Question about e-bay

DebD

Cathlete
I have several old tapes (Kathy Smith, Claudia Shauffer, Buns of Steel, Crunch etc.) I was wondering if someone could tell me the best way to sell them. I'm not quite sure how to do it on e-bay.
Thanks,
Debbie

Hi, Debbie--
Just go to ebay and they'll walk you through the whole process. I asked about this on videofitness.com, and they advised me to start low (4-5 dollars per tape), which will encourage people to bid. I successfully sold some tapes there a couple of months ago. Another option is the Firm website, which allows you to sell or trade any tapes you have. I've never checked it out.
Good luck!
Wendy

Debbie:
I both sell and buy tapes ALL THE TIME on Ebay! (Actually I hate to admit it, but I go on Ebay at least 4-5 times a week to check out tapes that are being sold!!! Not good for my pocketbook but I love when I sell a whole bunch of them...so it all "evens out" in the end anyway!)

ANYWAY...they do "walk you through it". And I agree, start at a low bidding price...I generally make my bidding price pretty low if it's an older tape, a little bit higher if it's a newer tape that I'm sure people may want.

I generally offer two shipping costs to anyone that "wins" the auction. Priority Mail which is $3.50 or Media Mail which is $1.30. I do explain however that Media Mail can take anywhere from 3 days to 14 days to arrive.

I also will accept payment via Paypal or check/money order. I also tell them that if it's by check, that the item will NOT be mailed out until the check clears.

Just wanted to let you know that I've NEVER had a problem with both buying and selling on Ebay. I've dealt with some really nice people...

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Terri

It's not difficult

I've both bought and sold tapes and other things on ebay several times. I can't say I've never had any problems, but the few I've had have definitely been the exceptions to the rule. For the most part people are courteous and honest. Ebay has preocedures in place to help you deal with any who are not.

I agree that it's important to start your bidding price low. I also don't put a reserve price on anything ( That's a price you can enter as the minimum you'll actually sell it for, even if the starting bid is lower ). I seem to notice that people are willing to bid more often and go higher of they know that if they're the high bidder at the end of the auction, it's thiers.

Have fun! It's great having a stash for future video purchases, and Cathe IS going to be starting to take pre-orders in just 32 days! :)

Erin

Another alternative: Half.com

My personal selling site of preference these days is Half.com. They are an eBay company but allow you to set your price and the item just sits there until someone is willing to pay that price. That way there's no risk that you'll get less for it than you want, as long as you don't mind waiting. Some things sell in a matter of days or even hours, others will take longer. It's MUCH easier to list items on Half than on eBay...all you basically need is the UPC or ISBN number. Good luck whatever you decide.

http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/pamdevils.gif http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/pamelavf.gif http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/pamdevils.gif
[font color='red']144 pounds gone...and counting![/font]

RE: Another alternative: Half.com

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-28-01 AT 07:04PM (Est)[/font][p]Wow!!! I'm glad I asked. Thanks for the great advice. I plan to use any money I make to buy Cathe's new tapes. I'm so excited.

Debbie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.