STS BODY ROCKERS WEEK 12/5=)

erin1621

Cathlete
Ok ladies getting us started. I had a yucky Sunday with hubby breaking a toe, kids both sick and me ending it with a burnt hand! SO i drowned my sarrows in icecream=( And this am I kept DS home from school and I am wait for md office to open to check out lo! Good new is my hand is not as bad as i thought it was going to be. But not sure i will get my work out in today since hubby wont be home till late and i have both kids:( But i will try to keep my eat good all day :D

Good morning All!!

Erin, so sorry you had such a rough Sunday, hope the kids & Hubby have a speedy recovery!! & glad your hand isn't as bad as you thought!!

Katie, the first 2 times I took a spinning class I had some doms, not bad but I could feel that I worked a different set of muscles. The seat at the Y made my butt hurt, & I am happy to say the seat on my bike doesn’t. CM was fun, it felt just like I was in a live class. So happy the adoption is going well!!

Wendy, great job on the 1000 rep workout!! I am planning to try that one day this week after I get a look at it. Congrats on the BF!! You work hard & it’s paying off!! I wouldn’t mind doing S90 with you but I still have Meso 3 to do.

Kris, so sorry to hear about your pet, I don’t have any but I have friends that do, & they are just like a member of the family, so sorry for your loss.

Bridget, you are so right about exercise after weight work helping with doms. I almost always do a little cardio after my weight workouts!! Congrats on the weight loss!! I don’t weigh myself until rest week, I know from experience that I don’t lose while I’m lifting heavy, & seeing no loss discourages me, so I just wait. Good job on Imax3, I haven’t done that one in a while!!

Kiki, congrats to you too for the new spin bike!! I hope your back heals quickly so you can ride it!! I’m always so excited when I get new equipment, right now I’m always on it, it’s my add on to whatever workout I’m doing that day!! & I am kinda surprised you didn’t get CM, but I highly recommend it!!

Hello to anyone I missed, have a great day everyone!!!

Last edited:
Hi gals!

Sorry i've been MIA. Life has been crazy busy lately. I can't remember when I checked in last, so i'll start with this past weekend. Saturday I did Terminator: Gauntlet + BC: Abs Only premix, and I must admit I kicked butt! :eek: Saturday evening I went to a Christmas party in Cincinnati with my law school friends and we had a great time (Sangria and cake pops at 2:00 am anyone? :p) but I was exhausted yesterday. I still snuck in my scheduled workout - Imax 1 - but my heart wasn't into the workout. This morning I did Push/Pull. That one has the best music!

Wiggie: Yay for fun trips! :) I'm very glad to hear you are enjoying your spin bike and CM! I've only taken 1 spinning class in my life and it hurt my tuckus so bad i've been gun shy of spinning ever since.

Erin: Wow, rough Saturday! I'm glad your hand isn't as bad as you thought. I'm sure it still hurts. :( I always put silver on my burns, works like a charm!

Kiki: How's the back feeling? Nice job finishing up Meso 2! You're going to be pryamiding down in no time! :)

Wendy: Nice job with S90 Chest/Back! I'm eager to hear what you think of the S90 workouts. I love Cathe, but almost to the point that I need to start mixing in other instructors, and I might actually be able to afford the S90 series. :p My eating has been OUT OF CONTROL lately! Cookies, sweets, chocolate everywhere. AHHHHHHHHHH. :eek:

Lesia: Awesome premix!! I gotta remember that one. Sounds intense. :)

Bridget: Great job on Imax 3! That's a toughie for sure! How was the light up party? If you can survive Imax 3, you can survive Gauntlet, I promise! You definitely have to be in the "Gauntlet frame of mind" though; when I try to do the workout when i'm tired or not feeling it disaster ensues! :p

Hi Kris, Barb, and Terina!

Katie

Good morning my friends!

Spinning this morning- love it! Didn't post this weekend- I went to a fabulous light up party on Saturday, ate poorly- drank a mystery Polish liqueur that went down real easy, but left me headachy and unfocused the next day. Continued overeating on Sunday- but stayed within my point limit.

Worked 12 hours today, but have the next 2 days off- not sure what I will do tomorrow, or if I will workout tomorrow or take an additional rest day...

Katie- definitely not in the Gauntlet frame of mind just yet, I'll work up to it! How did Sangria & cake pops feel on your head the next day???

Wiggie- keep spinning my friend!

Erin- thanks for starting the thread, sorry for the rough start to the week.

Christmas is coming, can't hardly wait!

Bridget

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies.

This morning was S90 Ultimate Ball.
Day 2 is done.
Only 88 more to go!
:rolleyes::confused::p:D;)

Katie:: I feel bad. The darned timer is still sitting on my kitchen table. I keep forgetting to go to the post office on Saturday! UGH! I will though! I told you I would give it to you so I will get there at some point! :p Nice work outs! Party sounds like it was super fun! :D

Bridget:: Everyone needs a break from a strict diet. Good to let loose sometimes. I know I sure did this weekend so you weren't alone! :D

Erin:: Sorry about your bad day. Hope your week is better!

Wiggie:: Definitely give the 1000 repper a shot. It's tough but not as tough as I expected! You can do it! I went super light with the weight on the jump squats. I highly recommend it! Also, do NOT do push ups with your burpees! :p

Good morning!

Today's workout was Cardio SS + AC: Yoga-Inspired Abs. Every time I do CSS I like it a little bit more! Plus now that i'm mixing the LIS workouts with other high impact workouts, my wrists aren't strained as much which made CSS much more enjoyable for me (my wrists ached through most of November).

Wendy: No worries! I didn't want to bother you about it. I know you've got a lot going on right now. Just know I appreciate your kindness VERY very much! :) What in the world is S90 Ultimate Ball? I mean, I know it's part of the S90 series, but what is the "ultimate ball" part? Sounds intriguing!

Bridget: Great job spinning this morning! I hear ya on the unfocused/over eating on Sunday. I was right there with ya! :eek: Actually, the sangria didn't bother me at all. It tasted fabulous, but the alcohol content was rather low so I barely got a buzz (which is both good and bad). I think the (multiple) cake pops got to me more! :rolleyes:

Sure has been quiet around here lately...where did everyone go? Are you all eating cake pops without me? :p

Katie:: How in the world does one make WEAK sangria and why in the world would you even WANT to!?!? :eek::eek::eek: I lurve sangria more then I love wine itself! OMG so yummy!!!! :D TY for understanding re the timer but in the meantime if you have a smartphone of any sort you should be able to download a free interval timer app! Not as good as the real thing but should be good enough if you'd like to get started trying a few BR's until I get my arse to the P.O.!!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi all ... So start of Week 4 in meso 2. I decided to take this work out to the gym after having trouble lifitng up the 45lbs bb for chest press. And what a disaster that was. I packed my 2lbs gloves so i could try to do my increaments with my work out card. Well I was all over the place at the gym then people asking for my db and just getting really anyoid when the fire alarm goes off!!!! So i go running to pick up my little man and head out in to the ran while the fire dept comes. Now this is not a fire ..they re did this gym and the way the redid it sucks and i think some of the wiring is off. The redo sucks stuff is scatered all over. SO i had had it at that point and was soo upset. I Have 4.5 weeks left and need to figure out what to do. I just cant see fiting in the push pull tower in this tiny apt! Put i want to finish sts!!!!!! Anyway hope my week pics up... and things could be worse =) bbl for personals;)

No workout today- home with sick kid. My 9 yr old has some sort of cold virus- took her to drug store today and she graduated to half strength grown-up cold medicine- much better. Mama knows what's best! hopefully she'll go back in tomorrow, also missed parent-teacher meeting.

Signed up to spin tomorrow, also WW weigh in tomorrow, lets see how the sins of the past weekend reflect on the scale, I still have weekly points left...

Erin- sounds like an eventful day at the gym! Don't worry too much about getting STS right- it might be easier to just do the chest presses in the gym- zip through them at home, note form points, and do what can be done at home, and the rest at the gym. I did that with the chin-ups- pull-ups. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Katie- At my party this weekend, I believe I ate the equivalent of cake pops- there was some sweets on board...Christmas only comes once a year though, and I love the holiday season, celebrating- our tree is coming tomorrow!

Wendy- I went to the BB site to look at p902, intriguing, are you doing the original? Is the ultimate ball just a stability ball or medicine ball? is it more unique than that?

Yes, things have slowed down here, perhaps the holiday season is slowing folks down from workouts and checking in. It's nice to know you all are here to keep me accountable and motivated through the Christmas season.

Bridget

Bridget:: I haven't ordered P90X2 and don't plan on it TBH. When they first announced a sequel was being made I was very excited but lost that excitement over time. I have enough weight lifting series to keep me busy for a while. S90 Ultimate Ball uses a stability ball. It's an excellent core work out! Hope your DD feels better fast!

Erin:: You don't have to follow the weight loads to the letter in order for STS to be effective. Don't sweat it. Do the best you can with what you have available to you right now! :)

Hello All!!

My workout today was AT chased by 15 minutes of Cycle Max, Yesterday's workout was Cycle Max Express & the 1000 Rep BR workout, or should I say 400 rep. That's all I could do, I was completely wiped out!!

Good night All, sleep well!!

Morning Ladies.

Rest day for me today as per my rotation. I have Tabata Inferno on tap for tomorrow though so watch out! :eek::eek::eek:

Wiggie:: Awesome job with the 1000 Repper! Do it again nxt week and you'll do more I bet! :) But can I ask why on earth you did CM first?? :eek: Crazy girl!

BBL~:cool:

Hello!

Today's workout was Low Impact Challenge. Need I say more? :p

Wendy: Weak sangria should be outlawed. :D I think the juice:wine ratio was to high. I'm making it for Christmas, and i'm definitely going to fix that problem. ;) I didn't even think about using my iphone as a timer. :rolleyes: Great idea!

Wiggie: Nice workouts! That 1000 Rep BR workout sounds crazy intense. I'm very impressed with 400 reps! :) In no time you're going to be busting out all 1000 reps no problem. ;)

Bridget: Awww sorry to hear your 9YO is sick. It's that time of the year again. I love the holiday season too! I figure as long as i'm not gaining (much) during the holidays, i'm fine. I did finally rid my house of all remaining cookies, cake pops, etc. Maybe I can kinda stay on track until Christmas/New Years (maybe...hopefully...we'll see..... :D ).

Erin: Whew what a rough morning you had yesterday. Frustrating!!! I've got this great feeling things are going to start looking up for you. :)

Katie:: You really are a Cathe step junkie, aren't you? ;) YW re the timer on your phone. I am always perusing the apps for fitness related stuff. I have a work out app on my IPOD touch. I keep meaning to try the work outs and kept forgetting. Now it's kinda too late for now since I committed to S90 :rolleyes:....unless I decide to sub in a different cardio which is highly likely at some point due to the repetativeness of the cardio in the rotation. :confused:

Hey ladies.

I've been (not) enjoying my recovery week over here, seeing as it coincides w/TTOM :mad: . So it's the usual, cramping, migraine, nonsense...and eating WAY too much chocolate, lol.. just can't help myself :p I did finally sneak in a premix of CycleMax, and it was an awesome burn for a short time. Like 400 cals in 30-40 min or something like that ;). It will definitely be making it into the rotation more often.

Kris: I wanted to say that I'm so sorry about your pup. Our girl is getting up there in years too, and it's so sad seeing her slow down and not be as vibrant as she used to. :( She's literally grown up w/my DS(14), almost like a sister, lol, so watching them both progress through the years, has been bittersweet.

Wendy: I never made it all the way through my S90 "rotation" (if that's what you wanna call it, lol), but that's because I couldn't give it my all during the Achilles disaster :confused: , so I'm waiting to hear how it treats ya ;) I don't think I tried any of the cardios, come to think of it :confused: only the weight/ab wo's. I've heard the Tabata is good, have you done it yet?

Bridget: Keep inspiring me w/your spin madness ;), all your stories of this wonderful torture made a big impact on how bad I wanted the bike. So keep 'em coming, so that I stay motivated to use the darn thing :rolleyes: LOL

Erin: I hope today's workout is a little less eventful than yesterday, and that you and DH can work out an agreement on the tower... :confused:

Wiggie: How ya loving that bike? ;) Seems like it's becoming quite the addition to your arsenal over there. I have to get used to it being here, and make myself use it often enough to solidify DH's purchase, lol :eek:

Katie: We've already had our words over this step nonsense :rolleyes: , and quite frankly it's beginning to affect our relationship :mad: ......... :p

Kiki:: Funny, I was the reverse of you...I had done the cardios and core/abs work outs but not the weights w/the exception of the total body w/o one time. Tabata Inferno is awesome. Cardio Challenge is very good too! IDK if I will withstand the entire rotation or not b/c BR is going to be calling me ;) but I would like to atleast get through a month of it if nothing else. Time will tell! :p

Hello Everyone!!

You know Wendy, I asked myself that same question, I won’t make that mistake again!! I will try the 1000 rep again, maybe later in the week.:)

Katie, you don’t have to say anything more!! I have LIC planned for tonight!! Oh by the way, what are cake pops?

Kiki, this is my recovery week too, sorry yours hasn’t been the best. Good job with CM & yes I am loving that bike!!

Bridget, sounds like the light up party was a blast!! I am really loving spinning!! You’re the Queen, maybe I’ll be the princess? Hope your daughter feels better soon!!

Erin, sorry the gym trip didn’t work out, I just ordered some pace weights, I think they will really help during Meso 3.

Hello Kris!!:)

Last edited:
Good Morning.

I did Tabata Inferno this morning as per the S90 rotation. Holy cow! It's been a while...I forgot how tough that work out is!!!!:eek: Good stuff! ;)

Wiggie:: LMAO. Yeah, I am sure you learned your lesson! :p

Hi gals!

Guess what I did today??? PLYO LEGS! Woot woot! :p Disc 32 to be exact. Love 'em workouts. Except for the one leg squat thrusts. Not a fan of those...because I suck at them. I'm determined to do ALL of them next time though, so I gotta start practicing!

Wendy: Guess what? I found S90 at BB&B for $8.00! I think i'm gonna get it! Well, it's actually $10.00 but i've got a 20% off coupon. I'm really excited. Between that and BR workouts i'm going to be set for awhile. I am definitely a Cathe step junkie. :eek: If enter "step rehab" will you come visit me? :p ETA: Oops posting at the same time! :) Great job with Tabata Inferno. Sounds intense....Can't wait!!

Kiki: If you don't mind me asking, which specific spin bike did you get? I want to add a spin bike to my wish list, but geez there are so many I have no idea what is good and what is bad. I've had bad knees since high school, so eventually i'm going to have to cut back on my step mania. :( :mad: You really don't know what you're missing. Pivot turns, cha cha cha, hip hop repeaters...what's not to love?? :D

Wiggie: Yay for LIC! :) A cake pop is a little piece of heaven on a stick. :D It actually is a piece of cake on a popsicle (or similar stick). Essentially you bake a cake, crumble it into pieces, mix it with frosting, cool/freeze until set, put cake ball on a stick, and dip into candy coating. Then you can decorate any way you want. Here's an example (if you are interested): Food / Cake Pops

Katie:: So wait...let me get this straight. You are NOT doing an STS rotation yet you VOLUNTARILY submitted yourself to the torture known as PLYO LEGS!? :eek::eek::eek: YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!!:D:D:D Um girl! If you don't grab S90 for $8 you are CRAZY!!!!! Yeah, let's just say that Tabata Inferno and Zuzana have a lot in common!;):eek::) LOL-yes ofcourse I would visit you in Cathe Step Rehab if you end up there! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.