How to change rotations to workout 3-4 times a week?

Candiceena

Cathlete
Hi girls

I inadvertently took about 10-12 days off from working out...I think I kind of had a case of burn-out combined with being sick while on my biz trip (hot humid air, freezing cold air-conditioned hotel-room, dehydrated because there were no water fountains anywhere, crappy food....just kind of like BLAH). Anyway, today is my birthday and as a birthday present for myself I'm going to START A NEW ROTATION! :) haha. happy birthday to me!!

BUT...I am going to have a super crazy hectic schedule the next month or so and I am really thinking I'll only be able to workout 3-4 times a week. I plan on doing Horizontal Conditioining during this time too, but those workouts are short and I will just add them on (or, since they are only 10 min, I may do them on off-days in the P.M. just to keep my workout-mojo up).

I was wondering what/how I would be able to change existing rotations to work with my 3-4 workouts per week needs?

Maybe you could just eliminate some of the workouts, for example if the generic makeup of an existing rotation is something like this:

M: Cardio
T: Total Body strength
W: Cardio
Th: Lower body workout
F: Circuit
Sat: Upper body
Sun: Off

You could take out a cardio and the upper body day (because you worked upper body on the total body day, and a bit on the circuit day) and it would become:

M:Cardio
T: Total Body strength
W: Off
Th: Lower Body
F: Circuit
Sat: Off
Sun: Off

By the way, I have no idea if the above "generic" rotation exists, I just made it up as an example. :)

Rushfit-its the only total body that's 30 min and gets your heart rate up as much as kickboking
or p90x+ also total body but longer
i have a wacky rotation depending on the days i missed and work-sales floor.

laura

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.