For KCM fans: filming soon

maddiesmum

Cathlete
1) Details Kelly Coffey-Meyer released today on FB about filming 2 new workouts real soon:

"Great news fitness enthusiasts, I'm getting ready to film two more DVDs.

The first DVD I'm adding to my 30-Minutes to Fitness series, is all about lifting Heavy. It's a fact that muscle burns calories and makes everyday tasks much easier. It's also a fact that we lose muscle every year after age 26. No worries, this workout will help you regain the muscle you need for your body to function at its highest potential...

DVD number Two is called 30-Minutes to Fitness "Home Gym Intervals".
This workout gets so much done in so little time! Home Gym Intervals utilizes whatever cardio equipment you have (treadmill, elliptical, bike, etc...) and a pair of dumbbells. You'll be surprised how many miles you accomplish and how energized the dumbbells make you feel in only 30 minutes. Cardio machines can be really boring and seem better used as a place to hang clothes...Until now!
Home Gym Intervals takes out the dread of long, joint stressing cardio sessions and makes your Home your Gym!"

2) When asked about alternatives to the cardio sections on workout #2 for those with no home cardio equipment, KCM stated:

"I'm so excited about these two! They are wonderfully opposite and fit beautifully in any rotation. I am doing most of my training for the weights one at home because aerobic/group fitness rooms do not have the heavy dumbbells needed (eg; I use 25-30 lb DBS for bench press, not sure if I'll increase that by the time of filming...) I don't use a bar because I don't want to waste time setting up and want to use the equipment most home exercises have handy. The only thing here is that you do need heavy DBS...or will eventually need them. You can use your bench, a step for a bench, or the floor(options/modifications will be shown).
There are only 8 reps in a set...you should pick a weight heavy enough that makes you struggle a little to get the 8.

Workout one is chest/back/shoulders(abs) and workout two is arms/legs/gluteus. As you can imagine you will also have great premixes to choose from!

The interval workout is my go to at least once a week even if I am not up for a cardio workout. This training takes out the dread of simply getting started in a steady state workout. it's way less boring and less stressful on the joints...not to mention the fact that it's way more effective than a steady state workout. This workout saves me more times than not!!!

You can jump rope for the cardio drills, march, jog, jacks....stay tuned as I might add a special mix with these options(might). Also there will be a premix not using the machines, DBS drills intervalled with floor cardio drills..... As always, I give you more than what's upfront!"

Stop the press! Stop the press!

Clare

1) Details Kelly Coffey-Meyer released today on FB about filming 2 new workouts real soon:

"Great news fitness enthusiasts, I'm getting ready to film two more DVDs.

The first DVD I'm adding to my 30-Minutes to Fitness series, is all about lifting Heavy. It's a fact that muscle burns calories and makes everyday tasks much easier. It's also a fact that we lose muscle every year after age 26. No worries, this workout will help you regain the muscle you need for your body to function at its highest potential...

DVD number Two is called 30-Minutes to Fitness "Home Gym Intervals".
This workout gets so much done in so little time! Home Gym Intervals utilizes whatever cardio equipment you have (treadmill, elliptical, bike, etc...) and a pair of dumbbells. You'll be surprised how many miles you accomplish and how energized the dumbbells make you feel in only 30 minutes. Cardio machines can be really boring and seem better used as a place to hang clothes...Until now!
Home Gym Intervals takes out the dread of long, joint stressing cardio sessions and makes your Home your Gym!"

2) When asked about alternatives to the cardio sections on workout #2 for those with no home cardio equipment, KCM stated:

"I'm so excited about these two! They are wonderfully opposite and fit beautifully in any rotation. I am doing most of my training for the weights one at home because aerobic/group fitness rooms do not have the heavy dumbbells needed (eg; I use 25-30 lb DBS for bench press, not sure if I'll increase that by the time of filming...) I don't use a bar because I don't want to waste time setting up and want to use the equipment most home exercises have handy. The only thing here is that you do need heavy DBS...or will eventually need them. You can use your bench, a step for a bench, or the floor(options/modifications will be shown).
There are only 8 reps in a set...you should pick a weight heavy enough that makes you struggle a little to get the 8.

Workout one is chest/back/shoulders(abs) and workout two is arms/legs/gluteus. As you can imagine you will also have great premixes to choose from!

The interval workout is my go to at least once a week even if I am not up for a cardio workout. This training takes out the dread of simply getting started in a steady state workout. it's way less boring and less stressful on the joints...not to mention the fact that it's way more effective than a steady state workout. This workout saves me more times than not!!!

You can jump rope for the cardio drills, march, jog, jacks....stay tuned as I might add a special mix with these options(might). Also there will be a premix not using the machines, DBS drills intervalled with floor cardio drills..... As always, I give you more than what's upfront!"

Stop the press! Stop the press!

Clare

No use of BB. Really :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:most of home exercisers do not have it handy Hmmm :-/??? Why this element was not taken into account while producing LIFT.:eek::eek: Really intrigued. Feel free to substitute a BB could have been the answer...Oh well...

That being said I will give these new KCM goodies a try.

Thanks clare for posting this :)

Thanks for posting. I'm definitely interested in the first, not sure about the second. I suppose I could use my spin bike or pull out my rowing machine, but I really hope she does a PM that does not use cardio equipment. What would be great are a couple boxing PMs---shadow box PM w/heavy emphasis on upper body, one with a combo punching/kicking, and one maybe more leg focused (kick fest!).

I understand why she's doing this type of cardio workout---it is different and has lots of options. It should appeal to a lot of folks.

Kelly posted on FB that filming will begin on march 8th so preorders will begin in the beginning of march.

Another Kelly post regarding her new workouts:

To All of you who want floor cardio as well as cardio equipment used in Home Gym Intervals,

I've been dwelling over this workout (Home Gym Intervals)and its options for days now and since I last posted here I looked even harder at it to finalize the format. I have to say that I am really, really excited about this workout and want to stay true to my gutt in offering it. I have the same feeling for this one that I did before I filmed TLC...something feels really great about it!

So, I'm going to keep these workouts focused on cardio machines and save all of my floor cardio for my next filming, as I have some great workouts planned in the future. As I said before I hate to dissappoint any of you, but I just released two "more traditional" intervals(Shape Up and Trim Down) and I really want to offer you something different.

As I've said in the past, I don't want to always come out of the gate with the same kinds of workouts. I want to give you fresh and different workouts that will keep us both interested and growing together.

*Please keep in mind that the DB moves are focueed, yet cardio based(think Powersculpting from LIFT) and there is an added Abs bonus on the DVD. Put those together and you get a great cardio sculpting workout. Also keep in mind that with the presale prices will be free shipping.

Thank you for all your input!

Another Kelly post regarding her new workouts:

To All of you who want floor cardio as well as cardio equipment used in Home Gym Intervals,

I've been dwelling over this workout (Home Gym Intervals)and its options for days now and since I last posted here I looked even harder at it to finalize the format. I have to say that I am really, really excited about this workout and want to stay true to my gutt in offering it. I have the same feeling for this one that I did before I filmed TLC...something feels really great about it!

So, I'm going to keep these workouts focused on cardio machines and save all of my floor cardio for my next filming, as I have some great workouts planned in the future. As I said before I hate to dissappoint any of you, but I just released two "more traditional" intervals(Shape Up and Trim Down) and I really want to offer you something different.

As I've said in the past, I don't want to always come out of the gate with the same kinds of workouts. I want to give you fresh and different workouts that will keep us both interested and growing together.

*Please keep in mind that the DB moves are focueed, yet cardio based(think Powersculpting from LIFT) and there is an added Abs bonus on the DVD. Put those together and you get a great cardio sculpting workout. Also keep in mind that with the presale prices will be free shipping.

Thank you for all your input!

I like this very much :):):)

I'm interested in this DVD also. While my old exercise bike is probably not ideal for spin, it might be just perfect for the cardio in this workout. I really like this idea! Good for her to follow her "gut" too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.