Creating a Rotation

Hi I saw that no one has answered your question yet so I'll add my two cents. In general you stay with a rotation as long as you continue to see results. Depending on the person and rotation this varies, but the average is 4-8 weeks. At that point, you want to change your rotation to continue to challenge your body to push you past the plateau. For instance if you had done a rotation that focused mainly on strength training with slower, heavier reps, you'd change it to focus on increasing the number or reps. Some people will also choose to focus more on one particular body part such as legs, or even on more emphasis on cardio. Within the strength training arena you can also change the types of workouts you do each rotation, such as the "pyramid" system or "super sets" and also if you choose to hit each body part on the same day ie. a "total body" workout or to do "splits", ie. working only 1-2 body parts per day. For any rotation you do it's always good to vary the variety of cardio, ie. step, hi/lo, kickboxing, interval workouts; and to always take at least 1 or 2 rest days each week to let your body repair itself. Some will often choose to include a day of stretching or yoga or to make their "rest" day be a yoga day.

Hope this helps,

Stacy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.