Fatloss March

Fembot40

Cathlete
Hi Ladies, I hope you're having a great week so far. I'm still enjoying XT this week. Today was CLB. My upper body is really sore from BS, CB&S yesterday. I'll finish with BS tris and bis tomorrow. I'm looking forward to having by butt kicked with GS next week. :)

On the hair front, I gave up on taking the oral medicine. I gave it a week, and just didn't feel good on it. Plus it made me really tired. I think I'd rather go with a wig, I really don't like pills. We are still in a deep freeze, so I'm sure that's not helping my outlook right now. Time change this weekend, that should help!

Check in when you can. :)

Hi Ladies,

Thanks Tina for starting the new thread. I've been doing BR, bootcamp, and cathe circuits. I just got P90X3 but have no idea when I might do it.

My weight seems to be at a plateau, I'm gonna haven't tighten up the diet, by body can't take much more working out. Of course these m&m's I'm popping right now surely aren't helping.:eek: I actually did disc 15, back & biceps earlier this week. BR doesn't work the muscles as much as I'd like, but it certainly burns off the fat!

Tina-have fun wig shopping! I'm sorry you have to do it, but I have such fond memories of wig shopping with my mom. She had very thin hair and would wear a wig for a special occasion. She had dishwater blonde hair and always went with white blond and it was so much fun to wear them around the house. Did your Dr. suggest any topical remedies? Is there a possible your hair will start growing again? The type my friend has is called 'universalis totalis"....something like that. She doesn't really have any hair to speak off and this ailment occured in her 30's. She just wears scarves when she goes out, she always wore them to bootcamp.

What has happened to Candice and Sue. Hope you are both doing great.

bbl

Today has been spent waiting for appliance repair peeps, so I guess I won't be working out. I did manage a quick walk this morning. Yesterday was Kickbox Surge and Plyo Legs. It's finally warming up, but there is so much snow left, we won't be getting out to bike ride for a few more weeks. GS and LIS this week. :)

Diana, I'm still using the men's Rogaine and will start using Nizoral shampoo, which has been shown to be very helpful with Androgenetic Alopecia. I'm so grateful that it isn't Alopecia Totalis. Your friend must be a very positive person. I'm on the fence about trying a laser comb. I haven't found too many positive results and it is very costly. I'm so happy I went off the meds, I feel so much better now. How many weeks is P90X3? Have you tried the older versions? How does it stack up to STS? I hope you're able to get back to your runs soon.

Hi Sue, I hope you're doing well. :)

Hi ladies! I have 2 workouts then STS is done! I should have done plyo legs today but my sister borrowed T25 and wanted to do it together. we did the cardio section, it was a big challenge for me, at times I had to drop down to the modifier style because my heart was pounding. I'll do plyo legs & a c25k tomorrow, broken up. after my rest week I'll do some slow & heavy. I've only done the legs workout from that series so it'll be interesting to see how I like the rest of the body parts.

I got a nutri bullet last week, have made 3 drinks so far. the first was awful (kale - too much, banana, blueberry, avocado, flaxseed), but I drank it. The second one tasted what fresh cut glass smells like (kale - a little less than before, banana, avocado, orange, flaxseed). The third one was finally appetizing (kale - only a handful, banana, avocado, granny smith apple, flaxseed).

Are you ladies thawed out yet? The temps have been rising here, I'm ready for spring :)

Tina I'm so glad your diagnosis is "only" alopecia. I hope the topical treatments give you some results. if I were to go the wig route I'd live it up with some reds & blondes! I met a lady who was bald & had no eyebrows, she lived on a block where I knew 3 people who had cancer. I was like WTF is up with this block? She's like don't worry it's only alopecia. I felt like a turd but she took it in stride. You may find yourself dealing with socially inept people like me :). Yes, I have the warrior dash on the 22nd, with my sister again. There's a new obstacle they've added this year called the Goliath that looks scarier than anything I've gone up against so far. I'm trying not to get psyched out by it.

Diana have you decided on the project me program? I followed the link you posted, looks interesting. Do you have to attend a gym that trains it or can you do online/at-home? it seems like you have a bunch of fitness activities happening all the time, I don't know how you keep it all up. I'm a success when I get in a single workout :). I'm a meat eater like your family. I may change my ways though, so much press about all the extra hormones/chemicals.

Have a great week ladies, I'll check in when I can :)

Hi Ladies, sorry I've been MIA. We have gremlins again. Oven, pellet stove, computer and garage door opener all quit this week. Computer seems to be working a little better and the oven is fixed, so we're almost back to normal. This week has been the GS's and we did manage a 25 mile bike ride on Sunday, which was heavenly. Tonight will be plyo legs with DH. I'm thinking HR for tomorrow.

I did manage to order LBB from Collage and a new copy of MM as DH has worn out the original (it skips in a few places), so my week hasn't been totally bad. I also grabbed the newest Amy Bento step workout, it was only $4.99. I can't wait for the mail to get here. :)

Sue, I like the sounds of your juicing. How is it going? Have you found a favorite combo yet? I wish I could handle flaxseed, my whole family has a problem digesting them. :( I hope you've been able to run outside. We are back to snow and dropping temps.

Diana, how's P90X3 going? Is it tough? Check in when you can. :)

BBL

Hi ladies,

I missed my normal weigh in on Wednesday so stopped in today. No Change...so annoyed. At least it's not going up, but I'm basically the same weight I was in December. Still holding at about a 20# loss but the next 10-12 aren't budging.

I'm not actually doing the P90X3 rotation and I haven't even tried one disc yet. I watched the program preview disc and read a bit of the materials. With tri-training starting I don't want to start a 3 month rotation. Same with the Project Me....They will be offering Project Me in the fall and that will work much better for me.

I haven't been feeling well, just basically tired and uninterested. I'm getting my w/o's in 5 days instead of 6 days/week. I'm hoping the tri training will get me out of this rut.

I'm running a 7K on Sunday, aptly named Runnin' of the Green! Monday night is my last bootcamp class until the summer session starts. Swimming also starts this next week and then tri training starts in April.

Tina-When 1 thing goes, they all go...or at least it seems to happen that way. Glad you were able to get out for a ride. I saw the collage was going out of business but was too late. I've always wanted to get more Amy Bento, especially her kettlebell w/o's. I have some of her step, kickbox and weight w/o's and like her a lot. Are you aware you need to grind/blend flax seeds to get the outer whatever it is off??? Have you tried flax meal instead? My normal breakfast is 1/3 C oatmeal, 1 Scoop protein powder, (either 1T flaxmeal or chia seeds) cinnamon, 1 C fruit, 1 C almond or coconut milk.

Sue-if you are interested, here's a link to Simple Green Smoothies. Simple Green Smoothies - Drink your veggies and feel incredible! They will be having another 30 day smoothie challenge in April. They usually send out weekly shopping lists and daily smoothie recipes. The emails contain a lot of information on why certain foods are beneficial for you, and it's free. They also offer the 21 day cleanse for a fee.

bbl

Today was Amy's Hi Low Knockout, which I haven't mastered yet, so it wasn't a great workout. It will be, if I ever get it down pat. Tonight, DH and I will be doing GS BSB. He tried the other two GS's and really liked them. He skipped the floor work though. I've been doing two leg workouts a week, in the hopes it will pay off when I get back on the bike. It's still really, really cold here, so cycle season will be starting late this year.

Diana, your 20 lb weight loss is fantastic. That you're able to maintain it this time of year is a huge feat. I'm sure things will progress again when the warm weather arrives. :) How was your 7K?

Tomorrow I'll be trying LLB for the first time. I can't wait!

Good morning Ladies. Today is a rest day. This week will be circuits. I've done two weeks of XT and two weeks of GS and my wrists seem to need a break. I really enjoyed my first run through of LLB. I tried (and failed) to do Amy's Advanced Step 5. I didn't make it past combo #1. AS2 took me weeks to master, but when I got it down, it instantly became my favorite step.

Our computer is dying a slow death. It only types three out of the four letters I type, so please forgive all the typo's.

Miss you guys, check in when you can. :)

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA. I've been doing the BR w/o's and am looking forward to the 21 day challenge that will be starting on Monday. I won't start until later in the week though.

I hope to lift weights this weekend. I'm a little under the weather (head cold), so we'll see. Also, I've attended a Retirement Planning Seminar last Saturday morning and this morning and that really screws up my weekend workout schedule. The retirement seminar was so informative. We have years left to work, but having this information now is great.

The 7K last weekend was very hilly and a really good w/o considering it was such a short run. Afterwards I stopped by to visit DS1 who lives downtown, a mile from the finish line. It was nice to see him.

Oh, my weigh in yesterday was exactly the same as last week...again. I need to buckle down the eating and make some changes. Something has to get the scale moving again.

Tina-What is LLB??? I can't keep all the acronyms straight. Gives your wrists a break, now worries. I'm thinking of doing GS Upper Body this weekend. I have Amy Bento's Kickbox Xtreme and it took a bit to get down but it is really fun. I tried to order some of kettlebell w/o's from collage but they were out.

Sue-where are you and what are you up to?

Candice...you to girl, what are you up to?

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.