Workout music

danzakcpa

Cathlete
Does anyone want to share their favorite workout music. I am looking for high-energy music lists to keep me super-charged during my workouts. Please feel free to share your lists, thanks!

Right now, on my iPod, I've got Green Day (from Dookie and the recent album), Smithereens, Patti Smith (Gloria & Dancing Barefoot), Alice in Chains, Depeche Mode, plus softer stuff that's mixed in. Having music is the only way I can stay on the treadmill. I'd love to get the soundtrack to that German flick "Run, Lola, Run," but they don't have it on iTunes.

I change my workout playlist every few weeks, but right now I have:

Morrissey "Suedehead"
Kon Kan "I Beg Your Pardon"
The Smiths "What Difference Does it Make?"
LL Cool J "Mama Said Knock You Out"
Lita Ford "Kiss Me Deadly"
Billy Idol "Dancing With Myself"
and for the cheese factor Michael Sembello's "Maniac" from Flashdance as I push myself up the last hill! :)

Right now I have:
John Mellencamp - The Authority Song, Rockin' in the USA, Little Pink Houses and Human Wheels
Joan Jett - Bad Reputation, I Love Rock N Roll, and I Hate Myself for Loving You
Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar on Me, Let's Get Rocked and Armageddon It
Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer, Wanted Dead or Alive, and my current absolute favorite - Bad Medicine.

I kept repeating Bad Medicine over and over today during a run because it just kept me so dang happy.

I will definitely have to add Lita Ford's Kiss Me Deadly - I had forgotten about that song. Nothing like a little 80's rock to get you going. (At least for now....I like to change songs up every couple of weeks or so. Who knows next week it could all be bluegrass.)

Ipod has:

Pink (new stuff)
Yeah (Usher)
Check on It (Beyonce)
You Shook Me All NIght Long (AC/DC)
Lots of Madonna
and yes, Britney Spears!

I tend to like really fast stuff. Here are many of my songs from my running playlist.

My favorite artists for workout music: Black-eyed Peas, Pussycat Dolls, TLC, Fatboy Slim, Usher, Salt-N-Pepa,Vengaboys, Technotronic, Jurassic 5

Specific songs:
Destiny's Child: Jumpin' Jumpin' (Remix), Bug A Boo, So Good (remix)
Pink: Humble Neighborhoods, Trouble, Hell Wit' Ya, Tonight's the Night, Do What U Do, Can't Take Me Home, God is a DJ, Last to Know, Hiccup
Fefe Dobson: Give it Up, Stupid Little Love Song, Rock it Till You Drop it, Unforgiven, Take Me Away,
Deee-Lite: Who Was That?, Groove is in the Heart, ESP
Prince & the New Power Generation: Walk Don't Walk, Gett Off, Jughead, Cream
Prince: Musicology, Life O' The Party
Junior Jack: U Look Fantastic (VERY motivating)
the Blackout Allstars: I Like It Like That
DMX: Party Up (Up in Here)
Kylie Minogue: Give it To Me,
Quad City DJs: Move to This, Work Baby Work, Stomp & Grind, Party Over Here
Right Said Fred: I'm too Sexy
Blair: Have Fun, Go Mad
RuPaul: Supermodel
Colourbox: Pump Up the Volume
Britney Spears: Toxic
Junior Senior: Move Your Feet
C&C Music Factory: Gonna Make You Sweat
Superchic(k): One Girl Revolution
Janet Jackson: Black Cat
Joanna Pacitti: Watch Me Shine

70's music (All available on one compilation CD)
Rose Royce: Car Wash (70's music)
Lipps Inc: Funkytown
Hot Chocolate: You Sexy Thing
A Taste of Honey: Boogie Oogie Oogie
Rick James: Superfreak
Commodores: Brick House
Mya: Sex Machine
Ohio Players: Fire

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.