"MELTING" Away on the Weekend!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Just getting us started today. I will be unpacking and doing stuff around here today. No workout. Tomorrow is the Walk For Babies for the March of Dimes so I will count that as a cardio day. I think it's about 3.5 miles. It's sunny so far around here.. maybe get some yard clean up done.

Have a great day!
Deb:)

RE:

Hello Deb and Melters.

Just wiped out on my step during the 3rd routine of the 3rd blast on SB, I'm in a little pain right now. My weekend plans have been somewhat altered.

The weather here is 40s cold,wind, and rainy. The nasty stuff is supposed to be here on monday night into tues.

Thank GOD, I did my grocery shopping last night. I wouldn't be able to do it today. And, yes, I plan to rest alot and stay off of my feet.
Despite the injury, the workouts this week have been a blast. It feels like high school days of downhill racing, when I fell down really hard on the slope and get back up to try it again.

Have a Great Sat.

RE:

Morning Deb and Jennifer!

Deb - enjoy your rest day. Sunny here too, so far, but maybe rain later.

Jennifer - OUCH! Take it easy this weekend!

Okay, I did Cardio Coach Press Play this morning and now I'm off and running with loads of appointments and errands!

RE:

Hello everyone. As usual, the boys had me up early this morning. Well, early for me--I've been up since before 7. Luckily they are really cute boys and in a happy mood this morning (they're generally jolly in the mornings). DH was up before me but went back to bed. I wish I could go back to bed but the boys need someone up with them.

No big plans for us today, unless DH has something planned he hasn't told me. I plan to do LIC today, though I'm actually pretty sore from yesterday's yoga workout. I did Ellen Barrett's Yogini Workout, which is pretty tough for yoga. Ouch.

Wow, very sleepy, having trouble getting through this today. Going to attempt to catch up on personals, though.

So, I guess I mentioned yesterday that DH said, yes, you can go on a Road Trip and I'll watch the boys. However, he said the July RT wouldn't really work, so I'm going to try for August. Really hope I get in! DH is pretty cheap, as I've mentioned already (plenty of times, probably) but I usually get what I really want. Maybe I get what I want a little passive agressively, sometimes, but still, I get it. :p

Jennifer--ouch! Where did you injure yourself? I hope you take it easy and put ice on anything swollen and rest a bit. My stupid left ankle is still a bit swollen--so annoying getting an injury. Hope it turns out to be no big thing for you.

Deb, so glad to have you back!!! Yes, I'm hoping the little extra time to the August RT will help me get that much more healed up.

Shelley, yeah I was bummed that I have to wait for the August RT, but I had originally thought that one would be better for me anyway. I mainly switched to July so I could meet you and some other people who are coming to the July one. Brian has a lot going on in July work-wise and we'd also talked about a trip to visit family that month. Now I just have to wait to see if I get in next week!

Tneah, good luck with the antibiotics and be sure and eat yogurt for your tummy! Yeah, I do have some out-there dreams. I do like to write and always think I'll actually write something and get published, but so far I've only been published in stuff like a student journal in college and church newsletters. Does it count when I publish myself on my blog? ;) Anyway, I keep thinking about writing about my life, but haven't done much of it yet.

Leanne, crossing fingers that you get that award! Well, and even if you don't, I'm sure the experience of being a finalist is worthwhile and good for your resume. :)

Well, hello to all who follow. Where's our TK lately?

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

RE:

Good Morning All!

Deb...so happy to see you again! Glad your trip went well. Your walk sounds like fun actually, and its for a good cause.:)

Jennifer, oh no! This is why I get scared doing step workouts, I trip all the time, and its just not worth it to me, to injure myself...so I stick to the routines I know really well...LIC cardio premix and the 4DS LIC! Please take care today, and remember to "R.I.C.E."

Shelley, I know you are running around like a crazy woman again today, Saturdays are busy days aren't they?

Lainie, yeah! Glad you get to go on the August RT, and I know I can count on you to take lots of pics! Get some rest, maybe mommy and the boys can nap this afternoon?;)

Hi to Leanne, Shannon, Robin and yeah, where the heck is TK?

I am feeling a little better today. I cannot wait til AFlo is outta here so I can resume my harder workouts come Monday. I cannot believe I actually miss lifting! I must have really needed this break from the weight training.
Today is Spinervals with the dorky Coach Troy, I am just loving what this spin bike does for the legs and butt, so need to keep up with these workouts.
I also have lots of "LaundryMax" to do today...:eek: plus, I need to start cleaning out closets for heavens sake...I ordered some storage containers and have been waiting for them to arrive so I can really dig my heels in and give it a go.

BBL to see whatcha all are up to.

RE:

Hi everyone,

Well, I didn't win the teaching award; the person who won has been a finalist for the past four years. When the committee chair called last night to tell me, though, he did say that over 180 people were nominated this year, so it was nice to be one of the five finalists. I get recognized at graduation and get a little plaque.

Today I'm going to that Self Magazine Workout in the Park with one of my friends. It should be fun! They're having a bunch of classes taught by Crunch instructors. One of the classes is mixed martial arts, so I really want to try that out! It's going to be a hot day today -- yesterday it was 90 degrees at my work, but it'll be cooler today since it's at the beach.

Deb -- Welcome back! We missed you! Did you eat lots of BBQ in Memphis? Don't sweat the lack of workouts; you'll be back into the swing of things again tomorrow with your walk.

Jennifer -- You poor thing! Do you think you need to get to the Dr.? Just rest this weekend and let yourself heal!

Lainie -- Going on the RT in August will still be a blast! You'll have a great time!

Shelley -- Congrats on the Road Trip!! That is so awesome!

Tneah -- I like the butterfly, too! Is tomorrow your cheat day again? What yummy treats will you have in store?

Robin -- How was the movie? Are you feeling better today about your eating this week? Don't worry -- you'll get back on track soon!

I've got to eat breakfast and clean house before leaving for the workout. I may not get a chance to check back in today, so hope you all have wonderful Saturdays!!:)

RE:

Hello Melters.

I called my Dad today, he's a retired physcian and one of the first to go into sports med in the country (way back in the 70s). He told me to keep it elevated and use ice when needed.

Shelley-Have fun on the RT. Lainie-from what I read, the RTs are awesome.

Tneah-Your butterfly is so cool.

Robin-Are you doing better?

Deb-Have fun at the Self event. I've read those before and always wanted to go.

It'll snow here Monday night. Right now, cold and dark and windy outside at 45 degrees. Yesterday was at 80 degrees. My heat came on for the first time in two weeks, kinda odd.

RE:

Correction: Leanne-Have fun at the Self event.

I do apologize and I am sorry for the mistake.

RE:

>Correction: Leanne-Have fun at the Self event.
>
>I do apologize and I am sorry for the mistake.
>
>
>

Hi Jennifer -- No worries!:) How cool that your dad was one of the first sports med doctors! It sounds like he gave you great advice!

Tneah -- I forgot to ask if you were able to find any dresses on-line for that wedding. Would that halter style dress at Nordstrom work for one of the wedding events? I bet it would look elegant and classy on you!:)

RE:

Hey All,

Just did my Spinervals and some of the Squeeze-boy, that triceps workout is short and sweet and always "gets me".Seriously, I never get sore triceps, and this one little workout makes them sore. Weird.

Leanne, how fun! Its fun to workout with someone, makes the time go by faster and you can push each other. 90 degrees?:eek: Oh dear, I am not ready for that kind of weather in SD yet. We will not be going down to the boat for awhile, so maybe it'll pass. Did you hear about that shark attack at the beach in SD County? That poor man, how scary, now I am terrified of letting Georgie wade in the ocean.:eek: Congrats on being nominated, that alone is quite an accomplishment. Also, yes, I think I might have to go into Nordstroms and try that dress on, I might need a tailor though...I am so freaked out about the outfit thing...DH doesn't help, he likes the "conservative" look (well, except in the bedroom obviously;) ) and I do not want to look like a "frump", so crap, yeah, I will have to go try that dress.

Jennifer, sounds like you received good advice from dear ole dad!Rest up.

I am cheated a little bit yesterday, ate some trail mix, you know the kind with sunflower seeds and those tiny yogurt chips?:9 We were watching a movie and I absently grabbed the bowl and started munching..thankfully I stopped before I emptied it though. I have been following my diet plan, so it should not have done too much damage. So tomorrow its a cheat meal, not a cheat day!Not sure what I am going to have tomorrow, probably ice cream...:9

Hey, where is Robin today?

RE:

Hello Melters.

It's cold and sunny this afternoon and I'm watching Nascar (life is pretty bad). My injury is slowly getting better. I've been doing RICE, but held off on the ice cause my feet are freezing but my Dad seriously encouraged me to do so and it feels better already. Waiting for more ice to freeze.

Tneah-what's your favourite ice cream? My two are: Ben & Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough or Breyer's Oreo Cookie Ice cream. I like butter pecan too. Coldstone Creamery is a luxury for me.
buying dresses are a pain...

Leanne-How was your Self workout? Thank you for not being mad.

BBL

RE:

Howdy, everyone!

I just had to get online so I could post in the CC PP Saturday thread. You know, that one's a must! My kitchen counter is stacked high with dirty dishes so I need to make this quick. I want to get them done and then REST. It's been a day full of serious yard work. FUN but tiring.

Shelley - I hope you got all your crazy errandizing done.

Leanne - Maybe next year you'll get the award!! I'm so glad you get recognized at graduation!

Jennifer - I hope your injury isn't too bad. But it sounds like you know what to do. Keep us posted.

Tneah - I'm glad you're ready for weights again. You were a wise woman to take that break.

Deb - I'm glad you're able to take the whole day to unpack and get organized. Enjoy the walk tomorrow!

Lanie - Yay! You get to go on the RT!!!

Sorry the personals are so brief, but I Really.Need.to.Get.Moving.

Maybe I'll see you tomorrow!

RE:

Guess what?? I actually cleaned out my clothing closet! It took me 3 hours...switched all the winter stuff for spring/summer attire, dusted, tossed garbage, old hangers and all that crap that accumulates. Whew. Not a small undertaking, I am fortunate to have a rather large walk in closet with built in the wall wood shelves, boy were they gross and dusty! I am embarrassed I let it get that bad actually.:7

I think I am going to rest now, I am wiped out, went grocery shopping for the boys who are coming down on Monday night. Did all my laundry and scrubbed the floors.

Shannon, good to see ya, sounds like you had a very busy day as well.

Think I will go paint my toenails purple or some other weird color...:p

RE:

Hello Melters.

Good News-since my intense icing, my ankle has improved. My goal is Tues night but reality might be next week. My friend, Michele, loaned me the DVD I got her and it might help me for a few weeks. I want her to have it for her benefit. Body Fusion. She is losing weight although the beer tonight will be a challenge for her to work off this week.

Tneah-I bet your closet is full of beautiful clothes. I have clothes in 3 closets in my home but they're small and deep. One for just sweatshirts.

Has anyone ever recycled your old pc's/towers at Goodwill?

A friend of mine, her son will be in the 3rd round draft for the NFL on Sunday.

Have a Great Night.

RE:

Hi gang. Whew, Friday evening and yesterday were so busy, I never got a chance to check in with you. Sit back with a nice warm mug of your favorite morning beverage and let me bore you with my life for a bit. Thanks for listening. We went to Ring of Fire Friday evening. It's been ages since DH and I have gone to any live show. $$ and baby seem to get in the way. The show was fantastic. Mostly just Johnny Cash music, with a loose story of his life woven in. The performers went to the lounge in the theater following the show where we hooked up with Tom, the musician we met in St John. We ended up hanging out with Tom until after midnight. He is a wonderfully talented musician - guitar, mandolin, harmonica, who knows what else - and a charming man. He knows the bass player for Jimmy's band!!! On the way home, we ran into a sobriety check and DH had to do a breatholizer test, since he'd had a beer. He passed with no trouble, but gosh, that was a kind of scary first for me. Saturday morning, DH took us out for a big, unhealthy breakfast. We got home, did some chores and I had fast bike ride. Then we decided to take our annual Redbud drive. Redbud is a small, spring-flowering tree. It grows so thick on a couple hillsides south of State College, that the hills are purple. It is so lovely that we have been driving down every year for as long as I can remember. Kind of a family tradition. Then we stop in State College for dinner. We stopped at a tavern and had an unhealthy dinner of yummy fried food. Today I'll be climbing back up on the clean eating wagon. But the weekend was so much fun!

Deb, glad you are back. How was the trip. Did you have time for anything fun? Did you get to Graceland?

tneah, you can come clean out my closets now. I switched over to my summer stuff last week. I have a couple bags of clothes to give to our local goodwill-like charity. Now I'll have an excuse to buy some new sweaters next fall.

Jennifer, sorry to hear about your wipe out! I hope your ankle heals quickly. It's nice to have an expert only a phone call away. How is your dad doing?

Leanne, I'm sorry you didn't get the award, but I think being in the top five of over 100 nominees is quite an accomplishment. And wow, that must be a great institution, with that many teachers nominated for the award. DH has been nominated a couple times for a similar award at his school, but he's never won either. It's nice to know someone thinks highly enough of you to nominate you. How was the Shape workout? It sounded like fun.

Shannon, happy to see you on the weekend. I ended up not doing CCPP yesterday. It was so nice out, I hoped on my road bike instead. I know it wasn't as good a workout, but it was fun.

I have to get moving. Church this morning. Boot camp this afternoon if all goes as planned.

RE:

Happy Sunday!

Oh, so tired. Sophie was at her first ever sleepover last night and I couldn't get to sleep thinking about her (kind of half expecting the "mom, come and get me" phone call). Then one of the dogs was sick with the runs and so she kept us up all night needing to go out. So the dogs are having a nice breakfast of plain rice.

Yesterday was busy and fun. Today will be pretty quiet, since I think Sophie and I will *both* be tired.

Robin - your weekend sounds lovely! I love redbuds. My old neighbour had one and I eagerly anticipated it blooming every spring!

Shannon - how fun to see you on the weekend! Did you get through those dishes?

Deb - how was your rest day? Are you settled back in?

Tneah - HOORAY for closet cleaning! Sounds like you did a thorough job! So, are you getting rid of anything good?;)

Jennifer - Nascar? Yikes!;)

Leanne - so sorry you didn't get the award, but wow, top five is fantastic! How was the workout in the park? Sounds like a blast:)

Lainie - YAY for going on the RT (though I'm sad you won't be on the July one:(). You're going to love it!

All right, better go get my day started.

RE:

Good Morning fellow Melters!

I thought I would "pop in" as I have a few minutes before I have to leave to go to the Walk For Babies. I am glad it is sunny, although a little cool. The Walk goes on, rain or shine.

We got an e-mail from the breeder outside of Chicago last night, asking if we were still interested in a puppy...YES! We replied and hopefully, if the 2 males she believes she will have left are a good match, we may be getting a puppy in June, instead of August. If not a match ( and this is most important), we will have to wait for the litter that is about 1 1/2 hours from here. I know people will think we are crazy for going all the way to Chicago instead of waiting 2 more months, but there is no guarantee that the local one will pan out, so we don;t want to miss the opportunity.

Jennifer:
Please be careful! Good thing your Dad is a DR and you can ask for advice. Please keep the snow! Do not pass it along this way LOL}(

Shelly:
Good for you for getting that CC workout in before all the running around you had to do!

Lainie:
Hope you had a nice lazy Saturday. Did you end up doing something that your DH planned?

Tneah:
You and I were both taking a break from lifting this past week. I had to because of travel, although the little "gym" they had at the hotel did have some dumbbells. I just am not good at doing my own thing unless it is all planned out etc. So I just did the treadmill with Grace 2 days out of the 4 I was there. Where do you get the Coach Troy spinervals? is this part of CC? I have an old type stationery bike that is definitely not a spinning bike! It's at least 20 years old. Good for you for cleaning those closets. Did you see the "De-Clutter" thread on the OD? I am going to jump into that one. I really need an intervention on that matter!

Leanne:
Wow you may not have won the award but being in the top 5 out of that many is AWESOME!:7 Yes we had a lot of bad food in Memphis, but I only ate BBQ once, which is a good thing. We stayed at a Homewood Suites, which gives you a full breakfast and dinner with your room. Not clean food by any means.

Shannon:
Glad one of us got to the yard work yesterday!

Robin:
And here I thought that Ring of Fire was a movie :+ Shows how out of touch with the media I am. It sounds like you had a really good time. No we did not get to see Graceland.. the whole week is basically planned out for you...almost like you are in school staying at a dorm.

Have a great day...I will BBL to see what you guys are up to today!

Deb:)

RE:

Morning, ladies!

I just finished checking for jobs at various online sources - no luck. Oh, if I was unemployed, there would be jobs I'd try for. But nothing really very appealing. Anyhow, I figured I'd better stop by and say hi. So... HI! :7

Today it's nice and rainy, and I get to stay inside all day. That's one reason I worked my butt off yesterday - I knew it was coming. Today I'll finish cleaning house, do some cooking for the week and hopefully get to putter around with my watercolors.

Tneah - good job on the closet! Doesn't that give you a wonderful sense of accomplishment? Rest up today. Those boys will keep you busy!

Jennifer - I'm glad your ankle is improving so quickly.

Robin - Ohh, your redbud drive sounds lovely! We have lots of redbuds down here too. They've already bloomed. But I don't know of anyplace that they're so thick like yours. You should post a picture! I'm glad you got to take such a nice bike ride, too.

Shelley - What did Sophie think about her first sleepover? Did she have fun? How are the dogs doing this morning? I hope that rice stops them up. I've had nights like that. They are not fun. x( And yes, I did finally finish the dishes a little before 8 p.m. I read for a bit, then collapsed into bed and slept like a rock.

All right gals, I'm outta here. I'll see you tomorrow!

RE:

Hi everyone,

Sounds like everyone is having a fun day! Yesterday was a lot of fun at the Self Workout, but I ended up with a little sunburn on my arms. I was really good about re-applying sunscreen throughout the day, but some must have crept through. One of the Crunch instructors who just put out a kickboxing DVD taught a few classes, and I ended up buying her DVD since it was only $10. I'm hoping to try it today. The best class, though, was the Masala Bhangra (Indian folk dancing) class at the end of the day; the instructor was so much fun and had so much energy. I have a Bollywood workout that I've only done a few times b/c I didn't like the instructor, but I think I might order a DVD from the instructor who taught yesterday b/c she was so much fun.

What workouts will you all be doing today?

Oh, and we got our new coffee maker on Thursday -- and it's wonderful! Yum!

Deb -- Thanks for the kind words! Hope that you enjoy the walk today! And how exciting that you might get the new dog in June. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it all works out for you!

Tneah -- What a great feeling that has to be to have cleaned your closet and done such a great job! Now you have room to buy some new clothes!}( Seriously, though, you've inspired me to clean my closet out. I'll probably have to wait until summer break starts, but how fantastic.

Jennifer -- How are you feeling today? Don't worry -- I wasn't at all bothered about you thinking that it was Deb who did the Self workout!:) Sounds like a good idea to rest until Tuesday or even later if you're still not feeling up to working out.

Lainie -- How are you and all the boys doing today? I'm so excited b/c my new Tracey S. workouts came yesterday, and I wasn't expecting them for awhile. Did you get yours? I want to take a week off from lifting, but I'm so excited about trying Circuit Zone!

Shelley -- Glad that Sophie had fun at the sleepover without any mishaps. Is the pup feeling better today?

Robin -- We missed you the past two days, but how great that you've been doing fun things! I had thought that Ring of Fire was a movie, too! Sounds like a fantastic show, and just what you and DH needed after a stressful week with not much time to yourself. Don't worry -- your eating will be back on track soon.

Shannon -- How are you doing after all that yard work yesterday? Hopefully you're not too sore!

RE:

Hello Melters.

Just doing some extreme ice and elevation today for my foot. It'll be hard to call in sick tomorrow for this one so I'm doing all I can today. This AM, after walking about, I had pain. I did preview BF and it's a good DVD to prime someone for SB or BM2 even.

The snow is coming. Nothing unusual for here. I'm going to miss the 70s degrees from last week, though.

Time for a nap after I watch the travel shows on PBS. They show lots of western Ontario near Georgian Bay and eastern MI along Lake Huron.

BBL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.