2 A day rotation

JennieMac

Hello! Just a quick question...
I'm pretty time challenged right now, and I'm trying to concentrate more on strength training than cardio (I was skinny before and am gaining up to my ideal weight for health purposes) I have about three days to workout purely during the week, and I've just gotten the Gymstyles (I also own Pyramids, muscle max, most of the Cathe Tapes.) I've started doing GS Legs in the morning, and the GS Chest, Triceps Premix (35 minutes) andthe GS Biceps,Back, Shoulders Premix and Core in the Afternoon due to my restraints, on Monday and Wednesday, and Friday abs/pilates. I guess just wondering if that makes sense or not...Thanks for any input, I've been reading this forum for some time now and find you guys really inspiring!:)

Hi Jennie and welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure: are you doing all of the GS listed on each day MWF (3x per week) -OR- all of the GS listed on the same day once per week with abs and pilates on MWF?

And are you doing any cardio?

Hi, that post probably sounds confusing, sorry. I was doing GS Legs in the morning , then the two GS Upper body premixes w/abs in the afternoon on just Monday and Wednesday, then abs/pilates on Friday. I have a little time for cardio sprinkled throughout the week, i do fast walking and i'm going to try one of Cathe's cardio dvds. I used to be fairly toned (and am getting my shape and weight back pretty well now) but lost a *lot* of weight during a stressful/ill time in the beginning of the year and am trying to stabilize. Heehee, maybe I'm just trying to adapt my schedule to these new GS workouts which I LOVE. (it's also my first time doing "splits"). o well...:)

Jennie,

If you are seeing the results you want, if your body is feeling energized and healthy versus run-down and yucky, and you're enjoying your workouts - then it must be OK.

I would suggest, if it's possible, to insert at least one more rest day between the weight workouts since you're working your total body pretty hard with the GS. What I mean, your GS w/o on Monday, your abs/pilates on Wednesday, and the second GS w/o on Thursday or Friday with your cardio worked in as you like or time allows. Those rest days between weight workouts are important to give those muscle recovery/growth time.

I'm not so good at designing rotations, so hopefully you'll get some more knowledgable responses.

HTH you:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.