Check in right here at 12:30 today

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone. I'll be right here in this thread from 12:30pm to 1:30pm eastern to answer any specific fitness questions you may have. Whether it be rotation questions, a specific workout you need help deciding upon or simply to tell me how your doing with your workout programs, I'll be here. You can start posting your questions now if you like. See you in 17 minutes :D

Hi Cathe!

I'm glad you're here! I know you've heard this many times, but I just wanted to thank-you for the new LIS series. I'm really enjoying it, and find it so challenging, but in a good way. I'm working my way up to perfecting all the burpee moves with the S&G disks - what motivated you to incorporate these moves into many of the new workouts? Did you find them challenging for yourself at first?

Hi Cathe, hope your holidays were nice and relaxing.
I am wondering which rotation would be good for some weight loss and muscle definition. Right now I am doing the LIS November rotation and looked at the January rotations and they both look great.

My first thought was to do the LIS/STS full body then go into the longer rotation.

My biggest problem area is the thighs/hips/butt and I think or at least hoping the LIS series is good for these areas.

I am also feeling stronger in my upper body due to all the burpees/mountain climbers, etc.

Thanks and if you have any other suggestions for rotations or workouts, I would greatly appreciate it. I try to stay away from step workouts as they can aggravate my knees but the parts in athletic training are great.

Rhonda

So glad you are enjoying the new series Melanie! I have gotten lots of great feedback on these :) Keep up the great work!

I love the burpees with the slide and glide discs. It makes the move so much more comfortable as the legs do not jump back and in and instead slide back and in. In fact I recommend the slide and glide burpee version to anyone who has the discs. Especially when I do them on the step bonus challenge in both the Low Impact Challenge and Cardio Supersets.

As far as incorporating burpees into the new workouts, this was just a given for me. I think I have included burpees in my routines for about the last five or six years due to the industry's upward shift towards boot camp and circuit workouts. Burpees are a standard military move (as well as a standard exercise in youth Phys Ed classes) and therefore they surface a lot in these type of workouts.

While I know some fitness enthusiasts really enjoy burpees, I will admit they are not a favorite move of mine. Not because they are hard, I actually don't find them hard to do but I find they don't get my heart rate up the way other moves do. But I include them because they do deliver the goods when it comes to using the core, arms and legs.

Stay Strong and Happy New Year!

Hi Cathe!

I'm glad you're here! I know you've heard this many times, but I just wanted to thank-you for the new LIS series. I'm really enjoying it, and find it so challenging, but in a good way. I'm working my way up to perfecting all the burpee moves with the S&G disks - what motivated you to incorporate these moves into many of the new workouts? Did you find them challenging for yourself at first?

Cathe - At age 66 and at an intermediate level....

My workout plan is:

Mon - upper body
Tues - step class at the gym
Wed - lower body
Thurs - treadmill or elliptical at the gym
Fri - day off
Sat - total body
Sunday - step class at the gym

For weight workouts, I am using:

Muscle Max (love love love it)
Pyramid
High Reps
Pure Strength Series
Slow and Heavy Series
Gym Styles Series (haven't tried this yet)
STS Total Body (love it)

I have LIS, but I'm not ready for the pace of those yet...

I am making the weight workouts an intermediate level by using lighter weights.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Love your workouts !!!!! They are the bestest !!!

Hi Rhonda!

The three month workout I just posted for January will be perfect for you. If you want to just do this January's one month, you can do that too but on the weeks where we do trisets upper and lower body ( verses STS Total Body) you should add a day with either Turbo Barre or Butts and Guts.

You may also want to add in Leaner Legs and Legs and Glutes (on separate weeks) for some shock value when you are feeling extra exergized during your one month rotation.

Have fun!

Hi Cathe, hope your holidays were nice and relaxing.
I am wondering which rotation would be good for some weight loss and muscle definition. Right now I am doing the LIS November rotation and looked at the January rotations and they both look great.

My first thought was to do the LIS/STS full body then go into the longer rotation.

My biggest problem area is the thighs/hips/butt and I think or at least hoping the LIS series is good for these areas.

I am also feeling stronger in my upper body due to all the burpees/mountain climbers, etc.

Thanks and if you have any other suggestions for rotations or workouts, I would greatly appreciate it. I try to stay away from step workouts as they can aggravate my knees but the parts in athletic training are great.

Rhonda

Hi Susan! I love your committment to fitness!

Please tell me what your goals are so that I can be of better help to you with advice. All the workouts you mention are great for strength and conditioning but if I know what your goals are I can make further recommendations.

Thanks Susan :)

Cathe - At age 66 and at an intermediate level....

My workout plan is:

Mon - upper body
Tues - step class at the gym
Wed - lower body
Thurs - treadmill or elliptical at the gym
Fri - day off
Sat - total body
Sunday - step class at the gym

For weight workouts, I am using:

Muscle Max (love love love it)
Pyramid
High Reps
Pure Strength Series
Slow and Heavy Series
Gym Styles Series (haven't tried this yet)
STS Total Body (love it)

I have LIS, but I'm not ready for the pace of those yet...

I am making the weight workouts an intermediate level by using lighter weights.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Love your workouts !!!!! They are the bestest !!!

Hi Cathe Just wanted to say I did your Heavy Bag workout for the first time yesterday.
I got a Heavy Bag for Christmas and pink gloves to go with it.
After 5 minutes I was tired. Much more so than just hitting air.
I wasn't expecting it to be like that.
I did make it through the 20 minutes and I enjoyed the workout.
So of course I need another 20 minute Heavy Bag workout to go with it. So that one will not be lonely. ;) (that was just a small hint).

Saundra

Just popping in to say, Hi, Cathe. Thanks again for taking care of us, the new rotations look awesome!! Happy New Year!

What a great holiday gift you got Saundra.

Yes, hitting the bag is a whole new animal isn't it? Totally spikes your heart rate and you have to learn to pace yourself in a much different way than shadow boxing (striking air). I will probably do another heavy bag bonus workout sometime in the future. Until then, keep on punching :D

Hi Cathe Just wanted to say I did your Heavy Bag workout for the first time yesterday.
I got a Heavy Bag for Christmas and pink gloves to go with it.
After 5 minutes I was tired. Much more so than just hitting air.
I wasn't expecting it to be like that.
I did make it through the 20 minutes and I enjoyed the workout.
So of course I need another 20 minute Heavy Bag workout to go with it. So that one will not be lonely. ;) (that was just a small hint).

Saundra

Hi Cathe,

I can't thank you enough for all that you do for us.

My joints and I are loving the low-impact and I am very excited about the new rotations (especially the 3-month).

I also have to thank you for introducing me to spinning; my newest cardio addiction!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for continuing to inspire (and perspire!) us.

Laura

Hi Susan! I love your committment to fitness!

Please tell me what your goals are so that I can be of better help to you with advice. All the workouts you mention are great for strength and conditioning but if I know what your goals are I can make further recommendations.

Thanks Susan :)

I have been active all my life. Grew up swimming, riding bicycles, walking, fishing, rowing an old rowboat around the creek near our home.. then as a younger adult - tennis, golf, Nautilus machines at the gym, walking on the indoor track, continued bicycling, etc.

And I was a normal weight.

In the last 15 years - following a divorce and the loss of both of my parents.... I have gained 45 lbs. I have continued going to the gym.. doing treadmill primarily, but also doing some of the weight machines at the gym.

A personal trainer at the gym convinced me that I needed to add weight workouts to my routine if I was going to make any progress on the weight loos (in addition, of course, to cleaning up my diet.. which has gotten sloppy.. after 50 years of eating healthy... I let the junk food slip in.. big time).

That's when I started Googling and found you !!!! Best find ever !!!

So.. long story short...

1) Lose 45 lbs
2) Build muscle (to keep me healthy going into old age i.e. post-75 :p )
3) Have fun, feel good, have lots of energy

I have great flexibility... yoga/pilates are no problem.

P.S. I also have no problem doing the 1 hour step classes at my gym 2x per week
And no problem doing 3 or 4 miles on the treadmill at a 1% incline and a speed of 3.7 MPH

Weights .... I am a low intermediate but loving it... especially my new Troy Lite barbell !!!

Last edited:
(((((JENN))))) I hope you had a nice holiday. Yes, it was fun putting together those goodie bags and I couldn't have done it without our creative photographer Cyndi. So glad you likey! Happy New Year :D

Just popping in to say, Hi, Cathe. Thanks again for taking care of us, the new rotations look awesome!! Happy New Year!

Cathe,

Thank you for EVERYTHING! The January 3-month rotation is splendid. I wanted to do an STS 5 1/2 month rotation (repeating weeks on Mesos 1 and 2 and doing Meso 3 as written). I plan to fuse the rotations using LIS and STS Cardio. For example: Week 1 of the STS/LIS rotation followed by Week 1 of the STS/STS Cardio rotation. For Meso 3, I'll follow the STS/LIS rotation. Do you think that would work well? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

LOL, loved your last line Laura. So funny! Thanks for sharing your feedback. And yes, spinning is great fun. I will be filming more cycle workouts for sure ( just don't know when ;))

Hi Cathe,

I can't thank you enough for all that you do for us.

My joints and I are loving the low-impact and I am very excited about the new rotations (especially the 3-month).

I also have to thank you for introducing me to spinning; my newest cardio addiction!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for continuing to inspire (and perspire!) us.

Laura

Saundra

My Heavy Bag Bonus workout is very lonely :( and MUCH used. It would LOVE some company. (Another vote for Saundra's small hint).;)

That sounds like a great plan Elsie...I love it....go for it. Very versatile and effective too...Enjoy!

Cathe,

Thank you for EVERYTHING! The January 3-month rotation is splendid. I wanted to do an STS 5 1/2 month rotation (repeating weeks on Mesos 1 and 2 and doing Meso 3 as written). I plan to fuse the rotations using LIS and STS Cardio. For example: Week 1 of the STS/LIS rotation followed by Week 1 of the STS/STS Cardio rotation. For Meso 3, I'll follow the STS/LIS rotation. Do you think that would work well? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.