Cathe's 16 week Max weight loss rotation

A

amanda12485

Does anybody have the details to this I cannot find it anywhere. or a generic breakdown of the rotation?

here you go!

Here it is - I had it saved on my computer - enjoy!

Cathe’s Sixteen-Week Maximum Weight Loss Rotation

Cathe’s Notes: I think in addition to using my tapes, it’s important to cross train with a variety of activities to get the most out of any rotation. Try this four-week rotation (4 times in a row, totaling 16 weeks) along with the cleanest and healthiest eating plan you think you can stick to.
Remember to eat enough nutritious calories to support your activity level or else you will slow your metabolism down. Good luck and have fun!

WEEK ONE:
Mon..... Cardio Kicks
Tues....PS BBA plus a 30 minute walk/run interval program. (A seven-minute walking warm up followed by seven/four minutes cycles where you run for 3 minutes and walk for one minute). Then cool down and stretch.
Wed..... Power Max
Thurs....Interval Max
Fri..... Off
Sat..... PS SL&A
Sun..... PS CST Plus the cardio portion of Xpress Step & Intervals.

WEEK TWO:
Mon: MIC
Tues: MIS
Wed: Off
Thurs: Step Fit
Fri: MIS
Sat: A 40 minute walk run workout. Aim to run more than walk. Then cool down and stretch.
Sun: Circuit Max

WEEK THREE:
The Cross Train Express series in the order of your choice. But separate the Power Circuit video from the Leaner Legs video. Seventh day is OFF.

WEEK FOUR:
Mon: Biking for 45 minutes (if you are including some hills, then 35 minutes). Cool Down and stretch.
Tues: Step Works
Wed: PS BBA plus a 30-minute interval run/walk workout.
Thurs: PS CST Plus the same bike routine as Monday.
Fri: PS L/A
Sat: OFF
Sun: Body Max

PS = Pure Strength

BBA = Back, Biceps, Abs
CST = Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
SL&A = Strong legs & abs
L&A = legs and abs (same as SL&A)

MIC = Max. Intensity cardio

MIS = Maximum Intensity strength

Can anyone provide a generic breakdown for this rotation? I do not have ANY of these workouts! (I realize it's a bit older, and I've generally avoided the older workouts because I find the awful music and worse outfits very distracting!)

I will definitely need this in the new year, and I'd love to try it, but I have no idea what some of these workouts entail, so could someone with more experience with the older and newer workouts provide some insight?

MC

MC, if you go to Cathe.com, look up the description of each workout - you should be able to figure out which one that you already have to sub. For instance, when the rotation says Power Circuit. Read that description to see if its a circuit workout with weights or just cardio. Then look at what you have to sub. I used to do that all the time when trying to follow her workouts.

I hope this helps.

This is an old thread but wondering did anyone try it? Lose anything? And i dont have pure strength what weight wo will work. Also interval max what dvd is that on?
Wow alot of them i dont know where to find it..i had tk reread it ... So im trying to plug in some newer ones in place of some of these.
But anyone try it?

Last edited:
I haven't tried it--or really any of Cathe's rotations except Xtrain, but I really want to. I actually have almost all of the workouts but don't use them as much as her new stuff, so this would actually give me an excuse to do them!

Interval Max is on Rhythmic Step + Interval Max + Maximum Intensity Cardio DVD MIC is tough btw--it blew me away the first time I did it. I did not expect it to be as tough as it was.

The only ones I am missing from the rotation are the step workouts from her Cardio Hits DVD: Power Max, Step Fit and Step Works. I haven't bought that DVD because I know the choreography is complex and well--I hate her super complex choreography. I did buy The Classics DVD (Step Jam, Step Heat and Step Max) because the reviews seemed to indicate that the choreography was more doable. I wonder if I could substitute those for the Cardio Hits workouts?

I dont think power step or those are more complicated. Because she brakes it down realy nice . I love them .. But i have the hits and classics so yes i think u can supstitute them! Goodd idea. I hope some one has tried it and will chime in to help us out :)

Wow, I'm glad I found this rotation. I'm really starting to love the idea of rotations. It makes me feel like I am "checking off" something (in a good way - I'm a type-A "to-do" list person so that is a good thing for me and it keeps me motivated to continue).

This looks like a great rotation, but IDK, it seems like it might be more of an advanced rotation? Fat loss is definitely my goal. But I also do not have many of these DVDs. I wonder if there is a rotation w/ her newer DVDs that is a max fat loss?

Bumping because I'd like to see if anyone has success with this or has a generic breakdown or a newer fat loss rotation!

Bumping because I'd like to see if anyone has success with this or has a generic breakdown or a newer fat loss rotation!

I think it would be great also if Cathe did a revised weight loss using some new DVDs as well s older ones. We have gotten LIS crossfire ttm. And x train and her new ones coming out as well! So I'd love to see a revised weight loss rotation ! How fun!!

Bumping the request for a fat loss rotation based on newer workouts...LIS, Xtrain, CF, TTM, plus the new DVDs :) Would be FABULOUS!

Thanks , I have been jogging and lifting I have lost5 pounds so far after 2 years if trying!!! Lol I'd love to get a new weight loss rotation that really kicks up the weight loss!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.