Protien Powder

Tricia Haley

Cathlete
Hi Cathe, I have just started, in the last month, drinking a protien power shake after my weight training workouts and wow! have i felt a difference in my strength and enderance! My question is, should i even have a protien shake after my aerobic workouts & even on rest days for maximum strength and enderance gains? I would love to know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Tricia M.Haley:7

Hi Tricia! I love a protein shake right after a good heavy lift. While I won't say that it is bad to have a protein shake after cardio or on rest days, I personally don't think its needed. I like to replace my carbs after a long endurance cardio session and on my rest days my balanced intake is just fine to support my daily nutritional requirements. I find my stamina and endurance are just fine having my protein this way. Hope this helps!

Thanks Cathe! for the info. What are some good snacks after an intense cardio session? (I am new at the carbs, protien, fats thing)and one last question? If your workout had a mix of cardio/weight intervals (ex. HSTA, cardio & weights, HSC)would you do protien or carb or both replacement? Thanks again, i know you are a busy women and i appreciate you taking time out to answer!

Tricia

:+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.