Shorter Total Body Strength Workouts

nikkigiovanni

Cathlete
Cathe, I would love it if you created a strength training DVD similar in concept to the X10 DVD, but with five total body strength workouts that are each about 30 min in length. Something like Total Body Sculpting, but with more challenging weights is close to what I have in mind or something similar to Push/Pull, but about 15 min shorter.

I’d like them for days that I’m doing two separate workouts (1 cardio and 1 strength) as I often do, but want to do a longer cardio workout and a shorter weight workout that quickly hits all body parts. Usually when I do 2 workouts, I do a longer weight workout then a shorter cardio, but sometimes I’d like to do the reverse. I think a 30 min total body strength workout would also be great for days that I do my cardio in the morning and want to do a short weight workout in the evening. Since I have less workout time in the pm, I’d prefer it to be a shorter workout. I’d also love to have these for days when I’m short on time, but want to hit all body parts. It would be great to also have the option of doing more than one of these workouts at a time for a longer workout just as we can with the X10 DVD.

Thanks so much for all that you do :D

Last edited:
Shorter workous

My favorite workouts did 1 body part a day. It is simple.. I did back Monday shoulders Tues. legs Wed chest thurs. and arms Friday. This worked great! You dan do an intense workout in 30-40 min...8-14 sets. I would take 1 min break between sets. The body parts get work on off days.....biceps on back day (pull ups rows etc) triceps on chest and shoulder day etc.etc. This allows you to really fry a body part in a short amount of time.Just something to consider. I had to do it before work and this gave me the time Tom

I think a 30 min total body strength workout would also be great for days that I do my cardio in the morning and want to do a short weight workout in the evening. Since I have less workout time in the pm, I’d prefer it to be a shorter workout.

This is an awesome idea! I do short weight workouts in the evening time, too (about twice a week). I often find myself struggling trying to find total body weight work that fits a 30-35 mins range.

I hope Cathe considers it for her next filming endeavor!

This is a great idea. I find Total Body workouts help me shed fat and build muscle faster than body part splits. I would love to see Cathe do several Total Body workouts that are 30 minutes long and that mostly incorporate compound movements that hit the larger muscles. I am not one for bicep curls or triceps kickbacks. These smaller muscles can get worked much more effectively in compound movements like rows, chinups, bench presses, pushups, etc.

Awesome idea!

I think even a 45 minute would be fine! Kind of like push pull.. I love muscle max to but I do wish it was only 45 minutes sometimes because I'd like to squeeze a HIIT in there before I lift! Hey I think I'd love a DVD like that ! A 20 minute or 15 minute HIIT then go into total body lifting or do 45 total body lifting then do a HIIT or tabata then cool down and stretch. I think us like the cardio first for the tabata then do the total body weights! I think I like these types of total body because it helps me work all muscle two to three times a week and be able to do cardio five days to lose the weight!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.