Daily Check-In, Monday, April 1, 2024

Putting on my swimsuit and heading out to the Y. Really looking forward to some swim time. I love the water and have always been an excellent swimmer. The leg and the arm are a little tight and tingly this morning. Hoping the water loosens everything up and gives me some alternatives. Will let you know.

Happy Monday!

Good Morning Everyone,

Enjoy your swim Anita! Let us know how it goes.

Today I did a mix of Cathe Live Slammin' Cardio Express for 30 minutes (I've done this one before - I know 'cos of the outfit more than the workout - what's the brand of leggings Cathe is wearing in this one?). I added on 20 minutes of Pilates from Boho Beautiful.

Happy April Fool's Day friends!

Good morning Anita & Siobhan.

Anita, hope the pool works out good for you!

Siobhan, nice job with CatheLive Slammin' Cardio Express for 30 minutes and Boho
Pilates for another 20 min. Nice long workout!

Today's workouts:

Blender- "Perfect 30 Series Sampler" - 27 min.
Hydrow Circuit Training # 55- 20 min. Rowing & Bodyweight AMRAP
YT-Anabolic Aliens- 5 min. Shoulders Weight Plate workout

Waves to Lannette, Nora & Annette. Everyone enjoy your day!

Today was Stott Basic Pilates Vol-1 24m, Cathe ICE: To the Mat Ball Only 21m, Pelvic Fascia Flossing 15m

Linda, thanks for acknowledging my goal yesterday. I appreciate it.

Lannette, your workout today, Stott Basic Pilates Vol-1 24m, Cathe ICE: To the Mat Ball Only 21m, Pelvic Fascia Flossing 15m sounds great. I need to check out that ball only
premix on Ice TTM, sounds good.

Yes, Lannette! Sorry, I was in a hurry this morning. I did see the Firm/push-ups goal was smashed — way to go! That’s such an accomplishment. You should be chuffed.

“Deep Water Aqua Aerobics” was a hit. Me and the 75-year-olds hit it right off. LOL 60 minutes in the books.

My left arm was intermittently numb, tingly, or tight, but the water definitely helped my it and my hip. We did “all the things”. It’s a good workout if you take it seriously.

They keep the water really warm, though. That’s great if you’re just pleasure swimming. Not so much if you’re lap-swimming. But it’s great to have the option.

All the ab moves we did were amazing in the water. No pressure on my spine. We used dumbbells, but I can’t help but think if there’s an “ankle weight” option for more resistance. Will suss that out later.

Good job today, ladies! You never fail to show up and take care of yourselves. Happy Monday!

Oohh, deep water Aqua aerobics…..I have used the Aqua dumbbells & Aqua ankle
weights in the water. The ankle weights plus resistance of the water is great, especially
for thing like side leg lifts, etc standing at the side of the pool. My love is Aqua Step.

….
Oohh, deep water Aqua aerobics…..I have used the Aqua dumbbells & Aqua ankle
weights in the water. The ankle weights plus resistance of the water is great, especially
for thing like side leg lifts, etc standing at the side of the pool. My love is Aqua Step.
There’s… there’s AQUA STEP?! I need this.

Well, probably not so much now, as far as classes….YEARS ago, when I went to
fitness center, they started Aqua step classes. There are (or were) steps made for
aqua step…..I took the classes and the rest was history:)….. I kept up with it by
buying my own Speedo step, and taking my music to the pool…music for Aqua step
has to be a lot slower……like 105- 108 bpm, cause you just can’t keep up with it
much faster, especially doing “regular” step combos….but I absolutely love it. It’s
been years……but I still have my stuff! It was popular back then and I had videos
to give me my ideas.

Hey girls, I started a poll with age groups on people doing Cathe workouts….it’s under
Open Discussion and starts with Updated poll 2024…..please post your age group
(you don’t have to put your name, anything like that, simply click your age group.
there was one 9 years ago which was very interesting…(a link to it is in the thread
How old is old…….might be fun to see how things have changed….or not.
TIA

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

Today I got a late start then had trouble finding something to do. I finally tried some new lady on YouTube but only managed 15 minutes of her cardio kickboxing, it was disjointed. So I battled my blu-ray player and finally got KCM TLC to play and I did the boxing combos premix with my boxing gloves on which is 32 minutes long. So now I feel like I did something, Yay me!

I did water aerobics way back in my 20's when I had hurt my back so anything jarring was out of the question. I liked it, but I don't swim so it wasn't deep water.

Now I need to clean some.

Nice workouts ladies!!

Hello ladies, hope everyone had a nice Easter!

Anita- I'm excited for you to go swimming atthe Y. That should feel amazing for your arms & legs that are tingly.
Yay, you enjoy swimming so water aerobics should be awesome, maybe there's even a water step aerobics class as well. Enjoy the water areobics class.
Well done, glad you had fun! ;) Have a great day;)

Siobhan- Nice way start off your Monday. Great job on today's workouts with:
Cathe Live- Salmmin' Cardio Express = 30 Min
Bo Beautiful Pilates= 20 Min

Nice combo way to get it done, high fives;)

Linda- Nice mix of fun stuff today with:

Blender- "Perfect 30 Series Sampler" - 27 min.- cool
Hydrow Circuit Training # 55- 20 min. Rowing & Bodyweight AMRAP - sounds tough
YT-Anabolic Aliens- 5 min. Shoulders Weight Plate workout - good stuff
High fives and WTG on all your fun workouts today. Hope you had a nice Easter weekend:) Have a nice day.

Lannette- Whoo hooo on smashing your firm/push up goal, that is awesome high fives!!:)

Great job on today's workout with:

Stott Basic Pilates Vol-1= 24 Min
ICE: To the Mat- Ball Only= 21 Min
Pelvic Fascia Flossing= 15 Min
Way to be amazing. Have a good day:)

Annette- Great job on your workout today with:

YT- New lady?- For kickboxing = 15 Min
KCM TLC- boxing combos premix with my boxing gloves on = 32 Min - Love TLC its a fun one!

Well done, have a blessed day;)

Here's today's workouts:

YT- Kaliegh Cohen Cycling- MOTIVATING THE BURN - 30 Min Cycling Workout= 30 Min
TaeBo Cardio Circuit 2 = 52 Min
Jessica Smith - 10 Min Quick Walks- Abs & Arms Walk= 11 Min

Have a great day ladies:)

Nora

Nice workout Nora
YT- Kaliegh Cohen Cycling- MOTIVATING THE BURN - 30 Min Cycling Workout= 30 Min
TaeBo Cardio Circuit 2 = 52 Min. Sounds tuff!
Jessica Smith - 10 Min Quick Walks- Abs & Arms Walk= 11 Min. Love these short walks!

FYI

Did a deep dive into DDD/stenosis exercises, prevention, reversal, etc today and found this guy. https://epmpt.mykajabi.com/ He knows what’s up. He explained all the surgical and non surgical options and WOW, was I floored. I had seen the term “laminectomy” thrown around a bit. But he actually explained what it is and it’s horrifying. No way am I ever considering that.

Long Story short: I need to strengthen my abs the right way and open up the joints in my back. No cobra poses (that position compresses the joints), no Russian twists (that stresses the joints and pinches), etc etc etc.

I purchased his 28-day Back Boost program ($97) and I just did the first “workout”. Grear great stuff. Very pleased.

i also did a dive on nutrition. No big surprises there. Eat whole foods, no sugar, no processed foods, etc. Duh.

So I’m feeling hopeful. Thanks, ladies, you’re amazing.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.