Suggestions on protein powder?

jsutera

Cathlete
Hi Cathe (and fellow Cathletes - please chime in!) - trying to figure out what's the best option for protein powder on the market right now. My husband is into the MetRX ones and I've tried them, they are pretty good mixed with milk and some crushed strawberries but wondering if I should be looking into other kinds, perhaps formulated for women?

Any suggestions or tips would be super helpful!!

Thanks!!

This is the one I use Jess! Gold Standard Whey!

http://www.google.com/products?q=Go...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCsQrQQwAw
Hi Cathe (and fellow Cathletes - please chime in!) - trying to figure out what's the best option for protein powder on the market right now. My husband is into the MetRX ones and I've tried them, they are pretty good mixed with milk and some crushed strawberries but wondering if I should be looking into other kinds, perhaps formulated for women?
Any suggestions or tips would be super helpful!!

Thanks!!

Awesome!! Thank you Cathe. I am going to buy some this weekend, for sure! I'll need it for next weekend (aka Group Kick!!). :)

That was my next question! What flavors are good? Was thinking plain or vanilla would be good since I'd be mixing it into other stuff??

I mix it with low fat milk and maybe throw a banana in... Haven't tried other tastes but I think that the best value for money containers come only in chocolate and vanilla. Other tastes come in smaller packaging.

I get vanilla since I can mix it with anything. My favorite is skim milk or silk, 1 frozen banana and some peanut butter.....yummy!!! Another favorite is to mix with SF (sugar free) chocolate and mix with frozen raspberries or strawberries. Oh, another one SF chocolate and a little peppermint! I'm getting hungry now!!!!

I get vanilla since I can mix it with anything. My favorite is skim milk or silk, 1 frozen banana and some peanut butter.....yummy!!! Another favorite is to mix with SF (sugar free) chocolate and mix with frozen raspberries or strawberries. Oh, another one SF chocolate and a little peppermint! I'm getting hungry now!!!!

Yum! That sounds delish!! Going to try that!

frozen mangoes
tropicana tropical citrus juice
unsweetened almond milk
EAS vanilla whey powder

this was awesome! Or you could just use the whey and 1/2 c 2% milk and 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk.

I also love Myoplex.

I use what Cathe uses and it actually tastes really good. I keep chocolate and vanilla on hand all the time. The choc. I just mix w/ skim milk and ice but the vanilla I tend to sometimes throw in berries and 1/2 banana(when they start to brown put them in the freezer and use them in your protein shakes so you'll never waste another banana.)

I use Gold Standard Whey - double chocolate flavored. I love it, but with skim milk, not water. Why not use it w/ skim milk unless you can't drink milk?
Autumn

I use what Cathe uses and it actually tastes really good. I keep chocolate and vanilla on hand all the time. The choc. I just mix w/ skim milk and ice but the vanilla I tend to sometimes throw in berries and 1/2 banana(when they start to brown put them in the freezer and use them in your protein shakes so you'll never waste another banana.)

oh! The frozen banana idea, I love! Totally gonna try that one!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.