College

spunky

Cathlete
I am currently in college and have been doing videos for 8 years. I am noticing now that I eat at night to keep me focusing on my homework and was wondering if any of you had helpful hints to keep me going without going to the fridge. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Nights are notorious...

...for me as well. I have tried making decaf coffee (or tea would work) which seems to really soothe the stomach w/o needing to stuff myself. Drinking water helps, too. This will sound silly, but some nights I brush my teeth to stop myself from eating! I (probably) am a lot older than you, but I hope these ideas are helpful. When I recently went through a graduate program, I eventually gave in to less overall fitness and more snacking just to survive. Now I have reeled myself in and feel in control again. Sometimes its OK to go easy on yourself when you are under a lot of pressure....

Joanna

RE: Nights are notorious...

Joanna, thanks for your reply. I feel much better and will give decaf coffee a try!

RE: Nights are notorious...

Hi, Ive done the college thing so I know where you're coming from. During those times at night, for a study break, sometimes I would do a set of ab crunches or a set of pushups. If you cant resist the frig....then dont!! Sometimes giving in to your need to run to the frig is the only way to move on, but if you must head for the frig, eat healthy. I always keep a bag of baby carrots around. I'm the type of person who needs to snack on something crunchy. For my times when I crave something sweet, I go for sugar-free hot chocolate, decaf & sugarfree General Food International coffees, or Dole Fruit n Juice Bars...only 45 calories and zero fat. Overtime, knowing that going to the frig was okay and not forbidden, I felt the urge less and less. Good luck!

:) Stacy

I never say "NO"

to myself; I always say "later..." I love sweets. But I hate plain water: do I make Crystal Lite and dilute it by half and it gives me enough flavor to go....and I know one eats when one can drink just as well....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.