's thread!

Lanie - I hope you and the boys have a nice week together. I believe pull-ups are the ones with your palms facing away from you. ;)

Hi to everyone else... I sure hope to be back later!

RE:

Morning Monday Meltees!:)

Wow, someone needs to give me a serious calories burner this morning!:eek: I enjoyed a little too much Edys Slow Churned frozen yogurt caramel crunch last night! That and the lowfat nachos really made Tneah a happy happy girl.:D But of course, this morning I am feeling a little guilty, well sorta. Guess I have the rest of the week to burn it off. Its so cool having this cheat day, because I actually look forward to Monday and getting back to my diet plan. I know I am a routine/control freak I suppose!:) I didn't take a rest day yesterday either, did cardio...I know, but I had the urge so I just went with it. When I really need a break from working out, I know it, I just shut down, so will save the rest day for when I really need it. Probably after the root canal I will be enjoying this week!x(

Deb, bon voyage darlin'!You will be missed.

Shelley, all that cleaning and yardwork most certainly counts as working out to me! We did miss you around here though.

Robin, sounds like you have a good thing going at your church. Very nice.Wonder whats up with that tummy of yours?:-( Peppermint tea sometimes helps with an upset belly.

Lainie, the best low impact Cathe cardio to me at least is the premix from LIC, its easy for me to follow, but still gets the heartrate up!I think pullups are with the palms facing you? Chin ups are the palms facing away, nevertheless, I cannot do either of them!

Hi to Leanne, Emily, Jennifer, Shannon--we miss you on the weekends...

Think I might do the Spinervals "Enter the Red Zone" this morning...its intense..its an all out cardio week with maybe one or two circuits tossed in...has anyone done Circuit Max? I did Cardio Kicks yesterday and noted I had never done CM before...

RE:

*runs in*

Busy, busy, busy at work!

Robin - I hope you feel better! I have fond memories of Clyde Peelings! Especially that millipede and my child who already knew everything about the rain forest:p

Lainie - chins up palms face you, pull ups palms face away! Enjoy your day and week with the boys!

Shannon - congrats to your BIL AND your mom! I'm glad yardwork counts as a workout!

I can't type today. This post took me forever because I kept making typos!

RE:

Happy Monday, all!

I've got to get started grading here in a few minutes. I don't have too much grading to do today, but I'll have a lot on Wednesday. I also have a dentist appt. later this afternoon (just for a cleaning), so have to get my workout in a little earlier. Today's a cardio day, and I might do Amy B's Hi/Lo Knockout again or maybe KPC since I haven't done that one in awhile.

Deb -- Thanks for getting us started before you leave! Hope your week in Memphis goes well!

Tneah -- Oh, you poor thing with that root canal! When are you having it done? The ice cream and nachos sound like the perfect treat! I don't have Circuit Max, but it sounds like a fun workout.

Shelley -- Sounds like you had a nice weekend outdoors! That yardwork should definitely count as a workout.

Robin -- Take it easy today since you don't feel well! I'm glad you called in sick instead of pushing yourself to go in. Glad that you had fun with the snakes yesterday.

Jennifer -- How was the rest of your weekend?

Lainie -- So the boys will be off all week? Will you do any little activities with them? Don't overdo it with your workout if you're still not feeling 100% with your ankle.

Emily -- "Hi" if you check in!

Shannon -- What exciting news about your BIL and your mom! Sounds like you had a really nice weekend visiting with family.

RE:

LOL, don't worry Robin, I told Lainie the same thing! What do I know??;)
I do not do either, the chin up nor the pull up, again I blame my large chest for my inability to hoist myself up.:7 I love the word "dolt" by the way....oh, and I can only perform 25-30 (on a good day) regular "guy" pushups!:eek: I don't think I am as strong as I look actually.

I am dawdling (using another cool "d" word) here, I should be editing some of the exercise chapters in the book, but cannot seem to wrap my head around them. They have been tampered with by too many hands and are a complete and utter mess, hardly any of my original verbage is left...yes, this little "situation" arose last week...long story short..this book may never make it to publishing.;( No, it will, its just been incredibly frustrating, you know the saying "many hands make light work or whatever?" In this case many hands have made bad work, very, very bad work!

Hope you are all busy little bees today...

RE:

Robin -- How are you feeling?

Tneah -- You rock that you can do that many push-ups!! Seriously! I was proud of myself because I can now do the first 16 on my toes that Cathe does as the first set in GS, but you are just AMAZING! I've been meaning to ask you about the book. How awful what things are bumpy right now, but I bet that they will smooth out. Did an editor change everything? Can you push to get it back to how you had it originally worded? Make sure to try!:)

Alright, gotta run to the dentist, and then shopping at Trader Joes. Must resist the goodies . . . .

RE:

Shannon -- I'm sorry that your rest weeks are always because of an injury. Hopefully that cycle has stopped for good!:)

Tneah -- Just saw your post about resting, and let's definitely take a rest week together (via cyberspace) this week!:) I wish we lived closer, too, so we could enjoy some fresh air together. When you're out here next, we definitely have to do so!:)

RE:

Hey Robin -- Glad to hear that you're feeling better! Hopefully it's just a viral bug that will leave as quickly as it came!:)

RE:

Hello Melters.

How are you all doing?

The rest of my weekend was peaceful. Nursery was loud but that's normal for 15 babies or so.

Tonight, I encouraged my friend Michele to get working out again. She has goals and she's sticking with her meal plan too.

Tomorrow night, I plan to start with LIC or BM2 and go through the 06 series. Not ready for 4AM yet.

Have a Great Night.

RE:

Evening all!

Whew! Today was CRAZY at work! I hardly got a chance to check around here at all, much less post anything! Hopefully tomorrow won't be quite as bad.

Robin - are you feeling any better at all? I bet it's some virus or other.

Leanne - how did the grading go? I read about your dress for the wedding! You have done some serious melting, girl! How awesome!

Tneah - how awful that they messed so much with your book. I think the expression here should be "too many cooks spoil the broth". I'd be frustrated too! I hope you can get it sorted out. Did you get my PM?

Jennifer - I'm glad your friend is mostly staying on track!

Hi to everyone else!

I did 4DS Kickbox tonight. I really like the legwork in that one. Hopefully I won't be too sore for my run in the morning.

RE:

Hey kids,

Well I got the follicular phase done-the whole chapter, diet and exercise. At the end of the day, I basically wrote the whole dang book. I am very proud of myself actually.:) Tomorrow I will tackle the luteal phase...

Shells Bells-sorry, everytime I see your name I think that for some reason, same with "Lainie bug", I love nicknames,sorry.:) Anyway! Got your PM, you are so sweet for taking the time to do that for me....((hug))thanks for the "expression correction";) I never get those right, and I can never remember the punch line to a joke.:7

Robin, hope you feel better soon! Wonder if its residual stuff left over from your shingles attack? Listen to Dr. tneah here.

Leanne, I adore Trader Joes...oh all the goodies they hide in there under the guise of "healthy"...

Jennifer, you do BM2 more than anyone I know, and I still have not done the whole thing...probably never will. Its one of those Cathe workouts I probably should not have purchased, but hey, have to support our girl right?

I am off to perform a little more cardio tonight, the elliptical, so I can read while I torture myself on that machine. I usually cannot read while exercising, but my elliptical has this thingy you can put a book or mag...and I take full advantage of it.:) Nighty, night ladies...

RE:

Well, I managed to get out of Trader Joe's with mostly healthy goodies. Tomorrow is my crazy day at work, so I probably won't get a chance to check in. Hope you all have great days!

Shelley -- Sorry to hear that work was so crazy! Will tomorrow be better? Yes, the dress for the wedding was a pain, but oh well. Melting is good, right?!

Jennifer -- Glad that Michele is still working out. I'm also still so impressed that BM2 is no problem for you!

Tneah -- Glad that you got so much done today on your book, but how frustrating that all has to be! I forgot to say earlier how cool it is that you used to teach Tai Chi! Do you still practice it? Hey -- I thought you weren't doing double workouts anymore!;-)

RE:

Shh...don't tell Leanne!:) I ate like a pig yesterday and thought I could "undo" some damage with double cardio.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.