Afterburn II

loneswaneast

Cathlete
I love Afterburn, so another workout that is based on that pattern of circuit routines at a quick pace would really be appreciated. It is just the right workout for a one hour time frame that works you but does not exhaust you when you have an active day ahead of you.
Afterburn II and III please!

Yeah but with sound track like xtrain!
With,that said isnt supercuts like it? I dont know, for i have yet to do it. But i cant wait to try. But i was under the impression it was or the xtrains low impact hiit? I may be wrong. But i love afterburn but i dont do it often because it is so hard and if i had great misic id probly do it more. I have thought about miting it and add my own misic. Not sure if it would work! Maybe Cathe will do that next.

Yeah but with sound track like xtrain!
With,that said isnt supercuts like it? I dont know, for i have yet to do it. But i cant wait to try. But i was under the impression it was or the xtrains low impact hiit? I may be wrong. But i love afterburn but i dont do it often because it is so hard and if i had great misic id probly do it more. I have thought about miting it and add my own misic. Not sure if it would work! Maybe Cathe will do that next.
Hi Renee,
Yes, I did Super Cuts (which is super fun by the way) the other day and it is similar but doesn't have as much cardio, or the cardio is not as intense. It is a good one though.
I just really like the format of Afterburn, but you are right about the music.

Thanks for posting....

I would love to see another afterburn! There a quite a few of us on this forum with some degree of arthritis, a few more low intensity, not step (I love step but my knees do not) would be so greatly appreciated.

Count me in for an AB2. I love doing the Bonus Burn Premix. I would also greatly appreciate more low impact but intense workouts. My only druther would be focus on the more simple moves --- in XT's Low Hiit, the last floor segment is not my favorite. Feels awkward being bent down and switching legs (maybe I just need to practice it more?).

I think I already posted earlier but it's been awhile.
Afterburn is still in my top 5 picks - so intense yet gentle on the joints, and I love the length of it -- and the premixes in case I'm short on time or am combining it with another workout.

More Afterburn PLEASE!

Yes! My favourite of ALL of Cathe's videos (or all workout videos for that matter) is Afterburn. I realize that Cardio Supersets is similar and I love it too. But my hands down favourite is Afterburn. More please.

Without a doubt, my favourite workouts are the high intensity low impact videos. Cathe makes is so challenging but one doesn't have to jump too much(which is good for apartment dwellers). I love the way Afterburn and Cardio Supersets uses the discs (love the burpees and various pushups with them). I find Afterburn more challenging than Cardio Supersets which is probably why I love it so much. I never feel as great as when I've just finished Afterburn. (Also, I prefer the longer video--around an hour is ideal. Another also--stick to no step!)

I hate to disagree with another poster, but by far the best music in my opinion was the Low Impact Series. More of that and less of the pop that has been used lately, please. (I prefer instrumental in part because hearing the same song sung over and over will grow old over time--esp. with 'current' pop songs as in XTRAIN.) The music in the Low Impact Series was great period. Hearing the music when the menu comes up and I'm tying my shoes pumps me up!

Fingers crossed for more Afterburn! Thanks for EVERYTHING, Cathe!! What would we do without you?!?!

I adore the whole low impact series. I especially get a lot of use out of both Afterburn and Supersets. I would LOVE more like these with similar music to that used in Xtrain (but also like the music used in the original series).. I would ideally like a whole new low impact set :) (including the spin workout of course). More please Cathe! You are the Best!

Last edited:
Yes! The Low impact series is one of my faves!!!! Afterburn, athletic training, cardio supersets.....and to the max and crossfire! I love the variety, mixture of everything. Sweat flying and not a minute wasted! Best calorie burn out there!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.