videos to purchase

amym3

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I haven't bought any Cathe videos yet. Here is what I am thinking of and would like opinions. I am currently on a 6 day rotation as follows:
day 1 interval cardio/a.m.
day 2 lower body a.m./ cardio (running) p.m
day 3 upper body a.m.
day 4 interval cardio/a.m.
day 5 lower body/ a.m.
day 6 upper body/a.m.
day 7 is rest day

My upper and lower days are approx 65 - 75 minutes with 5 minutes of abs following each session. interval cardio on day one is running
My interval cardio on day 4 is the problem. I need approx. 20 minutes at home. My space is limited, so keep that in mind. I was thinking of purchasing the IMAX2 interval, will that be a good choice. I'm also thinking of the pyramid upper and lower for my weight days to alternate with my current (which is standing leg portion of Firm's tough tape II, bbb, or a classic then lower body floor tape; upper body is the firms upper body tape). Over at the fit prime board Cathe has a lot of fans! right now my budget is tight so I don't know that I can purchase 3 at one time. With the tapes I am using can anyone tell me which of the tapes I am considering would benefit me most? Also, if I need a stability ball can anyone suggest a good one and give me a cost estimate. Can I use my free weights instead of a barbell for now with these tapes? Thanks so much!

Yes you can use your free weights if your referring to dumbells. That is what I use in the PLB, but in the PUB is all dumbells. This is one of my favorite. I haven't done the Imax 2 yet, well maybe I tried it 1 through 3 intervals, but that was my first time so I really can't answer that question. I did Imax 1 and I really had fun with that. Im sure someone else can help you there. Well good luck;-) .

I would second the motion to get IMAX 1 - if you're looking for a CHALLENGING interval workout, this is it! If you're in a time crunch, you can always break it up and do the first 5 intervals one day, and then the second 5 on another day. I don't have the Pyramids (yet!), so I won't be much help there. As far as the stability ball goes, definitely check out E-bay. You can get brand new ones sealed in a box for a lot cheaper than full price - I'd also recommend buying one that comes with its own pump. Size is also very important, too (small, med, or large, depending on YOUR height). I got my ball on E-bay for $20 - brand new, w/ a pump, and a beginner's video (I think it was Gaiam). Good luck!

Sarah :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.