Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > VIDEO & DVD ROTATIONS

VIDEO & DVD ROTATIONS Welcome to the Video & DVD Rotations Forum. This is a forum to share your favorite Video/DVD rotations. Cathe will also contribute to this forum by providing one video/DVD rotation per month. To help others benefit from your rotation contribution, please give it a category title. Some examples could be: Strength, Cardio, Circuit, Total Body Strength, Total Body Endurance, All Step, Kickbox, All Upper Body, etc. We would also love to hear what changes you have experienced or are still experiencing while using this special rotation. Thanks for sharing!

Official Cathe Beginner Rotation

This is a discussion on Official Cathe Beginner Rotation within the VIDEO & DVD ROTATIONS forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; If you are new to working out with me and are fairly new to fitness, I suggest you use the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Default Official Cathe Beginner Rotation

If you are new to working out with me and are fairly new to fitness, I suggest you use the following DVD's along with this posted 3 month fitness program to prepare you for my more advanced workouts.

These workouts are Basic Step and Body Fusion (both on one DVD), Low Impact Step and Total Body Sculpting (both on one DVD), and Total Body Stretching. The equipment used in these beginner DVD's is as follows: 3 to 5 pound handweights, an exercise tube (preferrably with handles), and a stability ball.

Side Note:
After doing the 3 month break in period, I think all other tapes will be more comfortable for you (however, I suggest Cardio and Weights as the next stepping stone). The workouts that you should hold off on for a good few months are all of the Imax workouts (ie: Interval Max, Imax 1, 2 or 3) and any workouts labled using the words "Extreme or Terminator" in its title.

Here is a three month starter workout plan:

Week 1,2 and 3:

Mon: Basic Step plus Lower body hand weight add on (it is one of the workouts on the tape)

Tues: OFF

Wed: Basic Step plus upper body hand weight add on (it is one of the workouts on the tape)

Thurs: One Segment from Total Body Stretching (a good idea to start with the segment that uses no equipment)

Fri: Basic Step plus Abdominal routine add on (it is one of the workouts on the tape)

Sat: Upper AND lower body tubing routine (it is one of the workouts on the tape)

Sun: One segment of Total Body Stretching plus the the abdominal add on from the Basis Step DVD

WEEK 4, 5, and 6

Mon: Body Fusion

Tues: Lower Body add on with hand weight from Basic Step DVD

Wed: Body Fusion

Thurs: The abdominal add on from the Basic Step DVD plus One segment from total Body stretching

Fri: Brisk walk outside for 40 minutes and a segment from Total Body Stretching

Sat: Upper and Lower body add on with tubing plus abdominal segment from Basic Step DVD (they are all on the DVD)

Sun: A segment from Total Body Stretching DVD

Week 7, 8, and 9

Mon: Low Impact Step

Tues: Total Body Sculpting

Wed: Low Impact Step

Thurs: Abdominal Add on from Basic Step DVD plus one stretch segment from Total Body Stretching

Fri: Body Fusion

Sat: OFF

Sun: Total Body Sculpting

Week 10, 11, and 12

Mon: Low Impact Step

Tues: Lower Body Add On with hand weights from Basic Step DVD

Wed: Body Fusion

Thurs: Brisk walk for 40 minutes plus abdominal add on from Basic Step DVD

Fri: Total Body Sculpting

Sat: One segment Total Body Stretching

Sun: OFF

As far as what to eat....

Eat a wide variety of veggies, especially dark leafy green veggies, a wide variety of lean protein sources, a wide variety of complex carbohydrates, and keep all your foods in their more natural form (without cream sauces, or frying, or without swimming in oils). Eat a wide variety of healthy fruits too and be sure that you have citrus sources as well. A daily multi-vitamin is a good idea too.

Good luck and always listen to your body along the way. Gently push harder on energetic days. Strive to maintain your best effort on stressful or "not fully into it" days. Take a day off on days that you have lead legs, fighting a bad cold, feeling mentally or physically run down, or experience an overall sense of "I just can't do this today"

Old 03-16-2006, 03:11 PM
Cathlete

Send a message via ICQ to glogal1
Default RE: Official Cathe Beginner Rotation

WOW! thanks cathe! My daughter has been firming for almost a year and she's ready to move on up!! This would be perfect for her!

I think it's great that you did this and added some eating advice as well!

Thanks again:)
Gloria
Old 03-18-2006, 06:13 AM
Cathlete

Thanks!
Old 03-21-2006, 11:10 PM
Catheite

Question: I've been doing the beginners june 04'rotation and adding in the new stuff especially cardio.

So I was wondering if it would be okay to start using the pure stre. and/or slow and heavy series along with your cardio hits/classic dvd's?

I've been viewing both PS and SH vid's. However, I really like the PS series... What do you think??? Should I con't the extra month on beginner's rotation or move on....... i'm getting that bored feeling as a beginner....

the vid's I have:
classic vol1
cardio hits
slow and heavey series
pure strength series
basic + body fusion
total body stretching
low impact step + total body sculpting
high step circuit
all step

I already have all the firm tape. However, my plan is to buy your series have 2weeks until I have the lot!!! so far I have last 40 pounds and dropping... I want to keep this moving....I do not want to go back to a size 16!!! I'm now an 8/10.....YEAH!!! I really value your opinion... thanks for listening......:7
Old 03-31-2006, 08:20 PM
40something

This is really beneficial for all the gals/guys who are new to Cathe workouts. :-)

And...for those who are returning to exercise after being away for awhile.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:26 PM
40something

Roxie, you might get more responses if you post this on the DVD/Video Forum or the Open Forum.

My suggestion would be to go ahead and start adding the other workouts as long as you are feeling strong and well. Just remember to start out using a weight that you can lift with PROPER form. Don't try to lift the heavy weights that Cathe/crew do. You need to gradually work up to that level.

Cathe is great in her workouts with giving direction's and tips on proper form. Pay attention to her 'teaching moments' and learn by doing as Cathe and crew do.

And a BIG congratulation's on your weight loss!! Wow! You have been working very hard to get into shape! :D :7 :D
Old 04-01-2006, 08:00 PM

what videos do you have tubeing ?
Old 04-19-2006, 07:34 AM
Catheite
fitme40's Profile Fields

I have fallen off the exercise wagon and am now ready to get back on. This rotation looks great but I don't have the Low Impact Step/Total Body Sculpting DVD. I have everything else that Cathe has done so what would you recommend I use as a substitute? Thanks in advance.

Laura
Old 12-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Cathlete
punka274's Profile Fields

GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!

This Answers alot of my questions.
Your Awesome!!

Amy
Old 02-04-2007, 10:32 PM

:7 Thank you Cathe! This is just exactly what I needed!

I just purchase your "Total Body Sculping Program" at Target which includes all of these programs you just described plus it came with the equipment too, however it doesn't come with a workout calendar so I was very confused. I am glad I came to your site, because I was a totally lost and not knowing where to start.

I am glad I found you at Target..are you planning to sell more packages like these in the future?

Your new Fan!!

Yen.

;) ;) ;) ;)