KK's February Rotation

Netta

Cathlete
Hi Karen, Rhea, Natalie & Jeanie:

Wow, February already! We're flying!!!

Yesterday's dr. appoint. up at Tahoe for DH was good, but short. They took out his stitches and told him to start moving the shoulder A LITTLE. We then go back in 2 weeks. I think after the 2 weeks he will start working it more. Glad I have Family Sick leave to use.

When we got home, I got my bike out and did a spin of 16 miles. It was cold, probably not the best thing for my lungs, but I'm feeling fine. Temp was 37 degrees when I got back home. Brrr.

Today was CTX Kickbox and then most of the floor section of GS Legs. I've kind of been doing more leg work and it's starting to work again. My cardio is not back to where it should be yet, but time will help as the symptoms from this cold ease up.

Today is a potluck at work (again). I made some PB cookies last night to bring. First time I've made cookies in a couple years I think. I just don't bake much any more, unless for a special occasion.

Karen, hope your date with your DH was/is/will be good. When do you go up north? So good your workouts are working out with the laptop.

Must go now.

Jeanette :7

Hi all!

Just a quick note to say hi and glad everyone is one the mend or at least still in great health. I'm just pluggin away at work for trial next week. Not even ready yet, but already wishing I was completely done. Been doing just Turbo Jams lately for the stress relief.

Have a great day!

Hi Jeanette & Rhea & Natalie & Jeanie!:)

Rhea, so good to see you here -- have been wondering about you and how you're doing. Am glad you're able to do the turbo jams during this period -- bet they help -- at least a little -- the stress -- but go get 'em, girl. We're rooting (hope that's spelled right) for you.

Jeanette -- Yea, that is so good to hear about your DH -- I bet the spin was fun anyway -- probably over all good for you -- even despite the cold temperature -- at least you got out there doing the things that you love. Oh, my gosh -- pot luck... Sounds heavenly fattening...:9 Hope it went okay and that your cookies were a smash.

Geez, I'm going to have to get the CTX -- it's just looks like too much fun.

For me today, it was a sprint 8 outside -- kept at it for only about 35 minutes, including a warm up and cool down and stretch -- didn't have alot of time -- and can't wait until I can get a little more time. But most of all, am really looking forward to seeing my DH this weekend.:D

Well, have a good one, terrific workouts and some good, productive (but not stressful production) days.:7

Rhea, good to hear from you and glad you are doing the Turbos. I'm eyeing the TLT series, just haven't pushed the button yet to order.

Karen, yet the CTX is really useful. I can see you definitely incorporating it as it has short segments, but boy are they intense. The weekend is almost here and you will soon have your DH near!!! What are you doing with your days? Is it a training or relaxation time?

Well, the potluck yesterday was good (of course), but I am up the highest in my weight I've ever been (except before losing weight and having a baby)!!! Back on Fitday and back to clean eating. This cold has really messed me up, though today I feel pretty good. I did ME upper body premix only for about 50 minutes. Tomorrow I plan on doing a longer bike ride (need some cardio!!!) so I didn't do any leg work today as it's the pits riding with weak/sore legs. Tomorrow should be warmer too and I'm looking forward to being on the bike in warmer weather. I originally had a long bike ride (60 miles) planned down in the valley, but this cold has taken the air out of me and don't think I can keep up with or have the endurance of the others that were going from Susanville. Bummer. But I am hoping to hook up with another girl to do a ride on Sunday. Have to check today to see if that will happen.

Good workouts everyone.

Jeanette

Good morning!

Glad it is warming up here. I like winter, but spring is definately on its way.

Did Low Max yesterday. I put a lot of energy into it and burned tons of calories and have sore rear, which is good I guess. I'll know better when I try to get up from my desk! LOL

Well, back to the grind. I've got to stop proscrastinating and get to work.....;(

Glad that you really put alot into LowMax, Rhea -- don't you just love feeling it, though...x( well, sort of... At least you know for certain that you worked out.

Hubby and I are going to take it easy -- have a little vacation with each other -- and just enjoy each other's company -- I might be here another few weeks -- I am doing some training, but also some relaxation, as well -- sort of recouping. I should be writing, but I'm not -- am concentrating instead (when I concentrate) on promotion for the new book in April.

Jeanette, is the upper body premix in ME about 50 minutes? I love ME and did it today from memory -- but again, because I was pressed for time , I skipped the last leg segment -- but did all the upper body and the other two segments -- ME continues to be one of my favorite workouts -- even when only done from memory.:eek:

I hear you, Jeanette, about the legs -- but am really glad that you're keeping up with your biking. I know it's hard, but probably shouldn't fret over the weight -- when you're sick, one tends to put on water weight, that should come off fairly easily once you're all well and back in the groove, so to speak. But if it were me, I'd probably watch what I ate anyway and drink loads of water. Water is kind of my ace in the hole -- when the weight goes up, the water gets drunk more and more.

Anyway, gotta run. Have a terrific Friday, everyone and wonderful workouts.:7

Hi Rhea,
Yes, it's going to be warmer today, thank goodness, not that it's been all that cold, just tired of it is all. Low Max is a good one and always makes me really sweat. Must be from moving these heavy legs. Take care. By the way, I ordered the TLT DVD's yesterday. What do you think of them?

Jeanette

Good morning Karen, Rhea, Natalie & Jeanie:

My day off today, just got done with my workout which was the first 2 combos from RS. Didn't want to overdo too much as I'm going to ride my bike outside today when it warms up more. Looking forward to it to see if the cardio on the bike is better than earlier in the week. The cold is slowly getting better. To describe it, it's like my upper airway (mouth/throat area) is swollen and doesn't let enough air in, unless I open my mouth wider. Think this is from the irritation of nasal discharge down the back of my throat for so long.

I ordered all 4 of the TLT DVD's yesterday. Previewed the clips again this morning and I'm looking forward to them. Think they will get me in different areas of my body than what I'm used to.

Karen, have a great time relaxing with your DH this weekend. Hope the weather is good too. Oh yeah, the 50 minutes (approx.) in upper body of ME premix included the warmup, abwork and stretch at the end.

I was pretty good about what I ate yesterday, drank lots of water and was down in weight today. Not worried about it, but hate it when it creeps up as it would so easily like to do. I've been doing some reading on menopause on the boards and it seems like so many women battle their weight as they approach this time. Wonderful. Only symptoms I seem to have now are some insomnia and some heart flutterings now and then (not a racing heartbeat, but more like a skipped beat).

Well, must get some errands done. I need to call the health insurance company and also Calif. State Disability (pray for me, I don't want to be on hold forever, LOL). I'll check in later on the bike ride. Also have a bike ride (short 20 miler with a girlfriend) on Sunday around noon. We should be done in time to watch the game. Don't want to miss the commercials you know.

Good workouts y'all!

Jeanette :7

Hi Everybody!

Jeanette, that cold doesn't sound like much fun. Hopefully it will be gone soon -- very soon. But I really admire you for getting out there in the cold with it -- especially considering that you have to open your mouth to get in what feels like enough air.

Wow! You ordered the TLC's. Can't wait for your reviews of them -- once I'm done here and back home and in my groove, I think I'd like to try them, too -- they really sound like fun.

It was IMAX2 for me today and my body thanked me for it -- with all the running I've been doing, I realized I haven't been doing much plyometric work -- so this really hit the spot today.

Probably will take the day off from exercise tomorrow -- and am up late -- or should I say early tonight -- or rather today -- oh, my goodness how good it feels to have my DH here -- love it.

I'm on the other side of menopause and discovered some very natural wasy to beat the symptoms of menopause -- including (for me) the incredible headaches I got with it. -- It's an herbal supplement and it really did the trick for me. When you're ready for it and if you're interested, I'll let you know the company and you can go on line and check them out.

Anyway, have a terrific weekend -- wonderful workouts, too!:7

Good morning ladies:

Saturday morning, just did a workout but felt like doing something different so did my Gilad shoulders, biceps, triceps and abs. You know, I did these before I started doing Cathe and you'd think they were easy. But I did weights almost as heavy as the guys do and this was a tough workout. Think they are just different than what I'm used to. Also, I really felt it in the abs, just different. Makes me think the TLT's will be good because they will hit different muscles than what mine are used to. Anyways, it was a good workout this morning, feel a nice warmth in the shoulders and it didn't take very long.

Yesterday, I rode my bike 32 miles. I can tell the cold has had an effect on my cardio but more than anything, my legs got fatigued as I really haven't done many miles lately. It's all muscle memory, though, and will come back quickly I'm sure. Saw about 5 other riders out on the road yesterday. Everyone was enjoying the 50's temps. Plan on riding tomorrow with a girlfriend or two. Maybe hook up with more riders at the same time. Plan on doing about 20 miles or so as some of the riders have slacked off for the winter and just getting back into it. Anyway, felt good to be outside.

Batted 1000 on my phone calls yesterday (Blue Shield, state disability, pharmacy) so felt good about that. DH and I rented The Wedding Crashers and Ocean's 11. I really liked TWC but didn't realize I'd gotten the older (Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr.) version of Ocean's 11.

Have housework to do today. My cold is getting better. Karen, my TLT's are scheduled for 2/9/06 arrival. Think they will be a good change. Thanks for the offer of answering menopausal questions. I will probably take you up on it as they develop. Hopefully, I won't have to for a while. Enjoy DH's visit, Karen.

Good workouts and a fun and productive weekend for everyone!

Jeanette

Hello everyone!

Jeanette - I love the TLTs. Different in that they train you for functional moves. I don't get a lot of calorie burn from them and it will be a couple of times apiece before I get the form down correct enough to get the right "burn." Form is very important in these type workouts. Tight core is one of the first things to check when correcting....

Well, I'm sitting here at work on this lovely Sunday afternoon. Got to get back to a few more things on my closing argument and then home to workout. Talk to y'all later.

Hi Rhea,
Bummer that you're at work today. I got a bike ride in with friends today. We rode past your house and saw the Mor furniture truck there (twice now I've seen it). Did you get new furniture?

Rode my horse this afternoon too. Told my DH what a good day it's been. I'm looking forward to the TLT's. Thanks for the tips.

Jeanette

Hi Ladies,
Today I did Charlene Prickett's High Intensity Low Impact cardio workout. It was kind of fun. I hadn't done it since I found Cathe. Actually, I did about 45 minutes of it and then did Winsor Pilates 20 minute. Don't think that was intense enough. Just doing some different stuff this week.

Did a 25 mile bike ride with 8 riders, ending up at our local Starbucks. It was fun and a great day, afterwards rode my horse.

Talk at you tomorrow.

Jeanette

Good morning Karen, Rhea, Natalie & Jeanie:

Am doing a leg rotation this week that I did last summer.

Here it is:

Monday: GS Legs Timesaver #1, Hi-Lo from CTX Power Circuit and Hi-Lo from CTX 10-10-10, abs from CTX Power Circuit

Tuesday: GS Legs (floor only) and Imax 2 Intervals 1-4

Wedn. PUB and cycling in evening (about 1 hour ride)

Thurs. PLB and Coremax premix #1

Friday: Legs & Glutes/KPC premix and some upper body work tacked on

Saturday: Cycling

Sunday: Rest

If I can, I'll try to add in some more abwork and upper body work.

Hope everyone has a good day today.

Jeanette

Hi all!

I was at work when the Mor furniture guy was there and DH forgot, so he wasn't home. We had to rescedule. No new furniture, just replacement of the bar for defects. We've had three, each one keeps having something wrong with it.....chipped corners, warped doors.

Did Turbo Jam live, Turbo Jam Booty sculpt/abs and then about 10 minutes of Cathe's low impact step ( I pooped out after that) yesterday. I think I'll do one of the premixes from the low impact step today. (Especially since I left the step out and the dvd in the machine!)

Well, gotta run. Have a great week.

It was great having my DH here this weekend -- not only was it pleasant beyond belief, but he (as usual) fixed all the stuff I've been having trouble with -- slow computer -- virus's on it -- food stuff and lots of other things. Gosh, I love that man!

Anyway, read all your posts -- wow, am so glad that everyone is keeping up with all the workouts. I must admit that I took both Saturday and Sunday off to be with my DH, but today, I got back in the swing by starting with a Sprint 8 -- however, I pulled something in my right leg doing these and am almost limping right now...x(

So I think tomorrow will be some sort of upper body workout.:+

Jeanette, I think you hit it right on by saying that some of the other workouts target other muscles and sometimes It's good to do another type of workout. You are so right, I think. I do get stuck in those workouts that I like best -- and forget to vary the workouts occasionally.

Rhea -- sorry you were working on Sunday -- have you had the trial yet? Hopefully all your hard work will pay off. I am so interested to find out more about the TLT's -- can't wait to find out more.

Jeanette -- 32 miles and still getting over the cold -- nice that there's such mild temperatures. Love your rotation schedule -- looks like a good one. For me, am going to post a schedule and hope I can keep to it -- like I said, I did something to my right leg/hip area -- so we'll see.

Monday: Sprint 8 -- done

Tuesday: Pyramid Upper Body

Wednesday: Pyramid Lower Body -- hopefully I'll be all recovered

Thursday: 20 minute run and stretch

Friday: Bootcamp

Saturday: IMAX2 -- just because I love it.

We'll see if I can keep this -- hopefully, it's just one of those things and tomorrow it will be gone.

Have a terrific day and wonderful workouts.:7

So glad to hear from you Rhea and Karen. Makes my day to see your posts.

Karen, I also did PUB (up premix only) today and no cardio as I'm going to do a bike ride after work now that there is enough daylight and milder temps. I originally had it scheduled for tomorrow but I think we have dinner plans with a couple other couples for tomorrow night so thought I'd better get the bike ride in tonite. Rode my horse last night after work. Had a great time.

Karen, so glad you've had a nice time with your DH and he sounds pretty handy too. Mine could fix something mechanical or structural, but no way could he repair a computer. Don't think he's ever gotten on one, just looks over my shoulder at some websites. Sure hope the leg doesn't bother you much, but it's wise not to stress it more. You're in great shape so hopefully you'll be back to full steam soon.

I should get the TLT's on Thursday and am anxious to do them. I'll have to look at Walmart for some of those squishy balls or substitute, don't know until I look at the DVD. Rhea, do you know if I need some different equipment to do these?

Must go now,

Jeanette

Hi all!

Glad you had such a great time with your DH Karen. Mine's like Jeanette's no computer skills. I'm the computer guru (and that's not saying too much)

Jeanette - you can do some of the ball work with a regular medicine ball. But there is some passing under the legs in one of them and from hand to hand in another that is hard to do with a larger ball. DH got me the 5lb danskin balls from Walmart. They were too heavy for me to start out with (and they are actually a bit larger, just the maker I guess) I bought the 3lbs ones and they worked much better for me. Go lighter on the weights until you get the form. That's just a suggestion and only because of the different type of moves with faster reps rather than slow. I even went down to 3lb dumbbells for certain moves because of the move. (the one example I can think of is in Jen's ....oooh shoot.....I think it is Strength in Movement. There is a front lunge move combined with a tricep over push. The first couple are slow, so heavier weight was okay, but then it sped up to tempo and it was too heavy for 5lb weights. (it is a throwing type move)

Anyhoo, today is first day of trial and we only will pick jury. I can't wait for it to be over. My Friday night will be great!! Oh, a full night's sleep without the brain working.....even my Xanax isn't working to keep it quiet right now. (plus I'd rather not take the Xanax) Have a great day everyone!

Hi ladies!

Sorry I haven't checked in for awhile. I see you are all being "good" with those workouts!

I'm with Rhea -- I'm loving my new TLT's. They are awesome workouts -- fun and good calorie burners. Jeanette, I highly recommend the squishy balls. Like Rhea, I also purchased mine at Walmart. In fact, the price was right so I bought three sets of assorted weights.

I've been focusing mostly on TLT's and Turbo Jams. I might mix it up a bit this week.

Have a great evening!

Jeanie

Hi Jeanette & Rhea & Jeanie & Natalie!:)

Wow! It's great to read all your posts and keep up with all you're doing.

The leg is better today:) but I still took it easy and did only PUB and about a 10 minute additional stretch to stretch out that leg. It's still a little sore, but much better. Am debating on the PLB tomorrow -- we'll see... I love this workout, Jeanette -- only 30 minutes, and yet it's effective -- the up only. I'm so glad that you told me about it. Oh, and so cool that you were able to ride your horse -- haven't heard you talking about your horses recently -- so it's nice to see you riding again.

Gee, it's great to see you here, Jeanie. How many times have I thought I should get to your site, but have been pressed on time and so have gone to bed instead... Goodness, it's great to see you here. Sounds like you're keeping up iwth your workouts, too.

And Rhea -- the trial started today, huh? I'm sorry the it's seeping over into your sleep, too. A very good friend told me about this and it works for me, so if you don't mind, I'll share with you -- it's a very inexpensive thing for sleep -- are you ready? Fairy Tales -- read a couple of Fairy Tales before bed -- that combined with salt and yoghurt usually make me sleep through the night. True. I'll be glad for you when Friday comes, too -- always nice when the big project is done, huh?

So let's see -- tomorrow is supposed to be PLB for me -- but I may do something else if the leg is bothering me -- we'll see.

Have a wonderful day everybody and terrific workouts -- and go get 'em, Rhea.:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.