Workout Blender Option

MissParker

Hello Cathe! If you are to do the Workout Blender, I think your suggestion of having the Workout
Blender on a Compilation DVD makes the most sense for the following reason: If one DVD has chest, back, shoulders, does that mean that the workout blender would only consist of exercises for chest, back, and shoulders? If so, I would think that doing a DVD that had all body parts (legs, back, shoulders, etc.) would make the most sense so that you could pick and choose 16 or more exercises for any body part (like if you wanted to put together your own total body workout, you could pick and choose). I hope this makes sense. But since this would also be available on your software in the future, I'd be okay without the workout blender. But I just thought that if it were included, that it would make sense to do a compilation DVD so you could mix and match exercises from any body part. Also, if you are limited technologically for each DVD, it might free up the individual DVDs for more premixes or other techno stuff. Just a thought. I'm excited to buy this product regardless of the outcome on the workout blender. Thank you!

I, personally, am not that interested in the Workout Blender option. Between the workouts as-is & so many premix options (esp. on 4DS), I really don't see the need (i don't like to think it thru that much - i like it to be all planned out for me!).

But, I can see how others may want it, so if there is one, the total body complitation would make the most sense, imo.

rose2boys

Keep smiling & sweating!

Another vote for blender.... I am thinking of long term... After YEARS of doing Cathe's collection its really fun to create a blend yourself that meets the need of the type of rotation you are focusing on .... I use the blender on the DVDs that have them because I can do the premixes & as produced in my sleep but still love the workouts...Its also a great way to increase or decrease the intensity of a workout..both on the strength end as well as cardio.
Thanks for asking our opinion!

Premixes satisfy me. I haven't really used the workout blender too much in the past. However, if you decide to utilize this concept, I believe a compilation DVD, as mentioned in another post, would be the most appropriate.

>Premixes satisfy me. I haven't really used the workout
>blender too much in the past. However, if you decide to
>utilize this concept, I believe a compilation DVD, as
>mentioned in another post, would be the most appropriate.

The premixes alone are good for me, too, especially since it sounds like this whole training system is put together in order to get the maximum effectiveness as they are.

If the Workout Blender is done, though, I like the idea of having it on its own DVD so that (hopefully!) those of us who don't want it don't have to purchase it.

Leanne

I LIKE the workout blender. Anything that gives me more options, I am for it all the way !

For the STS series, I don't see how the Workout Blender makes ANY sense at all. The entire point of the series is that a professional is laying out the sequence for us. Giving us the ability to monkey with it seems totally against the entire principal of the series. If I want to go create my own workout, I can do that with the numerous other videos I have. This is a series - stick with what the professional designed.

I haven't used the workout blender option nor would I be interested in one for this series. I LOVE the premixes. I do those more than the regular workouts.

I would love the workout blender. I love circuits above all other types anymore. I wind up creating them through parts of various Cathe workouts by playing one section of one DVD, taking out the DVD, putting in another, going to the desired chapter of the second one, taking that out, putting in the first again or another DVD, going to the desired chaper...etc. I use my laptop with only one DVD drive, and it is time-consuming to play a workout that way, though the "new" feeling workout gives me variety I need. I'm thinking with the workout blender, transitioning between sections would obviously be smoother....though I would lose my cheat recovery time (time it takes me to change dvds)which I am sometimes secretly grateful for. There may be some media software which allows me to complete that whole process more efficiently, but I don't really want to get that advanced with it or have the time to.

I use the workout blender all the time with the Blast series. Please include it in the new workouts!

I just posted a poll, to make it easier for SNM to see 'at a glance' how many people want/don't want the workout blender option.

Another fan of the workout blender option. I really miss it in the newer series. If you could enter more than 6, it would make it even more appealing.

And once you've worked through the STS 'as is' a few times, you just might start to balk at being told what to do every step of the way as if you couldn't possibly think for yourself and you just might want to use your own expertise, because let's face it, those of us who have been lifting with Cathe for a while now do have a certain level of expertise, to make the workouts work better for you and stave off boredom.

So, I vote "yes" for the workout blender because I, for one, am completely capable of thinking for myself.

Clare

>And once you've worked through the STS 'as is' a few times,
>you just might start to balk at being told what to do every
>step of the way as if you couldn't possibly think for yourself
>and you just might want to use your own expertise, because
>let's face it, those of us who have been lifting with Cathe
>for a while now do have a certain level of expertise, to make
>the workouts work better for you and stave off boredom.
>
>So, I vote "yes" for the workout blender because I, for one,
>am completely capable of thinking for myself.

I totally agree.

I enjoy the blender option and miss it in the new series. I like being able to make my own workouts. I know what works best for me. We're all built differently so the same workout isn't what's best for everybody. Let me pick and choose.

My vote is for the option.

I prefer the pre-mixes also. I wouldn't be able to figure out how to make my own :7 . I usually only do what Cathe does for the main dvd but I sometimes do the pre-mixes.

Darlene

Polls are great but basic. We also need this thread because it is equally important for SNM to understand the reasons why we may or may not desire the WB.

Clare

I really enjoy the Workout Blender and wish it were on more DVDs. It really is quite simple to utilize and it eliminates the need to go back to the chapter menu to add segments I want to include in a workout. Deb

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.