June 06 Rock Bottoms - feedback?

Scorpio

Cathlete
Just wondering if anyone has done this rotation and what their results were like. I'm thinking of trying it for June 07. The behind and legs are my trouble spot, so this may be a good one to get ready for bikini season (plus, I think I can substitute gym work for upper body and other cardio for some of the DVDs I don't have fairly easily with this one).

Cheers :7

> Would you like to do this one together? I was just looking
>at it and it looks good.
>
> Lori:)

Sure - I will be modifying it somewhat - just doing my own upper body stuff at the gym and I'll have to substitute some of the cardio for DVDs that I don't have. I think I'll start Monday June 4th.

I did this one a few months ago to get ready for my cancun trip and it was awesome. I definitely noticed my thighs tightened up and my butt lifted. I think you will be pleased with the results. Love the BBW! It kicks butt!!!

Hey can I join you ladies? I'm thinking of either this one or butts and guts. I will also be starting on the 4th.

Jenn

>Hey can I join you ladies? I'm thinking of either this one or
>butts and guts. I will also be starting on the 4th.
>
>Jenn

For sure! The more the merrier! I'm getting pumped already - 300 walking lunges? Who wouldn't be pumped??

Susan;-)

This is awesome. We will have our own little checkin:) I was thinking about starting today though b/c its the 1st, I need to be motivated and I took a rest day yesterday. We will see though:)
Apparently, since I have had my baby everyone keeps telling me my bum is flat. Hopefully this will bring it back!
Lori:)

> This is awesome. We will have our own little checkin:) I was
>thinking about starting today though b/c its the 1st, I need
>to be motivated and I took a rest day yesterday. We will see
>though:)
> Apparently, since I have had my baby everyone keeps telling
>me my bum is flat. Hopefully this will bring it back!
> Lori:)

Hey Lori - I would think this will perk up your behind for sure. Do you have all of the DVDs for the rotation? I'm going to have to substitute a lot, although I am bidding right now on a couple on ebay, so maybe I'll have more than I think.

What do you think of these substitutions:
for IMAX I'll substitute IMAX 2
for Cardio Kicks and CTX Kickbox, I'll substitute KPC or KickMax
for Step Blast, Step Fit & Step Works, I'll substitute Rythmic Step
for Body Max I'll substitute Drill Max
for the weekend leg workouts I'll likely do the leg conditioning from Kick Max as you don't need equipment (I'm usually camping on the weekends). For the Sunday evening ones, I may be able to do legs & Glutes or PLB, but I don't have a high step or barbell at home. I can substitute dumbbells and maybe a chair for the high step.

For upper body, I'll be working out at the gym. I plan to do pullups/dips, pushups/chest press, shldr press/bicep curls as supersets.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Susan:7

Susan, I have most of Cathes workouts so I don't have to substitute unless its just something I don't want to do:+ Like today, I did Imax 2 instead of Imax.
Your subs sound pretty good but BM has alot more cardio then DM, I don't know if that will be a problem or not. Do you have BM2? I plan on using that one sometimes. I loaned out PUB, ME and PH and I have to call my friend and ask for those back cause Im gonna need them.
Do you want to start the checkin on the checkin forum on Mon?

I don't have BM2, but I have been thinking about getting it...maybe I should? It does look like fun. Although, since my home workouts are done in the morning (5 am) and BM2 is over 90 minutes (I'd have to start at 4:30 am - YIKES), maybe I'll do drillmax except the upper body stuff in the morning and go to the gym in the afternoon for upper body and some additional cardio.

Sure, lets start the checkin Monday.

(did you do your 300 walking lunges yet?)

Yep, everything is done:) I did the lunges after Imax 2. I started with the intentions of doing 3 sets of 100. But when I got 100 done, I thought...maybe Ill do 150...then I went to 200 and so on. I did all 300 of them the one time with 12 lbs dumbells. It wasn't to bad but lets see what my legs feel like in the morning.

You should get BM2. Even if you can't do it in the morning, its worth having. Its such a fun workout and the music is awesome!

WOW! With 12 lb dbs?? I was planning on doing them unweighted (I was assuming that's what Cathe meant in the instrux.). I think I'll still stick with that for the first time to see how I do - after all, I want to be able to do the BBW the next day.:)

You're a machine!!

I'll have to think about BM2 - If I get that, I'll probably have to get CardioFusion, too. I just want them all, but because I do all my weights at the gym and just cardio at home, so many of them seem like I wouldn't get my money's worth. Although, I definitely get my money's worth out of the ones I have now, but I've stuck to mainly cardio ones (IMAX 2&3, KickMax, KPC, LowMax). I also have coremax, stretchmax & DrillMax (and Rhythmic step is on its way). I'm bidding on ebay for SJP/SB right now, so may have that one coming, too.

All her workouts are so much fun, and she's so motivating cause she looks so darn good!

Hey ladies,

I had a thought about the bbw and I think I will be subbing the lowerbody premix from bootcamp, and then add some firewalkers and the deadlifts. Plus I will either being do floorwork from legs and glutes or butts and guts. I don't have plb.

As for the 300 lunges I'm scared.:7

Jenn

>As for the 300 lunges I'm scared.:7
>
>Jenn

Me, too Jen, but I'm pumped at the same time. Lookin' forward to a rock hard bottom for summer!!

I'm just taking off for the weekend and plan to do lots of laying about with my feet up in anticipation of all the hard work to come.

Have a great weekend ladies.

Susan, they weren't that bad. I think Cathe meant for them to be without weights as well but when I did them before I used weights so I used them again this time. Im not real sore today but I know I worked something back there.
Adding firewalkers is a good idea. I really like those!

Hey There! You will be able to walk tomorrow...but it might hurt:) Just in case you didn't see, we have a check in over at the check in forum. Hope to see you there!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.