What bike do you use?

Gobias

Cathlete
I am so excited about the new series and am doubly excited about the cycle DVD.

However, I have never ridden a bike as exercise. I ride for fun. I have tried at the gym to use some bikes but didn't feel like I got that great of a workout. My guy does spinning classes and rides 100 mile rides on a regular basis. So I don't go with him since he blows by me.

I did buy a trainer I can put my outdoor bike on but haven't used it in years.

But now I want to try cycling for exercise. And I would like to get an indoor bike (not use my trainer).

What bike do you use? What bike do you recommend? What should I look for?

I really don't even know what to look for. This is what I thought of:

-pedals that lock shoes as an option
-bike with option to simulate going up a hill (not just increase the level) (how does this work? Does it have an incline like a treadmill?)
-bike with only one wheel (I notice the gyms spin bikes only have one wheel - why?)
-seat that moves not only forward/back & high/low but that tilts up/down (TMI, but my lady parts hurt after awhile unless I can tilt the seat)
-pre-set programs?
-stores info?
-on wheels for easy movement?
-upright vs. recumbent
-as compact as possible

Thanks for any input.

I have another question. I just did a bunch of research on spin bikes and now I have a headache. Does anyone have a Lemond Revmaster Pro or Sport? Does anyone have a Star Trac Spinner (if so, which model)?

I narrowed it down to those 2 brands. No particular reason. If there is another brand you recommend, please let me know.

I am willing to pay a bit more to get a good bike, but I do not need all the bells and whistles. I just don't want to pay $600 and it have annoying flaws when I could pay $1000 and like it better. (I did research about the seat/pedals/seat & handle adjustments not being easy to use or when the resistance is upped, it feels like riding through mud). However, I did find some that were $2000 - $4000 and am not willing to pay that much.

I wish I could try some in person, but I can't seem to find many retail stores - just online.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.