low max opinion

melly76

Cathlete
hi,
i just wondered if people can give there opinions and description of the low max workout.i've already decided on low impact circuit,high reps and mma boxing and travel fit but can't decide on this one.i have hip bursitis so have to keep low impact when i return to training(can't wait,fingers crossed)but have readmixed reviews about it been difficult to pick up.i obviously don't wanttoo many step dvds but am undecided.can you help to describe the workout better and what it involves,premixes etc.many thanks everyone,mel

Hi Melly,
Low Max is one of my favorite dvds. I love it because it's low impact, which I need a few times a week ;) but it's still a good workout. Basically the rundown is this: 7 cycles, each cycle consisting of a few minutes of moderate cardio, followed by a few minutes of blasts. The blasts are more like cardio/legs...you'll do lunge pulses w/ kicks, squats, outer thigh lifts...etc. Basically, they'll up your heart rate a bit (but not sky rocket it, in my opinion) + you get some good lower body work in.

Difficulty level...I'd rate it as an 8....I don't think it's challenging as workouts like Body Max 2 or Imax 3....but I love Low Max b/c the choreography isn't too tricky and it's just fun. :) Oh, and I like the music too. :p Personally, I pick this dvd up a lot and sometimes have to make myself go to other dvds to mix it up a bit.

Hope that helps! :)

thankyou that does.when you say legs out to the side,there isn't too much of that is there?Also do you have the low imapct circuit is that slightly harder?The body 2 is that low impact?Many thanks,mel

There is a whole blast with leg abductions. You can sub knee repeaters if abductions bother you. The cardio/leg blasts aren't too intense for an int/adv exerciser. The step combos are broken down and repeated a lot before she puts them together. Just watch it a few times and take it one combo at a time. The combos become less complex as the program progresses. Each combo has its own style. There are 2 premixes that cut the workout in half, and then one that is step combos only, and one that is blasts only. So nice variety to choose from.
Body Max 2 has a power circuit section that is high impact on the blast parts. Again you can just skip those if it hurts. There is plenty of good old school stepping that can keep you busy in that workout. I use the premixes mainly because it's rare that I have 90 minutes to workout. The cardio premixes make it into my rotation on a regular basis.

Low Max is a great workout. It would probably suit you well because it doesn't have any high impact. I have bursitis in my hips as well. When I was first diagnosed with it 6 years ago, it was so bad I had trouble walking. Shortly after that I discovered Cathe and I worked out despite the pain. I have very little problems with the bursitis now. As long as I exercise regularly, I have no problems. As soon as I start to slack with the workouts, it flares right up. I hope the workouts help you as well.

Ashley

Hi Mel
I am also limited to low impact due to back problems I can only do a very small amount of high impact and have to do that very tactfully....
Low Max is a great workout, the music is great and it is fun and a good hard work out. It is a step workout so is mainly cardio and working the legs there is no ab work and limited arm work. I would definitely recommend Low Max as part of your low impact rotation.
Low impact circuit is a fantastic balanced workout using step, and weights working the whole body, arms, legs, abs the whole enchilada. This is the best low impact workout I have found on the market so far.
There is also a low impact circuit pre mix included in the 4 day split DVD set.
Let me know if you find any more good low impact workouts :)
Amanda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.