WALK/RUN

fitgrl

Cathlete
Hi,
I just have another question on the July rotation. It has walk/run for one of the workout days. What if it's not possible to do that.. what video would anyone suggest doing instead of the walk/run. Also, I am in the same shape as someone else here about not having a couple of the video's in the rotation. What workout would I do in place of cardio kicks and circuit max? Sorry for all the questions.

Michelle}(

I wanted to bump this up because I would also like to know what others are doing in place of Walk/Run.

As to your question re: the workouts you don't have, I guess we would need to know if these are the only workouts you are missing of Cathe's?

Hi,
Here is a list of all cathe workouts I own. Which would you say to do in place of circuit max, cardio kicks and the walk/run??

Step Heat
Step Max
Step Jam
Power Max
Step Fit
Step Works
IMAX 2 + CARDIO & WEIGHTS
PYRAMID LOWER & UPPER BODY
BOOT CAMP + MUSCLE ENDURANCE
Step & Intervals
Slow & Heavy Triceps & Biceps
Slow & Heavy Chest & Back
Maximum Intensity Cardio
Pure Strength Strong Legs & Abs
Pure Strength Shoulders, Chest, Triceps
Pure Strength Back, Biceps & Abs
Slow & Heavy Chest & Back
Slow & Heavy Legs & Shoulders
Slow & Heavy Triceps & Biceps
Power Hour
CTX Upper Body
Ab Hits
Step Fit
Body Max
Rhythmic Step
All Step
Step Heat
Step Max
Mega Step Blast
Imax
Maximum Intensity Strength

thanks for the feedback!!:)

Michelle

Hi Michelle,
In place of CircuitMax, I would say you could use BodyMax or possibly Cardio and Weights. (I haven't done C&W yet, but it looks to be similar to Circuit Max.)
Cardio Kicks is a bit more difficult to replace because it is a KickBox oriented tape. It reminds me of Hi/Lo aerobics because of the shuffling that you do in a boxer's stance. Of the Cathe tapes that you have, I would maybe do part one of MIC. This does leave you with only half a workout on that day, however. So something to consider is maybe doing one of your favorite step routines (possibly without the Step) and only do one or two segments to complete your workout. I've done that -especially after coming back from injury, you still get a good workout.

Hope this helps somewhat. I guess I could apply my own advice in regard to a replacement for Walk/Run!! Sometimes the answer is right in front of you.......Oh, BTW - I also have Kathy Smith's Aerobox workout, this would be something you could substitute for Cardio Kicks in a pinch, if you happen to come across a copy somewhere. It's a little slower and more oriented to a beginner -but it has a few good jumprope drills and arm drills. (Not as good as Cathe's, but it would do!)

Have a great 4th!!

Hi: I second the Cardio & Weights as a replacement for Circuit Max. I think Body Max is way too intense and it's already scheduled in there. In terms of Cardiokicks, any Powerstrike would do (if you have those or any other kickboxing type video for that matter).

For the walk/run, I choose to do spinning instead. I hate running. If I couldn't spin, hmmmm I would probably just pick a step tape that I haven't done in a while that's not on the list.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.