Done with Insanity,,,need advice on a NEW cathe DVD!!

morgs

Cathlete
WOW,,,after 8 full weeks of Insanity, I do have to say that was a challenging DVD system to use. After a while I have to admit that doing all those drills got to be a little repetitive. All in all though, I do see a LOT of definition in my legs,,, my thighs slimmed down a bit,,, I have a little more definition in my abs and that's about it. The push ups got a little sickening though, however, I am glad that I tried it & thanks all for the advice on Insanity,, gonna still keep three of the DVD's in my rotation cause I loved them : Max Interval Cirtuit, Max Cardio Conditioning, and Cardio Core and Balance. BUT am VERY excited to get back into Cathe ! I got my new Feel Fit Wear outfit ready to go, ( Those 'Lucile' Capris ROCK ! ) and am set to order a New Cathe DVD this Friday . Looking for advice though, I am stuck on these four DVD's

Intensity
MMA Kickbox
MMA Boxing
MMA Fusion
HIIT

I am looking for strictly cardio here and noticed that HiiT is a LOT like Insanity. 30 second drills with 20 second rests ( vice versa ? ) My body responds HUGE to kick box DVD's so if anyone has any of the DVD's listed above, opinions are VERY welcome. Looking to avoid any step routines. I've got plenty of them. ( Which has me stuck on Intensity cause I know there is a step routine in that one) Eitherway, advice is always apreciated. Happy New Year everyone ! Looking forward to a kick ass 2011.

Morgan

Hi Morgan,

Great job on Insanity! Don't have any suggestions, I've done a premix from Intensity but it takes me right to the limit! New duds too! How cool!

Lot of talk about Rapid Fire right now (not Cathe though) maybe someone will chime in on that one, I'd have to go for the MMAs first. I'm starting out the new year with 3-day splits, probably right through February.

...Looking forward to a kick "arse" 2011.

Morgan
;)

Mee Too!
Linda

Hey Linda,

Thanks for the heads up on Rapid Fire. I think ( after viewing the videos ) I am going to go for MMA Kickbox and also MMA Fusion.

I was going to go with HiiT, BUT, am getting a little tired of the bootcamp type drills and want some steady state Kickbox/cardio.

Have to admit, I didn't do Insanity ALL the way through. I think I missed out on a total of 8 work outs through the whole 8 weeks. Still,, a tough one to do,,,definately NOT for the beginner ;)

Thanks again,

Morgan

I Love MMA Boxing although it's probably not as intense as Hiit. Probably none of the MMAs will be, I haven't tried fusion though. MMA Boxing is one of my all time fav Cathe workouts though because it is so fun! It doesn't have any kicking drills, it is straight up punching combinations with some lower body drills that focus on jump rope/agility type drills. I had overuse pain in my hip over the summer from too much kickboxing so MMA boxing was perfect. I still got a great cardio workout (burned about 450 calories during the 50 min workout) and it allowed my hip to heal.

Oh, it has an awesome core segment at the end and an add-on heavy bag workout. I don't have a heavy bag but I have done it w/o one and it was still good. You'll definitely have fun with this one :)

Hi Morgan,

I just did MMA Kickbox for the first time a few days ago and loved it! I don't have MMA Fusion, but MMA Boxing is also one of my favorite cardio DVDs!:D

Let us know what you think of them!

Julie

Hi Morgan,

I completed Insanity in the summer...I was soooo glad to finish it. A tough program that's effective, but too hard and repetitive to really enjoy for that length of time. I haven't used any of the videos you mentioned except for HiiT. I LOVE THAT ONE. Ok, so it's not as long as Insanity...but keep in mind that Cathe does it the right way (i.e., after a 10 minute "Warm up" she doesn't take you into a "cool down" style stretch). I think this one is a very good and ENJOYABLE (as far as HiiT training can be, that is!) video. I use it twice a week in my rotations...

Good luck!
Lynne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.