KK's August Rotation

Author

Cathlete
Hi Jeanette & Rhea & Natalie!:)

It was really great meeting both you, Jeanette, and Rhea. Now I have a face for all these great posts, and really pretty faces, too -- as well as slim and trim figures -- both of you are so pretty with excellent figures to boot.

Jeanette, you are so slim and trim, and your legs don't look big to me -- not at all. And Rhea, you are also so slim and trim. I guess it's all due to watching what we eat and exercise -- and Cathe, huh? I think meeting you both was one of the best highlights of the conference. I can't believe how much we had to talk about.:eek: I think we could have talked on and on and on, huh?

Anyway, the rest of the conference was great and the drive home really nice.

Truth to tell, I only did one weight workout during the conference -- one sprint and the rest was power walking. But it's August and time to get down to business.

This week's rotation -- oh, I did read the posts in July's forum, and your rotation looks fabulous, Jeanette.

Monday: Day off -- needed this today to recover from the conference and the drive

Tuesday: High Step Challenge -- can't wait to do this

Wednesday: IMAX 2

Thursday: ME

Friday: Sprints outside (if I get up early enough)

Saturday: Power Hour

Saturday: Short cardio and stretch

Oh, Natalie -- I took your advice and got a DVD player with my computer -- the computer I got on ebay for a good price -- so now I'll be able to take my Cathe's DVD's -- that's the good news. Unfortunately, I have many of Cathe's workouts on tape -- but hey, I've got enough DVD's to at least get the workouts in. This is so exciting. Also it means that I'll be able to stay in touch -- probably not everyday -- our schedule will be intense -- but I can log on from time to time, and so not lose touch.

Anyway, have some great workouts everyone -- it's good to be back.:7

Good morning Karen, Rhea and Natalie:

Karen, so good you got home safely. Glad you enjoyed the conference. Did your friend Lois win the award? Rhea, now we have a face and a voice to go with Karen! So nice to meet her. Rhea, let me know when your yard sale is and I'll try to drop by to meet you too.

Today was Muscle Max. Haven't done this workout in a while. It's a good one too. I didn't go quite as heavy as I usually do on this because I've lost some strength but think it will come back pretty quickly. Hard to keep all of those balls juggling up in the air, some parts don't get worked as hard when you are concentrating on something else (like legwork). Anyway, I'm doing a Hardcore fat loss rotation (March 2003). I ate pretty cleany yesterday. Tomorrow will be Kickmax, which I haven't done before.

Had a massage scheduled for yesterday, but my lady never showed. Darn, I needed it too, what with woodcutting on Saturday and a tough bike ride on Sunday.

Karen, how do you like High Step Challenge? How is it compared to HSTA? I've only done a timesaver on HSC. It comes up on the 3rd and 4th weeks of the fat loss rotation and I suppose I'll have to do it in it's entirety.

Will drink lots of water today as I still feel puffy from the weekend's bike ride. Hate that feeling. Good workouts everyone.

Jeanette

Good morning!

Karen - it was so fantastic to meet you. Same question, did Lois win? I'm glad the drive home was safe and not too bad.

Jeanette, we're hoping for this weekend, but DH pulled his back and has been down and out for the past four days. We didn't even go to Cedarville as planned. I'm going to try since I really would like to get my car back in the garage.

Believe it or not, I'm doing the torturous August rotation. Since I have the first two weeks off, I figured I have the time. I may not be able to walk from all the DOMS, but hey, gotta try. Today is SJP for me and the added Kick Max leg sculpting drills.

Oh, Karen, got myself a knee brace and I think that it helps a lot, especially with all the step work this week.

Have a great day!

Unfortunately, Lois did not win the award -- however, it's quite something to even be nominated for an award -- and so in the long run she won -- although I know she doesn't see it that way... It was a long ceremony -- we were there for four hours... Goodness.

Plus, the food at the hotel was so good that I gained 3 pounds -- and I was already 2-3 pounds high when I left -- so I have some dieting to do -- mostly I'll just eat cleanly -- all those desserts didn't do me much good I'm afraid.

Oh, Rhea, I'm so glad that you got the knee brace -- I really find it helps on the step work -- and helps the knee to heal, as well.

Okay, so I did HSC today in its entirety -- did I spell that right? It was really a good workout. I know I was struggling with it a bit -- but my endurance level isn't as good as some of my other strengths -- and I think this is more of an endurance workout than HSTA. HSTA for me is more of an anaerobic workout -- though it's a circuit workout. HSTA also has more leg work in it -- although the leg work in this workout is good -- also HSTA doesn't use the band -- that band work was rather difficult for me.

So I was really happy with it -- it's a good one to mix things up with, I think.

Jeanette, are you up in weight or something? Just wondering. You know, I was thinking -- in the book YOUR BODY'S MANY CRIES FOR WATER -- he goes over how important salt is -- and it is very, very hot out and the body loses salt -- and when the body doesn't have enough salt, it tends to hold onto water weight -- he explains this all in the book -- and I'm wondering if lowering your salt intake -- particularly in this hot weather -- is sabotaging your results -- you might consider getting that book -- because he really goes into why the body holds onto water and how to get rid of that extra water weight.

Oh, and after talking with you, Rhea, I'm going to order that one kick boxing video -- can't remember the name of it now -- but if it goes over basics -- sounds like something I definitely need.

Anyway, I think my rotation calls for IMAX2 tomorrow -- actually looking forward to it. Looking forward to doing all my workouts and getting back on schedule.

Okay, I'm going to look at the August rotation, Rhea, so I can see what you're doing.

Anyway, had a good day at work today -- got lots done -- am scheduling this tour and also got books ready to go out to the winners of my contest. Hope to have as productive a day tomorrow.

Have some terrific workouts everybody.:7

It was Kickmax today, first time I've done this workout. I like it. The blasts are good, though I had to modify the high impact stuff. I really expected this workout to have more high impact, but was pleasantly surprised. The leg conditioning drills are tough at the end, but I think will help me. I have a bike ride tonite so will be suffering big time...

Karen, the book about water really interests me. I may order it soon. I've had this water retention thing for the last few years, mostly after big efforts of cycling. It's pretty common for other cyclist too, I hear. Something about the muscles holding onto the large quantities of water and gatorade drinks that we all consume during cycling. I'd like to see what the book says about that.

Good workouts everyone.

Jeanette

Hi Karen, Rhea and Natalie:

Well, it was Lowmax this morning. Such a great workout and boy, was I sweating! It was cycling last night, up to the Eagle Lake summit with a couple of girlfriends. We haven't ridden together for a while due to vacations, etc. but it was fun to catch up on happenings and sweat together. Think it was in the 90's as we climbed, but the road was pretty shady and you could definitely feel it was cooler at the top. The downhills were great too. My friend hit a top speed of 42.5 on one hill. Myself, top speed of 37.

Will ride my horse tonite after work. I will be attempting the 30 minute run tomorrow. Gosh, I haven't run since high school many years ago. Guess I will take it easy and see how I do.

My eating has been pretty clean this week and I've seen the scale go down already so I'm pretty happy about that. Think it's the extra cardio that's helping.

Good workouts, everyone!

Jeanette

Just a quick hello before I'm down to the basement for major cleaning out. Garage sale tomorrow and Saturday!

Karen, the workout is Cardio Kicks, it is on a dvd with Circuit Max, another good workout, tough, but fun.

Let's see, I've managed to survive the first four days of the rotation. I was surprised on how much my endurance level has already improved in such a short time. IMAX2 wasn't that bad. Even made it through all the genie jumps. The only thing I really did modify was towards the end, the plie jacks, my ankles weren't up to it, well, I was tired too.

Okay, off to work. Have great workouts and hope everything is going awesome for everyone! (I just love vacation, I can't be in bad mood. :eek: )

It was gruelling work for me today -- finally finished up all the way to New York with booksignings -- it got late -- and they're 3 hours ahead of us and so will finish up with them tomorrow -- then fill in with drop-bys and then finally it'll be done -- should be done with the schedule some time next week. Whew! Then it's onto heavy revisions.

Anyway, for a workout today, cause I was on the phone and stuff from every early until late -- I just did a walk -- a short one and then stretched -- made this my stretching day. Tomorrow is ME -- and no excuses.

Cardio Kicks looks good. Can't wait to do KPC, as well. Rhea & Jeanette, would you classify that as more of an endurance workout or an anaerobic workout?

Well, Rhea, I'm really impressed that you're doing that August rotation -- it really looked intense to me. But the results will probably be incredible.

Yes, Jeanette, that book on water is really good -- makes one think a bit about the body and such. Whenever I read the book, I think more about water and drink more -- and tend to feel better -- even weight is a little easier to maintain when I drink water. But there's also a sort of forumula he uses -- like when to drink water and how much at one time, etc. YOUR BODY'S MANY CRIES FOR WATER is it's name an it's a good one.

Well, it's late -- was up late -- still working -- this time on mailings -- the month before a tour is always busy, but this one doubly so because of the revisions, etc.

Jeanette, hope you had a good ride -- those bike rides sound so relaxing -- something I could use right now.

Anyway, have some good workouts tomorrow.:7

Karen, sounds like you've been sooo busy but really productive. Not sure I could be as disciplined as you are. I'm going to see if I can find that book today on the internet.

Hooray, I did my 30 minute run this morning and Coremax premix #2. I haven't run in almost 30 years, but the time went by pretty quickly. I took it easy and didn't let my heart rate get up too high. I ran around our subdivision and then took a loop off the pavement on a dirt trail, which felt nice. Cooled down, stretched and then did Coremax. I'm still pretty excited that I could do it.

Tonite we are going to dinner at Lake Almanor with my folks and a couple of couples to celebrate my DH's birthday on 8/2 and our anniversary on 7/14. I will probably have some kind of a fish dish (I love salmon or halibut) and will try to not overindulge. Have housework to do this morning, massage at 1:00 p.m. (will be good for my legs). Really looking forward to a nice dinner out with loved ones.

Rhea, I'll try to swing by your house to meet you at your yard sale this afternoon. Know you're busy right now...

Good workouts everyone.

Also, I'm emailing my sister in Atascadero and trying to do like we do, checking in every day.

Jeanette

Hello!

Wow, can't wait to finally meet you Jeanette. I have a feeling that you dropped by about the time I was working out. I saw somebody pull up and drive away. We had closed shop for the afternoon, it was just too darn hot and nobody came by after about 1:30. Maybe if you have a chance in the morning hours?

Karen - you are just too busy. I'm feeling quite lazy now, well, that could be the afer effect of IMAX 3 and 20 terminators. Phew. IMAX3 has so many jumps, but I'm getting better.

Okay, I'm off to drink more water, I'm dying in the heat here. Then its a self-enforced study of some chapters in the Spanish book. I think I have some catching up to do before the semester starts. Yikes. ;(

Wow, Rhea, I so enjoyed meeting with you today. Wish I could have not looked so bad (we'd been woodcutting and I was on my way back from the woods), but what the heck? It's all good. Love your pond. I sure didn't expect anything as elaborate as what it really is. Felt like we could have talked for hours, but the dogs were in the car. I'm so impressed with you for doing the August rotation. I myself am really feeling the effects from running yesterday. I have muscle soreness in the hip socket area, and squatting deeply, well we won't be going there for a while. I have a bike ride tomorrow morning and wondering if the pedaling action will be affected. Guess I could jump on my bike tonite and see how it feels :eek:

Had a wonderful dinner out last night, with Mom and Dad and some dear friends. We dined on the deck overlooking Lake Almanor and it was a beautiful evening. I'd had a massage earlier and life just didn't get any better.

Did Muscle Max this morning. I really like this workout. Can feel the muscle definition coming back.

Hope everyone has a good day today and Rhea, hope you survived your workout and waited until it was cooler. Once again, it was a pleasure to meet you!

Jeanette
:7

Had a good weekend. Got alot done -- still scheduling this tour -- but took some much needed time off and went shopping -- boy the sales right now are very hard to resist. Cleaned house today and feel really good about getting started tomorrow.

Had ME on the schedule for Saturday, but decided to take a page from your book, Jeanette, and really push the cardio since I'm trying to lose that weight I gained last week. And it must have worked, cause two of those 3 pounds came off. Anyway, I did Bootcamp instead -- thought I'd get in some cardio with the weights -- and then today, I basically took the day off.

Oh, did I tell you I did IMAX3 all the way through on Friday -- that is one tough workout -- and I altered many of the moves to suit me -- but it was all good.

I'm so glad that you, too, were finally able to meet. Yea!

Jeanette, I can understand being sore after not running for so many years. And Rhea, sounds like the Spanish is going great.

Anyway, about this next week -- I plan to get back on schedule and workout first thing in the morning -- at least I'll try.

Monday: IMAX2 -- still my favorite IMAX

Tuesday: ME

Wednesday: Cardio and stretch -- might make that a walk and a stretch

Thursday: High Step Challenge -- really like this workout -- might try the 51 minute workout

Friday: Sprinting outside -- unless it's too hot out and then I'll come inside

Saturday: Bootcamp

Sunday: Off

Have a gret day and terrific workouts, everyone.:7

So good to hear from you Karen, know you are very busy but glad you got to work out.

Here's my rotation for the week, same as last week:

Monday: Imax2 with Coremax Premix #3
Tuesday: Musclemax
Wednesday: Kickmax, cycling in evening with girlfriends
Thursday: Low Max
Friday: That 30 minute run and 1 Coremax (I'm still a bit sore today from last Friday)
Saturday: Musclemax
Sunday: Rest (easy cycle)

Karen, your rotation seems a lot like the one I'm doing only modified with different DVD's. Looks very good. I sure give you credit doing those sprints. I'm still sore from jogging (slowly) for the 30 minutes. I cycled yesterday and had no problem with the soreness from running. Must definitely use different muscles.

Yesterday morning 4 of us cyclists met downtown, kind of a ride and decide ride. One guy, who hadn't seen me in a while looked at me and said "Have you been working out?" Made me feel pretty good, even better than someone asking if you've lost weight. Had a good ride to the Eagle Lake marina. Legs felt absolutely super and it wasn't too hot. There must have been a huge hatch of butterflys because they were everywhere and as we descended to Eagle Lake, they kept hitting us all over our bodies. Glad I had my glasses on, you didn't dare open your mouth. I got hit once on the ear and it kind of stung. Anyway, it was interesting.

Well, I'm going to really make this a fat burning week and focus on eating clean (watch the PB intake).

Good workouts all, Rhea, how was Bootcamp x 2? You rock!!!

Jeanette

Hi Karen, Rhea, and Jeanette,

Can't believe all of last week got away from me without a post.

Karen: I'm glad you got the portable DVD for your travels. Switching over to the DVD format can be expensive if you want to duplicate all the Cathe VHS you have. I just never do my old Firm tapes mainly b/c I hate the VHS format anymore.

Rhea: I'm doing the August rotation as well. I go through everything last week except the last 2 intervals of the Saturday IMAX 3 but I did add those terminator climbers. Today is the 5 mile run but it's going to have to be part power walk and part run for me as I never run more than 2 miles. Either that or maybe take my 1 lb. hand weights and just power walk the whole thing. So far, I am doing ok on the soreness, just some calf tightness in the middle of last week. I think for the Bootcamp x2, I am going to try to get up early and do it before work - thinking of doing the first with my regular weights and the second with really light weights.

Well, going to take my sone back to school shopping this morning.

Natalie

Hi Karen, Jeanette and Natalie!

Jeanette - it was so fun and great to meet you! You looked just great! so fit, just like Karen! I'm sore from the running too. The one spot where I tighten up the most is my left achilles heel, doesn't hurt, just tight in the morning. I did manage five miles, about a mile was running, the rest was power walking or plain scrapping the feet along. haha. Took almost two hours...50 laps around the darn track.

Karen - so glad to see that you can get back to a routine. I always feel a little "out of it" if I'm "off" schedule for a while. How are those sprints coming along? BTW, after doing all the IMAXs last week, I vote for #2 as my favorite, with #1 next and #3 last. #3 just plain hurts, too many jumps that I have to modify. I'm definately going to have to get better at that one.

Natalie - so glad to see someone else sharing in my misery. ;) I managed to do BC twice. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I forgot that I actually have trouble keeping my HR up in that one because my recovery is fast. By the time I'm doing upper body, HR is below my 65% threshold and even sometimes below 100. Even the second time around, I still had it happen on some of the circuits. Didn't get any better at those terminators, I'm just too tight in the back/or hip flexors or something to do them well. My problem is thrust part. I might have to ask Cathe for some tips on that.

Have a great Monday everyone!

It was IMAX2 for me today and even after IMAX 3 on Friday, I found IMAX2 challenging... Rhea, I'm with you on the IMAX's -- 2 is my favorite, then the original, and then 3 -- 3 is just hard, hard, hard. I modify so much, too.

Oh, on the terminators, Jeanette had mentioned once that she left out the jump -- when I do that -- leave out the jump, I can do them okay -- and my heart rate still gets up there. But like you, Rhea, I noticed that my recovery rate on Bootcamp is fast -- but I think this is a good thing.

Natalie -- so good to see you. In all honesty, I am really impressed with you and Rhea -- doing that rotation. It looked really hard to me, although I wish I had the time to try it. Maybe some other time.

Jeanette -- our rotation does look very much alike, only I'm using ME instead of MuscleMax -- but I loved your putting in kickmax -- a question, after doing MuscleMax -- do the kickboxing workouts also work upper and lower body -- it's the only reason I didn't put in the new KPC on Wednesday -- not wanting to work the same muscle groups two days in a row. What do you think? Maybe I should try KPC on that day.

My theory in the rotation (usually I have 2 days of full body weight work) -- but my theory is to do only one full body weight work, and the others circuit workouts so that I'm working that cardio -- need to get off those extra couple of pounds. They come off so hard.

Oh, and isn't that nice when someone asks if you're working out? You do look really good and fit, Jeanette.

Again your cycling looks like so much fun. The part about the butterflies sounds enchanting. I put to my husband the concept of going cycling together on Sunday mornings, like we used to -- at least this week, we went for a walk with the dogs.

Well, have a wonderful evening everyone, and great workouts tomorrow.:7

Natalie, kudos to you for doing the August Rotation. I personally was scared when I saw it and didn't think I had the time to do it either. Seems like everyone is getting thru it, though. Running's not my thing, yet, I have a 30 minute run on Friday again. I'm still a wee bit sore from that and it's Tuesday. Soreness should be gone by Friday and then I'll start it over again...

Karen, I don't consider KPC upper or lower body, maybe it is, I just don't think of it that way, and it doesn't work me like resistance workouts do, but I think of it as more cardio than anything else. In fact, I had a bike ride in the evening after doing KPC in the morning and I noticed no effect like soreness in the legs from the workout in the morning. Have you done Legs & Glutes or KPC yet? I really like that DVD. Glad you got out for a walk with your DH. I enjoy walking too.

Did Muscle Max today and feel very worked out in my upper body. Great feeling, as you all know. Have horse class tonite, the last one for the summer session anyway.

Good workouts all!

Jeanette

Hi Jeanette, Rhea & Natalie,

Had another very, very busy day today -- but finally am almost done with the scheduling -- goodness, we'll be visiting over 130 stores and doing booksignings at 32 or over stores (a few aren't confirmed yet). But it's almost done and then it's over to Lois to put on the finishing touches, sending the bookstores notes and such.

I'm going to probably be doing more and more MuscleMax on the road -- as I have it on DVD and ME only on video. Am seriously thinking of getting the DVD for ME, though -- I love it that much.

I was thinking of you, today, Jeanette, as I was doing ME -- I thought that today was the day you did MuscleMax. I think ME and MuscleMax in my own mind are very similar.

Anyway, thanks for the info on KickMax and KPC. I haven't done Legs & Glutes yet -- I'm still getting myself back into schedule -- even today I was up scheduling first thing (to catch the East Coast) and did't exercise until 5PM -- usually it's first thing in the morning for me. So as soon as I get my act together...

Hope your last class with the horse went well.

Tomorrow is a cardio/stretch day for me and I'm really looking forward to it. I love all that stretching.

Hope all is going well for everyone. Good workouts everyone.:7

Hope the August Rotation gals are doing well. I may try this one sometime. How long are the workouts taking? Let us know the results you're getting. I'm liking the Hardcore Fat Loss rotation. I don't see the scale go down much, but I do feel more defined. I have a scale with a body fat % indicator, but it doesn't have athlete mode on it. I've chosed to decide it's not very accurate because of this and the fact that my body fat % has increasingly gone up, even though I feel less fat and firmer. How's that for rationalizing?

Did Kickmax today. This is a good workout. The combos are not that heart rate raising, but the blasts had me sweating. The leg drills at the end are really butt burning. I enjoyed this one even more than last time.

Will be cycling tonite with a couple of girlfriends. Looking forward to it. Had my last horse class for the summer last night. As he improves, he has a lot more bounce in his step, thank you Cathe, for the core strength and endurance to stay with his gaits.

Wow, Karen, you sure stay busy. Your book signing tour sounds like it will be very busy. Yes, Muscle Max is a lot like ME to me, but uses the band, which always gets me on triceps and shoulders.

Must run, good workouts all!

Jeanette

Hi Karen, Rhea, and Jeanette,

Karen: Glad you are able to stay in touch during your travels. I have the ME and Bootcamp DVD which was one of the first Cathe workouts I purchased. It's a great DVD as it has a bonus 50 minute workout that is a complilation of the 2 workouts.

Jeanette: I have the Kickmax workout and it's really different from the other Cathe kickbox workouts. I'm not sure I love it but that blast section is really a killer. The Harecore Extreme uses that section a couple of times in some really great workouts.

Well, I did the Bootcamp back to back last evening and it wasn't as hard as I had expected. I recover quick as well and there is just something mentally easier for me about the 8 cycles vs. the 10 for the IMAX workouts. As for the 5 mile run day, I did a mile running and then power walked - I just don't run regularly and thought it would not be a good idea to try to do 5 miles without working up to it. Also, it was 85 and humid that day, so any outdoor workout was a sweat.

Check in later this week,
Natalie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.