Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > VIDEO & DVD ROTATIONS

VIDEO & DVD ROTATIONS Welcome to the Video & DVD Rotations Forum. This is a forum to share your favorite Video/DVD rotations. Cathe will also contribute to this forum by providing one video/DVD rotation per month. To help others benefit from your rotation contribution, please give it a category title. Some examples could be: Strength, Cardio, Circuit, Total Body Strength, Total Body Endurance, All Step, Kickbox, All Upper Body, etc. We would also love to hear what changes you have experienced or are still experiencing while using this special rotation. Thanks for sharing!

Xtrain 30-Day Rotation (strength only)

This is a discussion on Xtrain 30-Day Rotation (strength only) within the VIDEO & DVD ROTATIONS forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I saw this in the w/o manager and now I'm very intrigued . My question is for anyone who has ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By deineira
  • 1 Post By julia.thieschafer
  • 1 Post By nckfitheart2009
  • 1 Post By mini-natty
  • 1 Post By nckfitheart2009
  • 1 Post By fit44
  • 1 Post By mini-natty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

Question Xtrain 30-Day Rotation (strength only)

I saw this in the w/o manager and now I'm very intrigued . My question is for anyone who has done a 6X/week strength only rotation of any kind, what results did you obtain? Did you add cardio?

Please share your experiences!

Thank you,

Natasha
Old 01-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Cathlete

I'm interested in the response to this too!!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Cathlete

Hi Natasha,

I have not personally had any experience with this but it seems like a very common approach for body builders or those who are looking to bulk up. I also follow some bodybuilding stuff, and when they are looking to gain muscle they will eliminate cardio completely, increase calories like crazy, and lift super heavy for 8-12 weeks. During this period they gain quite a bit of weight, muscle *and* fat, because of the extra calories. Then they go into a "cut" phase, where they decrease calories and add cardio, which leans them out. This seems to leave a lot of muscle behind, shed the fat, and voila, you've got more muscle than you had when you started.

Again, this is not something I've done, because lord knows I don't want to gain any weight, even temporarily, but it seems to be relatively common for folks who do a lot of serious weight lifting.

You might check around the bodybuilding.com site to see what you can find there, as those folks are focused on serious strength training.

Eva
Old 02-23-2013, 07:18 PM

Smile 30 Day Strength Finished

Hi all,
I did the 30 day Xtrain Strength rotation from mid-Jan to mid-Feb. I loved it! I tend to prefer weight training to cardio. It pushed me to up my weights and use bands as well. I think my upper body benefited from it more than my legs. I did add some cardio (elliptical machine) and I use my pilates reformer a few times a week as well.

Bottom line, loved it so much I'm on my second round.
mini-natty likes this.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:01 AM
Cathlete
nckfitheart2009's Profile Fields

Question 30 days strength cutting out cardio

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
Hi Natasha,

I have not personally had any experience with this but it seems like a very common approach for body builders or those who are looking to bulk up. I also follow some bodybuilding stuff, and when they are looking to gain muscle they will eliminate cardio completely, increase calories like crazy, and lift super heavy for 8-12 weeks. During this period they gain quite a bit of weight, muscle *and* fat, because of the extra calories. Then they go into a "cut" phase, where they decrease calories and add cardio, which leans them out. This seems to leave a lot of muscle behind, shed the fat, and voila, you've got more muscle than you had when you started.

Again, this is not something I've done, because lord knows I don't want to gain any weight, even temporarily, but it seems to be relatively common for folks who do a lot of serious weight lifting.

You might check around the bodybuilding.com site to see what you can find there, as those folks are focused on serious strength training.

Eva
Thanks Eva for sharing your thoughts on this. I have not experienced such rotation either and I am so glad you have replied to this thread. Based on what you have commented above, I am very skeptical cutting out cardio completely even for a period of time although I have done it in the past. Any addition on the scale is just a no no for me .

To Natasha,

Sorry for hijacking your thread...I have not done this rotation even though I might embark on it in future. Should it happen, I won't cut out cardio completely. 2 per week, no addition to calories and will see how my body respond. Cutting out cardio is just too intriguing . Will definitely report on here!

Thanks for asking this question. It is a good one
mini-natty likes this.

Fitness is not about being better than someone
else. It's about being better than you used to be.

======================================

Nathalie

Last edited by nckfitheart2009; 02-24-2013 at 04:03 AM..
Old 02-24-2013, 06:57 AM
Cathlete

LOL I forgot I made this thread .

I believe that in the spring-summer, I will embark on my own rotation of STS/XT, with a format of working each muscle groups 2X/week. I might limit my cardio to 1X/week, which is OK because I walk upwards of 5+ miles each day in the spring/summer that I am not afraid of gaining weight (most importantly body fat %). All those steps keep me in great shape . I am curious as to how my body will respond to this type of training . I will post my official rotation, and my results in summer .

Take care ladies
nckfitheart2009 likes this.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:59 AM
Cathlete

Thumbs up 2x each muscle group per week/strength training

Hi Natasha,

I was about to ask you a question and your recent reply has partially answered the question. Are you going to workout 6 days with 2x each muscle group and cardio. I think it is okay and do-able.

I am on STS for the first time and I did Meso 1 and 2 for 2x per week on each muscle group. I mainly did short Hiit prior to sts disc, one high impact long step Imax 2 or 3 plus one low impact long steady state cardio. I was fine and did not feel like I was dying .

Now I am on meso3 and have not been able to consistently do the same frequency of workout and I am running late compared to what I planned Not too happy about that.

I have had very good results ( surprisingly I gained overall definition, good definition in my mid back---was not expecting it, plus my scale has finally budged --- I am extremely happy about that) . I am intending to keep the *same* frequency reversing on pyramid meso 2 and meso 3 for 4 weeks only. After that I should not do any STS program for 6 months at least . The thought of coming off STS is not one we all look forward to , not the happiest one cause as we all know, We just love it .

Well I have XTRAIN to fully utilise and I am sure I will love it two...I love cardios I have tried out so far. I won't be embarking on any of official rotation. I will instead do The feb rotation consisting of XTRAIN , cross fire and To the max.

All the best Natasha. Please keep us posted.
mini-natty likes this.

Nathalie
Old 02-24-2013, 10:05 AM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-natty View Post
LOL I forgot I made this thread .

I believe that in the spring-summer, I will embark on my own rotation of STS/XT, with a format of working each muscle groups 2X/week. I might limit my cardio to 1X/week, which is OK because I walk upwards of 5+ miles each day in the spring/summer that I am not afraid of gaining weight (most importantly body fat %). All those steps keep me in great shape . I am curious as to how my body will respond to this type of training . I will post my official rotation, and my results in summer .

Take care ladies
This sounds sensible considering you are not *necessarily* looking to loose weight i.e scale IMO,keep the same eating habit and calories allowance.

All the very best Natasha,

Nathalie

Last edited by nckfitheart2009; 02-24-2013 at 10:07 AM..
Old 02-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-natty View Post
I saw this in the w/o manager and now I'm very intrigued . My question is for anyone who has done a 6X/week strength only rotation of any kind, what results did you obtain? Did you add cardio?

Please share your experiences!

Thank you,

Natasha
I was thinking about trying doubling Xtrain like Dirt Diva did STS.
Maybe give it a try for two weeks to shake things up.

Mon- Chest, Back, Shoulders
Tues-Legs
Wed- Biceps/Triceps
Thurs- Burn Chest, Back, Shoulders
Fri- Cardio Leg Blast
Sat- Burn Biceps/Triceps
Sunday- Rest/stretch
mini-natty likes this.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:27 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit44 View Post
I was thinking about trying doubling Xtrain like Dirt Diva did STS.
Maybe give it a try for two weeks to shake things up.

Mon- Chest, Back, Shoulders
Tues-Legs
Wed- Biceps/Triceps
Thurs- Burn Chest, Back, Shoulders
Fri- Cardio Leg Blast
Sat- Burn Biceps/Triceps
Sunday- Rest/stretch
Ohhh, I like the look of this! Thanks for posting it .
What I love about XT the most is the versatility and flexibility of it. It would be super easy to do a STS/XT rotation. I was also thinking a rotation that went something like this:

Weeks 1-2

D1- STS M1 Chest, Shoulder's & Bi's
D2- STS M1 Legs (any disc)
D3- Rest
D4-XT BS Back & Tri's
D5- STS Plyo Legs (any disc)
D6- STS M1 Chest, Shoulder's & Bi's
D7- XT BS Back & Tri's

Weeks 2-4

D1- STS M2 Chest, Shoulder's & Tri's
D2- XT Legs
D3- Rest
D4- XT BS Back & Bi's
D5- STS M2 Legs (any disc)
D6- STS M2 Chest, Shoulder's & Tri's
D7- XT BS Back & Bi's

I've never done a 6X/week strength only rotation, but I'm willing to give it a try . My only concern is over-training, BUT I am really curious as to how my body will respond to this type of training. I walk so much in the spring/summer, that I am not worried about adding any cardio, really.

Good luck! Please come back and post results when/if you do this
fit44 likes this.

Last edited by mini-natty; 02-28-2013 at 07:31 PM..