Anyone uses pull-up bands on the Iron Gym pull-up bar?

ilovefitness

Cathlete
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience using pull-up bands to do assisted pull-ups on the Iron Gym at home?

What type of pull-up bands do you use?

Thanks.

It's the only way I can do a pull up, so far. :D I have an iron woody band.
I purchased it when STS first came out.
I think this is where I bought mine:

Woody Bands, Fitness Bands, Flex Bands, Exercise Bands from Iron Woody Fitness

I have the light green one.

Thank you for responding! :)

Did you loop the band over the pull-up bar mounted on the door frame or a stand alone pull-up station?

The reason why I asked is: I was worried and was told that the band might not hold steady on a pull-up bar that's mounted on the door frame.

Thanks!!!!

I would use my iron woody bands - love those things! - on a door frame bar. I gave away my bar, but I never had any problems.

Yes, that is exactly how I use mine ( door frame pull up bar). No problem with it slipping. I only bought one and it is very thick. I do have to climb on a chair to get my foot into the loop, but I am a shorty (5ft tall ;)).
I like how it is easy to put up and take down. I also use my pull bar for knee raises.

Yes, that is exactly how I use mine ( door frame pull up bar). No problem with it slipping. I only bought one and it is very thick. I do have to climb on a chair to get my foot into the loop, but I am a shorty (5ft tall ;)).
I like how it is easy to put up and take down. I also use my pull bar for knee raises.

Cool. Thank you very much for responding!!

I am definitely going to get a band. :cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.