I need a Matron of Honor Rotation!

tricia

Cathlete
Hello everyone! I am going to be in my best friend's wedding as her Matron of honor this summer and I just had a baby in October. (I know, that was 6 months ago, but I'm just getting back on the fitness wagon).
I need to know if anyone can suggest a good rotation - I am no good at making these up, but I feel that's what I need to get myself going. Just deciding what workout to do is too much for me lately, and by the time I decide, the baby is up and I don't do it.
I'm trying to take away all excuses!! I have Cathe's 12 pack plus all her "older" videos, so I have the tools - I just need a little help getting started.
BTW,This forum is awesome! :D

Well, I am no expert but Jillybean lost 2 dress sizes using the CTX rotation. I think that rotation may be listed in this forum but essentially all you need to do is one of them a day. I think it went something like this:

Sunday-Power Circuit-add Biceps from Kickbox
Monday-10-10-10-add Chest from Step & Intervals
Tuesday-Kickbox-add Back from Power Circuit
Wednesday-All Step-add triceps from 10-10-10
Thursday-Leaner Legs
Friday-Rest
Saturday-Step & Intervals-add shoulders from All Step

Of course you can make a different rest day and move stuff around but you don't want to do Power Circuit and Leaner Legs on consecutive days.

Also, I think that since you are just getting back into the swing of things, you might want to do the above without the additional upper body workout per day. You should definitely see results. Hope this helps and maybe someone else might chime in with another idea.

Sarah
:7

Thanks Sarah! Would you happen to know how long to stay on the rotation? It seems the norm is about 6 weeks, does that sound right?

Thanks again,

Generally they say 6-8 weeks, if you are getting results. If at 6 weeks you haven't seen any results than you should tweak it some like one day do a longer cardio, or do a different kind of cardio. Also, after a couple weeks on the rotation make sure you are challenging yourself with the weights. Go as heavy as you can but not so heavy that you can't finish all the repetitions.

If you are still getting results at 6 or 8 weeks, then everyone seems to say to continue the rotation until it no longer is providing them and then change it up. Jillybean sure had some wonderful results and I am sure you will too!

There is so much variety in the CTX series that you should definitely enjoy it and get results. Everyone seems to love this rotation. Currently, I am using all of the upper body work from CTX in a rotation I just started. I am also using Leaner Legs, which is a killer. If you haven't done leg work in a while, I would go through this the first time with little to no weights. I had trouble walking for a couple of days but the next time I did it went much better. It seems to build strength very fast.

Anyway, enjoy and let me know how it is going.

Sarah,
I started this rotation yesterday and I'm loving it so far. I used to do the cardio in the morning before work and weights in the evening with this set, but never all at once. I can't believe the difference it is to do all at once -it's kicking my butt & I think that's great!!
Thanks for the tip about Leaner Legs, I always wonder about how heavy and now that I think about it - that is a killer Leg workout!
Thanks for the input - I'll keep you posted!!

I am glad you are enjoying the rotation. I love the upper bodywork from this series and LL. Also, you may very well go through LL and think it is a breeze, so try it with light weights at first. I can sometimes be a weenie with legwork but everyone seems to call it "meaner legs" so who knows.

Anyway, enjoy! You'll be back to where you were in no time!

Hi Sarah!
I've been doing CTX since I posted last & now I'm wondering.......Do you suppose I would do better to stick with this for 3 more weeks,or go strictly cardio for a rotation cycle? I know I shouldn't expect alot yet- but I'm not feeling as if I'm getting the weight loss I need prior to leaning out muscularly (if that makes sense!). I have some body fat to lose and I know that weights will help, but I guess I'm not sure if I would do better to focus on that closer to the wedding? My theory is if I blast alot of cardio (1 hour-long workouts) to begin with, then do a cardio & weights rotation, I will see the results better. BUT, I'm not sure how it all works.....have you (Or anyone else) done this type of rotation? If so, I'd love some feedback. (I was also looking at Cathe's May rotation - it looks great, but I'm not sure if I'm ready for it just yet!). Thanks for "listening" - this forum has the best people!!

Tricia

Hi Tricia-

Just goes to show how different bodies react to different things!

If you are not seeing weight loss results by now I would suggest switching it up some. Since you are also in a time crunch I would definitely add in longer cardio. What tapes do you have? Do you have any of the interval workouts? Those are serious fat burners. Also, what about MIC, BodyMax or Circuit Max? Let me know what tapes you have.

Hey Sarah,
I have all of Cathe's workouts except Ab Hits DVD and Cardio Hits DVD. (I have the videos, just not these DVDs.) I was pregnant when I got the Intensity DVD's and The Rhythmic Step, Power Hour & Slow and Heavy Series. So, I have these and have not yet done any of them. Talk about tormenting myself!!
So, any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Tricia

From what I have heard, it helps to have one Interval workout, and one Circuit Workout in your rotation.

I would do:

Monday-Cardio such as Rythmic Step, PowerMax

Tuesday-Interval Max 1 or 2

Wednesday-Cardio such as CardioKicks(for crosstraining purposes)

Thursday-Circuit Max or Cardio & Weights (if you are feeling very energetic you can throw Bootcamp here instead)

Friday-Cardio such as MIC,Stepworks,StepFit

Saturday-Powerhour or Muscle Endurance

Sunday-Rest

Then startover!

This way, you are getting in 5 cardios and alteast one total body workout. I know you don't want to focus on weights right now but it will be beneficial to get some in. Of course, feel free to change the rest day, but I would keep them in order. Also, the cardios are just suggestions. Go ahead and put in your favorites but I would do at least 35-60 mins.

This is the rotation I loosely followed back with after time off due to an injury and it got me back into tip top shape. Now I am working on the Pyramids-whew!

Let me know what ya think.

This looks great!

Thank You so much Sarah for taking the time to look at this and help me out. I'm going to switch up my rotation today and I'll let you know how it's going. Thanks again!!

Tricia :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.