This is a very common problem, you're not alone! You've conditioned yourself to not question your thoughts when you are bored. You need to mentally "press pause" when you reach for food and aren't hungry and ask yourself some questions.
1. Am I really hungry?
2. How will this food feel as I eat it?
3. How will I feel right after I've finished eating it?
4. How will I feel 1 hour after I eat it?
5. Will this food still be with me 3 hours after eating? How will that make me feel?
6. How will I feel tomorrow morning if I eat this?
Simply getting some perspective and knowing that YOU have control over the food and your thoughts is very powerful.
You also need to find other things to do during those hours so that your mind is occupied, preferably something outside the house so you are not thinking about food.
I highly recommend the book, The Beck Diet Solution, by Judith Beck. This book is not a diet, it is about the mental/emotional challenges of eating, dieting and self-sabotage. There are lots of useful tips in this book.
You can do it!