"new" question for Fitnessfreak

michefit

Cathlete
Hi Debbie,
I haven't posted to you before - as I am relatively new to posting on the forums but have been reading them for at least a year now. I know you are infamous for your rotations - and I really think the Dec '08 rotation looks like an awesome challenge that will tie my over in January (unless you make a similar January one) until STS arrives. Anyway here is my question:

Some of the days suggest repeating a weight segment (ie 4DS back and bi's) Does it matter if you repeat each round (at a time) as you progress through - or if you complete the whole segment and then repeat from the beginning? Is there more of an advantage to repeating the rounds back to back? Just wondering...Thank you in advance!

LOL! I am actually surprised no one who is doing this rotation has asked me this question.

With the way I have it set up, the first week is more beneficial to do the workouts the way I suggest. I feel that you keep the emphasis on that particular muscle and work it to fatigue.

With Week 3, the workouts are more in superset fashion so to do them once and them redo them over again is the best way to do them. It's too confusing to keep repeating a superset. Same with Week 4.

Thanks Debbie! I am glad I asked a question that isn't a repeat - I was reading the responses on the Check-in forums to the GS chest and triceps premix that you repeat in its entirety for Dec. 22. Can't wait to try that - I did chest and triceps as is today - and that is always a toughie - especially the transition exercise (close-grip presses). Can't imagine repeating that premix -but it is apparently doable! Looking forward to the challenge! Anyway thanks for a great rotation and have a wonderful Christmas!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.