Nov 07 ....4 Day Split

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! I hope you enjoyed getting familiar with the new 4 Day Split workouts. The following rotation will help you get excellent results with them. You can expect to develop nice lean muscle mass, muscular strength, muscle contour, as well as burn body fat, calories, and of course, condition your heart. If you are a cardio lover, feel free to add in your choice of cardio on an off day, but it is not necessary. Especially if you are eating clean :7. Also, I have added an occasional Yoga/Pilates/Total Body Stretch day (any workout of your choice in any length or style). These type of workouts are a nice compliment to heavy training. They lengthen muscle fibers, aid in DOMS recovery, and support one of the major components of physical fitness: flexibility.

Enjoy!

WEEK ONE:

Mon: High Intensity Step/Chest & Back

Tue: Kickbox/Legs & Core

Wed: Yoga/Pilates/Stretch of choice

Thurs: Low Intensity Step/Shoulders Calves & Core

Fri: Boot Camp/Bi & Tri

Sat: off or optional cardio of choice

Sun: OFF

WEEK TWO:

Mon: High Intensity Step/Chest & Back

Tue: off

Wed: Kickbox/Legs & Core

Thurs: off or yoga/pilates/stretch

Fri: Low Intensity Step/Shoulders & Calves Core

Sat: off

Sun: Boot Camp Bi & Tri

WEEK THREE:

Mon: OFF

Tues: High Intensity Step/Chest & Back

Wed: Kickbox/Legs & Core

Thurs: Low Intensity Step/Shoulders & Calves Core

Fri: Boot Camp Bi & Tri

Sat: Yoga/Pilates of choice

Sun: OFF

WEEK FOUR:

Mon: Slow and Heavy Legs

Tues: off

Wed: High Intensity Step/Chest & Back

Thurs: Kickbox/Legs & Core

Fri: OFF

Sat: Low Intensity Step/Shoulders & Calves Core

Sun: Boot Camp Bi & Tri

Cathe, I Love the 4-Day Split Rotation!!!!

Cathe:

I love, love, love the 4-Day Split workouts! :7 Thank you for sharing this rotation. It looks great! I love the simplicity of it. :) Yes, I will be adding bonus cardio on the free days! ;-) The double cardio premix is fun, fun, fun! :7

I have the Slow and Heavy Series, but I cannot lift a heavy enough barbell over my head. Should I substitute Gym Style Legs or do the best I can with Slow and Heavy Legs?

Have a fun and blessed day! :*

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

This looks like so much fun! I love the new series, and can't wait to try out these variations with it!

Thanks, Cathe!

Leanne

Thanks Cathe! Looks like another goodie! ;) And thanks for taking time out on such a busy day to get this on so early.

Thanks for posting the rotation today, Cathe. Hope your enjoy your evening with your family..I am looking forward to trying out the new workouts in full. I have done pieces here are there...

RE: Cathe, I Love the 4-Day Split Rotation!!!!

Heather,

I would adjust the weight to meet your abilities and do Slow & Heavy. GS Legs is more of an endurance workout, whereas S&H is more of a strength workout. So drop the weight on the barbell, or use dumbbells and enjoy the challenge of S&H.

HTH!

RE: Cathe, I Love the 4-Day Split Rotation!!!!

Thank you Cathe for a terrific rotation! I love lifting heavy, but am concentrating on high reps. nonstop workouts right now, which frankly, I detest. Thank you for tempting me with this.I am already doing your new cardio workouts, so far Bootcamp is my favorite. You are amazing with all your new ideas to keep us challenged.:)

Slow and Heavy Legs Problem

Mona:

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem I have with Slow and Heavy Legs is NOT that I am unable to match Cathe’s weight. My lower body is actually relatively strong after hauling around all this weight for years. ;-) The problem is that I NEED a heavy barbell for this workout, but I am unable to lift it over my head. When I use a barbell that I can safely lift over my head (repeatedly), my legs are not challenged at all because the reps are so low. Does that make sense?

Don’t tell Cathe, but I actually prefer more endurance-based workouts like Butts and Guts, Gym Style Legs, and Leaner Legs for my lower body. ;-)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Thanks for posting this, Cathe!

I don't own Slow and Heavy Legs, and you've got it listed for Week Four, Monday. What could I sub in place of this? Could I do the leg work from the 4DS KB DVD? Or Butts and Guts?

Hi Cathe,

Thank you again for a great rotation challenge. I call this a challenge because I am trying not to start this new series until after Christmas.

I am currently rotating between S&H, GS and pyramids for a 12 week period. This rotation will change things up perfectly when the time comes.}(

I will be looking forward to Christmas just like one of my kids. ;-)

Sincerely,

Cathe -- Thank you so much for this wonderful rotation. And I love that you added in a day of yoga/pilates/stretch each week. I had just made the decision a couple days ago to add that back into my program -- it's been sorely lacking in my program in recent months.

How perfect that you added it in this rotation. Now I don't have to modify anything to fit it in. Thanks a bunch! :)

Marla

Hi Cathe,

Thanks for your rotations! I look forward to doing these. I love the 4DS, especially kickboxing. I just feel soooo good after doing that workout. Actually, I feel really good after I've done any of your workouts.

-Nenita

Wow...that's a lot of cardio. I do some form of HIIT for 30 minutes twice a week and that is it.

Anyone else on the low side of cardio. I HATE cardio and when I try to do more than 2 days a week...I land up dropping it all together.

Michelle

Cathe -- Thank you so much for this wonderful rotation. And I love that you added in a day of yoga/pilates/stretch each week. I had just made the decision a couple days ago to add that back into my program -- it's been sorely lacking in my program in recent months.

How perfect that you added it in this rotation. Now I don't have to modify anything to fit it in. Thanks a bunch! :)

Marla

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.