KK's April rotation

Author

Cathlete
Hi Jeanie and Natalie and Rhea and Jeanette!

Well, here we go, new month, new workout. I've decided this month that I'm going to emphasize cardio endurance. I've gotten the anaerobic workouts going pretty well, and am doing better and better on strength. But I've notice that while I can do cardio, my endurance is not as good as it might be. So this month I think I'll focus on that in this way: I usually work in 2 anaerobic days and 2 strength days and 1 cardio/stretch day a week. I take one day off and that leaves me a free-for-all day.

Usually on my free-for-all day -- which is usually Saturday -- I do some circuit workout -- like Bootcamp or High Step Advanced or Circuit Max or Cardio and Weights. In this way, I feel as though I'm getting in a full rounded workout.

But I put on 3 pounds over the Easter holidays -- more than I put on at Christmas -- and that, combined with noticing that my cardio endurance isn't up to par has led me to believe that this might be a good month to emphasize that.;-)

So my plans are:

Monday: IMAX 2 -- my favorite

Tuedsay: Muscle Endurance -- my favorite

Wednesday: Some short cardio -- 25 min. and stretch

Thursday: Power Hour

Friday: IMAX 3 or LowMax

Saturday: Maximum Intensity Cardio

I've only done MIC once and I remember finding it difficult. I kept waiting for Cathe to put in intervals -- which she never does -- I think this is one workout that's all about endurance.

So there we go. A new month. We'll see if this helps me along to lose those 3 pounds.:7

This looks pretty good. I've been doing a similar type rotation for the last 2 weeks and I feel very good and feel like my cardio and endurance is getting better. Is Power Hour a cardio or weights or a circuit workout? Those 3 pounds will be scared for sure. It's wonderful we have so much variety!

Have a good evening,

Jeanette

Hi Karen Kay, Natalie, Rhea and Jeanette!

Karen Kay, I'm planning on focusing more on cardio this month too. I started the month out with 4-5 long cardio sessions (45+ minutes). Then I got my new FitPrime and Kickbutt, and I've done little else! I truly love these workouts but I'm afraid the small amount of cardio won't help me with my weight loss goals.

Karen Kay, I chuckle everytime I see ME in your rotation. You DO love that one, dont' you?:D

Jeanette, I consider Power Hower similar to ME but not as fun. Let's see what Karen Kay and Rhea think.

Okay ladies, off to do Low Max (I love this one as much as Karen Kay loves ME!).

-- Jeanie

Hi Jeanie! Hi Jeanette!

Gee, it's good to see you here again, Jeanie. I'm afraid I was gone for quite a while, but I'm now at home -- under deadline -- but it means that I have computer access -- and so of course, I can't stay away from the Cathe site.

Guilty as charged. I really love ME. Not sure exactly why. I think partly because I enjoy Cathe's cracks on it -- partly because it kicks my butt...

Anyway, I don't have any of the FitPrime videos -- except that I have most of the original ones. I've just gotten into doing Cathe so much, that I really haven't done much else.

Hi Jeanette! Power Hour is very much like Muscle Endurance, except that it really isn't as fun, as Jeanie says -- and there's no high step in it. But I must admit that every time I do the workout, my muscles shake -- and I think this is a good thing -- it really challenges me. But it's rarely in my rotation because...well...frankly I really love Muscle Endurance.;)

LowMax -- I've only done it once -- I need to add it into my rotation again. My problem is time. It's a little longer than the other IMAX's and so I don't always turn to it. But it really is a good one.

Oh, on Cathe's home page, I read all about the Intensity series and it's filming and how Cathe came by the programs after her pregnancy -- it was really interesting reading. She even shows picts of her pregnant. The Intensity series is probably still my favorite -- can't beat IMAX2 and Muscle Endurance. They're almost always in my rotations -- somewhere.:+

Anyway, had a good and relaxing day today -- still haven't bought that air ionizer -- and germ fighter. We went in to do it, but decided to wait until we check our checking account -- it was a bit more money than we had determined to spend. There's also one for the car -- which you can take into hotel rooms and such.

Because I tour, this is really something I'll probably get. Motel and hotel rooms have so much mold;( usually and I'm allergic to it -- so the air ionizers are a must for me.x(

Anyway, have a great evening.:7

Good Morning Jeanie, Natalie, Rhea and Karen:

The start of a new week, I'm back to work this week so I don't get to leisurely do my workouts. Did not do a workout yesterday, it was a scheduled rest day but I took my son's girlfriend (with her new bike) and another girlfriend of mine and we did about 18 miles and introduced the son's girlfriend to climbing (bike). She did really good for her first time. She's 30 and will only get better and better at it. My legs were still feeling the yard work on Saturday and Low Max that morning. Funny how you think you're in pretty good shape until you do something different like hauling branches around, lots of bending over. Boy, did I feel it yesterday in my whole back area. That soreness is gone today though (mostly).

Did Muscle Max this morning. Good workout. Those tricep kick backs with the band are killer. For the final 15 I feel like I'm just barely moving my arm backwards. I like this workout though. Karen, I too like the Intensity series. I don't have the Pyramids yet. Have not decided to really focus on strength yet as I'm working towards endurance with the bike, but may at some time to shake things up and see if I get some results.

Well, back to work (I work at a State Prison) sitting at a computer all day. Talk about a sedentary job. I do the mail run a couple times a day and walk probably 3/4 of a mile total between the 2 runs so that's something I look forward to.

Jeanie, thanks for the information on Power Hour. Sounds similar to what I already have so probably won't order. Am awaiting Coremax and GS Legs to come today.

For this week I plan on doing 3 or 4 cardio and a couple full body weight workouts, with Bootcamp in there somewhere too. Have the rotation mostly scribbled down, but I have a bike ride day during the week so have to make sure I don't do too tough a leg day that morning. Also have a 12 mile time trial next Tuesday (on the bike). You do a 12 mile course and ride against yourself (timewise). Really stretches your aerobic abilities. That's where I think the interval training will help. We'll see how I do. We'll be doing these once a month.

Have a great day.

Jeanette

Hi Jeanie, Rhea and Karen Kay,

Guess I will be the odd ball this month as I am doing a strength rotation. The last 2 months I did cardio rotations which really helped my endurance and aerobic capacity but I really prefer workouts focusing on resistance training so I am going to love this month.
I started the HC strength rotation on Saturday - the GS chest & tri is a killer, my arms are still sore. Did IMAX 2 in stead on IMAX 3 - I think IMAX 2 is a little less intense. Planning on GS leg and Coremax 2 today but first I've got alot of shrubs that I bought yesterday to put in the new bed my husband prepared this weekend.

Everybody have a great day!

Natalie

Hi Natalie! Hi Jeanette!

Please forgive me, Natalie, for not putting your name right up there on top. I think the time to edit it has expired, or I'd go right back and put it there.

Anyway, got up early this morning to work and already have 9 pages done -- so I'm about ready to get up and do IMAX2 -- my workout plan for today. And then I'm bound and determined to go and get those air ionizers today. With all the pollen in our yard, I'm walking around the house with a mask on.:+

Natalie, I, too, like the strength workouts -- they really shape the body -- something that aerobics all by itself doesn't really do. Have fun with your rotation. It really sounds great.

I am going to concentrate on cardio this month, however. I'm really looking to build up my endurance -- but I'm certainly not going to ignore weights -- just not emphasize them.

Wow, Jeanette, you must have had your kids really young. My kids sound about the same age as yours. My older daughter turns thirty this year. Also, I saw another post of yours at another site, and saw that you are about 5'2" and 116 pounds. We are similarly built, I think. I'm 5'3 1/2" -- always I include that 1/2 inch, and weight about 114 right now. Have you noticed with Cathe's workouts -- she emphasizes good posture -- that you might appear even taller lately? I've really noticed this. And of course I wear heels almost constantly.x( Trying to give myself that "long-legged" look. Sigh...:*

Again, you sound like a really good mom -- going out with the son's girlfriend.

And you have such an interesting job, it appears -- working at a prison. I bet you have stories...

Anyway, am going to log off here soon, exercise and go get those air-ionizers.

Have a great one.:7

Hi all!

Been absent, playing in Las Vegas. I'm totally ready to get back to working out. The problem is the time and the need for so much in the yard. Of course the time change didn't help. I was, emphasis on was, going to get up early this morning and get the workout in. I think that is the only time I'm going to be able to get them done lately. Either that or be up till midnight. My body did not want to drag out of bed. So, this evening will be the workout.

I'm going to try and do the Strength rotation this month. I'll see how it goes.

Have a great day and don't work too hard.

Good morning again Jeanie, Natalie, Rhea and Karen:

Back on my 4-10 schedule at work (Fridays off), means I have to get up early to exercise. Did Imax2, intervals 1-6 and then followed up with Workout #1 from Coremax. I feel so much more energized nowadays, attributing that to my workouts, of course! Was going to do another total body weight workout tomorrow, but have a bike ride after work and don't want sore legs for that. Will probably do Kickbox and 10-10-10 from CTX and possibly add on another Coremax workout. Previewed GS Legs and it looks really good too.

Hope everyone has a great day today. Weather is looking to warm up and hopefully we'll have less wind here too. Plan on riding my horse after work too.

Jeanette

Hi Karen, just thought I'd answer this before going off to work. My husband and I have one son, he'll be 24 in May, his girlfriend is 30. But yes, I had him at 22. Also have 2 step kids that I raised from the ages of 3 and 4, they are now 30 and 31. Great kids too.

The prison is a different place for sure. I don't work within the secured area, but we do have lots of low security inmates that work around us. I've worked here for 14 years now.

Yes, you and I must be around the same size. Alas, I seem to have the heaviness on the lower part of my body, but my workouts are sure burning off the fat around my thighs and hips, little by little. I sure like the firmness that's developing. No, I'll never look leggy. But that's okay! I'm feeling really strong and that's a good feeling!

Must run off to work. Have a great day!

Jeanette

Hi Everybody!

Rhea -- I knew you were in Las Vegas and when I didn't see you posting, I realized you were probably having a great time there in Vegas.

I know the strength rotation looks really good, doesn't it? I'm glad that somebody here is keeping track of the rotations, as it really helps me to learn a bit more about them. I know you're just gonna love the rotation. Work is going...well, I just have to keep at it -- I get distracted a lot, but that's all part of the consideration, as well.x(

I'm putting on some weight I noticed -- probably due to deadline -- I tend to put weight on close to deadline -- but hopefully, I'll up my water intake today and it'll start to vanish, I hope...;)

Jeanette -- what is that shift -- a 18 hour shift or something? At least you get a 3 day weekend, but I can see where you would really have to get up early to get a workout done. Or did I read it wrong? Is that 4 AM to 10 PM? Or 4 AM to 10 AM? -- at any rate, seems like you're really putting the workouts together well with IMAX2 and then CoreMax. I'm beginning to wish I'd bought the DVD for the Intensity series instead of the video.

I used to be an extra size bigger on my hips than from the waist up. Sometimes 2 sizes bigger. Then I and went on a lo carb diet, and I lost weight, but not much (maybe 5 - 7 pounds) -- what I did lose more significantly with that was inches on my hips, that have never come back. When I came to Cathe, I lost more inches off the hips just from toning up, no weight loss, but with the toning, I became the same size all over.:7 Also I've noticed that the celluite that mysteriously appeared when I went on the other side of menopause, is now slowly but surely disappearing, as well.:p Again, I attribute this to the Cathe workouts. :7

Yes, I had my kids pretty early on in life, too. It was kinda like growing up with them -- which was fun.

Well, hi, ho -- hi, ho -- it's off to work I go. Whistle... Hi, HO -- Hi, HI. Have a terrific day.

Hi everyone,

Sounds like everyone is busy, too.

Rhea -it's you and me one the strength rotation. My triceps and chest were sore for 3 solid days after that GS workout. I found the GS legs to be easier but today, one day after the workout, my hamstrings are a bit sore but that's good as I really need to firm up back there.

Everyone is so slim sounding. I'm 5'4" and 135 lbs. but I wear size 6's and 8's. I try to look on the bright side, my Dad's a diabetic and my brother weighs about 400 lbs. so I try to maintain and be healthy. Low carb has really helped me maintain my weight and it really improved by cholesterol panel. I would like to be a size smaller on the bottom, though. Guess I would have to buy a scale but I can get so obsessed with the numbers I've avoided one in the house for 2 years.

I have one 7 year old. Did not get pregnant until I was 32. Have thought about having another but just hasn't happened.

Anyway, taking today off and will do GS Back, Biceps, and Shoulders tomorrow.

It was windy here yesterday as well. My little plants were getting blown all over while I was trying to get them in the ground. Today was the first really beautiful day here but everything is blooming and I'm sneezing as a result.

I'll check in tomorrow.

Natalie

Hi Natalie,

Sounds like Cathe's rotation is kicking butt -- literally... That's really great! I have Power Hour scheduled for Thursday, and that one always challenges me -- my muscles shake on it.

You know, I think bone size has alot to do with it. You're probably right where you should be weight wise. Although I'm 5'3" I am extremely small-built...even my ring size looks like a child's -- it's just small bones. So 135 pounds for 5'4" and a size 6-8 sounds really good. I used to be that same size -- except from the waist up -- and truly, my bone size is very small...even smaller than my kids... But the combination of lo carb and Cathe had me dropping 2 sizes on my hips, something I never thought would happen, cause all the other diets I had been on never really touched the thighs.

So, me, too, on the lo carb thing. It really has done great things for me -- especially in maintaining weight -- although I'm putting on weight right now -- something I tend to do when under deadline.

Wow, you have a seven year old. :7 Don't you just love it -- I really did love when my kids were young. I love them now, too, but those years were special.

Anyway, I'm trying to do an endurance build-up and so in addition to ME today, I went for a 30 minute run/walk. Had to wear a mask outside as the pollen is so great.

Natalie, your weather sounds much like southern CA -- we had so much wind yesterday -- but it's beautiful and clear today because of it.

Oh, and I did get those air purifiers from Sharper Image -- and they are really working. I go outside and sneeze -- but come inside and I'm fine...

Okay, now I'm rambling.

Have a terrific evening.:7

Good morning everybody!

Was nice and warm yesterday. Looking forward to a bike ride after work. Did Cardio Kickbox from Timesaver and #2 Coremax. Always amazing to me that I can do Low Max or Imax 2 (high intensities) and then go back to a Timesaver cardio workout and still feel like I get a good workout. I didn't want to work my legs too hard because of ride tonite, but wanted to get some cardio in. Coremax #2 was all on the stability ball, which I do like. I liked this one better than #1. Coremax #3 used the med ball and the stability ball. Will check that one out later, I'm sure.

Karen, a 4-10 schedule is working 4 10 hour days in the week, and then you get 3 days off :7 I work from 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Long day, but very worth it. I love my Fridays off, and like to have a more leisurely workout time (not pressed to go to work).

Allergies and pollen. We get a lot of sagebrush blooming and alfalfa and all that stuff. Hasn't started yet, but will no doubt. I feel sorry for those with allergies, can't be pleasant. Hope the air purifiers help you out.

Take care all. Feels like a great day coming on!

Jeanette

My goodness Jeanette, sounds like you live in a high desert area. So do I, and we have two prisons here too. Sagebrush hasn't bloomed yet here either. We had the extreme wind too. But at least when it snowed, it didn't stick!!

I'm plugging along doing the strength workouts. I'm a day behind since I just couldn't get out of bed on Monday and I didn't feel like working out when I got home. So no rest for me on Sat. :-(

Well, I had better get back to work, have a great day everyone!

Hi Rhea! Hi Jeanette!;-)

Got up very early this morning to try to get a little more work done before my day really starts. Got some done, but not enough. But perhaps I should be happy I got some done...:eek:

Sagebrush, huh? Can't say we get much of that here in the LA area, but when I go across country, it often blows across the desert regions. Always reminds me of the old westerns.:)

My run yesterday (with a mask on outsidex( ) has my hip flexors a little sore today. Probably didn't stretch them enough afterwards.

I like the sound of your rotation, Jeanette. Actually, I have the TimeSaver DVD, and I'm always amazed at how much it kicks your butt. I'm beginning to think that some of those Kickbox DVD's must have anaerobic intervals in them -- unfortunately, I don't have any of Cathe's kickbox DVD's except in the TimeSaver -- and that one really grooves. (What an old word:p )

Rhea, so glad that you're getting into the strength rotation. You'll have to keep me informed as to how it's going.

My rotation today is a short cardio and then a stretch. This is good, as I love Cathe's stretch DVD.

Well, it's back to work, I go, I go. Have a terrific day.:7

Hi again,

Rhea, I'm in Susanville too. Small world, huh. Yes, the wind has been brutal. Easter Sunday we did a bike ride, came back up Bass Hill and I actually got blown off the road into the dirt by a cross wind. I was going pretty slow and didn't fall down. Poor conditions that's for sure. Was just glad it was blowing from the Thompson Pk. side so I didn't get blown into traffic. When I drove to Reno that night, there was a tractor trailer on it's side in the exact spot I got blown over.

Last Sunday was really windy too. I'm getting pretty tired of it. Did a bike ride after work up to Eagle Lake Summit with 2 other riders. The road is clear but they have the gate closed just past Lake Forest. We had a nice climb to the top and wonderful ride back down. No traffic to worry about either.

Think I might have strained my back a bit doing Coremax this morning. It was a bit sore while riding. Just had to stop a time or two and stretch it on the ascent.

Will do Muscle Endurance tomorrow. I like this workout too. Psyching myself up for Bootcamp later this week.

Take care all, have a good evening.

Jeanette

Hello all!

Jeanette...OMG, what a small world. (Karen, Jeanette and I live in the exact same small northern CA town!) I was wondering when you said you worked at a prison, but thought...nah, couldn't be. This morning's wind was again so nasty. I was very cranky because it blew off some of my new greenhouse's panels. This weekend is supposed to be nice though, my fingers are crossed.

Karen...hope you aren't working too hard. I was thinking about you when I was doing the Gym style legs today. You would love that workout. Cathe is in fine form with the comments and it was good motivation for a morning workout.

Jeanie - you've been away?

Natalie, are my hamstrings going to be sore tomorrow? I have a really funny feeling that they will be. At least it is upper body next..haha..

Well, gotta run, finally time to go home. I'm a pooped.

Hi Rhea! Hi Jeanette! Hi Jeanie! Hi Natalie!

That's pretty incredible that you both are from the same small town in Northern CA. Amazing. Are you both in driving distance to Reno, as well. The Romance Writers of America are having their National Convention in Reno this year -- I'm seriously thinking of going. Almost hard to miss since Reno isn't that far away from Southern CA.

Those winds sound pretty nasty, Jeanette. We were having the winds here for a while, too, but today, they were mild -- it was a very pleasant day here today -- not hot, not too cold -- and not too bad on my allergies, either... Of course in our home, we now have our air purifiers/ionizers, and so the air quality here is pretty good.

I didn't get a workout in today.x( I spent the day pretty much with my daughter who wasn't feeling very well. Went to the Autrie museum -- which I love.

I really miss my workouts when I don't get them in -- so I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.

Rhea, that's interesting about Gym-style legs -- I do like it when Cathe makes off the wall remarks -- it's one of the reasons I like Muscle Endurance so much.;-)

Can you tell me a little about the workout? Does it have any cardio, or is it mostly standing legs -- or floor work?

I am going to get some more Cathe workouts and I'm trying to decide which ones. Am going to really look over the recent ones -- and past ones -- I now have all of the Intensity series -- love those:p and am trying to decide what would be a good one to complete my Cathe library.

Jeanette -- you'll have to tell me how your workout goes tomorrow on Muscle Endurance -- that and IMAX2 are my favorite Cathe workouts so far, I think.

Okay, so tomorrow I plan Power Hour -- my daughter from the East Coast flies in tomorrow and so I don't think I'll be able to take a run after working tomorrow -- so Power Hour will have to do -- or I might substitute High Step Advanced -- it's been a while since I've done that workout...just so I get a little cardio in, as well.

Okay. So I'm off to try to get to bed a little early and get up early and work. Have a great evening.:7

Good morning Karen, Rhea, Natalie and Jeanie:

Driving to Reno only takes less than an hour and a half. That's where most Susanville people drive for major shopping. This town has a Walmart and a few other stores but not a whole lot to choose from. Hope you can attend the convention in Reno. My son lives in Sparks, which is right next to Reno.

Our weather has been windy and changeable, but should clear up by Saturday afternoon and Sunday. Hope so, it's been a long winter and not so fun spring. Will be doing housework and errands today as it is my day off. Off to a family BBQ in nearby Quincy and bicycle ride around Lake Almanor on Sunday. Will check out road conditions around the lake on Saturday on the way to and from Quincy.

Karen, I haven't done Gym Style Legs yet as I have a bike time trial on Tuesday and don't wish for the sore legs still that I hear many have after doing this workout. I did Muscle Endurance yesterday and enjoyed it. Boy, the bicep work is a killer. I swear I only put 5# plates on my barbell and cannot even finish the reps with Cathe. It's a burner, that's for sure. And the evil laugh... I was sore in the back/hip area from the day before (maybe from Cardio Kicks?), but this workout really helped. I could have overdone Coremax Superman's on the ball, not sure. Have yet to do Workout #3 from Coremax.

Rhea, how did you like GS Legs? Were you sore? Still sore? I'm looking forward to working this one in.

Watched some of Cathe doing Power Hour on FitTV this morning. Noticed how big her shoulders are in this workout. She doesn't have that look anymore. Wonder if she just doesn't work them as much now or less weight. How was Power Hour for you? Don't know what High Step Advanced is like, might have to check out a clip one of these days. Do you own CTX? This is a very versatile DVD set. Do you have Rhythmic Step? Wonder how high the impact is on it. I hear it's a challenging step workout (choreography wise).

Karen, have fun with your daughter. Great that you can spend the time. My step-daughter and husband live nearby and I get to visit with them often and with her 2 little ones.

Well, need to get going. Bootcamp is today. Got to get psyched for this. I did it last week when I was on vacation and it's pretty fun as there's lots of variety, but the cardio is a thumper! Will probably do Lowmax tomorrow and take Sunday off with a nice, easier bike ride.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.