KK's March Rotation

Netta

Cathlete
Good morning Karen, Rhea, Natalie & Jeanie:

This morning it was Cardio & Weights for me (without abs). Fun workout as usual. Yesterday afternoon I came home and did about 40 minutes of cardio from Kickmax and KPC. Egads, I felt I was so bloated with water as it's now TTOM. Seems like I was retaining throughout my body, but especially in my legs and butt. Already down a couple of pounds today. I had been using Vitamin B something around that time per someone's suggestion, but have run out and need to buy more as I don't remember blowing up this much before. What is the purpose in our bodies retaining water during this time anyway? Thanks, Karen, for the water suggestions.

Today (yes, we have snow on the ground) is a bike ride after work. I'm going in early today with the hope that the roads will be melted and plowed by 4:30 this afternoon as I believe it will be around 40 degrees. Probably our only chance to ride outside this week is today as we're getting some more snow tomorrow and Friday. Think I will go skiing on Saturday or Sunday. We'll have to play it by ear.

Karen, yes, it is good of my boss to let me flex my time on bike riding days. I'm sure he'll be wondering why I came in early today with the snow out, but I am optimistic that the roads will be clear in the afternoon. I've not had a great time with this guy as a boss. Won't go into it here. I do appreciate the accomodation and told him so the other day.

Hope everyone has good workouts today. I ate really cleanly yesterday even though goodies were brought into the office. I didn't have any and drank lots of water so felt good about that.

Must go now,

Jeanette

Good morning!

Sometimes I wonder if the weather affects the water retention. I was very unhappy being 3 lbs up this morning when I've been eating pretty clean for the past week. Of course, I did have sausage fingers again, so I figure it is that water culprit. So today, I'm drinking more water instead of holding it in my fingers. Also cut back on the coffee.

Hopefully I'll have a longer workout this evening when I finally get home. I'm a little frustrated right now since I worked through my lunch with the intention of getting off early. However, I'm the only attorney left (boss left early and other co-worker is on vacation) so I got stuck with some arraignments at 4:00. Err. I guess I'll just leave from the jail to straight home and jump on the bandwagon.

Hi Jeanette & Rhea -- Jeanie & Natalie!:)

I've wondered the same thing, Rhea, on water -- if the weather affects it -- I know here in Florida, I can hardly slide my wedding ring on and off my finger and usually it's loose... And it's so very, very humid here.

That's great about the 3 pounds, Jeanette. I think it's B5, isn't it, that helps with water retention? It's either B5 or B6, and I think it's B5 -- had forgotten about that -- maybe I should take some myself.

Well done on your clean eating -- I know how hard that can be -- same for you, Rhea -- not sure what sausage fingers are, but they sound delicious but perhaps not clean eating.:+

Jumped to the wrong conclusion about the boss, didn't I, Jeanette? Sorry. I can only hope that things get better. I wish that for you.

Gosh, and you, too, Rhea -- caught at work. Well, hope the workout went really well.

The Cathe rotation looks good. Unfortunately until I'm home, my time is limited and so I'll probably keep to my scheduled rotation. But I think I'll save this one -- looks like a winner.

Tomorrow is my scheduled rest day -- I'll probably make it an active rest day. Oh, my workout today was Supersets -- I'm getting to like that workout more and more -- it's different.

Well, have a super day, everyone and terrific workouts -- and may we all lose these lingering (well, lingering for me anyway) few pounds.:7

Woke up too late to get a full workout in, but reached for my trusty CTX DVD and did Step and Intervals. Its a fun and intense workout for 1/2 hour. Karen, if you don't have CTX, I highly recommend it. It's just so usable.

Yesterday's bike ride was fairly easy as another girlfriend joined us and she's only been out on the bike once before (this year) so she's not in the shape we are. We kept it slow for her but had a great time! We were lucky to have good weather to cycle in as another storm is upon us and there is snow outside the door this morning when I put the dogs out. Other people look at us crazy to be out in the cold like we are, but I know they are the ones missing out, not us. I've heard it said there is no bad weather, only inadequate clothing. Of course, I do draw the line in really extreme conditions.

Rhea, sorry you had to work late. It's always a bummer when you're not expecting it. I sympathize greatly on the sausage fingers thing, but there is hope, though I never feel like it when I'm bloated with water. I think I always worry that this time it won't go down and that I'll lose control of my weight even though I work out and eat well. However, I'm happy to say I've lost all of the 4 pounds of water weight that I gained. I will definitely go buy the vitamin B5 or is it B6 that I was using before. I just took them near the time of TTOM.

Karen, enjoy your active rest day. Today is my first day going in at 7 and out at 5 this afternoon. Glad my boss will accomodate on the days I want to cycle. Last night DH and I went to my folks house for a nice dinner. We had a great time with them. Think next week we will go to see 8 Below with them. Should be fun.

Enjoy your workouts, there are so many good ones out there!

Jeanette

Good morning all!

I want to go see 8 Below too. I don't know if I can talk DH into though.

Yesterday's workout was great. I did the EFM from TLT and heavied up a bit on some of the exercises. I did struggle a bit on form with the heavier weight, but it is time to up weights since the lower weight didn't really do much. I also added on my short Turbo Jam workout that is only 20 minutes. By the time you get into it, it is over. I like that sometimes. Especially after a full body workout. So today is a full cardio day. I think I will do Cathe's MIC. I haven't done that one for a while (probably because of the dread factor in that one)

Have great workouts today!

Hi Jeanette & Rhea & Natalie & Jeanie!:)

Rhea, you made me laugh. The dread factor in MIC -- I know. I get it, too. I, also, haven't done that one for a while.

Jeanette, that's really great that you lost those 4 pounds -- I'm struggling with my weight right now -- have gained 2 lbs (and was already 2 lbs heavy) and it just seems to stick around -- today I drank water, and more water, and more water even yet -- plus, I remembered about the book, YOUR BODY'S MANY CRIES FOR WATER that he recommends salt -- and here in Florida, you really need salt and potassium, I'm told -- so we'll see how that goes.

Yes, the CTX series is next on my list -- just preordered the new series and now have all the blast and most of the HardCore and so I do believe that CTX is next. It was the CTX All Step that first introduced me to Cathe -- that and the forum over at FitPrime. And I remember really liking that one.

Do you know what 8 below is about? I'm so out of it movie wise...

Remember once when I lived in Vermont, the temperature in February was 28 below, I believe -- with a wind chill factor making it more like 50 or 60 below. I recall running from house to car and car to house as quickly as one possibly could.:eek:

Hope you'll have fun with your folks and the movie -- sounds like fun, Jeanette.

It was a good rest day for me, but unfortunately not too active a rest day -- I spent the day working on the tour which includes making many, many phone calls and so I mostly was sitting around all day -- I'll be happy to get into IMAX -- goodness -3 -- tomorrow. On a 4" platform.

Have a super day everyone and terrific and effective workouts.:7

Good morning ladies,
It's a white morning outside, just got done feeding my horse. Not real cold though. I'm looking for a gap in the weather so I can drive to Reno for skiing in the morning. Looks like Saturday will be the better day of the weekend from what I'm seeing on TV.

8 Below has sled dogs in it, not sure of more than that. My DH is a sucker for our dogs so anything like that will appeal to him.

Karen, I just did a little reading and it says B6 to help with menstrual water retention, 250 mg. I believe. That's what I was taking before and ran out a couple months ago, so had better buy some to help with this as this month was terrible. Glad it's gone now.

Today's workout was TLT's Better Burn, Better Buns, with Tracie Long leading it. I really like this one and did it with a 5# dumbbell as I'm learning the moves better. This one just hits areas that I normally don't reach, that's why I can feel it so much. I notice on these DVD's that there are lots of cueing and form tips, which I also like.

Karen, I hear next week will be good weather in Florida! Wish we had some sunshine here. Imax3, hope you enjoy it. Rhea, do you like the Turbo workouts? What are they and how are they different than Cathe's? I'm interested.

Must go shower and do a little housework. DH has been keeping the kitchen cleaned up so I don't have to worry about that. Have a great weekend.

Jeanette

Well, I don't know what happened to me yesterday, but in the afternoon, my body decided to rebel. My intestinal system went nutsoid and I was completely exhausted. I didn't even try to work out. I took a nap and even better went to bed early. I'm better today, but not sure if I'll push it or not for working out. Could be the cleaner eating which ends up being lower carb is effecting me at the moment. I'll probably be better when my body adjusts.

Well, enjoy the snow (again) Jeanette...Karen relish the warmth of Florida and both of you have a great weekend.

Natalie - if you happen to pop in, hope you are doing great too!

Hi Rhea & Jeanette, Natalie & Jeanie!:)

Enjoyed IMAX3 today -- wasn't going to do the whole workout, but ended up doing it anyway. On the 4" platform, it's getting to be kinda fun -- not as fun as IMAX2, however.

Oh, okay -- it's B6 -- maybe I need some of that, too. I know I'm retaining water, too.

Rhea, I'm sorry you had some stomach trouble. Darn. Hopefully, it will all clear up soon. You'll let us know, right?

Nice weather will be great -- although the weather here really isn't bad -- it's just humid.

Snow sounds like fun, too, though -- also at least you have the four seasons, which I sometimes miss -- although where I live in LA, cause it's a liitle higher up, we do have four seasons -- although fall lasts the longest and is the prettiest.

Hope you have a fun weekend, Rhea and Jeanette -- and enjoy 8 below -- heard someone talking about it today, of all things -- and said they enjoyed it.

It's PUB up only and a short run for me tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everybody!!

Hi Jeanette, Karen, Jeanie and Rhea,

I'm going to start the March rotation today which is Saturday in hopes that it will get me off for a more consistent workout schedule for this month. I'm going skiing as well on Monday so will sub that for the posted workout. It's cold, clear, and windy here but the trees are starting to bloom so spring in almost here.

I haven't had the water retention issue, just the FAT retention but I know it's b/c my workout time has been cut short all month.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Natalie

Hi all!

So glad to see you again Natalie. Sure hope you can get a consistent workout going. I know how it is with family and work.

Well, just popped in to say went skiing today and did a workout! Skiing was awesome...beautiful but cold. Fresh powder from yesterday's storm. Didn't stay real long. Lots and lots of people. I've actually never seen that many people at Mt. Rose. Was even busy for the early birds like us. I might have to play hookey this week if I can. ;)

Hi everyone!

It's great to see you, Natalie, and I'm sure the rotation will be just the ticket you've been needing.

Hmmm. Rhea, that skiing sounds wonderful, simply wonderful. Hookey might be the way to go.;)

Just popped on to say that the workout today was longer than usual -- had a package at the UPS store, so I ran there and back and then did PUB -- up only -- good workout actually.

The hip is so much better -- but I think I'll still build back up to those sprints.

Tomorrow is Legs & Glutes or PLB -- one or the other -- I like both workouts. Have a fabulous Sunday and great workouts and terrific skiing.:7

Good morning ladies:

Today was ME Upper Body Premix for me. I enjoyed it and haven't lost any strength since adding in the TLT's. Haven't done ME for some time so it was nice. Have a bike ride later this morning, hope it's not too windy.

Yesterday, I went skiing at Mt. Rose. Didn't see you Rhea, but yes, there were lots of people there, but never had a line to wait in. I removed the old lift ticket on my powder blue bibs (no one had that color there!) and it said 1994 on it so I guess it's been 12 years since I last went. I bought the lift/rental/lesson package and it was good. Also gives me 1/2 price for the next one, which I hope to do again soon. It was a beautiful day up there. Oh yeah, I was in a lesson with 2 people from Janesville, both work at HDSP, the wife I'm slightly acquainted with.

Natalie, the March rotation looks good. I may try it at a later time. For now, I'm doing a mix of Cathe/TLT and bike rides. I did order the Slim Series and will probably alternate them with more cardio as Kathryn on this site does when I receive them.

Must go get ready for the bike ride.

Great weekend to everyone.

Jeanette

Since I need to lose a little weight -- I'd be happy losing a couple of pounds, I did only Legs & Glutes standing legs and then went for a power walk -- since I had run yesterday, I just did a power walk -- it felt good.

Wow! 12 years since you last went skiing -- of course, it's been longer for me -- last time I was in Vermont...about 15-16 years ago.

Have a dentist appointment (I either chipped a tooth or a filling fell out) first thing in the morning and so probably won't get a workout in -- so I think I'll just schedule that as my day off and hope to make it an active day off.

So next week's rotation:

Monday: Off

Tuesday: IMAX 2

Wednesday: Push/Pull, plus cardio -- probably a power walk

Thursday: All cardio day -- one of Cathe's step workouts and one of Cathe's stretches

Friday: IMAX 3 on 4" platform

Saturday: PUB -- up only and a power walk

Sunday: Legs & Glutes -- standing only and a 20 minute run

Am just going to try to up the cardio a little and see if I can help (along with eating less) to lose a couple of lbs.

It's been a while since I've done ME, as well, and your mentioning it makes me want to do it again, Jeanette.

Have a terrific workout, everyone and a super day.

Hi Karen, Rhea, Natalie & Jeanie:

Today was a mish mosh of different cardio for a total of 1 hour: CTX All Step, MIC hi/lo and Imax2. I'm feeling a little sore today from the skiing on Saturday. Did a 28 mile bike ride with 2 others yesterday, stopping 1/2 way for coffee and conversation. Very nice. Came home, did some housework and then rode my horse. We were supposed to get some bad weather yesterday and today, so far I can see the deck is wet.

Tomorrow is a trip to Tahoe for DH's dr. appointment. Hoping we don't have too much snow.

Tomorrow I will do TLT's Strength in Movement. I've done this one once and really liked it a lot.

This week will be really busy for me, Monday work and seeing 8 Below in the evening, Tuesday trip to Tahoe, Wedn. bike ride after work, Thursday trip to Reno after work for Alison Kraus concert at the Hilton and Friday have to work as the 2 other gals are gone on training.

Must go now, good workouts to everyone.

Jeanette

Wow you do look busy this week Jeanette!

ACtually, come to think of it, I'll be pretty busy. Bunco tomorrow night at my house, Thursday is Sorority and this weekend is my niece's b-day. Well, on second thought, not that busy. ;)

Yesterday was SIM and Cathe's basic step. Today is Body Max. Haven't done that one for a while.

I'm now back to writing down what I put in my mouth and even the workout stats. Something has to give.

Have a great workout everyone!

Well, today was easy for me -- just saw the dentist -- didn't have to get any drilling or anything, thank goodness -- and no tooth was chipped or filling falling out -- just a bit of an exposed root. Isn't always easy going to the dentist. x(

Jeanette, what a great day it sounds like you had -- and certainly active -- a bike ride (which sounds so pleasurable) and house work and riding your horse. And it does sound like a busy week -- but a fun one, too. Seeing 8 below and Alison Kraus -- I love her -- are you also a Counry Music fan?

Rhea, don't know, but it sounds busy to me. Actually I love Body Max -- it's one of my favorite Cathe workouts, but I don't have it with me because I only have it on video -- not on DVD. But I just ordered Step Blast and the other Step workout that goes with that -- whcn my hubby comes here mid-March, I hope he'll bring it to me.

Anyway, tomorrow is IMAX2 -- always one of my favorites and I'm looking forward to it.

Well, once again, it's late and I must to bed. Have one heck of a good day tomorrow, everyone, and terrific workouts.:7

Hi Karen, Rhea, Natalie & Jeanie,

Today was TLT's Strength In Movement which I really like. We are driving up to Tahoe today and it's pretty white outside so it may be slower going. We'll just take it easy.

Went to see 8 Below last night with my folks. Everyone enjoyed it. I ate that theatre popcorn and am regretting it today, feeling all puffy in my face. Will do better today with the salt and lots of water.

Karen, glad the dentist didn't have to do much to your tooth. About a year ago, I had a tooth that was bothering me off and on. Got to be a regular thing every day. I went to the dentist and after x-raying they found that I grind my teeth and that was flexing my tooth, causing pain. Once I started being aware of any clenching I was doing, also not eating carrots on that side of my mouth, and using a toothpaste for sensitive teeth, the pain has gone away and only RARELY shows up.

Karen, yes, I'm a country music fan and love Alison Kraus's stuff. I hear she puts on a real good show. Her musician's (Union Station) are top notch too.

Well, must get ready for our trip.

Jeanette

Hi Jeanette & Rhea & Jeanie & Natalie!:)

Wow! And you're going to see Alison Kraus in person -- I didn't know that Union Station was her back up band -- is that the Union Station I'm thinking about from the 70's and 80's? Have a super time.

Yeah, I stay away from theatre popcorn -- a) it's probably GMO corn and b) all kinds of chemicals they put on it to make it that color -- not to mention the toxic kind of salt used and some sort of buttery chemical stuff that's probably hydrogenated and a trans fat. (Did I make it sound as unappetizing as possible?);-) I've taken to munching on raisens and nuts or cheese or something -- gotta have something at those theatres, it seems.

Anyway, am so glad that you are liking and enjoying the TLT's -- I'm really interested, too -- I'll probably stock up my Cathe workouts first, since cost is an issue with me -- and I think I'm going to stock up on the CTX series next -- then go from there.

Hope the drive to the doctors went well and that you're enjoying all that white stuff.:)

Today was IMAX2 and it played well for the very first time -- the picture matched the voice and music for the first time -- maybe the DVD just had to get used enough to make it play well...

Tomorrow is Push/Pull -- shorter full body strength workout -- and a bit of cardio -- probably a walk -- or a walk/run. Am trying to do cardio each day this week in some form or another to try to get off these 2 pounds I've put on.

Anyway, have a terrific day tomorrow and wonderful workouts everyone!:7

This morning's workout was CTX Kickbox and then the floor section of PLB. Total workout around 50 minutes including stretch. I have a bike ride after work today with a girlfriend. Today looks like a break in the wintery weather we've been having.

Yesterday's trip to Tahoe was good, with just wet roads and no snow to drive thru. DH's dr. seemed happy with the range of movement that DH has been getting with PT. He's letting DH go back to work in another 2 weeks (light duty), with probably a month more of PT (1-2 times a week). On the way back to Susanville, we stopped and saw my old riding instructor and then stopped again to visit another friend in that area. Very nice to catch up a little and see my friends!

Today is a pancake breakfast at work. Boy, always something, huh? Karen, you're right about the popcorn of course. What can I say? I'm glad you're getting CTX as it's so versatile for filling short segments with intense workouts. Step Blast is another one that I want to order too as I do like the longer steady state cardio workouts like RS. Push/Pull sounds good too.

I'm enjoying my TLT's and have not noticed any lack of definition on arms. They are looking good at the present moment, but that can change at any time with water retention, sigh. DH is going to pick up some Vitamin B6 today as I think that will help with the menstrual water retention issue. I also picked up an issue of Oxygen at the store yesterday. Haven't had time to look at it yet, but DH did. He likes the athletic look on the women, but not the body builder look. I agree with him on that.

Must run and go in to work early this morning to help set up for the pancake breakfast. Did I say they were sourdough pancakes? A lady at work makes them and they are screaming!

Jeanette

:+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.