Strong & Sensible

Lisa, thanks for the link, I'll check it out. Too bad about the bike paths, crazy it will have snow year round??
I did yard max- trimmed palms and birds of paradise and later hit the with dd for an hour, we snorkeled and saw sea turtle andAtlantic Guitarfish

Last edited:
Hi all

Another week gone and I kept meaning to post and forgetting!

Lisa - I think altitude sickness would finish me off! That's great you've still got snow up there.

Mary - have you picked up STS again yet?

Jody - so what is Gator DD going to do now? Is she completely finished with uni? How lovely just going snorkeling from your front door!

Did a mix of workouts last week including a couple of Cathes. Went to London on Sat to meet up with friends for lunch and a good catch-up. Then yesterday we visited family. Weather finally perked up and we're having some nice temps and sunshine at last!

Hello everyone! Summer has arrived! Finally!
Have been working out, not STS, feel like I need to go back to the start?

Lisa, did you get more snow? DS was in Montana last week, for a retreat and it was snowing there, so crazy.

Ronne, sounds like a perfect weekend! London is on my bucket list, then I can meet you! Maybe Jody would make the trek too? Lisa,you in?

Jody, I have been doing yard max too, with all the rain it just keeps growing and growing! Hopefully I’m burning extra calories!

Well, DH got his car back, just in time to make the care payment! Lol. Last week my windshield got hit by a rock, so today I got a new one. Hope all the car business is done! Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

I had a big adventure today! A friend and I met up for a snorkel - dropped one car at one beach and drove to another then drifted and snorkeled about 1.5 miles along the beach. We had amazing conditions as well. We saw 6! turtles, one guy swam right under me. My friend saw a nurse shark and we saw a long spined urchin and a sting ray, a barracuda and I think tarpon. Probably in the water for about 3 hours, gravity was a bitch when we got out! Fatal flaw in plan was lack of foot wear to get up burning hot sand on the beach, we ended up using flippers as a resting spot in between bursts of run. You guys gotta come visit me!

Lisa, I read the altitude sickness link and saved it too. I will keep it in mind. You'd be proud of my safety mindedness today, I wore a lycra full body suit for sun protection.

Ronne, Gator DD is applying for a Masters at UF (subsequent to her recent Puerto Rico gig) so probably staying in same Uni for now then going back to finish at Puerto Rico after a year. She's changing apartment in July though (bangs head on desk). I'm glad your weather has perked up and always envious of London outings.

Mary, yes I'll meet you in London! Your bad luck seems to come in bunches and themes, I hope this round is done! How much STS had you done? Maybe think of it as a warm up. I remember you forgetting about the push ups. I use my Tower for body weight stuff a lot.

I did TB weight work out this morning before I left for snorkel! Waves to all~~~~

Jody, that snorkel sounds fun, what an awesome plan even with burned feet!

Mary, time for someone else to have bad luck (but not me!). The mountains had snow, not just up high but I’m the ski towns. One resort still has ski runs open until July 4th!

Ronne, I watch the amazing race and they were in London. I’m waiting to see how my bff does flying to France. Last time she flew to Europe she said never again. We are not good travelers.

So a week ago we had 60s, it’s now 90. We did some short rides this week. Had an encounter with a coyote and I stayed so calm! He was just 6 ft from us in the tall brush, I wouldn’t have seen him had I not heard him. And suki was out walking, I think he was stalking her. She had a tough time during the thunderstorms and then illegal fireworks. She still isn’t right, the slightest sound (that we don’t hear) has her shaking. I have had weather headaches (barometric pressure? ) so maybe suki feels something.

Hello ladies

Lisa - you and Jody have some real wildlife adventures! Yes, it's suddenly warmed up here as well. We're supposed to get 31 tomorrow but mainland Europe is really bad. They're predicting 45 in parts of Spain today and it was over 30 degrees at 2am!

Jody - what a great adventure, despite the burnt feet! Sounds beautiful. Sounds like a good plan for DD.

Mary - hope the car problems are all finished for you now!

Finished my yoga program this week. I've been doing my 1RMs for STS getting ready for after our holiday. We're off to New York next week! Can't wait. My dad's coming to stay to look after the house and repair things as usual! I probably won't get back here before we go. So enjoy the summer for now and see you all soon.

Ronne, I've heard about the heatwave in Europe, sounds awful! Wow, a trip to New York, what are you going to do?

So took a long walk to release stress from last night's storm and Suki's anxiety and it was nice though my ankle hurt. Then as I turned in my street, anxiety prevailed (for me), a racoon running straight toward me! It was skinny and probably heading for the storm drain so I turned back because there were people with big dogs behind me so figured if it didn't go in the drain at least they're dogs would protect me! It apparently went into the drain. Now I'm even more worried letting Suki outside in the backyard. I guess she has reasons for never wanting to be left alone outside. Now I need to figure out her reasons for being scared of thunder I can't hear (but the neighbor said there was lightning last night. I'm going to try bundling her up in a front baby carrier, it's getting tiresome and I'm getting desperate. DH and I even got in a fight because we're so frustrated

I went for a bike ride on Thurs at a park trail that really was more for equestrian and hiking, I needed more of a mtn bike than my hybrid bike. I was worn out from heat at the end of it, avg hr 142 was heat related. Friday was work- worn out from personalities drama at the end of that!

Ronne, have a great time on your trip, NY on my bucket list. Good luck w/ STS. I'm trying to keep up with some weight training myself body weight or otherwise, I think it is good for us. Hopefully my few days a week and short workout times will hold me.

Lisa, I watch AR too, but when I saw that episode was in London, I waited for dd to watch with me, so I haven't see it yet, no spoilers please!

Mary, whatcha been up to? My patio yard work is caught up and the container gardening is mostly done for now. I think I will wait a few months and start stuff in the fall, mostly greens.

Maybe bbl to update/edit with a workout today since I'm off but so far its rainy and noon and I'm in my pjs having the last of the coffee!

ETA I stayed in my PJs all day long! Lisa we were posting about the same time, sorry about Suki anxiety. I never really pictured her going out on her own. Mine always had to stay on leash outside but because they would go after other dogs. Ronne I read about Euro heat wave and also a fire in Spain secondary to a manure pile combusting in the intense heat, what a crappy situation.

Follow up ETA LIC done subbing BW work for UB weights.

Final edit to add Ronne will you miss Wimbledon this year? Oh no! And Lisa I watched AR, happy with the outcome but loved runners up the most and sad Team Fun didn't make it to the final 3.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Where have I been? I don’t know! DD did come home for the weekend, have started my summer classes, and mowing the grass!

Ronne, New York? I’ve never been, that’s on my bucket list! Have fun!

Jody, I think your heat is up here too. The humidity is insane, all the wheezers have been coming in. I love staying in sweats all day!

Lisa, sorry about Suki, I hope the fireworks aren’t too bad. Boo could care less, as long as there is food she’s in.

Family in this week, I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! Mary

Looks like I may be holding down the Cathe fort for a bit! I did LIC mish mosh of blasts and abs and one round of bw stuff (dips, pushups, pull up and chin ups on tower (so assisted, not hanging).

Lisa, this is likely to be a rough week for you guys, sorry about that, have you tried medication for Suki?
Mary, have a fun weekend with the family, OH weather is crazy, never know what July 4 will bring.
Ronne, safe travels, pop down for a swim!

I am off for a snorkel this aft, weather permitting. I don't know if I'll do the 3 hour tour again. In hind sight it was a bit risky- no one else around and no way to get out of the water for much of the time. Last time I did see a big something of some sort. I popped up, looked around, didn't see anything above water, hauled ass in the opposite direction and put it out of mind. Nothing to be done for it anyway. I literally buried it so deep that I didn't even remember til the next day. o_O

Lisa, how did you guys hold up on the 4th? How were y'alls's holiday? I worked. No Cathe to report or bike rides either but I did hit the beach a few times. I've gotten a new mask and snorkel that I really like, plus I have this full body lycra suit I wear. I think I look like an orca (natural enemy of shark, so now I got that going for me). Between us, we've seen a big spotted ray, nurse sharks, other shark, more turtles, barracuda and various other fish. Pretty cool, its like hiking but underwater. Also, we are sticking closer to each other than previously. Have a good weekend, I'm back to work til Tues.

Hi everyone, trying to quickly fly by. Not because I’m busy working out or cycling but doing some VR stuff on this new Oculus Quest our son got us hooked on (especially dh). 4th went as expected, holding suki. Thank goodness she’s eating since we’re watching sons dogs so it’s competition to make sure they don’t eat her food so she eats it before they can. At night during thunder storm (and we’ve had a lot) she wants under the bed and dig. I don’t care about the carpet but we had to clean out some cords for the wall unit lights (like 6 different cords to unplug and roll up,out of the way. The last 2 days I haven’t even gotten out of my pjs , headache from storms and it gives me an excuse to veg out.

Jody, you’re funny, orca. Sounds interesting. For someone from Florida I really don’t miss the beach and frankly the water always felt icky to me, worse now that I’m older. I saw where there is lots of seaweed......gag!

Mary, so how was the holiday with all the kids?

Ronne, are you back from New York?

Well, hopefully I’ll get my turn at the VR system soon, I like Beat Saber game. You have light sabers and hit the blocks to the beat. I bought the Imagine Dragons songs, fun! In a couple of weeks I’ll have a few GFs over to play and visit and laugh.

Hi fit babes! I'm definitely overdue for a check-in, I apologize! I have been on the compooter at work so much that when I get home, it's the last thing I want to look at. I think my next strategy is to post here on a break at work. I just have to make sure I take a break! :) I'm going back to late April so please bear with me.

Lisa--I did hear about the big wreck that had your freeway closed for 2 days. Maybe because I'm closer to CO I heard about it? I would have cried too if it happened here. I purposely did not take any photos of my shaved doggies. I did not want to memorialize it! I am glad therapy with your sis was productive and what you said about saying no makes perfect sense to me. That was sweet of your boys to take you out for Mother's Day and I am happy for you that they are successful in their careers! I would love to have no time for chores--I wanna be a teenager again too! I completely understand that you fell out of love with Cathe--you have to do what works for you, right? I LOLed about DH not passing a drug test to drive a school bus, I wouldn't pass one either! :D OMG! Congratulations on your lower BP and saying no to sis! That's awesome!!! I understand about Suki demanding a walk or a ride, Basil does that everyday with us. I have to say that's pretty nuts that debris isn't going to get cleared up until mid July and you will still have snow there! I'm so sorry Suki has such anxiety, it is a trait with her breed. My pups have no fear but I didn't know that about them until they were put to the test. Fireworks are still going off now and then and Riley barks but that's about it.

Hi Jody--congratulations on DD's graduation!! I'm glad it went so well when the info you had sounded like it wouldn't! So...some juvy gators startled you on your ride? I would have freaked out, just like I did in mid May when we saw a black bear 50 ft away while we were walking our dogs. I didn't scream or anything, but told the neighbors nearest the bear (so they would keep their dog inside) and proceeded to turn around and walk home as fast as I could. What did the neighbor do? He and his family rushed outside to take photos! DH told me that we basically co-exist peacefully with them but a rest area was closed last year when they found one sleeping in a tree there. The bear is still around, he was seen sleeping in our next door neighbor's tree yesterday afternoon! o_O:eek: I did order the new workouts, I am a Cathe vidiot after all! Hmmm, I don't have anything from Aldi's center aisle because I don't know what Aldi's is. I kept up on GoT
and ended up watching it when everyone else did so I wouldn't get any spoilers. All in all, I was really disappointed in the last season. It was clear to me the original author had nothing to do with it. What did you think? Good going on your weight loss! I am doing OK on the eating but have been less than stellar on the drinking. I know that will get better but I just don't have it in me right now. :rolleyes: I wanna be Ernestine Shephard when I grow up! Not necessarily body building, but clean eating and healthy living. Good for her, what an inspiration she is! And puleeze, you are not the low brow of the check-in, I'm going to see "Menopause the Musical" in August! I haven't attempted LM in years. I may not ever again because it is from the Hardcore series and that series is tough!! Awesome job on your triathalon Jody! ;) I wanna come visit and snorkel with you! I really miss those days of pjs till noon drinking coffee....

Mary, that's interesting our sense of thirst changes over time. I swear I am just as thirsty as I have been for years! I laughed when you said the scariest wildlife you have is possum. If you skipped what I wrote to Jody, please read about our neighborhood bear That I wrote about. :) Like you, I can't give up Cathe either, she keeps me motivated. Wow! Snowed in? That would make me anxious too! After that happened 3 times in one winter in Indiana, my friend's parents packed up and moved back to WA state where's it's safe! :p You are not a downer Mary, far from it! I thought things would be a bit easier now in my life too but they really aren't. I really hope your carpenter ant issue is resolved! We get one or 2 of those buggers flying into the house in the summer and I make sure they have no chance of doing any damage. I'm so sorry DH got hit in the new car!! I'm glad he is OK and you finally got it repaired. I think you've had enough to deal with recently! Did you see Godzilla or nap through it? It didn't get great reviews so napping through it would have been a good choice, :) My heart just broke for you about the bunny family. I would have dealt with it the same way you did. Hugs to you!! When you said a few months ago that you have to plan your trips for graduations next year, you weren't kidding! I'm shocked at the hotel prices you found! Congratulations on DS's internship with NASA--that is fantastic!!

Hi Ronne! How was New York? I too haven't been there (and I admit it made me happy when I learned that Mary and Jody haven't been there either!) I wish DD the best in her exam scores!! Thank you for explaining your government system regarding your PM, I didn't know either. I LOLed with DD going away to Uni will turn you into an obese alcoholic--but that's not true! You just lost weight without trying! That's awesome! I can't do that. Are you OK with DD on her first trip without you? I'm glad summer has reached you, it hasn't come here yet! We did have a hot streak in <ay and another one in June, then we cooled down. I'm OK with the cool down, it's more comfortable to do yard max and 'tis the season for that!

My trip to wine country and hiking area with my friend was awesome! We didn't hike a whole lot because it was unusually warm so we walked flatter trails. The city we stayed in (Hood River OR) is really quaint and we enjoyed all it had to offer. That means I ate and drank too much and it was all delicious! It has some decent shopping too. I've done a lot of yard max maintenance and we've done more landscaping this year and it's looking really nice. DH told me he's taking August off from yard max and that's fine with me! I have been working out, and was doing Cathe's May rotation most recently. I did Cardio Party and then the Calorie Crusher afterwards. The Calorie Crusher is a short IMAX! :oops: Beware. Work is going fine and I seem to be incredibly busy most of the time. I love it but often come home exhausted. I hope that gets better as I grow into the job (it will be a year August 1st!) because I would be disappointed if my age is what is making me tired! :confused:

Other than that, DH and I have a few fun things planned for the summer but no trips. Next week is a pirate festival which is local--unusual for us--and we're looking forward to that. We went to a Victorian festival in early June out of town and that was really fun. We played a wild game of croquet there and I'll post a pic if I can below.

Have an awesome week fit babes and hope it's not too warm for any of you!! Tracy

Quick one for now but bbl with personals and workout update. I just did 4 work in a row and now need to do mom duty today, a cathe and some household stuff, if I even manage to get dressed. I'm a wee bit tempted to weigh in on possible Daytona road trip, anyone else? Maybe it would get me motivated! Also I've got a stretch of 10 off coming up end of July...maybe I'll go hiking or something but should plan soon!
Intensity step done and short bike outside to get some sun and fresh air after being in cootie town sun up to sun down for 4 days. As Ronne has said, I'm keen on Intensity.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Have been working, mowing and youngest DS and I did a little road trip to the Columbus Zoo.

Jody, 4 12’s in a row is rough! Ten days off will be heaven! Those swimming outfits, I don’t know who ever decided that “orca” was the perfect name for the brand!

Tracey, look how adorable you are! Is that croquet with stability balls?? How fun!
Ummm, we don’t have bears thank goodness! Deer, possum, raccoons, squirrels, geese, (so mean btw!). Coyotes and hawks too, that’s when I worry about Boo, she’s only 5 pounds, they will eat her!

Lisa, poor Suki. She’s sensitive. DS has a VR set, he loves it! Whenever I see him in the mask and with his wands, I think he’s an alien!

Ronne, hope you are loving New York!

Not much here, hot and humid. Maybe it will slow the grass down? Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Hi all, I did Intensity- some of step and BC for about 30 min workout. Re Cathe in Daytona, I didn't think I'd ever go again... Yesterday was mom stuff, she is home now but had episode of GI bleed and spent Thurs and Fri in hospital.

Mary, zoo road trip related to DS volunteer work or mere interest? My Gator kid volunteered at a wildlife rescue, got hired and worked there for a year prior to UF. I think her work and volunteer experience is what got her accepted; not the slacker homeschool education, ha ha. Oh and my full body rash guard is not Orca branded, its just a nice lycra cover giving me sun protection. Does DH have a genuine for his triathalons?

Lisa you may get swallowed up in VR like Tron or Ready Player One, be careful out there! I recently created a Sims game. So far my character has no social relationships, barely pays bills on time, often has a messy house and gets stressed at work. Glad you guys survived 4th.

Ronne, I hope you guys have a NY playlist, so much to choose from!

Tracy, I was OK with GOT final. To me, there was no way it could wrap up and also have all the details and richness of previous seasons. So when you went hiking you stayed in Hood River and used that as a base for various trails? How many miles or days did you get in?

Waves to all!!

Last edited:
Yesterday I went for a bike ride and a little walk plus bobbed in ocean for a bit. Today was an hour bike ride. I was going about as fast as could as in not too much sight seeing, but my avg speed is 9.4 mph. Have a good week~~

Hi all! Today did a Cathe live. Just have been working, the usual.

Jody, no he just wanted to check out the competition! Lol. DH has a pair of pants, not the full suit. I don’t think they are orca tho. He has a race coming up on Sunday. I hope the heat breaks by then. Are you off for a bit now?

How’s everyone else? Ronne must still be living it up in the Big Apple! Lisa, i saw your quilts on Facebook, so, so beautiful! Hi Tracey!

Off to the shower! Mary

Hi girls! It seems like it’s been awhile since I posted. At least y’alls excuses are work, I’m just here having fun then get too lazy to write anything. DH and I had been cycling, and now it got HOT! So I’m going to (I promise) going to use this time to clean house before I have some GFs over next week. It’s embarrassingly dusty here! We can’t take one of our favorite cycling routes anymore for a few months. The bike path along the highway caved into a sinkhole, highway did too in the east bound direction! They say it’s all the rain and now all the heat. It’s been sinking they say an inch an hour for the last 3 days! They can’t do anything until it stops moving! Thankfully I have a creative route around the mess! VR is ok, I have to limit it, hurts my neck (the weight of the unit in my face). Been having fun sewing up gifts and more gifts.

Jody, our riding around town speed was low, but a lot of the time we are stopping for suki to get out and walk alongside at her favorite areas. Did you like my title? “I’m going to take my bike down the broomfield roads, I’m gonna ride til the sun does shine”. My brother got a hoot out of it, callled me singing, adding lyrics.....”I got Don to my side, suki in the back, we’re going ride and never turn back. Coyotes in the brush but I’m not in a rush.....”

Mary, thank you! The quilts are snuggly soft and they loved them. Saw my sister today, she was impressed with the soft snuggly feel.

Tracy, you wrote a book! You look so cute in your picture! We got a local brand of CBD for suki, we think it’s helping a bit. We just give it to her daily, she actually wants it, opens her mouth like ‘give it to me! ‘. I’m sure you haven’t heard about our latest highway problem. It’s a nightmare! I’m going to find some pics and post if I can. It’s going to be months before it’s possibly fixed and then there is a private company out of Australia that runs the toll road that had to be shut down and used for a detour and supposedly Colorado May owe this company money since the tolls are shut down! Nightmare!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.